AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-10-10, 05:51   Link #1161
Arturro

@ Zwei - those are good news, I really like Pretty Face. I hope this time Kano Yasuhiro manga won't be cut in the middle of the story.

@ Darknemo2000 - considering that chap. 22 looks like start of a new arc, we could expect next 3-4 chapters with battle like crap. It doesn't look like ending arc. Rumour posted by Zwei "confirms" that Medaka Box will survive for a while longer.

If someone want to read manga, where female protagonist is insanely strong, male protagonist although strong is much weaker, there is both good romance and battle scenes, read Superior.
Spoiler for some spoilers about Superior:

KLGChaos posted already other interesting manga, where female lead is stronger than male, but male is still worth his trousers, like Change 123, Zero In, Kurohime. Rosario to Vampire is another example.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 05:58   Link #1162
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

HSDK also falls into that category but I'm sure everyone is reading that by now.

I guess Zettai Karen Children, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Ga-Rei and Yankee-kun to Megane-chan as well.

Gekkoh and Dance in the vampire bund for mature audience.
Old 2009-10-10, 06:51   Link #1163
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zwei View Post
HSDK also falls into that category but I'm sure everyone is reading that by now.

I guess Zettai Karen Children, Ghost Sweeper Mikami, Ga-Rei and Yankee-kun to Megane-chan as well.

Yup, though I hear Kensuke from Ga-rei pulled a Zenkichi after the amnesia reset kicked in (ie suddenly became really weak and unimportant).

I'm interested in seeing the translation for 22. I want to know what Medaka and the grandpa were talking about. I usually look through the RAWs and then read the written translation, but don't bother with the scanlation.
Old 2009-10-10, 07:26   Link #1164
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
@ Darknemo, according to Bakuman the mangaŽd be ending in the next 5 chapters, the author just puts in random stuff for the time being, trying different genres and themes before his series gets cut
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 08:05   Link #1165
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Gekkoh doesn't have even a decent male hero though. And heroine isn't particularly strong. We witness more how she whores herself out making out with other guys leaving 'hero' behind rather than her strength.

@LeaD36, do you mean Bakuman will get cut, or that it is told in Bakuman that Medaka box will get cut?
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 09:47   Link #1166
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
Gekkoh doesn't have even a decent male hero though. And heroine isn't particularly strong. We witness more how she whores herself out making out with other guys leaving 'hero' behind rather than her strength.

@LeaD36, do you mean Bakuman will get cut, or that it is told in Bakuman that Medaka box will get cut?
the latter obv. Ashirogi just implented the same concept, never said anything about how long the series will continue though
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 11:42   Link #1167
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
?? which girl? the one with steel ball?
btw it's funny to see Meaka box in crazymanga.be didn't have "Read online" option like other newly uploaded manga file in the siteit looks like almost everyone agree that this manga suck to hell
You'll know when it's scanlated.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 12:32   Link #1168
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
I'v seen this comment:

>Kagijin and Akaboshi are cut in issue 47, last chapters
>One Shot "22" by Yabuki Kentaro (Black Cat, To Love)in issue 47
>New series "NEON" by Kano Yasuhiro (Mx0, Pretty Face) in issue 48
>New series "Memory" by Komi Naoshi (Double Arts) in issue 49

hoping it's true, can't miss one by Yabuki Kentaro and Kano Yasuhiro
I hope too for Kano Yasuhiro.
Hum...
Anyone have read Loop from the author of Mx0 ?
Really liked thie oneshot.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 12:53   Link #1169
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I'd personally stay away from Kano Yasuhiro... his(?) track record is BAD (i.e., good story, and ending pretty much just falls off a cliff)

btw, what issue are we on right now? I'm looking forward to some of those releases though... and I hope this means Yabuki has managed to sort things out in RL

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 12:57   Link #1170
ShiroiRyu

The issue is not the number of the week ?
So we are like issue 43 or 44 ?
Kano Yasuhiro have no choice for Mx0... :/
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 15:19   Link #1171
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
I'd personally stay away from Kano Yasuhiro... his(?) track record is BAD (i.e., good story, and ending pretty much just falls off a cliff)
So far, he only has two long run series. Pretty face (which is okay) and Mx0 (which was axed). So judging his capability to write an ending just base on this two work may not be so accurate. At the least he should be no bad than Takahashi Rumiko

Quote:
>One Shot "22" by Yabuki Kentaro (Black Cat, To Love)in issue 47
Will he do the illustration only, or the story as well?

Quote:
Superior is awesome. HSDK, Zettai children, GS mikami has its echiness and really, really good rumor to triumph. Ga-Rei, the male ones are not as pathetic as Medaka Box, but Ga-Rei has always been a mediocre manga anyway.

Yankee-kun to Megane-chan. It's a pure school-life, not action manga. So Adachi being super strong does not really affect anything (not to mention it compensates for her stupidity). Also, it has good rumor and really, really good characters that make readers really attached to it. I would be all if anyone say he or she is attached to Medaka or, say, Akune.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 16:08   Link #1172
AnymX

Spoiler for Ch 22...:

Last edited by AnymX; 2009-10-10 at 16:19.
AnymX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 19:21   Link #1173
Arturro

I've just read translation for last chapter. Good news - there is a plot. Bad news - Medaka Box without a plot was better...
I'm dropping this manga, it's too painful to read how such potentialy splendid manga (I'm talking about oneshot) turns into a crap. I'll lurk in this thread, mostly because of my (most probably already lost) bet with Jourdal. It's not impossible that I'll read this manga again - if it turns better. But i don't have high hopes for it. Good news for Medaka Box fans - cause I won't read it, I'll not complain anymore .

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 19:39   Link #1174
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post

btw, what issue are we on right now? I'm looking forward to some of those releases though... and I hope this means Yabuki has managed to sort things out in RL
There's a reason for that though, the manga was unpopular for some reason and he was forced to write an ending out of the blue.

I don't get it though, I loved both Pretty Face and Mx0, read them more than twice. It didn't work with Japanese fans I guess...
Old 2009-10-10, 20:25   Link #1175
Cinocard

Quote:
Good news - there is a plot. Bad news - Medaka Box without a plot was better...
For real? How come? What is the plot? It cannot be worse than the recent 10 chapters, can it?
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 20:25   Link #1176
Jourdal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
I've just read translation for last chapter. Good news - there is a plot. Bad news - Medaka Box without a plot was better...
I'm dropping this manga, it's too painful to read how such potentialy splendid manga (I'm talking about oneshot) turns into a crap. I'll lurk in this thread, mostly because of my (most probably already lost) bet with Jourdal. It's not impossible that I'll read this manga again - if it turns better. But i don't have high hopes for it. Good news for Medaka Box fans - cause I won't read it, I'll not complain anymore .
Screw the bet man...none of us foresaw this..
Jourdal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-10, 20:27   Link #1177
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
With the way the plot is going, it could be interesting, though the dialogue that's written is a bit... off. Like I guessed, the Chairman is driving home the point that Medaka is abnormal, though she reuses to accept that she's superhuman and says everything she does is from 'trying hard' which obviously isn't true. She's definitely in denial. At least the manga is acknowledging that these people aren't normal in any sense or form-- physically, personality wise, or otherwise. I like the dice test. Something tells me thy have the power to bend fate or something.

I still feel ZAK (aka Zen, Akune and Kikaijima) have no place in the manga anymore. The mangaka will probably just keep them there for a page every chapter to remind us of what the manga once was, but other than that, they'll just be in the way. They just don't belong anymore. Funny, I remember when I hated Akune. Now, I pity him.
Old 2009-10-11, 00:55   Link #1178
Wrath88
Kissing...

So does that mean that most of us here would think having more chapters that feature ZAK doing work on Box requests would be better?
Old 2009-10-11, 01:03   Link #1179
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
No fucking kidding, the lastest chapter I wished she would just get raped already. She just had to wear a miniskirt, didn't she?

Quote:
So does that mean that most of us here would think having more chapters that feature ZAK doing work on Box requests would be better?
I think it's too late to do anything to save Medaka Box, it already earned it's reputation. I do think it's better than Maken-Ki though, god that is one awful manga.
Old 2009-10-11, 01:29   Link #1180
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
No fucking kidding, the lastest chapter I wished she would just get raped already. She just had to wear a miniskirt, didn't she?
Well she IS a whore after all. Its interesting to read manga where the heroine is the slut outside the hentai manga (tough it is as good as a hentai with all naked body we see). The only thing I cannot understand is when people start blabbering how strong she is while we see her using french-kisses and her boobs much more often than her sword.

In this case even Medaka is better than her. Well anyway we should stop talking about that one and just talk about Medaka.

Though I guess I don't have much to say as I still haven't read the raws (and do not really intend to). Just that from the rumors it may be two cuts this time which could mean that Medaka box survives again.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council