AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

View Poll Results: Who’s Under the Mask?
Madara 104 32.91%
Madara’s Son 14 4.43%
Madara’s Clone 30 9.49%
Madara’s Ghost/Soul/Poltergeist given shape... 33 10.44%
Obito 59 18.67%
Obito’s Body, but not really Obito... 55 17.41%
Someone else’s body (not Obito’s)... 21 6.65%
Zetsu’s Love Child... 23 7.28%
Tobirama/Sarutobi/or anyone with a 'tobi' in their name... 16 5.06%
Bruce Wayne or other… 69 21.84%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 316. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2010-08-26, 20:06   Link #301
chase66

sorry it has been revealed that tobi is in fact madara uchiha as he told all the leaders of the nations of his moon-eye plan
chase66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-26, 20:54   Link #302
Suomi
Kaiba

Mm, not necessarily it hasn't.

And I know he didn't reveal it...I was all ready, like "are we finally gonna see it?" (psshh, as if. It's Kishi we're talking about here.) and then we don't even see his face.
....>.< I'm not expecting to find out any time soon.
Old 2010-08-27, 13:17   Link #303
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Tobi is definetly a retard . But even though him being a retard.... i still believe....
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-02, 04:40   Link #304
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I have a new crackpot theory!

Spoiler for Identity of Tobi:
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-02, 12:33   Link #305
Dekuina

So i was reading the the current manga discussion and something brought me to Tobirama Senju's Naruto wiki page. (curiosity, mostly..)

I quote:
"According to the Fourth Hokage, Tobirama was also very skilled in space-time ninjutsu.[3]"

*cough cough*

It also said Tobirama was killed on the battlefield ..OR DID HE??? !!!!!

Time for my morning coffee. And sorry if this crackpot theory has already been mentioned in the thread. (not going to sift through 16 pages)

addition:
On a second thought, he should be sealed inside the belly of shinigami

gahh....then maybe Tobi has something related to the 2nd hokage.

Last edited by Dekuina; 2010-09-02 at 12:38. Reason: rethought
Dekuina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 02:46   Link #306
colorles
kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I have a new crackpot theory!

Spoiler for Identity of Tobi:
i'm quite familiar with a 'future Sasuke' theory, although i have never heard the 'future Kakashi' theory, not too sure about it lol. Furure Sasuke actually has some merit though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekuina View Post
So i was reading the the current manga discussion and something brought me to Tobirama Senju's Naruto wiki page. (curiosity, mostly..)

I quote:
"According to the Fourth Hokage, Tobirama was also very skilled in space-time ninjutsu.[3]"

*cough cough*

It also said Tobirama was killed on the battlefield ..OR DID HE??? !!!!!

Time for my morning coffee. And sorry if this crackpot theory has already been mentioned in the thread. (not going to sift through 16 pages)

addition:
On a second thought, he should be sealed inside the belly of shinigami

gahh....then maybe Tobi has something related to the 2nd hokage.
i brought this up on anouther board once, that Tobirama killed all of the kinkaku squad, faked his death, and became Tobi. has merit with the space time thing, although the sharingan could be an implant and not EMS at all, and the space/time warping ability of Tobi is Tobirama's. then theres hair color and a few other things, but it is possible. Kishi made Tobi to be this way, so that there could be litterally 1000's of different theories, a smart move by Kishi, keeps interest in the manga like keeping kakashi masked. still though, i feel that Tobi and Kakashi have some sort of connection, you know what i mean. either that or Tobi is Izuna Uchiha

Last edited by james0246; 2010-09-04 at 14:28.
colorles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-04, 12:46   Link #307
yakumo-chan

the only thing that makes Naruto interesting is because of tobi and the "who will Naruto get married to"

anyways... I still think tobi could not be Madara but has a connection to Madara...
Old 2010-09-04, 22:55   Link #308
Suomi
Kaiba

Maybe we'll see something now that he's obv. gonna
Spoiler for chpt 108:

Not that it will necessarily give it away. Because no;Naruto needs to go on for another year.

but who knows what'll happen. I'm going to withold any "TOBI IS DEFINITELY ___" statements. Rather I call my ideas "speculations/theories"
Old 2010-09-05, 02:11   Link #309
Cael
Lurker Mode

I like the Tobi = Tobirama theory, except there's one obvious problem. Tobirama is dead and this is confirmed when he is summoned by Oro. His soul has also been sealed in the deathgod.
Cael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-05, 16:08   Link #310
Spelt

Who is not the question. The question is what and the answer is: AWESOME
Old 2010-09-05, 16:22   Link #311
The Number 3
The 3

Tobi is Madara. As it stands now, that is canon.
The rest is mere speculation.
The Number 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 01:58   Link #312
LuckyFace

Thumbs up

I would say he is Madara:

LuckyFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 07:22   Link #313
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

^ Reasonable speculation since Kishimoto must have a reason for teasing us with what he looks like under the mask.
Old 2010-09-06, 11:03   Link #314
Slayerx

Tobi is actually.... a common Earthworm
If you look at all the clues then it's quite obvious he was an earthworm all along
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-06, 15:13   Link #315
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Does he also have great big muscles and a really big ray gun?
Old 2010-09-10, 19:36   Link #316
SoLiOZuZ

I'm not sure whose body or what that thing is, for all we know it could be Shisui's body w/a sharingan from another body? But the identity of that individual, well let's just say it's not that far off anymore, I mean, I think we call kinda have our own guesses at this point.

Personally, I am a fan of the whole, "it's Madara's younger brother who apparently never died and is just out to carry out the destruction of the leaf..." It makes the most sense to me, at least at the moment for now...

Why?

- Because he was scared shitless when Kabuto showed him the real body of Madara
- Because he has distinct knowledge of all three elements of fighting
- Because he has ample knowledge of the time in which Madara existed
- Because no one can impersonate you better than your own brother

Being your brother is a nice cover identity as well, especially if you lived in his shadow your entire life. No one would even grasp the possibility that it isn't Madara and when people make assumptions about you, they'll never be able to hit it dead on...

How did he get his eyes back? Zetsu, performing eye surgery or re-constructive surgery on Obito, but I'd like to entertain the fact that Madara has been seen w/3 different types of bodies throughout the series.

- The current one he has and is losing to Konan (most probably Shisui's body).
- The one he approached Itachi with (most probably Obito's).
- The one he used to fight against Yondaime (most probably another body).

At this point, I might even speculate to state that Zetsu may have filled in for Madara at one point or another, but I'll wait until I have some more concrete proof for that. But as it stands, Tobi is really Madara's younger brother and it would seem that he's currently using Shisui's body, as that was the one most readily available and could easily be kept on stock pile.

And all of this below just supports my analysis further:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
LOOK! even Kakashi said so that

Kakashi : "Considering his plan, I doubt it could be anyone else"

Haha it looks like Kakashi is with us!! kakashi is an obito fan! haha.... joke.....

anyways..... I believe with kakashi.... because as we all know Madara is supposed to be an avenger not a peace maker.... that maybe the reason why kakashi said that....

Kabuto : you go by madara these days.. dont you???

If you can see in this 2nd picture of mine..... Kabuto said "I would come greet you, Tobi"

now why would he said tobi in the first place when he know he is the real madara??? then he said you go by madara this days after saying tobi?
isnt that supposed to be suspicious??

and this picture is also a clue...
Spoiler for too big:
This post exemplifies that Tobi isn't who he claims to be in front of everyone else. That was just an innate lie to throw everyone off and at this point in time, regardless of his body, based on the circumstantial proof, odds are the individual is his brother and it really cannot be anyone else. No one else would claim to be Madara and even if they did, their story of Madara would not be as detailed as his (explanation to Sasuke).

Kabuto finding his real body and putting up on display shows that not only is Tobi lying about who he says but that the real Madara was definitely in the coffin because you cannot resurrect the soul of a living person, at least not with the jutsu Kabuto is using.

Last edited by SoLiOZuZ; 2010-09-10 at 20:12. Reason: Added More Information
SoLiOZuZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 21:53   Link #317
james0246

I re-opened the Poll for anyone that hasn't voted. I can scrap the whole thing, start over, and add additionally options if you (the several that still read this thread), would like?
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 01:53   Link #318
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLiOZuZ View Post
I'm not sure whose body or what that thing is, for all we know it could be Shisui's body w/a sharingan from another body? But the identity of that individual, well let's just say it's not that far off anymore, I mean, I think we call kinda have our own guesses at this point.

Personally, I am a fan of the whole, "it's Madara's younger brother who apparently never died and is just out to carry out the destruction of the leaf..." It makes the most sense to me, at least at the moment for now...

Why?

- Because he was scared shitless when Kabuto showed him the real body of Madara
- Because he has distinct knowledge of all three elements of fighting
- Because he has ample knowledge of the time in which Madara existed
- Because no one can impersonate you better than your own brother

Being your brother is a nice cover identity as well, especially if you lived in his shadow your entire life. No one would even grasp the possibility that it isn't Madara and when people make assumptions about you, they'll never be able to hit it dead on...
My only gripe with this theory would be that Madara's brother, or virtually anyone from Madara's generation would be too old by the current timeline of the story. So I have to wonder how it is that it could be anyone from that time. Now, I'm not saying that it's impossible. We have seen other people who've lived for many years, such as Kakuzu and Sasori, who've found ways to extend their life time. But that's just one possibility. Tobi could still be anyone because I find it difficult that Madara's brother could have developed an immortality jutsu after his eyes were taken from him. And I also see Madara as the type of person who'd want to create an immortality jutsu for himself so I don't see him creating one for his brother. Otherwise, both Madara and Tobi would be alive right now and Kabuto would never have gotten his hands on Madara's body. And if it was Madara's brother, then I also believe that his goal was nothing more than the destruction of Konoha to avenge Madara's humiliation, but the truth is that Tobi wants to obtain all of the Biiju to reawaken the Jyuubi. That said, Tobi definitely isn't trying to avenge anyone.

Anyone could have great skill with all three fighting elements. Kakashi himself isn't too shabby with anyone of those, and much of it can be attributed to his Sharingan. Tobi also has the Sharingan, so it makes that one a moot point. The knowledge of Madara's time that he displayed was only given to a few people when it was convenient for him. He told Sasuke the story of Madara to mold Sasuke's opinions of the leaf and get him to his side. It's difficult to know if Tobi was telling him the truth, and there was no one else alive to confirm it, seeing as Sandaime, Kakuzu and Chiyo were dead. You could say the same for the time he confronted Naruto in the Samurai country. He said what he said simply to pit Naruto against Sasuke. And anyone can impersonate someone who'se long been thought dead because no one would be able to remember what Madara was like before he left the Leaf.

One thing I am certain of, though, is that the body Kabuto showed Tobi was Madara's real body. That itself is a good hint that Tobi is in fact someone else, and not Madara. But this does not prove that it's Madara's brother either. Anyone impersonating someone else would be scared shitless if someone showed them they have the proof that would reveal to everyone he's not who he says he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoLiOZuZ View Post
How did he get his eyes back? Zetsu, performing eye surgery or re-constructive surgery on Obito, but I'd like to entertain the fact that Madara has been seen w/3 different types of bodies throughout the series.

- The current one he has and is losing to Konan (most probably Shisui's body).
- The one he approached Itachi with (most probably Obito's).
- The one he used to fight against Yondaime (most probably another body).

At this point, I might even speculate to state that Zetsu may have filled in for Madara at one point or another, but I'll wait until I have some more concrete proof for that. But as it stands, Tobi is really Madara's younger brother and it would seem that he's currently using Shisui's body, as that was the one most readily available and could easily be kept on stock pile.
This may very well be likely if we assume that Tobi is indeed Madara's brother. His immortality jutsu may be similar to Orochimaru's own technique if this is the case. If it's true, then Tobi would probably end up saying that Orochimaru's technique wasn't his, but it was his. I could see this happening seeing as Kishi's making Tobi look like Aizen now, after revealing that he was the one who gave Nagato the Rinnegan and that he spurred Yahiko into creating the Akatsuki. But I have to ask you why you think he's using Shisui's body? If it's because of the teleportation technique he uses, then you should remember that Tobi used that technique against Minato as well, and that was supposedly someone else's body and not Shisui's.
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-11, 06:30   Link #319
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Tobis this guy, their both pretty simular wouldn't you agree?

Old 2010-09-11, 14:46   Link #320
Queen darkness
Lady of mystery

Location: In the darkness the only place for me to feel alive.
Send a message via Yahoo to Queen darkness
He's madara.
Queen darkness is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tobi