AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-07-14, 06:39   Link #221
dieseltrain

episode 15 question, did masane do the nasty with ......?
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-15, 23:18   Link #222
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 15 Review

Another fantastic episode that allows us to see some key characters changing and moving forward.

At first thoughts of Maria's DualBlade form I felt it unsavory and lame, but after watching this episode I believed its fitting for her psychotic, childish personality and sociopathic mood swings.
One thing for sure was the two new tunes played from the OST score; a cross combination between gothic melody mixed with schizophrenic tones, added rendition of soft rock with female solo.
Think of it as listening to Danny Elfman's score from Tim Burton's films merged in what felt for me as a tunes that possess a Yuka Kajiura-esque texture within them; Maria's own psycho-gothic theme was a thriller and ecstatic to me, yearning even more to laid my hands on the OST.

As for Maria, herself is deliciously an schizophrenic child; I recommend you to pay particular attention to the different psycho faces she pulls out for this episode.
I think that Maria's sociopathy should be rewarded a place among other homicidal female characters in anime, though I'm not sure if she's on par with Diva's arrogant, but naughty airheadedness; Rena's oyashiro mode; or Mariko's childish murderous demeanor.

Animation returned how it looked like at the beginning of the series, mediocre. Characters were drawn with enlarged lower jaws, spiky chins, and sleeky, hook noses. However, the drama, psychosis, unbound carnage, and last tearjerking moments made me to forget about the animation flaws.

GONZO is making a decent job at keeping the story carrying on and giving treatment to the characters for growing up.

I cannot give you a detailed synopsis of what happens, because of my unfortunate hindrance on understanding Japanese, however, I can give an add-on for several key points that were discussed.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-17, 16:54   Link #223
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
My, what an amazing series Witchblade is shaping out to be! I know people are complaying about GONZO's work with some measure of basis, yet here and now Witchblade proves that GONZO can produce a great series with consistent, quality animation, believable characters and edge-of-your-seat plot.

In more ways that one, Witchblade is turning out to be the SpeedGrapher that never was. Call it penance, call it striking back, but Witchblade really does instill me with reinvigorated faith about Studio GONZO and that is especially delightful considering that Mardock Scramble will be coming out in near future as well.

Spoiler:
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 12:14   Link #224
Lotiman

Gonzo best work = Vandread.
They going down after that. Bakuretsu Tenshi also a dissapointment. Though Sai is Hot.
Lotiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-18, 12:15   Link #225
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Are you saying Vandread was better than Last Exile or Gankutsuoh?
Old 2006-07-18, 15:24   Link #226
chrno

Send a message via AIM to chrno
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotiman
Gonzo best work = Vandread.
They going down after that. Bakuretsu Tenshi also a dissapointment. Though Sai is Hot.
Hey, how can you say that 'BakuTen' was bad? It was BGC for crying out loud, and not that 'BGC 2040' bullshit. And as cheesy as it was I actually liked it. Considering I didn't care for it the first time it started airing. I was like uh oh, cheesy fanservice meets guns! Oh and it's 'Sei', not 'Sai'. And yes she is hot! In fact she's my fave. So much so that I plopped down $60 for a PVC model of her to grace my shelves. With her busts showing in all their sexy glory. THANK YOU UGETSU-san!

Ahem...sorry about that!

But not meaning to get off topic here. But I've never really been all that interested in 'Gonzo's shows if only for a selective few. 'BakuTen', 'Kiddy Grade' and 'Saikano' (haha it's funny all this talk about whether 'Gonzo' could do good works, and they forget 'Saikano'). Unfortunately, 'Vandread' doesn't fall into my selection. Nor will it ever. I've seen some of it and I didn't care for it much (any more than 'Ikkitousen' and don't get me started on 'Chrono Crusade'. WHICH WILL NEVER grace my shelves!). As I'm not interested in "ZOMG it has to be the greatest work to be considered great entertainment!" There are some things that 'Gonzo' can do and somethings they mess up on. But that's any company. If no one thought they couldn't do the job do you really think they would keep handing them work? C'mon folks, get real now! People rant and rave like 'Gonzo' produces crap on a daily basis. The only thing I hate about them is their major use of CG and their preference in artists. One in particular. I hate when a studio changes the style of what was established by the manga artist. Granted I've seen their renditions of manga to animation 'CC' is one example. Hated the designs, gave it a chance, watched it, hated it some more, got a headache from watching it, cursed it and finally moved on in peace because "HALLELUJAH PEANUT BUTTER" that I own the manga!

'WB' is not the greatest but it certainly isn't the worst. And despite it's flaws at times, it's turning out to be a decent little series. I watch the series because it's based off a American comic and I wanted to see what they would come up with. Because they kept the show simple it's turning out to be highly enjoyable. The elements of the show are what keep me glued each week. Now let's see if 'Gonzo' can keep up the good storytelling until we get to the end of the series.

Just caught up and watched ep. 11-14 (again) and finally 15 yesterday. Ready for 16.
Spoiler:

Next stop on ep. 16 time to do a little getting away to a resort for some 'R&R' with Rihoko and Masane. And more than likely more shit. Thinking too much. I'll be honest that new assed-OP sucks! It's like someone's home "music video". Yet the damn $*&%!! song is stuck in my head. GRRRRRRN!! The ED song is ok, but I like 'Ashita no Te' better. Seems there's one more character to make an appearance. This pin up was brought to by Masane and Riko, for all the people we loved and killed.

"I'm afraid 400 years won't cover me."

Last edited by chrno; 2006-07-18 at 16:06.
chrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-19, 15:19   Link #227
chrno

Talking

Because I love watching the 'WB' anime so much it is now ingrained in my head, thus to the point of melting into my subconscious. I found that eating "rocky road" ice cream while sick just before bed can cause very strange dreams. Do I like Masane THAT much that I have get into a "yuri" encounter with her? OYE VAY! Must be the reverse mullet, Mamiko Noto's voice. GAHHHH! I guess I'm out of the closet now!

But before all that my mind ponders more crap.
Spoiler:

I'm sure we'll find out more and when we do all the pieces will come together once and for all. Onward to ep. 16.

Old 2006-07-19, 15:20   Link #228
chrno

Talking

Accidental double post...

Old 2006-07-19, 17:54   Link #229
wrex_japan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Another fantastic episode that allows us to see some key characters changing and moving forward.

At first thoughts of Maria's DualBlade form I felt it unsavory and lame, but after watching this episode I believed its fitting for her psychotic, childish personality and sociopathic mood swings.
One thing for sure was the two new tunes played from the OST score; a cross combination between gothic melody mixed with schizophrenic tones, added rendition of soft rock with female solo.
Think of it as listening to Danny Elfman's score from Tim Burton's films merged in what felt for me as a tunes that possess a Yuka Kajiura-esque texture within them; Maria's own psycho-gothic theme was a thriller and ecstatic to me, yearning even more to laid my hands on the OST.

As for Maria, herself is deliciously an schizophrenic child; I recommend you to pay particular attention to the different psycho faces she pulls out for this episode.
I think that Maria's sociopathy should be rewarded a place among other homicidal female characters in anime, though I'm not sure if she's on par with Diva's arrogant, but naughty airheadedness; Rena's oyashiro mode; or Mariko's childish murderous demeanor.

Animation returned how it looked like at the beginning of the series, mediocre. Characters were drawn with enlarged lower jaws, spiky chins, and sleeky, hook noses. However, the drama, psychosis, unbound carnage, and last tearjerking moments made me to forget about the animation flaws.

GONZO is making a decent job at keeping the story carrying on and giving treatment to the characters for growing up.

I cannot give you a detailed synopsis of what happens, because of my unfortunate hindrance on understanding Japanese, however, I can give an add-on for several key points that were discussed.
Spoiler:
Wow, looking at your spoiler summary, I can't wait to watch this episode.
wrex_japan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 11:39   Link #230
kitten84

i watched ep 16
and there was a descussion between masane and takayama about the witch blade
i couldn`t understand the details
can someone tell us !!
i think its about riko and maybe she will have the witchblade next !!!! or something like that

thanks
kitten84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-20, 17:44   Link #231
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Well, episode 16 featured what can be safely described as the happiest day of Mr. Cho's life. And Masane managed to find a swimsuit that would actually fit her. 8)

The amount of womanflesh was simply stupendous.

Old 2006-07-21, 01:05   Link #232
rpgman1

Masane's bust is around 98cm (J-cup size in Japanese system). They're pretty huge and I can think of only the gravure model Rio Natsume who also has a bust of 98cm but J-cup size. Normally it would fall from G-I in terms of size but J is pretty big. In the anime, the lingerie shop owner couldn't find a top that can fit her massive breasts. You think that the Witchblade caused Japan to be devastated in the near future would have at least some garments for busty women. Oh well, at least the bikini looks really good on Masane .
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 14:32   Link #233
chrno

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
Masane's bust is around 98cm (J-cup size in Japanese system). They're pretty huge and I can think of only the gravure model Rio Natsume who also has a bust of 98cm but J-cup size. Normally it would fall from G-I in terms of size but J is pretty big. In the anime, the lingerie shop owner couldn't find a top that can fit her massive breasts. You think that the Witchblade caused Japan to be devastated in the near future would have at least some garments for busty women. Oh well, at least the bikini looks really good on Masane .
Well, hell look at 'Shiori' her's was 103cm. That's damn large! Of course that would be almost close to our standards here in the states since here we don't use cm. So would J be close to a DD here or an E? Of course it always ends up being a odd visual depending on who's drawing the characters. Surely, 'Air Master' fans remember 'Mina' she was 108cm. Yet, no one could figure out which size she was supposed to be 108 or 97. I'll go with the 108. And while we are on bust, who said 'Nora' could get an enlargement as a 'CB'. Considering that her build is rather moderate but the animation team seems to be taking liberties because there was "flesh" in the air.

I'll be watching ep. 16 tonight. Gotta see what going on.

Last edited by chrno; 2006-07-25 at 08:57.
Old 2006-07-21, 16:34   Link #234
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten84
i watched ep 16
and there was a descussion between masane and takayama about the witch blade
i couldn`t understand the details
can someone tell us !!
Spoiler for ep. 16:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 17:06   Link #235
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppy
Spoiler for ep. 16:
Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-21, 17:28   Link #236
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorae_paladin1
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-21, 17:58   Link #237
Yorae_paladin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yorae_paladin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 04:05   Link #238
kitten84

thanks for the explanation

i didn`t thought that the story will take such a twist
but witchblade is certainly getting better and better
kitten84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-22, 11:10   Link #239
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 16 Review

Thanks to Guppy I already knew what went on between Masane and Takeyama, henceforth, I won't be commenting about it due that I discussed it in a previous post.

This is a much needed break to release stress and anguish on the dirty sh** that NSWF has been pulling out for five consecutive previous episodes.

Animation returned to its standard quality which is good compared to the previous episodes, and I have a much pleased look on how the staff managed to balance well the fanservice along with the inbetween moments among the characters to talk about themselves and for investing more on Masane & Riko bonding, and scattered a few vestigial hints that Tozawa maybe denying a possible affection for Masamune.

The only complain I have with the animation on this episode was again the drawing and sketching treatment on the female character, and Masane was whom she suffered most a severe case of cellulitis.
C'mon, it was nae to see Masane drawn with too much meat in her hips and waist in her swimsuit. The animators are cheap; even if for time and budget constraints, this was partly a fanservice episodes and should had kept a decent quality at every shot for the female character designs in their swimsuits.
Spoiler:

There's a foreshadowing near the end of this episode that tells me no matter how much I wish for Masane and Riko to be together, but Masamune will not make it after the end.
Spoiler:

For the other serious moments that unfolded.
Spoiler:
Old 2006-07-22, 16:15   Link #240
rpgman1

Since Funimation seems to be going lately on getting Gonzo titles, Witchblade would make sense. Of course, I wonder why Funimation would picked up some shows that have fanservice in them (Looking at Sunabouzu and recently acquired Witchblade). Trinity Blood will be airing on Adult Swim along with Bleach this Fall as Eureka 7 takes a break. I doubt Witchblade will ever be aired on Adult Swim because of the obvious fanservice in the series and Kim Manning doesn't want to air such a series. Funimation and Top Cow Productions will definitely benefit if Witchblade will ever be aired on Adult Swim.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote