Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-06-06, 22:36   Link #681
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
I think the one thing that sticks out the most is how when Lelouch first met C.C., she was killed and in turn, gave him the Geass. This is the same as Gawain killing the Green Knight and, in turn, receiving his axe.
Funnily enough this happens twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esper 28 View Post
Perhaps this is going to be how C.C. handles Lelouch in the end of the series? Where it proves once and for all that she was simply manipulating him as a way to achieve her own means. C.C. strikes me as the manipulative type and I definitely think she's got her own agenda in mind.
Everything up to now was a good read, and I found the parallels pretty interesting. I can't really comment on them as they are simply tossing around ideas that I find plausible to say the least.

But, let's get to something I can reply to. I don't see how one could not see C.C. as manipulative on some level, she clearly was antogonizing Lelouch forward during the begining of Season 1. We also know she has her own agenda as her contract is a secret known, for all we know, only to her.

Boy... that was really alot shorter than I expected.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-06, 22:40   Link #682
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I think Marianne also has a good idea of what the contract is as well. But she has pretty much done nothing but manipulate and antagonize him though. Fits with what she represents though I guess.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 06:42   Link #683
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
I think Marianne also has a good idea of what the contract is as well. But she has pretty much done nothing but manipulate and antagonize him though. Fits with what she represents though I guess.
I don't understand why Marianne hides the fact she can talk with C.C.

C.C. and her have their own agenda and actually (after talking with you on your profile), I think they are using Lelouch as a pawn, maybe....

C.C. and Marianne are fighting against Charles and V.V. I think, but Lelouch seems to be just their pawn against them...

I'm kinda sad about that, but as I say it to you, if the plot is good, then it's ok with me.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 09:39   Link #684
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

What can Marianne do? She can't talk with anyone or tell them, can she?

They are using him. It's not hard to see that.

Meh, I'm just sick of it always being this way.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-06-07, 10:34   Link #685
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
I don't understand why Marianne hides the fact she can talk with C.C.
It's not Marianne hiding the fact, its C.C. hiding the fact. There is no indication that Marianne can contact anyone else, and even if she could, it'd be probably limited to Charles and V.V..

Quote:
C.C. and her have their own agenda and actually (after talking with you on your profile), I think they are using Lelouch as a pawn, maybe....

C.C. and Marianne are fighting against Charles and V.V. I think, but Lelouch seems to be just their pawn against them...
There's no real indication that C.C. and/or Marianne are fighting Charles. We know that Charles wants/needs C.C. but for what we don't know, it could very well be because he wants to have a chat with his wife.

Charles: "Hello dear, h-how are you?"
Marianne: "Dead, dear."
Charles: "I see... Well, our son's growing up to be a powerful man and he's caring for our daughter."
Marianne: "Yes, I know dear."
Charles: "And he'll have wtfcurls and all the women soon!"
Marianne: "..."
Charles: "How about some tea?"

Not really, but what the heck?

Quote:
I'm kinda sad about that, but as I say it to you, if the plot is good, then it's ok with me.
Seeing as how that's what one is after in a story... not really sure what else one could want.

Quote:
Meh, I'm just sick of it always being this way.
Then write your own story.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-07, 10:53   Link #686
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm a terrible writer. If I did, I could only come up with boring, static characters like C.C. and Lacus.

Old 2008-06-07, 16:23   Link #687
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
It's not Marianne hiding the fact, its C.C. hiding the fact. There is no indication that Marianne can contact anyone else, and even if she could, it'd be probably limited to Charles and V.V..
Ah, good point. But I still think this is Marianne who told C.C. to not talk about her to Lelouch.

Quote:
There's no real indication that C.C. and/or Marianne are fighting Charles. We know that Charles wants/needs C.C. but for what we don't know, it could very well be because he wants to have a chat with his wife.

Charles: "Hello dear, h-how are you?"
Marianne: "Dead, dear."
Charles: "I see... Well, our son's growing up to be a powerful man and he's caring for our daughter."
Marianne: "Yes, I know dear."
Charles: "And he'll have wtfcurls and all the women soon!"
Marianne: "..."
Charles: "How about some tea?"

Not really, but what the heck?
Rofl

C.C. seems to dislike Charles though. In Turn 2, that gave me this feeling when she said "that man". And she don't seem to like V.V. either.
Old 2008-06-07, 21:00   Link #688
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I was under the impression she wasn't familiar with Charles that much. And she does hate V.V. it seems and that could be reason enough for her to dislike Charles. This new info with the Cult explains her comments to Lelouch about him knowing and getting involved though a little.

Old 2008-06-07, 22:09   Link #689
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I was under the impression she wasn't familiar with Charles that much. And she does hate V.V. it seems and that could be reason enough for her to dislike Charles. This new info with the Cult explains her comments to Lelouch about him knowing and getting involved though a little.
Then if she doesn't want him to be involved, that's because she cares about him, and she knows that V.V. and the Cult are dangerous. I wonder if she cares about Lelouch has much as Henry IV in NoN.
Old 2008-06-07, 22:12   Link #690
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Then if she doesn't want him to be involved, that's because she cares about him, and she knows that V.V. and the Cult are dangerous. I wonder if she cares about Lelouch has much as Henry IV in NoN.
Or she just needs him alive and not in their hands so he can fufill her desire and Marianne's. And the NoN stuff isn't really canon and Henry was a kid.

Old 2008-06-08, 01:17   Link #691
AJDyzaster

Random Fact: There's a small restaurant chain in my area called CiCi's Pizza.
AJDyzaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 01:18   Link #692
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I've heard of them I think. It would be even funnier if it was actually C.C.'s Pizza.

Old 2008-06-08, 01:21   Link #693
Alvatore
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDyzaster View Post
ur serious?
Alvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 03:33   Link #694
Esper 28
Akira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Everything up to now was a good read, and I found the parallels pretty interesting. I can't really comment on them as they are simply tossing around ideas that I find plausible to say the least.

But, let's get to something I can reply to. I don't see how one could not see C.C. as manipulative on some level, she clearly was antogonizing Lelouch forward during the begining of Season 1. We also know she has her own agenda as her contract is a secret known, for all we know, only to her.

Boy... that was really alot shorter than I expected.
I'm glad to see that I wasn't completely out there with my comparisons. I honestly think it could be used as some sort of glimpse at C.C.'s character. While I'm not sure I would go as far as to say that C.C. is Morgan le Faye, but I definitely think the figure of legend was used as inspiration.

And yeah, I agree that it's hard to see C.C. as anything but manipulative. However, to what scale her manipulation goes is in question. I'm of the belief that she's been manipulating many of the major events in the Code Geass universe, these include things concerning and not concerning Lelouch.

Either way, thanks for taking the time to read and reply to a post that was undoubtedly completely out of context since it was made like, months ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJDyzaster View Post
Yeah, and they've got the pizza buffet thing, right? That's supposed to be super cheap? It's frustrating because where I live, I see commercials on TV for the place, but they're not even located in my state!

I'll just have to settle for Pizza Hut for my fake pizza.
Esper 28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 13:38   Link #695
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

pizza hut still support cc rebellion, as cc support pizza hut for ordering pizzas for every couple ep or so.

cc + pizzas ftw
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-08, 15:02   Link #696
Pathis87

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
pizza hut still support cc rebellion, as cc support pizza hut for ordering pizzas for every couple ep or so.

cc + pizzas ftw
I don't get it with the britannian Intel Agency , i mean if they were to infiltrate in the pizza hut corp they would find cc sooner or later

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:40   Link #697
AJDyzaster

but yeah, CiCi's pizza is awesome. It's still pronounced the same as CC so I love it.

It's a ridiculously cheap pizza place, like 5 dollars for all you can eat. It's so bad but so good. The only people that eat there are moms with their million kids, and high schoolers. Perfect place to go when you've got the munchies hardcore.
AJDyzaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 00:41   Link #698
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Why would you love it if it has anything to do with C.C.?

Old 2008-06-09, 10:56   Link #699
Sotobrastos

Quote:
Why would you love it if it has anything to do with C.C.?
Why do people cut themselves?
Sotobrastos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 14:55   Link #700
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Becuase they hate life and want to die. Or they just want attention and are looking for it the wrong way.