AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-06-28, 07:19   Link #21
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
Well my tablet only recently got back from a LONG repair trip (no big damage, just taking advantage of the warrenty before it expires in 2 months)
My mind is a blank so this will be great wya to flex my pen

Just started with some really rough sketches for ideas...
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...sketchcopy.jpg
The fifth one has wings just because i love wings ^^

Honestly not sure which to pursue or if i should just keep the ideas coming...
Perhaps i'll continue with these tomarrow after some sleep

BTW, would really like to see a nice full head to toe pic of kairin

ok, we definatly need to get those chibi's as smiles... over at another forum wee like to use the poring, wolf pup, and rabbit gifs from ragnarok as smiles =P
Wow. You got some real talent there. So many great poses all showing a lot of potential - and they're just sketches! You asked for a head to toe pic, but I have to say you pretty much nailed it with the 3rd one from the left. I like that one a lot. And wings...why didn't I think of that? *smacks forehead*

Note to self: draw Kairin with angel wings sometime.

Keep up the good work!
Old 2006-06-28, 19:48   Link #22
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
Wow. You got some real talent there. So many great poses all showing a lot of potential - and they're just sketches!
You really are too kind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiva128
You asked for a head to toe pic, but I have to say you pretty much nailed it with the 3rd one from the left. I like that one a lot.
I'll take that as a request ^^
Hair came out a bit too orange though

Slight blur applied to the shading

I really do need to post more art on these and other forums...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 13:15   Link #23
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Looks good Slayer! I don't think the hair turned out too bad colour-wise. I think though that the clothing folds could use some improvement. I know how hard those can be especially for dresses and baggy clothing so don't worry about it too much. And I just noticed it seems you forgot to finish the string for the necklace around her neck.

I like it though! *gives thumbs up*
Old 2006-07-01, 14:55   Link #24
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Wow you guys are all so talented! I can draw, um, stick figures?
Old 2006-07-01, 15:30   Link #25
jevony
Follower of Eiyuuou-sama

hmms... haha im not good in drawing either, but i would like to draw fanart for kairin too! are the chibis e only official art of kairin? cause i guess i need more "guides" haha. and wow! Slayerx u own a tablet! i would die to get my hands on one ^_^'''... that was a nice coloured pic too! too bad i can only do sketches in pencil, i have no clue on how to colour using PS. i can only do minor editing work. =/
jevony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 15:46   Link #26
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

The official images are currently anything produced by Kiva128, including these from the contest:
Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.
However, if we see other fan-works that are particularly good we might include those in the "official" set, if the creator is happy for us to do so.

Last edited by NightWish; 2014-11-13 at 08:59.
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 16:09   Link #27
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightWish
The official images are currently anything produced by Kiva128...
*shudders* those are so outdated. If you compare the old chibi to the new ones, it's not even funny how much better the new ones look.

But yeah I suppose they still count as official. The recent wallpaper is really the flagship picture so far however. I really have to get around to drawing a full head to toe picture of Kairin, but unfortunately I've placed that on the back burner for the time being.

Kiva128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 16:24   Link #28
jevony
Follower of Eiyuuou-sama

aha. then i suppose i will have to wait long longggg for e head to toe picture. =p kairin is so cute! i like both e newer and e older chibi pictures... ^^ now that my exams r over, i will *TRY* my best to do a fanart of kairin that is not too bad(when i say bad, i mean really bad, that u faint in horror. =/), using e images currently available as guidelines. will mostly likely finish by today or tomorrow. i cant wait to start drawing now. XD

[edit] so sorry, i haven finish drawing... =/ been busy with schoolwork, and im even in school now... dont think i will be able to finish within these few days. probably weekend? very sorry for not being able to keep my promise... =(

Last edited by jevony; 2006-07-03 at 21:54.
jevony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-12, 08:40   Link #29
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Hi all.

Just wanted to make an update for the wallpaper in the first post here. I decided that I didn't like the white border around Kairin anymore so I got rid of it. It's not a significant change but if you liked the wallpaper but not the white border, here you go:

This zip has all the standard 4:3 resolutions in it.
http://www.azuremidnight.com/Wallpap...allpaper1b.zip

Edit: Images removed because the external hosting service was "upgraded" in Jan 2014.
This means the images were deleted. What remained here would only serve as an advert so has been removed.

The next time I post a picture in this thread, it should be the new wallpaper. Or perhaps the Kairin banner picture which I just started yesterday and isn't even close to done.

EDIT: K fixed now.

Old 2006-07-18, 13:16   Link #30
Dingoo

I gave this a quick try. If i feel like it I might do a better pic someday.
Dingoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 14:38   Link #31
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingoo
I gave this a quick try. If i feel like it I might do a better pic someday.
Wow, that's pretty awesome. I really like the ears in this one. Post more please.
Old 2006-07-19, 14:35   Link #32
kira_lacusXX
LOVELY☆COMPLEX

wow...everyone is so good!!! im not that good at drawing, but since its summer, and im bored to death, i decided to do a little fanart of kairin of my own =] just a 15 minute drawing...

Spoiler for attempt at kairin fanart:

hope at least some will like..
kira_lacusXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 16:15   Link #33
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira_lacusXX
wow...everyone is so good!!! im not that good at drawing, but since its summer, and im bored to death, i decided to do a little fanart of kairin of my own =] just a 15 minute drawing...

Spoiler for attempt at kairin fanart:

hope at least some will like..
Not bad for a 15 minute sketch.
It's a bit hard to make out the details since it's from a camera but Kairin seems shy/embarrassed by something there. Maybe someone asked her out to a date! I'll get him!

Good job, regardless!
Old 2006-07-22, 15:35   Link #34
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Heh, not sure if this counts Kairin fan art or not but, I always had this idea in my head to create a sort of "evil" Kairin. She's basically the opposite of the warm, cute, kind-hearted Kairin we know and love.

This is just a quick sketch that popped into my head so enjoy.

Evil Kairin (Not official name since I can't think of one at the moment)

Don't take it too seriously since I was just having a bit of fun. Took about 30 mins or so.

Old 2006-07-22, 19:22   Link #35
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ ohh very nice evil twin...scars and eyepatch included

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 19:38   Link #36
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
^ ohh very nice evil twin...scars and eyepatch included
They're tattoos actually but close enough. Guess I should have mentioned that.
Thanks.
Old 2006-07-22, 22:00   Link #37
wcm001

Nice!

Everyones drawings are awesome I will submit one soon.
wcm001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 14:27   Link #38
Joke

Send a message via MSN to Joke
this will be my first fan-art ever!:P

this is my first attempt on a really bad material i paint on
Spoiler:

and this is the second attempt this on a white paper...
Spoiler:

I will maby try too coloring it but i have never done it so if some one what to do it feel free to do it if some one like them
Joke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 17:02   Link #39
raphaël
trainee archangel

Send a message via AIM to raphaël
Kiva, that "evil Kairin" is... sexy. I was thinking, though : Isn't she supposed to be a gentle young lady who only scolds spammers and double posters once in a while?

Joke: Don't know why, the second one reminds me of munch's "the scream" for a second. lol, sorry, i'm ridicule, nothing personal but she looks so... sad and bored. -_-
raphaël is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 18:32   Link #40
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

Joke:

Hey those aren't bad for a first try. You should have seen my first attempt at fan art (I did Vegeta from DBZ ). I like the eyes in the first one. And how come Kairin is so sad in the second picture?

If you want to take the path to becoming a great artist, you must know that the road will be long, and ardjuous. But then again, nothing worth doing is easy, right? Then again if you just want to draw in your spare time as a hobby, that works too.

One of the things I did when I first started was to copy drawings that other people did (professional anime guys). I tried to make them as close to the original as possible. So, I don't know if that's a path you'd like to take. Likewise, other people sometimes like to not copy at all and just draw originals right from the beginning. Either way is good I guess.

But the most important thing is to have fun doing it and not worry too much about it not looking right.

So thank you for choosing Kairin as your first fan art ever. It's an honour

Quote:
Originally Posted by raphaël
Kiva, that "evil Kairin" is... sexy. I was thinking, though : Isn't she supposed to be a gentle young lady who only scolds spammers and double posters once in a while?

If you're talking about evil Kairin then I don't think she's gentle at all. She has some serious issues (I suppose she could scold spammers and double posters, but that's more Kairin's job. She would do it in a nice way/funny way though). I haven't really thought about much for evil Kairin. She's not official either since I was just messing around. Perhaps if enough people want it, I could work in some kind of story between Kairin and Evil Kairin (I really have to think of a name for her).

Tags
kairin, wiki candidate