Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-18, 19:46   Link #361
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Spoiler for Eryops question:
Thanks for the clarification.

When you refer to an altered piece 52, do you mean what was posted here or a modified version of it found elsewhere?

I found that piece to be quite interesting. From it I gathered that Bernkastel can pretty much change the course of fate as she desires. This might explain something that I've been wondering about; namely the fact that no matter how late Dark Rika arrives in a world and possesses Rika's body, the local Rika has already taken quite a few actions that would require knowledge from previous worlds to accomplish (e.g. warn Akasaka, or convince Irie to use C103 on Satoko). You'd expect her to lack the foreknowledge to take these actions, since the version of Rika that holds that information is absent. However if Bernkastel can freely manipulate the course of events, then perhaps she was directly causing these Rikas to act in such a manner. I must admit that this is a pretty shaky theory, but I can't think of anything better that might explain how the Rikas of Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen were able to display foreknowledge before the arrival of the century-old Rika in these worlds.
Old 2007-12-18, 19:59   Link #362
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I re-edited my post with the Piece I was referring to and added some more comments.

Spoiler for Bernkastel:
Old 2007-12-19, 09:02   Link #363
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryops View Post
Thanks for the clarification.

When you refer to an altered piece 52, do you mean what was posted here or a modified version of it found elsewhere?

I found that piece to be quite interesting. From it I gathered that Bernkastel can pretty much change the course of fate as she desires. This might explain something that I've been wondering about; namely the fact that no matter how late Dark Rika arrives in a world and possesses Rika's body, the local Rika has already taken quite a few actions that would require knowledge from previous worlds to accomplish (e.g. warn Akasaka, or convince Irie to use C103 on Satoko). You'd expect her to lack the foreknowledge to take these actions, since the version of Rika that holds that information is absent. However if Bernkastel can freely manipulate the course of events, then perhaps she was directly causing these Rikas to act in such a manner. I must admit that this is a pretty shaky theory, but I can't think of anything better that might explain how the Rikas of Minagoroshi-hen and Matsuribayashi-hen were able to display foreknowledge before the arrival of the century-old Rika in these worlds.
I think these are set events
The knowledge doesn't come together with the "body-possession" (it would be strange for Rika be a normal girl and all of a sudden a bunch of info is incorporated into her)
They are always there after the first reboot.
Just think of the "body possession" (beggining of each world) as a kind of "update" of info from the last world but erasing the previous info of that world (that's why Rika never knows what day she is in, what she was playing with her friends)
As Hanyuu's powers get weaker, the "update" comes later

That's how I imagine it

well
whatever
Old 2007-12-19, 10:13   Link #364
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
I think these are set events
The knowledge doesn't come together with the "body-possession" (it would be strange for Rika be a normal girl and all of a sudden a bunch of info is incorporated into her)
They are always there after the first reboot.
Just think of the "body possession" (beggining of each world) as a kind of "update" of info from the last world but erasing the previous info of that world (that's why Rika never knows what day she is in, what she was playing with her friends)
As Hanyuu's powers get weaker, the "update" comes later

That's how I imagine it

well
whatever
The reason I though of it that way is because Dark Rika tells Rena during their encounter at the landfill in Tsumihoboroshi-hen that she isn't Rika. Based on that I had assumed that she viewed the Rika before her arrival to be distinct enough as to consider her a different person entirely. Since memories shape one's personality, an absence of memories from past worlds in the previous Rika would explain why Dark Rika would think of her in that way. Of course the fact that the previous Rika has foreknowledge of future events and acts like Dark Rika at times does cast serious doubt on this theory.

Also, I think that when Rika arrives in a world she incorporates the local Rika's memories into her own. After all, Rika does remember that she was playing with her friends at the start of Minagoroshi-hen. I'd say that her difficulty with remembering the date might be because it's hard for her to remember from which world each memory originates, which is why for example she doesn't immediately realize that Akasaka's wife is alive in Minagoroshi-hen.
Old 2007-12-19, 14:44   Link #365
Rias

When combined with Umineko's Frederica, I think it works somewhat like this:
Spoiler for Saikoroshi-hen + Umineko Tea Party:
Old 2007-12-19, 17:27   Link #366
Eryops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rias View Post
I think that this interpretation makes sense. It seems that the Rika of every world is a separate person and that it's only memories that get transfered to Frederica (who is also a separate being) and from there to the Rika of the next world. I draw this from the fact that Hanyuu refers to the Rika from Minagoroshi-hen as if she were a different person from the Rika of Matsurayashi-hen, calling her "the Rika of the previous world" rather than "you". Also, that would explain why Rika's ghost is present in Yoigoroshi-hen; you'd expect it to be absent if Rika's soul had moved to a different world.

Spoiler for Umineko Tea Party:
Old 2007-12-19, 21:31   Link #367
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Quote:
lol, this theory makes sense but i find it really funny no idea why. :P i keep thinking theres gonna be something retarded like

<xxx layer/> because ryukishi's paycheck comes from it >
Old 2007-12-19, 21:53   Link #368
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Spoiler for Umineko Tea Party:
Old 2007-12-20, 14:34   Link #369
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

For Beatrice

Bernkastel says:

「……1人を“無限に”殺す力。
…私は貴女の方が恐ろしいけれども。」

She has the power of killing 1 person "limitlessly"/"infinitely"

I don't know if I'm undestanding wrong, but I think it means she can kill 1 person using "infinite" methods (that's what we see in umineko)
Old 2007-12-20, 15:00   Link #370
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
I think of them all as just 2
The Rika in the human world, let's say just Rika
And the Hivemind Rika (Frederika Bernkastel)

They also mention in the tips of umineko that Bernkastel has 1000 years

To me, it works like this
Frederika Bernkastel was born out of Rika's journey, the reboots
She observed Rika for 100 years, observed her beat June of 1983. Her power would be pick the pieces to Rika be reborn in.
With Rika's happy ending, Bernkastel remained in the world of the pieces and decided to wander around for 900 years (well, that place is outside space and time) peeping in the infinite pieces to kill time and boredom until she met Beato.

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2007-12-20 at 15:10.
Old 2007-12-20, 16:52   Link #371
Rias

Quote:
Originally Posted by theacefrehley View Post
For Beatrice

Bernkastel says:

「……1人を“無限に”殺す力。
…私は貴女の方が恐ろしいけれども。」

She has the power of killing 1 person "limitlessly"/"infinitely"

I don't know if I'm undestanding wrong, but I think it means she can kill 1 person using "infinite" methods (that's what we see in umineko)
Spoiler for umineko tea party:
Old 2007-12-21, 06:49   Link #372
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Quote:
Spoiler for umineko tea party:
What you posted is indeed about lambda delta but it's not what I posted

Mine comes right after

Beatrice: 「しかしそなたは、“ゼロでない限り”必ず成就させる力を持つ。
……この世に“必ず”は存在しないとのたまう卿ご自身が、“必ず”の力をお持ちでおられる。
……恐ろしい恐ろしい、くっくっく…!」
Bernkastel: 「……1人を“無限に”殺す力。
…私は貴女の方が恐ろしいけれども。」

Last edited by theacefrehley; 2007-12-21 at 07:04.
Old 2007-12-22, 22:16   Link #373
FateAnomaly

I don't quite understand. The big not Rika person at the end changed the past? So none of the stuff will happen? Can someone explain it more clearly to me, thanks.
Old 2007-12-23, 00:08   Link #374
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
I don't quite understand. The big not Rika person at the end changed the past? So none of the stuff will happen? Can someone explain it more clearly to me, thanks.
Spoiler for Part C:
Old 2007-12-23, 01:14   Link #375
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Spoiler for Part C:
Which arc(s) does this storyline occur in?
Old 2007-12-23, 01:28   Link #376
BakaOnna

Quote:
Spoiler for Part C:
Is this what was revealed in Umineko? It kinda destroys the impact of everything that happened in Higurashi. Everything was just a "game" for these two bored "world creators"?
Old 2007-12-23, 01:29   Link #377
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by iczelion74 View Post
Which arc(s) does this storyline occur in?
Spoiler for The Arcs:
Old 2007-12-23, 01:30   Link #378
MarthX

You really shouldn't take what you hear in the first chapter of Umineko with face value.
Old 2007-12-23, 01:35   Link #379
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
You really shouldn't take what you hear in the first chapter of Umineko with face value.
These are just theories based on facts from Bernkastel and Beatrice's Tea Party, the altered piece 52 and Saikoroshi-hen

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
So its not over yet?
Well there wouldn't be a need for a season 3 if it was
Old 2007-12-24, 07:43   Link #380
rinjichan
Sweet-Tooth Founder

Send a message via AIM to rinjichan Send a message via Yahoo to rinjichan
I just watched the last episode of the anime, and after things wrap up there's a small epilogue. I was told that it was supposed to relate to Saikoroshi-hen but I'm really not sure how
Spoiler:

Last edited by rinjichan; 2007-12-24 at 07:44. Reason: tags
Closed Thread