AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-21, 02:13   Link #1
Zexas

Watch_Dogs

already use search button and google couldn't find thread of it.
Old 2013-02-21, 02:19   Link #2
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
I'll see that and raise the demo reel from the last E3:

Should be interesting to see how this develops, especially given that what core mission string there is, is overlaid with lots of 'emergent' opportunities presented not only by the world, but by other players. One can easily imagine a scenario where one player is taking on the hit presented at E3... but at the same time, at least one other is playing guardian angel for the HVT...
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 17:27   Link #3
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
"Another volley...!"

And here we have 'dueling trailers', after a fashion. First, this bit of (PS4) gameplay...

...then, an in-universe after-action report on that string of events:

Old 2013-03-26, 17:33   Link #4
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Damn this game is hyped! GTA where you can hack stuff >_<
Old 2013-03-26, 22:19   Link #5
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

It's essentially Assassin's Creed meets GTA meets Person of Interest. And it looks to be fucking awesome.

I can't wait for 2014. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a new rig a year early. (Or rather, get a better graphics card, since if my rig fits the Crysis 3 recommended specs save graphics card, then then it should be able to play this.)

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-26, 23:57   Link #6
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It's essentially Assassin's Creed meets GTA meets Person of Interest. And it looks to be fucking awesome.
On which note, I'd be quite amused if there were alternate outfits for Aiden inspired by Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft did this recently with Ghost Recon Online; you can see the relevent concept art here, and quite a few fanartists have tried their hand at creating modern interpreations of the distinctive robes)... or taken directly from said games (Ezio's dark-grey outfit from AC: Revelations - seen here in figure form - would 'fit' best).
Old 2013-03-27, 00:10   Link #7
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
On which note, I'd be quite amused if there were alternate outfits for Aiden inspired by Assassin's Creed (Ubisoft did this recently with Ghost Recon Online; you can see the relevent concept art here, and quite a few fanartists have tried their hand at creating modern interpreations of the distinctive robes)... or taken directly from said games (Ezio's dark-grey outfit from AC: Revelations - seen here in figure form - would 'fit' best).
Agreed. As to a modern outfit, I think Desmond's hoodie and jeans are pretty much it, though maybe a white badass longcoat of some sort would also be fine. It would be interesting and a nice touch if we could choose alternate appearances and outfits for Aiden.

Also I predict sooner or later someone is going to mod that game to feature the Major, within a year or so of launch.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-04-29, 11:54   Link #8
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Watch_Dogs

Surprised no body made this thread yet

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 17:33   Link #9
Firefly00

Alert! Alert!

Infodump inbound!

Zero Refuge!

The 'holiday 2013' release window is confirmed... and narrowed to 19 November. Relevant articles follow:
On a lighter note, we have this piece of 'what if?' fan art:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Which, I think, would be a very amusing example of cross-pollination... those characters would be very rare random encounters (see: Prof. Genki in Saints Row: The Third)
Old 2013-04-29, 19:15   Link #10
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^LOL! Like that fan art.
Old 2013-04-29, 20:26   Link #11
Firefly00

And, apparently, Ubisoft isn't afraid to toss in a nod here to Chicago's past, if this image of the Uplay rewards (as distinct from the 'Uplay Exclusive' retail package) is any indication:

Old 2013-04-30, 03:40   Link #12
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

^looks like a Darkman DLC.
Old 2013-05-03, 01:58   Link #13
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Actually, the thread is here. I'll ask the mods to merge them.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-05-03, 16:55   Link #14
Firefly00

Now on deck: the first dev diary...

...and this CNET preview.

Last edited by Firefly00; 2013-05-10 at 09:20. Reason: +CNET
Old 2013-07-18, 23:00   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Watch Dogs limited edition detailed

Quote:
For $129.99, it will include:
  • A copy of the game
  • 9″ statue of Aiden Pearce prominently showing his deadliest weapon – his smartphone
  • Aiden Pearce’s iconic vigilante mask
  • Collectible SteelBook game case featuring DedSec art
  • Official soundtrack with an original score by pioneering composer Brian Reitzell, whose work includes the films The Virgin Suicides, Lost in Translation, and the video game Red Faction: Armageddon. His recent projects – Sofia Coppola’s The Bling Ring and the hit NBC thriller Hannibal – are earning critical acclaim, reaffirming Reitzell’s status as one of the industry’s top composers.
  • Deluxe hardcover art book with 80 pages of concept art
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 15:16   Link #16
Firefly00

Now on deck: approximately fifteen minutes of exploring the game's open world.

Like Far Cry 3 and the Assassin's Creed games, each area of the world - in this case, Chicago - has key areas you have to compromise to unlock the opportunities waiting therein. Here, you have to install a backdoor in the local ctOS server farm.

Shown next is the nuts and bolts of vigilantism: finding a potential victim, waiting for the attacker(s) to show themselves, then acting. You can take your cues from Batman's playbook, or maybe you've chosen Punisher as a role model - either choice has implications for how the city as a whole views your actions... being the primary suspect in a crime, for instance, comes back to bite when Aiden visits a gun store to resupply.

After evading the police search before an actual pursuit gets underway, next on deck is a look at how multiplayer works. Shade of Assassin's Creed are to be had here - that other player appears in your world as one of the many NPCs, and once you're found their approxmiate location, you still have to get a firm lock on them, either eyes-on or by taking advantage of any cameras handy.

Things I'm still wondering about:
  • will we have weapon modifications? Nothing as eleborate as, say, Army of Two, but something like what Ubisoft offered in SC: Conviction would be welcome... for example, stealthy players might want to invest in suppressors and subsonic ammunition for their pistols...
  • the availability of non-lethal options. For example, maybe I'd prefer to simply render an opponent unconscious as opposed to dead (Blacklist and SC: Blacklist give players the option) - maybe my take on Aiden is more Batman than Punisher, of the guards happen to have deadman switches (Batman: AA players will remember an area where the inmates had to be avoided entirely because of their possession of such devices - setting one off would prompt another to kill the hostages). Can we, for instance, get tranquilizer guns (see: MGS3)? Kinetic-stun 'beanbag' shells for the shotgun?
  • are there safehouses? While these are likely not customizable, they could still take a page from their Saints Row siblings in offering a place for Aiden to lay up, change appearance (remember, there are two alternates available via Uplay, and presumably others out there that can be earned) and customize his weapon loadout.
Old 2013-09-04, 20:49   Link #17
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Robbing Poor People Simulator.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 22:58   Link #18
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Shown next is the nuts and bolts of vigilantism: finding a potential victim, waiting for the attacker(s) to show themselves, then acting. You can take your cues from Batman's playbook, or maybe you've chosen Punisher as a role model - either choice has implications for how the city as a whole views your actions... being the primary suspect in a crime, for instance, comes back to bite when Aiden visits a gun store to resupply.
Oh my god, this is freaking Person of Interest. DO WANT FUCK YES. In which case, my approach is going to be Reese instead of Batman or Punisher - primarily nonlethal, unless the perp escalates, in which case it's time to show him how Sam Colt made all men equal. (Even if my weapon was made in Switzerland.) Wonder if they'll do something like Person of Interest: there's a POI who'll be involved in a violent crime, but until it goes down, you don't know if it's a victim or a perp (or, as has been in several cases, both).

Quote:
  • will we have weapon modifications? Nothing as eleborate as, say, Army of Two, but something like what Ubisoft offered in SC: Conviction would be welcome... for example, stealthy players might want to invest in suppressors and subsonic ammunition for their pistols...
  • the availability of non-lethal options. For example, maybe I'd prefer to simply render an opponent unconscious as opposed to dead (Blacklist and SC: Blacklist give players the option) - maybe my take on Aiden is more Batman than Punisher, of the guards happen to have deadman switches (Batman: AA players will remember an area where the inmates had to be avoided entirely because of their possession of such devices - setting one off would prompt another to kill the hostages). Can we, for instance, get tranquilizer guns (see: MGS3)? Kinetic-stun 'beanbag' shells for the shotgun?
  • are there safehouses? While these are likely not customizable, they could still take a page from their Saints Row siblings in offering a place for Aiden to lay up, change appearance (remember, there are two alternates available via Uplay, and presumably others out there that can be earned) and customize his weapon loadout.
* Yeah, I'm hoping for the Conviction customisation, though Blacklist wasn't too bad either. I recall from one of the early demos that Aiden has a folding ASP baton, so that would work for less lethal.
* OH HELL YES BEANBAG ROUNDS. Loved them to bits in SWAT 4. More ranged nonlethal options would be very welcome.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-09-23, 23:30   Link #19
Firefly00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
Wonder if they'll do something like Person of Interest: there's a POI who'll be involved in a violent crime, but until it goes down, you don't know if it's a victim or a perp (or, as has been in several cases, both).
Given the way the game world works, you could in fact encounter two overlapping crimes in progress where one person does in fact fill both roles (perpetrator of one, planned victim of the other).

With that said, I'll just leave this little gift from Nippon here...

Old 2013-09-23, 23:57   Link #20
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Very nice, tempted to actually fight for a day one PS4 to play this...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote