Old 2015-10-13, 20:11   Link #6921
Dual Blades
Moonlight Editor

Location: In the North where people ride polar bears and live in Igloos
Quote:
Originally Posted by staplesdex2 View Post
In the mean time, RL and college?

...I could dig that.
Reading Week atm, got thanksgiving (Cdn), baby shower, Blue Jays ALDS game 5.....
Old 2015-10-13, 23:15   Link #6922
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
so you're saying the only way she can become plot relevant is to become possessed? sounds about right
Yeah, Tir Na Fa mentioned that she can reveal her true form so i can expect if Titta is willing to be used as awakening vessel for Tir Na Fal..

Even Tigre hates Tir Na Fal he can't deny it that the Black Bow is originally from Tir Na Fal.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 09:18   Link #6923
Newhope

Tigre has shown no hate towards Tir Na Fal yet, he's wary of her and her intentions but hate no.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 09:50   Link #6924
glazer69
Banned

Im still wondering why girls fall for tigre for no apparent reason..yeah he is good using bow but that's it. He don't even chase girls. Lol..
glazer69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 11:01   Link #6925
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazer69 View Post
Im still wondering why girls fall for tigre for no apparent reason..yeah he is good using bow but that's it. He don't even chase girls. Lol..
um... uwotm8
KnightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 12:58   Link #6926
Ramero

Quote:
Have you read Tigre's personality? Elen go attracted because of it and so are other Vanadis.

Elen, propose Tigre to be his wife please before Olga really preparing wedding for Tigre since Olga is a first Vanadis to admit Tigre as her king instead of Viktor.
Old 2015-10-14, 17:13   Link #6927
saw2097

Quote:
Because he is heroic, brave, honorable, self sacrificing, righteous, and pretty much all around good person.

He is basically a fairy tail hero and he has saved several of the girls lives multiple times.

Women like that sort of thing.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-14, 23:42   Link #6928
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Quote:
Originally Posted by saw2097 View Post
Because he is heroic, brave, honorable, self sacrificing, righteous, and pretty much all around good person.

He is basically a fairy tail hero and he has saved several of the girls lives multiple times.

Women like that sort of thing.
I'm not sure what women generally like, myself, but other than that, I have to agree with you. Ellen and the other Vanadis like him because of his personality. There's probably some admiration for his archery skills, too, but it's not just because of that that the girls have fallen for him (it's not just the Vanadis, either; Regin and Lim love him, too -- but I'm not sure about how Valentina and Fine feel about him).

@Ramero: Tigre has also found out in a latter part of the novel that the black bow has a connection to Zchted, too, no? I haven't really gotten to that part yet, but I read on the Wikia, I think, about a meeting Tigre has with with the Vanadis, barring Valentina and maybe Fine, in which he tells them that the black bow has a connection to the gods and also to Zchted. Then he later says in the meeting that he'll do an investigation on his mother. So I'm thinking there might be something important concerning his mother related to Zhted and/or the black bow, too, and that the black bow does have some sort of connection to Zchted.

And as for Ellen proposing to Tigre, that probably can't happen due to circumstances, but Tigre might eventually marry all seven Vanadis anyway.
Old 2015-10-15, 01:08   Link #6929
OmegaWeaponZ

Haven't got far into the story, but wouldn't it make more sense that his father would be related to Zchted , since the black bow has is a family heirloom of the Alsace ruling duke(?), and last time I checked, Brune wasn't all that for a female leader... Instead, I think that, if his mother has ties with Zchted, maybe it would be related to the Vanadis themselves(perhaps even possibly the previous wind one?)
OmegaWeaponZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-15, 01:13   Link #6930
sasoras

The history of the black bow is older than the history of the Vanadis, i wouldn't be surprised if the Zchted myth was bastardized from a much more older and relevant story connecting to Tigre.
Old 2015-10-15, 09:36   Link #6931
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasoras View Post
The history of the black bow is older than the history of the Vanadis, i wouldn't be surprised if the Zchted myth was bastardized from a much more older and relevant story connecting to Tigre.
Yes but they are appeared in a very close time as i expected. Even the timeline of Black Bow myth to Vanadis lore are untold yet, could it be appears along with incarnation of black knight during the war of the tribes before zhcted was founded.
Old 2015-10-15, 13:22   Link #6932
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I have a theory that the Black Dragon King may have been the original wielder of the Black Bow, although I could turn out to be wrong. I'll see once I get farther into the story.

Ludmira said that because of the similarities that the Black Bow has to the Vanadis' Viralt, Tigre can currently be thought of as the eighth Vanadis, and whichever Vanadis has him on her side at any time during a war or conflict would be on the winning side. And because of that, I think it's possible that the Black Bow is the big boss of the Viralt, making its wielder the leader and true King of the Vanadis. There's also the fact that whenever Tigre uses its power, ever since the time he first used it without help after Batran's death, its aura takes the shape of a dragon and the color of the aura itself is exclusively black by itself.

And yeah, as for the Black Bow being the Vorn family heirloom, I guess it'd make more sense for it being that Tigre's father is related to the Black Dragon King. But Faron declared Regin, his daughter, as the ruler of Brune even though Brune itself doesn't consider women's rights and power to be that big or right, so there's also that. But Zchted is the opposite and even accepts female knights more readily (Brune only accepts them if they are from wealthy noble families, but Zchted doesn't have that restriction), right? And the Black Bow and the Black Dragon King are connected to Zchted, not to Brune. It's possible that even though Brune wouldn't value Tigre if his mother was connected to royalty, it may be different for Zchted.

But it's possible that Tigre's father, Urz, was the one related to the Black Dragon King, and in that case, it could that the Vorn family had circumstances for which they had to leave Zchted and come to Brune. If it's like that, it might be interesting to find out what those circumstances were. Tigre does still want to investigate his mother, though, so maybe there's something there that's related to Zchted and/or the Black Bow that somehow has to do with his mother. This is kind of confusing to me right now.

Edit: In the Prologue of Volume 8, I came across this line from who I assume to be Tir na Fa:
Quote:
『I said it before, right? 〃Deep in the darkness of night atop a mountain of corpses〃. Since the conditions were met, I just lent you a little hand. ––That dormant child probably did not notice.』
I want to ask: What exactly does she mean by "that dormant child"? Who is she referring to, exactly? Also, considering the fact that she lent him a little hand because the conditions were met, does it mean that she'll never help him again no matter what? I really hope not.

Last edited by DragonOsman; 2015-10-15 at 20:39.
DragonOsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 21:47   Link #6933
saw2097

All this talk of Tigre and him being a fairy tale hero and possibly descended from an ancient King really makes an interesting ironic twist considering that in the first novel Ellen says that he isn't a immortal hero when he tries to leave.

He may not be immortal but he comes pretty close with his tendency to survive impossible situations and is on his way to being a legendary hero. Wonder if she will note the irony in the end.
saw2097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-16, 23:14   Link #6934
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Could someone please answer my question concerning Tir an Fa's line?

By the way, I finally got to the point in the novel series, in Volume 8, where Sasha has already died and Tigre has been found and taken in by Elizavetta. So I want to ask: How did he lose his memory, exactly? It seems like it happened when he hit his head while coming up to the shore at that village near Lippner, but as the translation didn't seem to be clear as to whether that was really the case or not, I just wanted to confirm.

And since the village girl who'd found him after he'd gotten washed up onto the shore got intimidated by the Black Bow and threw it into the sea, I think that Tigre was a bit unlucky here because there's a chance that if he'd still had that bow in his hand when he regained consciousness in that village, his memories would've started coming back from then on, already. When I'd read ahead a bit earlier, I'd noticed that at some point during the time when he was amnesiac while living in Lebus, the Black Bow comes back to him and he starts to remember things from his until then lost memories as soon as he gets his hand on the bow.

Edit: And yeah, before I forget, Saw, I also think Ellen should notice that irony eventually. I don't think it matters that much whether she does or doesn't notice it, though.
Old 2015-10-21, 22:30   Link #6935
GrrDraxin

Send a message via Yahoo to GrrDraxin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Could someone please answer my question concerning Tir an Fa's line?
Likely meaning she gave tigre a little bit of her power to use the bow then so that he wouldn't die from the energy use, without awakening the true power of the bow, which could refer to the "black dragon". But that last part is speculation.

Quote:
By the way, I finally got to the point in the novel series, in Volume 8, where Sasha has already died and Tigre has been found and taken in by Elizavetta. So I want to ask: How did he lose his memory, exactly? It seems like it happened when he hit his head while coming up to the shore at that village near Lippner, but as the translation didn't seem to be clear as to whether that was really the case or not, I just wanted to confirm.
It was probably because Tigre was transported from many miles/kilometers out in the ocean to land in the place he selected, that being Zhect. And as a price, his mind had to take the strain in the form of his memories, instead of his lifeforce.

Quote:
And since the village girl who'd found him after he'd gotten washed up onto the shore got intimidated by the Black Bow and threw it into the sea, I think that Tigre was a bit unlucky here because there's a chance that if he'd still had that bow in his hand when he regained consciousness in that village, his memories would've started coming back from then on, already. When I'd read ahead a bit earlier, I'd noticed that at some point during the time when he was amnesiac while living in Lebus, the Black Bow comes back to him and he starts to remember things from his until then lost memories as soon as he gets his hand on the bow.
You may be right, but it wouldn't have made for an interesting story. It did however make a good setting for Tigre to put his kindness and ingenuity on display to impress Elizavetta and make her fall for him. So that just showed her that his personality and intentions were genuine, completely free of ulterior motives of any kind.
Old 2015-10-21, 23:03   Link #6936
Pierre

I thought the demons all but confirmed the Bow is basically the leader, they placed special importance on it, and viewed all the other vandis and their weapons as expendable.
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-23, 22:15   Link #6937
dragon213

man I can't wait to see the illustrations for volume 13, I have been wondering what would happen after I heard that Ellen and Tigre disappeared.
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 12:24   Link #6938
DragonOsman
Dragon King

^Is that a spoiler? I'm still on Volume 12 and have just gotten done reading Chapter 1. If you're talking about Baba Yaga's gigantic snake made of miasma, Tigre destroyed that snake with the power of the bow and got his memory back along with that.

Has Volume 13 already been released? Setsuna86 blog only has it up to Volume 12.

@Pierre: According to the legend of the King of the Magic Bullet that Sophie read in her private library inside her Imperial Palace, the wielder of that black bow can go one of two ways: either he will become a Demon King, or he'll become a benevolent King that would destroy Demons and other evil things and whatnot. Those Demons want him to become the Demon King and they don't want the Vanadis to get in the way and hence they try to kill them. And Sophie doesn't seem to have noticed the connection between Tigre and the House Vorn's heirloom black bow and the legend of the King of the Magic Bullet, but she should hurry up and notice because it's without a doubt the same bow. The legend says that an arrow fired from that bow can hits its target with a 100% guarantee, no matter how far it is, and can pierce and bring it down no matter how hard it would be to do so with a normal bow.

I'm convinced that Tigre is the King of the Magic Bullet that the legend speaks of and that he's not only meant to be the true leader of the Vanadis, but that he is also supposed to be true King as a direct descendant of Zchted's founder King. Tigre said the House Vorn started as a family of hunters, and it seems like the King of the Magic Bullet is also from a family of hunters. The Vorn family must be that same family, with their origins actually being in Zchted from the time of the warring tribes. They must have had to migrate to Brune for some reason. And because of just about convinced of that being the case, I'm also frustrated about Sophie, Tigre and the others still not having noticed it. They're thinking that the reason Tir na Fa helps Tigre through the black bow must because his mother might be from a family of priests and priestesses, but that's wrong and I hope that Tigre will also notice soon that he has to investigate the routes and origins of his father's side of the family, all the way back to time of the warring tribes from before the founding of the Zchted Kingdom, to be able to understand the black bow and what it actually is, as well as it means for him to be its wielder.

In the Wikia, Melisande's status is marked as "deceased," and there are also some others there that make it seem like the Wikia guys have read ahead in the series. I also read on there that in a later part of the series, when Tigre is finding Demons, they mock his parents for some reason. I'm thinking Tigre might get some clue about the black bow and why the Demons are after him something the Demons will say to him in of his encounters with them.

Anyway, I'll copy-paste some of the things I said in Setsuna86's blog here now:

How will Figneria find out about the Dragonic Skills she can use with Bargren? She doesn’t seem to have to have learned them yet, after all. And we also don’t know how exactly Elen and the other Vanadis came to learn theirs. We don’t even know how Sasha, the previous master of Bargren, did it.

I’m glad that Tigre at least isn’t being doubted by most of the people in the Capital due to the rumors that Tigre is a tool of Zchted, including Badouin and Regin (as in, Badouin and Regin don't believe in the rumors, as well as most other people), although there do seem to be quite a lot of people who don’t like Tigre and who readily accepted the rumors. I’m still worried that Regin might still be holding a grudge against Elen for having made Tigre go to Asvarre. I hope she’ll understand that Elen had no choice since it was a request from the King of Zchted and that, as such, it couldn’t be ignored. There’s also the fact that Elen tried to look for excuses to deny the order but couldn’t find even such excuse that would be acceptable, and I hope that Regin will understand that, too.

I’m also a bit worried about Figneria’s attitude as a Vanadis, but there’s at least the fact that she does want to try governing a dukedom. I just hope she’ll be a good governor for Legnica who will be able to trust her retainers and servants well enough and that she’ll be able to get along with Sophy and Elen to some extent.

I also hope she can get along well with Tigre. Speaking of Tigre, however, there’s also the concern about him seeing her bathing or otherwise naked in some situation and make her wary/mad at him. If she can understand that it was an accident and that he didn’t really mean it, then it’s fine, but she might also hold animosity towards him for a while like Mila did before she comes to know of his true nature (and I also hope she falls in love with him eventually, even though it would create a love rivalry between her and the other Vanadis who love him (and Regin, as she loves him, too)).
Old 2015-10-24, 17:24   Link #6939
dragon213

Quote:
^Is that a spoiler? I'm still on Volume 12 and have just gotten done reading Chapter 1. If you're talking about Baba Yaga's gigantic snake made of miasma, Tigre destroyed that snake with the power of the bow and got his memory back along with that.

Has Volume 13 already been released? Setsuna86 blog only has it up to Volume 12.

@Pierre: According to the legend of the King of the Magic Bullet that Sophie read in her private library inside her Imperial Palace, the wielder of that black bow can go one of two ways: either he will become a Demon King, or he'll become a benevolent King that would destroy Demons and other evil things and whatnot. Those Demons want him to become the Demon King and they don't want the Vanadis to get in the way and hence they try to kill them. And Sophie doesn't seem to have noticed the connection between Tigre and the House Vorn's heirloom black bow and the legend of the King of the Magic Bullet, but she should hurry up and notice because it's without a doubt the same bow. The legend says that an arrow fired from that bow can hits its target with a 100% guarantee, no matter how far it is, and can pierce and bring it down no matter how hard it would be to do so with a normal bow.

I'm convinced that Tigre is the King of the Magic Bullet that the legend speaks of and that he's not only meant to be the true leader of the Vanadis, but that he is also supposed to be true King as a direct descendant of Zchted's founder King. Tigre said the House Vorn started as a family of hunters, and it seems like the King of the Magic Bullet is also from a family of hunters. The Vorn family must be that same family, with their origins actually being in Zchted from the time of the warring tribes. They must have had to migrate to Brune for some reason. And because of just about convinced of that being the case, I'm also frustrated about Sophie, Tigre and the others still not having noticed it. They're thinking that the reason Tir na Fa helps Tigre through the black bow must because his mother might be from a family of priests and priestesses, but that's wrong and I hope that Tigre will also notice soon that he has to investigate the routes and origins of his father's side of the family, all the way back to time of the warring tribes from before the founding of the Zchted Kingdom, to be able to understand the black bow and what it actually is, as well as it means for him to be its wielder.

In the Wikia, Melisande's status is marked as "deceased," and there are also some others there that make it seem like the Wikia guys have read ahead in the series. I also read on there that in a later part of the series, when Tigre is finding Demons, they mock his parents for some reason. I'm thinking Tigre might get some clue about the black bow and why the Demons are after him something the Demons will say to him in of his encounters with them.

Anyway, I'll copy-paste some of the things I said in Setsuna86's blog here now:

How will Figneria find out about the Dragonic Skills she can use with Bargren? She doesn’t seem to have to have learned them yet, after all. And we also don’t know how exactly Elen and the other Vanadis came to learn theirs. We don’t even know how Sasha, the previous master of Bargren, did it.

I’m glad that Tigre at least isn’t being doubted by most of the people in the Capital due to the rumors that Tigre is a tool of Zchted, including Badouin and Regin (as in, Badouin and Regin don't believe in the rumors, as well as most other people), although there do seem to be quite a lot of people who don’t like Tigre and who readily accepted the rumors. I’m still worried that Regin might still be holding a grudge against Elen for having made Tigre go to Asvarre. I hope she’ll understand that Elen had no choice since it was a request from the King of Zchted and that, as such, it couldn’t be ignored. There’s also the fact that Elen tried to look for excuses to deny the order but couldn’t find even such excuse that would be acceptable, and I hope that Regin will understand that, too.

I’m also a bit worried about Figneria’s attitude as a Vanadis, but there’s at least the fact that she does want to try governing a dukedom. I just hope she’ll be a good governor for Legnica who will be able to trust her retainers and servants well enough and that she’ll be able to get along with Sophy and Elen to some extent.

I also hope she can get along well with Tigre. Speaking of Tigre, however, there’s also the concern about him seeing her bathing or otherwise naked in some situation and make her wary/mad at him. If she can understand that it was an accident and that he didn’t really mean it, then it’s fine, but she might also hold animosity towards him for a while like Mila did before she comes to know of his true nature (and I also hope she falls in love with him eventually, even though it would create a love rivalry between her and the other Vanadis who love him (and Regin, as she loves him, too)).
Volume 13 will be released October 25, Also the part with Mira having a grudge against him for seeing her, she either understood it was because of Ellen or she had been told about it, the reason she was like she was towards him was because she was a vandis and he was only a earl, she had no problems with looking down on those with lower status than her, I mean she was arrogant towards Ellen when the silver haired girl became a vandis because of her mercanary past and because Mira herself was the third vandis in her family so she had a high status from the beginning remember?
dragon213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-24, 17:34   Link #6940
Newhope

Volume 13 is slated release is the 25th of next month.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)