AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 04:04   Link #16481
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

You forget, magic is a hidden society in To Aruverse, so we don't even need to pull in the Negimaverse.

... I gotta tweak the To Aru Keroko when I get back.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 04:05   Link #16482
hideki101
Bored out of his mind...

So, I'm trying to get my Negima/Nanoha crossover down in bytes, and I missed the discussion two or so pages ago. Crud. Anyway, the plot synopsis may be as follows:
Spoiler for crossover idea:

I'm not good at prose at all, and I may need some help ironing out the details and twists, but that's the general idea. Meaning, I have the general plot to follow (mostly Negima's plot as told from one of the Ace's views) but I have problems with stuff like how and when do they decide to go there, and what fun things do they do once there.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
This is a job for the 2-in-1 Khrack Meister! >=3

I guess we can, if only he appears at all that is.

I'm pretty much going to pretend that the magic side doesn't exist, but if I do, I'll probably pull in Negima's "hidden magic society" thing. Or explain that Earth's "magic" is really just ESP that Aleistor tweaked his city to cause a "auto-immune" reaction against, hence why TSAB has not bothered with Earth "mages" in the first place (And why Touma's power works on both sides).

Either way, it will be fun, and full of RAILGUN.
The way I thought of it, the magic side would be connected to Mahora (think the church Misora works at (yes, I know this doesn't work if you look too closely)) and of the Esper's side, I wound up connecting it to the Heroesverse. That's actually the home verse of the original versions of my three OC characters I posted earlier in the OC thread, the conglomeration of four or so series. kind of messed up, come to think of it.

Last edited by hideki101; 2009-10-05 at 04:15.
hideki101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 04:20   Link #16483
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
In other news, with regards to the idea of academia cities of Earth, moving from secret magical training centers like Hogwarts and Mahora, I've recently discovered that absolutely nothing has been mentioned about the state of Earth itself with respect to its sciences. It might even have Armor Slaves running around the hot-spots and we wouldn't even be able to tell!

Basically, I need help. A certain academic city has been hanging at the back of my head since the middle of the Spring season of 2009, and recently... them plotbunnies have come to maul me in full force.

Spoiler for Exerpt from A Certain Intelligence Report:
...leave out the annoying magical half of things, and focus on all love about a certain supersonic electromagnetic human cannon...

...somebody stop meh.
There is not one Academy City though...

In the meantime...

Spoiler for GDI Dimsight View::

You would not believe that this is inside of a high school...

Watch out.

I am planning for their movement into the Nanoverse :3

*FLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES*

*GETS BURIED UNDER TONS OF SHEET MUSIC*

????: HOW ABOUT ME?

Creator-kun: Yes we are still waiting on your peers...

*hauls 7 suitcases*
Old 2009-10-05, 04:25   Link #16484
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hideki101 View Post
So, I'm trying to get my Negima/Nanoha crossover down in bytes, and I missed the discussion two or so pages ago. Crud. Anyway, the plot synopsis may be as follows:
Spoiler for crossover idea:

I'm not good at prose at all, and I may need some help ironing out the details and twists, but that's the general idea. Meaning, I have the general plot to follow (mostly Negima's plot as told from one of the Ace's views) but I have problems with stuff like how and when do they decide to go there, and what fun things do they do once there.

EDIT:

The way I thought of it, the magic side would be connected to Mahora (think the church Misora works at (yes, I know this doesn't work if you look too closely)) and of the Esper's side, I wound up connecting it to the Heroesverse. That's actually the home verse of the original versions of my three OC characters I posted earlier in the OC thread, the conglomeration of four or so series. kind of messed up, come to think of it.
Personally, I'd say its a bit less plot-devicey to have them investigate earth after Chao did her thing, and they were send to investigate the huge spike of magicaal energy.

Though I think its a good idea not to cross more than one series. Using ellements of another series is fine, but when we start dragging settings and characters of more than two series in a crossover, things usually start to break down in my experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint X View Post
There is not one Academy City though...
Well, we haven't seen earth in the Nanohaverse in over a decade, set the story post-StrikerS and you're set to go.

Also, what's that page from?
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:36   Link #16485
Hekate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Time to play a little game.

This game is called: Cradle Robber.

The objective of the game is to win the scenario through your choice of actions voted upon. You have three lives.

Shal we begin?

Spoiler for START!:

Spoiler for X :

Are you up for the challenge?

Select your fighter, and select your ordinance loadout, and prepare for launch.
Well, why not.

No idea how the RF6 Aces disappeared while the TSAB mooks were able to engage. Possibly something in their path but not in the path the TSAB mooks took?

Normally I would choose the Raptor, but this time it may lack the firepower. Hopefully since there are no reports of enemy fighters the Phoenix will be able to go in unopposed. I choose the Phoenix.

The first loadout doesn't make sense now due to the lack of enemy fighter presence. The second seems fine, although it lacks versatility. The third feels like the best choice, since I have a gut feeling that there are more than just drones >.>, so I would choose Assault Mix II.

Is returning to base for rearming allowed?
Hekate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 07:44   Link #16486
Saint X
VxR Productions
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to Saint X
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Well, we haven't seen earth in the Nanohaverse in over a decade, set the story post-StrikerS and you're set to go.
Even with the rate Earth progresses, i simply can't grasp that Earth will have even the smallest idea of magic usage- well unless you count in the "hidden".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Also, what's that page from?
Twinkle Saber Nova
Old 2009-10-05, 08:02   Link #16487
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Hehe. It's all free game, X. Especially with the dearth of details from Earth. It's workable I think.

As for connecting it to Negima World at the same time... As said before, actually connecting several worlds at once kinda spoils the broths. I can see how it might work, but I can also see how it can be a bad idea. If Negima magical ministorum is willing to go to such extents to destroy a child of the Queen of Calamity, they would nuke the whole of Japan flat just to make sure none of those related to Touma, himself and his growing harem, ever live to procreate... And that's not going to be very nice... And on top of that it completely turns into a Negima Touma crossover with Nanoha World cast thrown in!

This is a perfect time to scream ONOREEE DIKEIDOOO. =P
Old 2009-10-05, 18:37   Link #16488
Tabasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Time to play a little game.

This game is called: Cradle Robber.

The objective of the game is to win the scenario through your choice of actions voted upon. You have three lives.

Shal we begin?

Spoiler for START!:

Spoiler for X :

Are you up for the challenge?

Select your fighter, and select your ordinance loadout, and prepare for launch.
I'll take a stab.

The name of the game here is 'bombs on target, come home alive,' so putzing around dogfighting drones is a non starter.

Phoenix with Anti-capital loadout please.
Tabasco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 19:11   Link #16489
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
A little BtBR short... slightly spoiler-ific for the ending, at least one of three versions that I currently have in mind. @_@ It wasn't supposed to get this complicated...

Spoiler for Saving Strength:

Spoiler for Author's Notes:
Old 2009-10-05, 19:23   Link #16490
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
A little BtBR short... slightly spoiler-ific for the ending, at least one of three versions that I currently have in mind. @_@ It wasn't supposed to get this complicated...

I'm not actually sure that Subaru ever grew out of "ZOMG NANOHA-SAN!" mode...

What I find interesting (and no doubt part of why you're hair-pulling) is that this isn't even spun off the end of the story, just the Nanoha's-Linker-Core-Depletion and the Mystery-What's-Wrong-With-Elise subplots. It doesn't even touch on the main villain, Fiasse, and Tiore's diary! Or on any of the romantic subplots!

Good story, though. I like Tea's wondering if she'd ever be able to sit properly, and Subaru in all her innocence jamming her rollerblade hard into her mouth. This part was the most poignant:

“… You know, you really need to wake up soon.” Nanoha leaned over, gently brushing loose strands of blonde hair back out of the sleeping woman’s face. “You’re getting really pale. I think you lost some weight. Fiasse-chan will scold me for not keeping a better eye on you when she comes to visit, you know?” Her voice wavered, cracked dangerously. “So it would be great if you’d wake up. It’s been four years. You’ve missed a lot.”

That and for some reason, the beeps. The beeps really got to me. Probably because they never stopped, and you ended on one.
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:50   Link #16491
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:

Nice...so sad, but still, not the worse-case-scenario we were talking about! Poor Subaru and her foot-in-mouth...I like the drama that's keep light, so that the underlying powerful emotions come through instead. Great work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
That and for some reason, the beeps. The beeps really got to me. Probably because they never stopped, and you ended on one.
At least it didn't end on the lack of a beep
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 20:51   Link #16492
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathcurse View Post
At least it didn't end on the lack of a beep
Oh? Would that have been worse?
Old 2009-10-05, 21:07   Link #16493
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Oh? Would that have been worse?
If the last scene had been extended enough so that we were going..."Wait, why no beep?"
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:10   Link #16494
deathcurse
Queen of Tragedy

Location: Place of rocks and trees, and trees and rocks...and water.
Quote:
If the last scene had been extended enough so that we were going..."Wait, why no beep?"
NO! Don't give her ideas! *tackle*
deathcurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:12   Link #16495
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
I'm just surprised the beeps were even poignant.

Ideas? What ideas?
Old 2009-10-05, 21:12   Link #16496
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
But it would actually be a long uninterupted beep that we don't want. No beep means power outage...

...which might mean the same thing, just delayed...
Old 2009-10-05, 21:21   Link #16497
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Now now stop giving RB depressing ideas.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 21:28   Link #16498
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
Now now stop giving RB depressing ideas.
Actually, the original ending for that short was supposed to be one long beep, so...
Old 2009-10-05, 21:31   Link #16499
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Actually, the original ending for that short was supposed to be one long beep, so...
...I dislike being right.
Old 2009-10-05, 21:32   Link #16500
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
...I dislike being right.
Yeah, had a change of heart at the last minute. Felt like a cruel thing to do, especially to Nanoha.

Tags
authorshipping, befriending, fanfiction, interactive fanfiction, nanoha