AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-21, 14:30   Link #1
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Durarara!! anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Durarara!! which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:
Old 2010-03-05, 09:35   Link #2
LKK

Can someone tell me which episode it is that has our otaku couple dancing with that Baccano reminiscent dip?

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-03-05, 09:47   Link #3
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Can someone tell me which episode it is that has our otaku couple dancing with that Baccano reminiscent dip?
That would be episode 8. Right before the end.
Old 2010-03-05, 17:03   Link #4
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
That would be episode 8. Right before the end.
Thank you for the answer.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2010-03-06, 06:54   Link #5
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
In my understanding the anime and manga are fairly similar, but how close are they to the novels, more precisely, are they following the general plot and do they preserve the storytelling sequence?
Old 2010-03-08, 17:26   Link #6
Noata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
In my understanding the anime and manga are fairly similar, but how close are they to the novels, more precisely, are they following the general plot and do they preserve the storytelling sequence?
Quoting myself from another thread:
Quote:
Anime is combining novels 1-3, and it messes up the time line. Novel 1 is first year of high school, and 2+ is second year. If they do a second season, they'll probably make that the second year to get the twins+Aoba in.
They also added 3~? anime original character/story lines.
Old 2010-03-12, 23:27   Link #7
blewin

So how many episodes is this series? Is it around 12ish like Baccano?

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-03-12, 23:30   Link #8
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
So how many episodes is this series? Is it around 12ish like Baccano?
According to how many episodes is going to be aired, 24 episodes.

Total episodes according to DVD count is 26 episodes though (13 DVDs, 2 episodes each), so... Until there is concrete info, it's still a mystery of what is the last 2 episodes are (DVD-OVA ala Baccano? Maybe.)

IIRC at the moment (ep 10), we are actually still at novel volume 1.

Old 2010-03-13, 09:44   Link #9
Demoned Away

This question goes for Baccano! as well... but does anyone know if any company plans on translating the novels into English like Little Brown Books is doing for the Haruhi novels?

Also, @Noata: do you think the changes are enough to make the Anime not as good as the novels? Or do you think that it will turn out fine?
Old 2010-03-13, 09:50   Link #10
Noata

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoned Away View Post
This question goes for Baccano! as well... but does anyone know if any company plans on translating the novels into English like Little Brown Books is doing for the Haruhi novels?

Also, @Noata: do you think the changes are enough to make the Anime not as good as the novels? Or do you think that it will turn out fine?
The anime is ok I guess, seems like they're toning it down to appeal to more people. While the manga is slow, at least it did the torture scene right.
Old 2010-03-13, 09:51   Link #11
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

There hasn't been any word yet but Yen Press seems to be the best bet these days. DRRR stands a better chance than Baccano at this point (especially since YP strategy seems to be to license manga/light novels while they're still hot in Japan/have an anime running with them and then release the first volume not too long after the show ends). I believe they are going to make some announcements at SDCC but that isn't until July and, in this economy, I'm not holding my breath on anything before then.
Old 2010-03-13, 14:53   Link #12
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

The answers probably on wikipedia or something but I don't wnat to go there in ace i get spoiled. So...does anyone know why the show is called Durarara!!? I figured it might be to do with Celty's motorcycle, but i'm not sure.
Old 2010-03-13, 14:59   Link #13
DrCnCh
Incomprehensibly Named

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The answers probably on wikipedia or something but I don't wnat to go there in ace i get spoiled. So...does anyone know why the show is called Durarara!!? I figured it might be to do with Celty's motorcycle, but i'm not sure.
I'm thinking that it has more to due with the fact that Celty is a Dullahan; with the whole "with Japanese R and L can be interchanged" the title could be Dulalala!! But it could be a pun on both this and the sound of a motorcycle. Well, that's what I think at least.
Old 2010-03-13, 15:18   Link #14
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The author explains it here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...rarara!!:Title

Quite a fun read.
Old 2010-03-13, 18:03   Link #15
DrCnCh
Incomprehensibly Named

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
The author explains it here:

http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in...rarara!!:Title

Quite a fun read.
That is a monumentally better explanation. Sometimes the most ridiculous ideas end up being the best.
Old 2010-03-13, 18:05   Link #16
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Epic Lol.

"Du...Durarara?"

I can almost see the expression on the editors face. XD

Thanks you guys.
Old 2010-03-14, 21:27   Link #17
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Early in episode 6 there was a tail light flare/drag effect during the car chase scene, was this supposed to be reminiscent of another show or just cool looking? I thought it was a shout out but had no idea whom it could be for.
Old 2010-03-20, 09:28   Link #18
LKK

Question about episode 11 versus the novel account of the same scene. I'll spoiler the question just in case someone hasn't seen ep 11 yet.

Spoiler for ep 11:

I'm asking the question here rather than in the novel discussion thread because I don't want to be accidentally spoiled by venturing into that dangerous territory.

Old 2010-03-20, 09:41   Link #19
Noata

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Question about episode 11 versus the novel account of the same scene. I'll spoiler the question just in case someone hasn't seen ep 11 yet.

Spoiler for ep 11:

I'm asking the question here rather than in the novel discussion thread because I don't want to be accidentally spoiled by venturing into that dangerous territory.
Spoiler for answers:
Old 2010-03-20, 22:44   Link #20
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

i have watch only a few ep and was wondering if this anime has no story plot at all....

Tags
q&a