AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-09, 00:55   Link #4481
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nontype View Post
So who chose what to cut/keep? The director or Series composer?
It's mostly the series composer. Directors tend to be responsible for higher level decisions (and it's their job to approve the the submitted work), but the actual execution is up to the series composer.

For instance, a director usually speaks with the series composer and original author/publisher about the arcs to include and the style to follow. However, the latter is responsible for drafting the series outline and episode breakdown (which are then sent off to any other writers assigned to a show).
Old 2011-01-09, 02:22   Link #4482
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
What I'd do for Yasu would be:

A) You see everything from her visual POV, and see words when she speaks, but other characters are voiced.

B) Again, her POV, with the voice of Beatrice, Claire, or Lion.. or something like that.

I'd love for Yasu to just be shown though.
We'd probably get Claire's voice, since she's narrating Yasu's character like an actor...and Clair would probably have Beato's voice.

So basically Yasu will probably sound like Moetrice.

Quote:
Wouldn't Yasu just look like Lion? I mean they ARE the same person.

Just Lion in a maid outfit with the same seiyuu would make sense to me.
Bern says that this isn't what Lion actually looks like, and that she just gave him/her a "placeholder image" to keep Yasu's true form a mystery. We know for a fact that Yasu doesn't have blonde hair, since s/he specifically gives her imaginary Beatrice personality that color hair for Battler.
Old 2011-01-09, 02:41   Link #4483
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Bern says that this isn't what Lion actually looks like, and that she just gave him/her a "placeholder image" to keep Yasu's true form a mystery. We know for a fact that Yasu doesn't have blonde hair, since s/he specifically gives her imaginary Beatrice personality that color hair for Battler.
Maybe Yasu could have Lion's voice but physically possess a blend of Shannon, Kanon, and Beatrice's physical features.

I just know what you should be doing.
Old 2011-01-09, 03:00   Link #4484
Baru

Send a message via AIM to Baru
Quote:
Originally Posted by immblueversion View Post
Maybe Yasu could have Lion's voice but physically possess a blend of Shannon, Kanon, and Beatrice's physical features.
In the anime Shannon, Kanon, and Beatrice all have blue eyes. So it'd really just depend on what they wanna go with for the hair color and style.
Old 2011-01-09, 03:03   Link #4485
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

I highly doubt it. I don't see us going nearly an entire arc without Sayaka's trademark voice, and Clair/Yasu are pretty much synonymous. The alternative is to think that Shannon's love causes Beatrice's voice to change, even though Clair/Yasu takes the classic cackle and manner of speech from Gaap in the first world modification.

And they're no way Lion would get Beato's voice. Aside from being highly inappropriate, it'd spoil the twist of Lion's nature.
Old 2011-01-09, 03:31   Link #4486
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
And they're no way Lion would get Beato's voice. Aside from being highly inappropriate, it'd spoil the twist of Lion's nature.
Lion would probably get a female voice actress anyway.

Old 2011-01-09, 03:43   Link #4487
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Lion would probably get a female voice actress anyway.
Maybe Yasu and Clair could be played by Sayaka Ohara, but Lion could have an entirely original voice. I know Lion is Yasu, but since Yasu's appearance is a placeholder for what Yasu may have looked like, which is said to be different from the way Lion looks, they could use a "placeholder" voice as well. Then again, since Yasu's voice is heard, to make Lion's voice different would make it harder for viewers to grasp the connection between the characters without it being stated outright. That or Ohara could play Lion as well and make the voices of each character she'd play distinguishable.

But as long as we're speculating voices should Lion's voice be different, and as I stated before, when I think of androgyny in anime, the first person I think of is Maaya Sakamoto. She played Crona (a character of intentionally ambiguous gender) in Soul Eater, and Hikaru (a girl convincingly disguised as a boy) in Ouran High School Host Club.

Old 2011-01-09, 03:47   Link #4488
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Wouldn't Yasu just look like Lion? I mean they ARE the same person.
Spoiler for EP8 spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Just Lion in a maid outfit with the same seiyuu would make sense to me.
The VA should be the same, it'd make sense, but as it has been said, it'd spoil Lion's identity and her relation to Beato. Well, we've already had shared VA's before in Umineko, though. So, as long as Ohara doesn't use the exact same voice while voicing Lion, it'd be possible to pull it off.
Old 2011-01-09, 11:14   Link #4489
neutrino

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambdabern View Post
It would probably be more plausible yes.But i don't really think that after the failure of the first season they will attempt another one.Oh well one can dream!
Everybody brings up the low sales of the DVDs after the first couple, but how much of that is due to the Great Recession? What are the comparisons with currently released series? The current season has an anime inspired by a pachinko game, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was some anime version of Chiru.

Quote:
One Hour OVAs for each episode? GOD NO. The anime tried to cram EPs into roughly three hours of content and it still didn't work.
If it still didn't work for a full cour, maybe the way to go is what was suggested before: have Ryuu07 extract the main themes in a shorter form, like the Rebuild of Evangelion or The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Old 2011-01-09, 15:48   Link #4490
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Quote:
Then again, since Yasu's voice is heard, to make Lion's voice different would make it harder for viewers to grasp the connection between the characters without it being stated outright. That or Ohara could play Lion as well and make the voices of each character she'd play distinguishable.
Well, Will DOES say outright that they're the same person before Clair does her thing. Lion should not get Ohara's voice. S/He just shouldn't. If Lion gets any reused voice, it should be Shannon's or Kanon's or something.

Quote:
Hikaru (a girl convincingly disguised as a boy)
You mean Haruhi?

Quote:
If it still didn't work for a full cour, maybe the way to go is what was suggested before: have Ryuu07 extract the main themes in a shorter form, like the Rebuild of Evangelion or The French Lieutenant's Woman.
Rebuild of Evangelion is not something to compare this too; it's not really an extraction of the original's themes at all, since the production team is changing themes and plot elements and basically constructing a new plot with a different aesop at the end.
Old 2011-01-09, 15:53   Link #4491
KazePT
Witch Hunter

Yasu has a "body deformity", caused by that accident that Natsuhi provoked right?
I don't know what kind of deformity it is, but if it is something very noticeable physically she shouldn't look exactly like Lion, even being the same person.
Old 2011-01-13, 23:28   Link #4492
Kapateen
Duct Tape Wielder

Why does Zepar have Mitsuki Saiga listed as a voice actor and Furfur as Eri Sendai?
Old 2011-01-13, 23:46   Link #4493
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapateen View Post
Why does Zepar have Mitsuki Saiga listed as a voice actor and Furfur as Eri Sendai?
They appear in the video game Ougon Musou Kyoku as announcers. Those are their official voices chosen by 07th Expansion, since all the other characters that appear in the game are voiced by their official voice actors as well.

This makes them the only Chiru characters to date who have official seiyuu. Word has it that 07th Expansion already has someone in mind to play Erika, but who it is is currently under wraps until the need for her to be voiced arises. This was in an interview regarding the possibility of a sequel to the PS3 port Majo to Suiri no Rondo.

(And before you hear anything about there not being plans to port Chiru, they mean they have no plans to port it to any console other than the PS3, or to release a full edition version of Umineko containing all eight episodes).

Old 2011-01-13, 23:49   Link #4494
Asunaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapateen View Post
I think It's because they appeared in the figthing game,Ogon Musou Kyoku and were voiced by them. :')
Old 2011-01-22, 02:03   Link #4495
immblueversion

So, just for the heck of it:

Umineko Chiru character seiyuu speculations. What are yours?

Below are mine.

Spoiler for Seiyuu wish list:

Old 2011-01-22, 02:51   Link #4496
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Miyano Mamoru as Will and Sakamoto Maaya as Lion will make me laugh so hard.

(even more so because they'd actually fit.)
Old 2011-01-22, 03:32   Link #4497
immblueversion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirroha View Post
Miyano Mamoru as Will and Sakamoto Maaya as Lion will make me laugh so hard.

(even more so because they'd actually fit.)
To be honest, Miyano would be my second choice.

Old 2011-01-22, 03:42   Link #4498
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Haha. That makes it even better.

Isn't Soichiro the voice actor for Keiichi?
Old 2011-01-22, 03:49   Link #4499
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Maaya's a bit too obviously feminine to be Lion, I think. Megumi Ogata, and others like her, would be better.
Old 2011-01-22, 03:59   Link #4500
Kirroha
Just... disturbed.

Maaya's voiced Kanonlike boys before that have a more masculine voice that what I expect for Lion. She'll probably do it pretty well.
Closed Thread