dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well
Spoiler for ending:
dreamless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 23:49   Link #403
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Remember that about three months ago, GONZO announced that an OVA episode will be released long after the end of the TV series.

Most likely this OVA will explain some, if not all, issues that were left unresolved during the ending plus further exploring Bakuretsu Megs' misadventures.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 00:06   Link #404
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Well and fine, but will there be anyone there to save Meg's rear again for the OVA? Requiring rescue at least once per episode is a terrible failure of the law of averages.
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 01:19   Link #405
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

In the end this anime was painfully mediocre in my eyes. The ED was great however. If the storyline didn't always revolve around Meg being the helpless damsel in distress things might have been different.

I'm disappointed that Kyouhei was never really used in this anime.
Old 2004-10-08, 01:28   Link #406
dreamless

well, I guess since there's the OVA, there's still some hope left for our male lead Kyouhei
Old 2004-10-08, 02:06   Link #407
hunterx
ore wa kanpeki da

I'm a little disappointed with the everyone dies type of ending but bakuten was still a good show. Not a lot of plot, T&A etc but there's something about watching it that I can't put my finger on. Some have said that meg was helpless but remember that before she met joe she was perfectly capable of taking care of a small group of friends so she's not that helpless
hunterx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 02:13   Link #408
dreamless

yup, not to mention she can jump down a building to save another girl while hanging at the edge with one hand... and she has the potential to transform into the One/winged tiger to beat the crap out of everyone
Old 2004-10-08, 03:09   Link #409
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yup, not to mention she can jump down a building to save another girl while hanging at the edge with one hand... and she has the potential to transform into the One/winged tiger to beat the crap out of everyone
The thing is, that is exactly what my problem is with the show. Meg switches between mega competent to completely useless in a blink. She was the first of the girls to actually kill something [wire decapitation death ], and yet on the same coin becomes a bondage toy for every pervert and monster on planet Earth. I have a theory that Jo is actually Kryptonite and Supergirl here just wimps out every time she's near >_<

In fact, I would have liked the show better if they just started with her being bad@$$ like in ep9

She's still the best designed Gonzo girl appearing for 2004 IMO though Kirara and the chick in Sunabozu looks to be a close contender
Old 2004-10-08, 11:38   Link #410
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime
The thing is, that is exactly what my problem is with the show. Meg switches between mega competent to completely useless in a blink. She was the first of the girls to actually kill something [wire decapitation death ], and yet on the same coin becomes a bondage toy for every pervert and monster on planet Earth. I have a theory that Jo is actually Kryptonite and Supergirl here just wimps out every time she's near >_<

In fact, I would have liked the show better if they just started with her being bad@$$ like in ep9

She's still the best designed Gonzo girl appearing for 2004 IMO though Kirara and the chick in Sunabozu looks to be a close contender
So is the OVA a 2 or 3 episode dealie? That would kinda make up for the series being 24 eps instead of 26.

Spoiler:
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 11:50   Link #411
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
So is the OVA a 2 or 3 episode dealie? That would kinda make up for the series being 24 eps instead of 26.

Spoiler:
don't forget about Kyouhei... make a big mecha for Kyouhei and equip it with a big frying pan... he'll OWN ZERO
Old 2004-10-08, 13:42   Link #412
Marvel
Demon-Fox Inside©

This was one of the better series, and I always wondered why we didn't see Meg in some action, but she was real hot

And i hope there comes an second series because everything BT was cool, the only thing I didn't liked where the awfull fillers
But a Second season would be great :P Bakurestu Megumi :P
Marvel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 14:27   Link #413
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

I wouldn't mind a second season for this show. GDH's track record for sequel quality is actually much better than most studios can push out. But the first thing they should do is shoot the damned director. Meg bondage and the obvious references to cheap slasher movies was a major turn off personally. This is not the sort of pedigree that is easily associated with girls, guns and mecha. Of the hype they put out it didn't seem to have much of this as well

Half the time I didn't even know where this show was taking me, is it to be major firearms actions, a mecha romp, a detective show or will it fall back to save my @$$ again for the girls when they run out of ideas? I really wanted to like this show, but all the cheese eventually blew a fuse in my head. Especially after all the girls received sudden b00b implants

And no, I always set my expectations extra low for a GDH production. They always work their way up when starting to service the common watching denominator. Personally, I would like for them to make sense at the end- but some of the characters are so unnessesary and wasted [Kyohei- Loser male] that I really wonder if they are burning money instead.
Old 2004-10-08, 18:03   Link #414
dumbo63

Was there a manga for Baku Ten?
dumbo63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 21:59   Link #415
knightsabers

Is there a release date for the OVA?
knightsabers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:17   Link #416
DrewGSR

Just finished up watching the last few episodes to finish up the series. At first when i first saw bakuten i was like ok this looks pretty cool and i kept watching then through the middle parts of the series i was like WTF and like damn Meg always getting caught and having to be saved by Jo. But I have to say the last 3-4 episodes of the series made it worth for me, they were really good and prolly my fave episodes. I'm happy that i stuck through the series and finished it. Hope the OVAs will be good and fill in the gaps with from the ending.
DrewGSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 04:22   Link #417
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbo63
Was there a manga for Baku Ten?
I believe there is.
Old 2004-10-09, 06:18   Link #418
7thMethuselah

another great series ended

The ending kinda sucked in my opinion, episode 22-23 were elite but 24 just plain sucked (apart from Jo fighting nekkid that is )
Ah well, it's still a great show, hope the DVD's are coming soon ....
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 03:33   Link #419
OshadowO

Wow did that ending blow monkey balls or what?
Spoiler:

Yebyosh I know what you mean about daphne and baku ten exceeding expectations. I left Baku Ten sitting on my HDD till a week ago when I finally started watching it. Sadly Daphne got licensed so till someone released a DVD in USA I won't know what happens there after ep 8
OshadowO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 05:30   Link #420
BasTos

Send a message via MSN to BasTos
To bad Baku Ten has ended, but in the last episode everything went so damn fast.

Some things that are bothering me bigtime :
Spoiler:

Seems to me the OVA has to be very good and answer a lot of questions.
BasTos is offline   Reply With Quote