AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-01, 22:19   Link #81
whitewizard

Im guessing after the fight is over ghost 7 will offer galatea to join them in taking down the organization but i doubt she'll join, she's not the groupie type i think. So most probably the'yll just exchange info and go separate ways and meet again some other time. About irene i doubt she's still alive, remember clare felt something on her borrowed arm when raphaela was with irene, i guess that scene tells it all..and besides she has already fullfilled her purpose in the story so i dont think she'll be needed anymore there. Unless she still has some secret technique which she can teach clare how to fight...and that is by using her feet only
Old 2008-03-01, 22:22   Link #82
Newhope

I think if partially-awakening was fairly common Galatea or Miria would know something about it,it could be that this generation had something diffrent or it could just be a fluke that they was so many at the same time.

I doubt Galatea or any claymore would willing go over there limits it's like playing with fire in most cases its as good as commiting suicide.Another point is we don't know if there only prelonging the awakening process or if they have gone beyond that already which is another reason I wouldn't try it.
Old 2008-03-01, 22:27   Link #83
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The case for Irene: For her to be alive, I can only think of one situation, and that is she travels together with Rafaela. Wrote a fic on it...

Based on their exchange, I'm pretty sure that Irene would be able to hit some of Rafaela's soft spots by using the right words.
Old 2008-03-01, 22:44   Link #84
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

A cover from this chapter ^^

Credits : Lion-Passby
Old 2008-03-01, 22:51   Link #85
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

There could have been partial awakened claymores in every generation. The fab 4 would have died long time ago if the Org had their way.
This generation is lucky to have Clare.

Clare is special because she has lots of friends, claymore are usualy loners.

No matter how strong you are, eventually you will need help, and when that time comes and there is no one around, you will fall.

Last edited by Awakened; 2008-03-01 at 23:13.
Old 2008-03-01, 22:54   Link #86
chibamonster
'S' Class Fairy Tail

Ahhh! A cover?!?! When I start seeing images from the comic I get all antsy.

This is all speculation on my part but I agree with awakened. Waiting for the next chapter is grinding on me. I haven't started D.Grayman yet. Maybe I will do that after I post . I think that if the MIB's plan had worked Galatea would definitely know nothing about half awakening because the fab 4 would have all died. Clare was the reason they survived. I definitely agree that she is an exception with the whole Teresa instead of just raw youma bit. Miria, on the other hand, does know something about the organization's "secret" whatever it may be. They tried to vicariously kill Miria and Clare (and maybe the others, I don't know) several times. Pieta anyone?

Was it just chance that 4 partially awakened Claymores were gathered together? That is the first and by her own words most important question Miria asks; if they had ever passed their limits. They all had. Then she asked if they were trouble makers. Most of them were, but Miria was acting as dutiful as she could while investigating the organization. She even somehow peeked into the organizations deepest secret, whatever it is. Maybe it ties into the partial awakend? It seems that the 4 were gathered BECAUSE they were partially awakened, not by chance because they were trouble makers although that couldn't hurt either. Following Clare's progression from the early chapters she probably would have gotten in over her head and died at some point. Why make a point to kill her when she was headed that way by herself?

This is just me, but I do not think Clare's generation is really that different from other generations. We have little to go off of though because we have seen little of other generations. Teresa's generation seemed to be more full of exceptions in my opinion, namely herself and Priscilla. There is also Alicia and Beth, but they have been trained for years and calculated for a long time, even before Teresa although they might even belong in the same boat as Teresa's generation for time created.

I do not think that Clare and the Fab 4 were the first few partially awakened claymores. Just the first few to survive the heavy attempts on their lives. If it were not for Clare they would all be dead and Jean would be completely awakened. Were it not for Priscilla inspiring Isley and the other Abyssals to move there might not have been enough turmoil for the partially awakened claymores to escape with their life. Raphaela could have hunted them down. She did send Jean and Clare to their death in Pieta as the organization calculated.

Last edited by chibamonster; 2008-03-01 at 23:09.
Old 2008-03-01, 23:03   Link #87
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

chibamonster: Get started on D.Gray, if only to keep your sanity in between the months.

It's interesting to note that Priscilla and Clare had upset the chessboards of both Isley and the MIB. However, I believe in a greater chessboard, where the players are not yet known to us.
Old 2008-03-01, 23:07   Link #88
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The case for Irene: For her to be alive, I can only think of one situation, and that is she travels together with Rafaela. Wrote a fic on it...

Based on their exchange, I'm pretty sure that Irene would be able to hit some of Rafaela's soft spots by using the right words.
lol yea never thought about that but yea i hope ur right
Old 2008-03-01, 23:25   Link #89
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

Quote:

I read that. It was really good you should make more of it.
Old 2008-03-01, 23:28   Link #90
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by stringer13 View Post
I read that. It was really good you should make more of it.
Been busy/lazy recently. Also, reading D.Gray (which is now reaching a new climax).
Old 2008-03-01, 23:33   Link #91
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Spoiler for To save room:

Those outfits are certainly form-hugging, wish we had a colored pic of Miria like that :P
Old 2008-03-01, 23:41   Link #92
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

yea i know *imagines Flora in one of them*
Old 2008-03-01, 23:44   Link #93
stringer13
Irene's #1 Fan

There outfit is cool. It was probaly based off Irene's.
Old 2008-03-01, 23:56   Link #94
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Hehe, well if you go by my fic, they are.
Old 2008-03-01, 23:58   Link #95
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Hehe, well if you go by my fic, they are.
Clare has a good memory =X.
Old 2008-03-02, 00:00   Link #96
Jonova
JoJo

78 is out already >_<, god dammit i registered too late on that website
Old 2008-03-02, 00:03   Link #97
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonova View Post
78 is out already >_<, god dammit i registered too late on that website
We know. We're just waiting for the English subs. (I'm also too lazy to search for the Chinese ones.)
Old 2008-03-02, 00:04   Link #98
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Lycan View Post
yea i know *imagines Flora in one of them*
I hope Galatea gets one too.... though the current nun outfit is sexy too!
Old 2008-03-02, 00:09   Link #99
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

I'll be happy if she regenerates her eyes.
Old 2008-03-02, 00:09   Link #100
Jonova
JoJo

Quote:
We know. We're just waiting for the English subs. (I'm also too lazy to search for the Chinese ones.)
well i am not terribly familiar with the English sub groups, which group usually gets the scan first?