AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-04-29, 10:13   Link #6381
Mars Mode

Then how is he going to fight the Goddess?
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:18   Link #6382
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mars Mode View Post
Then how is he going to fight the Goddess?
He is getting himself owned by his own powers. He is overwhelmed by them, also this is kind of a preview of how powerful Godou could be if he is able to remove all restrictions to his powers, (of course not the sword and youth, you bunch of perverts).
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:21   Link #6383
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trung-t-rung View Post
Anyone know who is the goddess in the end of vol 10 is ? I think it's Athena but some of my friends say that is Lancelot or a god combined of both Lancelot and Athena.
Your friends must be confused.

The grail is what held Athena's stolen essence and transformed into the new goddess.

The medallion is what holds the stolen steel authorities of Lancelot, Sun Wukong and Perseus.

Two separate artifacts.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 10:24   Link #6384
Ultragunner

I've been wanting to say this, "THIS GODDESS IS A YANDERE, and a STALKER to BOOST!!!"
hahaha...haha....
Old 2013-04-29, 10:53   Link #6385
Mars Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
He is getting himself owned by his own powers. He is overwhelmed by them, also this is kind of a preview of how powerful Godou could be if he is able to remove all restrictions to his powers, (of course not the sword and youth, you bunch of perverts).
Now that you mention it is true, would it be alright if we treated this as a foreshadow for Godou to start lifting his restrictions in his powers. (And of course we wouldnt want that to happen so early in the game now would we )
Mars Mode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 11:04   Link #6386
golem517

so this is the arrowhead of the king of the end. (ability to steal authority)
is the ability of the "king if the end" is temporary revived o copy the beaten god by campione?
i came to this conclusion because of what verhagna said "Thou art the first person to usurp mine -- the authority of the god of victory! Becomest stronger than anyone else! Until the day I shall fight thee again, possessest my undefeatable body!")
anyway this is just a guess
golem517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 11:18   Link #6387
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It really is kind of ironic that Circe is better at using his powers than he is. She can freely use any incarnation and even reuse them in the same day.

Come to think of it, JPS has conditions on his authorities, but he can reuse them even after switching to a different one, yet Godou can't. I wonder if this is part of his issues with acceptong himself.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 12:11   Link #6388
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
It really is kind of ironic that Circe is better at using his powers than he is. She can freely use any incarnation and even reuse them in the same day.

Come to think of it, JPS has conditions on his authorities, but he can reuse them even after switching to a different one, yet Godou can't. I wonder if this is part of his issues with acceptong himself.
Pandora also commented on Godou's authorities
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vol.11
"Godoh's heart is only roused when threatened by true battle. This is probably what limits you from using your authority. Ultimately, a rampaging soul is necessary to hone a god-slayer's power."
If he does accept and embrace his warrior mentality, would the restrictions on his authorities be lifted?
Any reason why Pandora pronounces his name Godoh? Is it some pet name for her new stepchild?
Old 2013-04-29, 14:24   Link #6389
Chris38

Personally, I'm glad that Godou has such a limited access to the authorities that he obtained from Verethragna, since having an unlimited access to them, would make him a little too powerful (think, what would happen, if he could cast the White stallion + the Boar + the Sword, at the same time - I think only a few gods could survive a combo like that. )

After all, Godou has obtained all the forms that Verethragna had - which, makes him pretty unique among the Campione that we have been introduced to so far.

In other words, while I think the restrictions on Godou's authorities are going to be lessened, once he gets more used to the mentality of a warrior - personally, I doubt they will be fully gone, since that would make Godou a little too powerful - and there would be no point, for the girls to stick around him - or at the very least, we wouldn't see him ... having lip to lip contact with them, since if Godou had an unlimited access to his authorities - he wouldn't need the sword, for each (or most of them) of his fights against a God.
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 15:14   Link #6390
Nihgthawk

A few things you need to remember. First Verethragna was a god who transformed into 10 different forms to obtain victory, even he did not try to wield two powers at once. The most he ever did was use duel-wield the sword and even that was very draining but was still the same form. Using two forms at once is a taboo move because of the major backlash, pain and great strain on the mind and body. Think of trying to shape-shift into a bull and a bird of pray (raptor) at the same time in the end you get a form that is neither and most likely not able to even move let alone fight. Godou used the white stailion and warrior at the same time but the end result was that he could not even move while the two forms where active, not to mention that he was just barely able to withstand the mental and physical pain thanks to Yuri's help.

Also on the restriction of using the forms only once a day, I do believe that can be lowered and even removed with time as long as Godou can gain mastery of the authority. If this does happen it would happen gradually and would go from once a day to two times a day as long as the form still has power. An example would be he could call the boar and it gets beaten to hell. Later on he calls the boar again but the boar is still injured from his previous summon and has not healed. (Think DxD's balance breaker time limit, you can call it out as much as you want but the over all time you can use it is still set.) What I do not believe however is that the conditions on using the powers will ever be removed. John Pluto Smith can take anyone of his transformations at any time but each time the price must be made to activate the transformation. In this way even if Godou was able to reuse the ten forms in a day he would still need to meet the necessary conditions to use them.

Now in regards to the fight so far in chapter 5 lets review what could still happen.
Wind - Currently active - use Ama no Murakumo no Tsurugi to dispell and absorb the wind
Bull - defeated
White Stallion - defeated
Boar - active - heh heh pray she cannot use it I cannot think of how to deal with this one
Raptor - active - beat it to a pulp when it tries to attack Godou (camel or the girls intercept it)
Ram - active - ...i have no idea what this form could do other than reviving one of the defeated forms
Goat - active thou depleted in power - should no longer be a threat atm

Cannot wait for the fight to continue. ty again zzhk.

Last edited by Nihgthawk; 2013-04-29 at 15:32.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 16:59   Link #6391
Yami no Ou
まおう

personally I think its fine for Godou to have restrictions on his authorities because if he didn't have it I think he will be a little OP,come to think of it if he can freely use his authorities then he will be unbeatable like Verethragna
Old 2013-04-29, 17:16   Link #6392
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

You know I just notice that the illustrator made a mistake on the illustrations on volume 13.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 19:29   Link #6393
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Pandora also commented on Godou's authorities

If he does accept and embrace his warrior mentality, would the restrictions on his authorities be lifted?
Any reason why Pandora pronounces his name Godoh? Is it some pet name for her new stepchild?
When Godou is under Lancelot's curse and fully throw away his 'common sense' his usage of authority still doesn't change from usual, so maybe his restriction will never disappear. It will be badass though if he can use his restriction like how the goddess use it, using wind as tornado and horse for combined physical and fire damage. And Pandora calling Godou Godoh, even Sakura also calling Godou like that, don't know why.

And what mistake in illustration Reaper?
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-29, 22:20   Link #6394
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakapervert View Post
When Godou is under Lancelot's curse and fully throw away his 'common sense' his usage of authority still doesn't change from usual, so maybe his restriction will never disappear. It will be badass though if he can use his restriction like how the goddess use it, using wind as tornado and horse for combined physical and fire damage. And Pandora calling Godou Godoh, even Sakura also calling Godou like that, don't know why.
I don't know Lancelot's curse did show that Godou probably will be able to get rid of the most stifling restriction on Verethragna's powers the once a day usage restriction. As for using more then 1 power at a time he hasn't even been Campione for a year and he can already to do that even if it is a very taxing process that's a very promising sign. And Godou will still be in his prime a couple centuries now so who knows how far that he could come with it.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 00:28   Link #6395
Chris38

Thinking about it, the reason why Godou and the rest of the Campione have some restrictions put on the powers that they obtain from the god ('s) they killed, might be caused by the fact that they have been originally human.

In other words, killing a god, lessens (blur's) the differences between a god and a human, but it probably, can't completely fill up the gap, that exist between a human and a god.

Basically, what I want to say, is that there exists a limit, of how much "essence" of the slain god, a humans body - which, probably depends on the compatibility between the defeated god and the human who has "killed" him - since, if that hasn't been the case, there would be pretty much, no difference between a godslayer and an actual god.

Now, the differences, are going to lessen, once the human body, gets a little more used to the "essence" of the god, that is contained in it - which, most likely requires a few years of being a godslayer, but they won't be fully gone, since ... there is pretty much nothing indicating that humans can actually become "gods", in this novel. ( I know, that there exist something like a Divine Ancestor in this series, but I think that it's not the same as being a god.)
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 05:40   Link #6396
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Either if he becomes god or not, he'll still be not-human with a long life... it just saddens me that his harem are going to die first before him if he manages to live that long That last illustration where Godou and his harem are walking together feels saddening too when I realized that fact

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 06:50   Link #6397
bakapervert
A pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamFan View Post
I don't know Lancelot's curse did show that Godou probably will be able to get rid of the most stifling restriction on Verethragna's powers the once a day usage restriction. As for using more then 1 power at a time he hasn't even been Campione for a year and he can already to do that even if it is a very taxing process that's a very promising sign. And Godou will still be in his prime a couple centuries now so who knows how far that he could come with it.
That time Godou manage to get rid of once per day restriction was because of Lancelot's power, not because of Godou himself. So maybe Godou will get authority with that effect in the future maybe, or from some other goddess he manage to seduce and bestow to him some ability like Athena and Circe.

As for if Godou's harem die while he himself is still alive, maybe Godou will kill some death god so he can got authority to ressurect the dead or maybe he will even invade the realm of the death himself. Thats going to be awesome.
bakapervert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 07:43   Link #6398
belatkuro
Kuro-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Either if he becomes god or not, he'll still be not-human with a long life... it just saddens me that his harem are going to die first before him if he manages to live that long That last illustration where Godou and his harem are walking together feels saddening too when I realized that fact
It hasn't even been a year in the story. Don't think that far ahead. At least have them move up to second year high school first
belatkuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 08:36   Link #6399
XFire
150% done

I can't seem to link it, but you guys should take a look at the cover for "True Lord Erlang, part four". Damn, Godou is a player.
Old 2013-04-30, 09:56   Link #6400
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Don't worry about it, mages that reach the pinnacle of their skill can achieve a rejuvenation effect. Look at Salvatore's master, Saint Raffaello. She's old enough to have seen Aisha, and she's still kicking. Godou and his girls will be together for a long time.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, campione, ecchi, godslayer, harem, light novel, myth, romance, sd bunko, shounen, supernatural, time travel, true harem