Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-11-10, 22:19   Link #1
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
narutofan.com biased?

It has come to our attention that narutofan.com is deliberately delaying annoucing Dattebayo's releases because one of their admins is friends with one of Anime-Heaven's members. I just thought that fans of Naruto might like to know this when they think about what fansite they'd like to support.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:21   Link #2
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

That sounds like some serious stuff. I've been trying to get the episode today. Is there anywhere else besides narutofan you can release it at? What about animesuki?
Old 2004-11-10, 22:23   Link #3
Alchemist

Do you think anybody who cares enough about naruto to go to a fansite would get their news from ONLY that site?

EDIT: lol @ ShurikenJay.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:27   Link #4
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Just because YOU come to Anime-Suki to get your anime dosn't mean others do.

Your average Joe Sixpack would obviously come to the conclusion that a dedicated Naruto website would announce new episodes swifter then some torrent hub.

And it is these Joe Sixpacks that are being denied by this action.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:31   Link #5
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
Just because YOU come to Anime-Suki to get your anime dosn't mean others do.

Your average Joe Sixpack would obviously come to the conclusion that a dedicated Naruto website would announce new episodes swifter then some torrent hub.

And it is these Joe Sixpacks that are being denied by this action.
Well excuse me I don't come to animesuki that often to download anime, I use DC++. You don't have to tell me that an injustice has been served I was simply asking if there was another way to inform the fans of the new release besides Narutofan. I don't go in IRC channels and all that so I'm not completely aware of how the process works. But if there is a problem with Narutofan it can be discussed I'm just saying I want Naruto 108! Is that so much to ask?
Old 2004-11-10, 22:34   Link #6
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
I didn't quote you.

My post was directed at the one directly above mine.

If I was talking to you, two posts above, I would have quoted you.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:39   Link #7
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

So...if NF is deliberately doing this, why not talk to the NF Admins about it instead of posting rumors here?

Because thats all it is, a rumor. You've given no evidence to support your claim and for all we know it could be bullshit.
Old 2004-11-10, 22:58   Link #8
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komataguri
I didn't quote you.

My post was directed at the one directly above mine.

If I was talking to you, two posts above, I would have quoted you.
Well in that case I take it back, I was in a defensive mood
Quote:
Originally Posted by socomberetta
So...if NF is deliberately doing this, why not talk to the NF Admins about it instead of posting rumors here?

Because thats all it is, a rumor. You've given no evidence to support your claim and for all we know it could be bullshit.
Yes thats true. What are we supposed to do? Boycott NarutoFan based on what we can only discern is a rumor? And about my earlier question, if its out where can we get it? If you showed us how to get the episode and let us know how NarutoFan is causing you this trouble we'd be more sympathetic.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:06   Link #9
Zek
Eyebrows...

Where is your proof, lanfear? According to the front page, NarutoFan posted your episode before AnimeSuki did. I'm not seeing any bias.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:06   Link #10
lanfear
DB Editor/Timer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to lanfear
Anything I post on here will be a "rumor" because you can always choose to believe or not believe anything I say. However I will explain to you where I'm coming from, and you can judge for yourself.

The evidence I have is that DaDogin from NF is a halfop in Anime-Heaven's IRC channel, and was telling people earler in that channel to not download DB's release, but to wait for Anime-Heaven's release. When we private messaged him to ask what he had against DB, he said that he was friends with Xirius, one of the AH operators. He was aware of our release but no post was made on NF, and I was told by another AH op that he was delaying the annoucement so that AH's release could be announced first.

I see that our release has been announced on NF's front page. I realize that this wasn't the end of the world. But as I said, I just wanted to make people aware of the bias so that they could take it into account when decided what fansite they wanted to support.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:09   Link #11
BrownRukus

does it like really matter? like omg a site is out to get us...

Plus mayb this guy from AH has issues with the DB since u know the history and it's funny that a DB editor posted this thread to me atleast.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:14   Link #12
sinistral
SOS団

a diplomatic issue should be resolved in a diplomatic way. If that admin from NF is delaying your release, what can you do ? Its 'his' website and he can do what ever he wants... If he doesn't want to announce DB release, then no choice.. sooner or later AnimeSuki will show your release
Old 2004-11-10, 23:16   Link #13
Moiraine
High Priestess of DB
*Fansubber

Dadogin was not involved in any way with our split from AH. I do no believe I ever saw him there when we were still working for them.
And why is it funny that a DB editor, or as I should correctly say, co-founder of DB, would post this? It only matters to DB, as far as I can tell. I feel that administrators of Naruto Fan sites should not play favorites and actively attempt to keep people from knowing about a release if it is their purpose to bring Naruto to the fans. That is what I like about Naruto Fan, the fact that announce any and all releases.

Moiraine - DB Co-founder & YBAST Editor
Old 2004-11-10, 23:29   Link #14
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

You know its really sad that we can't avoid politics een in this type of situation. People should be more mature than this. All we fans want is to watch Naruto and other anime without having quarrels over who gets it out first. We don't need people trying to silence each other and bicker about letting a site advertise a rival fansubber thats just pathetic. If this is all true I say the one responsible outta be ashamed of himself and I for one would have to second guess if I want to download his sub when he is busy playing politics and ruining the fun for everyone else. You don't get paid for fansubbing, its an almost thankless job. I'd just like to say I and many other Naruto fans appreciate the work all the fansubbers do to get out their releases for us to enjoy, you have my respect. I'd do it for the fans if I had the resources. I hope noone stops or delays their fansub because of any rival trying to sabatoge their episode's release. That would be a tragedy for the whole fan community.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:30   Link #15
BrownRukus

I don't understand why this matters, just a site that delays the announce of a group, so there preferred group can go up first. And bout ppl saying other shit about other groups that's a given it happens everywhere, especially Naruto fanubs.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:32   Link #16
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
You know its really sad that we can't avoid politics een in this type of situation. People should be more mature than this. All we fans want is to watch Naruto and other anime without having quarrels over who gets it out first. We don't need people trying to silence each other and bicker about letting a site advertise a rival fansubber thats just pathetic. If this is all true I say the one responsible outta be ashamed of himself and I for one would have to second guess if I want to download his sub when he is busy playing politics and ruining the fun for everyone else. You don't get paid for fansubbing, its an almost thankless job. I'd just like to say I and many other Naruto fans appreciate the work all the fansubbers do to get out their releases for us to enjoy, you have my respect. I'd do it for the fans if I had the resources. I hope noone stops or delays their fansub because of any rival trying to sabatoge their episode's release. That would be a tragedy for the whole fan community.

umm bout that paid busniess, it happens in the fansub busniess. Most likely they pay the TL a certain amount of money. I could tell some names, but that would be politics.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:36   Link #17
Srin Tuar
無謀

db is known for decent quality speed subs. Personally I take exception with their translations (the serifu they gave naruto in 107 was really out of character, imo) but I'm sure NF will always post them ASAP, its a pretty neutral site.

Besides, db is a million times better than some of the older speedsubbers like bakafish.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:37   Link #18
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownRukus
umm bout that paid busniess, it happens in the fansub busniess. Most likely they pay the TL a certain amount of money. I could tell some names, but that would be politics.
IS THERE NO PURITY IN THE WORLD ANYMORE?????!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding. I know they get donations and stuff but its not like they are a functioning distribution company. So how does the fansub business pay off? Screw politics this is business, good old fashion capitalism.
Old 2004-11-10, 23:38   Link #19
socomberetta
Dreaming of you.

See...all of this could have been handled discreetly and cleanly by confronting NF instead of posting this here.

From what Lanfear says, it seems only one admin from NF has shown bias against your group. That is a far cry from saying all of NF.com has shown you the same treatment...
Old 2004-11-10, 23:40   Link #20
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShurikenJay
IS THERE NO PURITY IN THE WORLD ANYMORE?????!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding. I know they get donations and stuff but its not like they are a functioning distribution company. So how does the fansub business pay off? Screw politics this is business, good old fashion capitalism.

LoL, i don't mean donations. The TL was actually paid by paypal, and i don't if he is currently still being paid.
Closed Thread