AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2004-11-12, 01:00   Link #41
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

There are some really nice models and gashapon here. I'm going to add some photos I took at a friends house. He's got a huge collection. Really huge! Consider this to be a taste of what a real collector's collection can look like. Note that these are all gashapon. He's got some nice models also, but I didn't bother posting photos of them since he mostly collects the little figures.

Spoiler for a crowded display cabinet of gasphapon with 4 shelves:

Spoiler for In front of his TV:

Spoiler for One really HUGE shelf:

Spoiler for Miscellaneous Gasphapon scattered about including a wonderful Tsukihime set:

Now that's a real collection!! Quiver in fear of his gashapon army.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 02:16   Link #42
LynnieS

OMG... That's some collection your friend has, NSW. I'm especially envious of his Tsukihime collection; I want a figure of Arcurid wearing the gown. I have the Ciel figure, though, but mine is transparent. Did he paint it?

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 03:15   Link #43
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
OMG... That's some collection your friend has, NSW. I'm especially envious of his Tsukihime collection; I want a figure of Arcurid wearing the gown. I have the Ciel figure, though, but mine is transparent. Did he paint it?
Nope. Gashapon usually come in colors though some assembly is required. This is the sort of little figures that was traditionally sold in little plastic balls they got randomly out of vending machines.

Though the Tsukihime set did have a number of crystal figures so that you could paint them yourself. I guess you got the crystal Ciel if yours is transparent.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 03:35   Link #44
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Wow, this is Otaku-class of collection...I'm not worthy!
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 03:36   Link #45
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Spoiler:
Wow. Now that is a huge collection! How much money did he spend on those? Oh my gosh.
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 05:29   Link #46
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
T

Omg, very very impressive, and here I am with only a few figurines
He also has some of the Ikkitousen figurines, I'm still looking for them.

The first one to identify all the characters gets a cookie
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 07:45   Link #47
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Wow. Now that is a huge collection! How much money did he spend on those? Oh my gosh.
Gashapon are really quite cheap at $2 a figure.It's only expensive if you are aiming for a complete collection of a set of figs at which you tend to get lots of extras.Now there are places you can get a complete set of figs at $20-$30 a set.

Then there are much larger version of Gashapon figs which comes in boxes instead of capsules with random figs in the box.Those are known as Trading Figures and cost up to $7 a box......

In both case, it's good if you can find a community in which to trade extras.

Here's something cute as an example of trading figures.

MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-12, 16:42   Link #48
Darkoniknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
Gashapon are really quite cheap at $2 a figure.It's only expensive if you are aiming for a complete collection of a set of figs at which you tend to get lots of extras.Now there are places you can get a complete set of figs at $20-$30 a set.

Then there are much larger version of Gashapon figs which comes in boxes instead of capsules with random figs in the box.Those are known as Trading Figures and cost up to $7 a box......

In both case, it's good if you can find a community in which to trade extras.

Here's something cute as an example of trading figures.

Yep yep thats true. Gashapon figures are pretty cheap, and are fairly easy to build a collection out of. Next are trading figures, than regular figures, than vinyl statues, than pvc statues, and finally resin statues. Heres an estimate on the pricing range.

Let see

Gashapon figures-$2-$3

Trading figures-$7-$10

Figures-$15-$20

Vinyl statues-$15-$30

Pvc statues-$25-$50

Resin statues-$80-$300!

KEEP IN MIND IT COULD VARY DEPENDING ON THE ITEM TYPE AND RARITY OF THE TIME YOUR GETTING.

That gashapon collection is pretty big though, must at least cost $150 bucks if not more!

Im trying to collect mostly resin statues right now, but I only have 3 statues and I already spent about $187 dollars on my collection. Not much of a collection yet.
Darkoniknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 05:14   Link #49
LynnieS

Quote:
http://www5b.biglobe.ne.jp/~astaroth/figure/2004/maihime_hgif/maihime_hgif.htm.

Yup, the same. Bandai lowered the price down to 200 yen. Good decision too. Those figs are OK for 200 yen fig but nothing special.There's better stuffs out there.
Either the "Mai-HiME" gashpons were really popular or just the opposite because none of the machines that were there a month ago in Akihabara was there today. What is the half-life of these things anyway?

I did, however, complete my collection of this series and picked up the Mai and Natsuki figures. Yes, I cheated by going to a store, but it's either that or go to every anime-related place to look for a gashapon machine.

Whoever thought the bracelets and anklets would be cool for Mai needs to be punished by having to attach them to her gashpon. Those things took a really long time to put on, and I still don't dare touch the thing afterwards!

The Eva Christmas figures from another post in this thread are also out, but I only found them in the UFO Catchers. The no-good, cheatin' UFO Catchers at which I blew 2000 yen in 5 minutes... Good looking figures, though, but I'll go to a store next time...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 05:42   Link #50
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Either the "Mai-HiME" gashpons were really popular or just the opposite because none of the machines that were there a month ago in Akihabara was there today. What is the half-life of these things anyway?
AFAIK, these things tend to have pretty limited production runs and some of them disappear quick.

Quote:
I did, however, complete my collection of this series and picked up the Mai and Natsuki figures. Yes, I cheated by going to a store, but it's either that or go to every anime-related place to look for a gashapon machine.
Half the fun to collectors is to feed money to the machine, in anticipation of what might come out next. Like I said if you can find people to trade extras with, it's cheaper then getting them in one complete set from a store.

Quote:
Whoever thought the bracelets and anklets would be cool for Mai needs to be punished by having to attach them to her gashpon. Those things took a really long time to put on, and I still don't dare touch the thing afterwards!
If you watched the anime, those wheels are ugly compared compared to their animated counter parts.

Here's a better upcoming version of Mai-Hime figs by CMS.

Bandai can never really make any above average figs of anime girls.The only figs they are good with is of Mechas.
Old 2004-11-13, 06:37   Link #51
wao
OK.

NSW: You have a very scary friend there, and I'll leave it at that O_O

Those Mai-Hime figures do look better than the previous ones - the Natsuki one's hilarious - but c'mon, what's up with the hands being so big? And Natsuki's ears look a bit big too...

Nao's pose is cool, but what's up with Fumi and those boobs...
Old 2004-11-13, 06:57   Link #52
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Heh, I just bought my first figurines today with the Fullmetal Alchemist Trading Arts Vol. 2. I only wanted King Bradley and picked 3 to test my luck. What happened is that I ended up with what I wanted, the 'Special' of the set and the best detailed figurine of the lot. Now what kind of first time buyer's luck is that?

The figurine I wanted!
FMA's Wrath aka King Bradley!

The Special Figurine!!!

Ed, Al and Winry in their childhood.

Izumi Curtis
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 07:27   Link #53
wao
OK.

Yebyosh - did you get those from Comics Connection? If not, where?... Somehow those look familiar...

EDIT: And that Bradley one is awesome, IMO.
Old 2004-11-13, 07:37   Link #54
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Yebyosh - did you get those from Comics Connection? If not, where?... Somehow those look familiar...

EDIT: And that Bradley one is awesome, IMO.
He said he bought those 3 figs in a box.AFAIK, CC always sell those kind of figs as a set, not in their original "tikam" (random) format.

Here's the entire FMA Trading Arts series in all their glory.

Old 2004-11-13, 08:05   Link #55
sarcasteak
WAHA~

Quote:
Here's the entire FMA Trading Arts series in all their glory.
No Al?
sarcasteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 08:18   Link #56
wao
OK.

Really? I went to CC in Clementi and when I inquired about some FMA figurines they were displaying there, the person showed me some boxes and said I have to choose the boxes and get a random figure...

I was a bit short on cash so I didn't try But I'd have loooooved to get the Ed and Roy ones, why, cos Roy is sexy and Ed looks good... and even the Bradley one's nice

EDIT: Aaah, and while I have no figurines of my own (okay, AGES ago I had these pokemon ones... So fun figuring out exactly which pokemon they were, I had no idea... I couldn't recognize Scyther :P), I suppose I should contribute. OMG LOOK! Fafner figures yay~
Not very close up shot, but while Shouko (casual) looks okay her legs are awfully thin, and Alvis-girl is so scary ;_;
Old 2004-11-13, 08:28   Link #57
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarcasteak
No Al?
Oops.Forgot to pul Al in there.

Here's a compromise.

Old 2004-11-13, 08:30   Link #58
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Yes, I bought them at CC ( Bishan's branch ) and yes, I did pick 3 boxes ( tikam tikam format ) only thinking about getting Bradley but by luck of the draw, got those 2 others as well

MakubeX2 is indeed missing the metallic looking Alphonse from his FMA Trading Arts Vol 1 & 2.

Heh heh, and it looks like I put Winry facing slightly off. Luckily they need not be glued so it is a quick fix

Finally, Wrath is of course awesome! I am talking about the original manga version of course
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 12:15   Link #59
Dempsey_Roll

by the way anybody know whether any online store selling hajime no ippo figurines ?
Dempsey_Roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-11-13, 22:20   Link #60
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
I really love that one!

Now for the figures I have... first, there are the Kayodo figures of Asuka and Rei:

Whereas I have the original version of the Rei figure, which looks much better than the repaint version imo. Paid 16€ for each iirc.
I just have them in my favorite pose all the time: Asuka with her hand on her hips, and Rei holding the Lance.

Then I have two Resin figures of Asuka, one in her plugsuit sitting on her side, and another with her in underwear pulling her shirt over her head, and one of Rei standing in her plugsuit.
Finally, I also have a very nice one of Galaxy Fräulein Yuna which I could get real cheap.

Quote:

Only qualms I have about the above set is that Rei and Asuka doesn't look 14....
Yes, they messed up there... otherwise, a very nice set
Lina Inverse is offline   Reply With Quote