AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your Favourite SHUFFLE! girl?
Asa 122 43.88%
Kaede 68 24.46%
Kareha 9 3.24%
Lisianthus 16 5.76%
Mayumi 8 2.88%
Nerine 30 10.79%
Primula 25 8.99%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-01-11, 02:23   Link #841
Dxon
Inactive Member

It's all in the eyes dude! It's eyes! And for anime and manga, its true!
The eyes are the most important part of the character. Draw those wrong and bam! He/She/It is something totally else. ^^
By giving Ama the same kind of eyes the youngsters(lol..) have, you make her just as cute! ^^
Easy, right?
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-11, 02:27   Link #842
Sakura_Kinomoto
Kaede/Ama Fan boy

I couldn't have said it better myself, I would have to say that Ama is easily one of my favourite characters ^^
Sakura_Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 17:31   Link #843
Ketro

I would have voted for Asa if the polls were still up I wouldnt choose Kaede though

Spoiler for Kaede's Rampage:

Last edited by Ketro; 2008-02-21 at 17:58.
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-21, 23:24   Link #844
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

God i wish everyone got to see the game and what a better non-psycho character she had. So sad how her character is utterly trampled. Never even bothered to watch the second season because it would have been too upsetting.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-22, 00:00   Link #845
Ketro

You mean Shuffle! Memories?
Ketro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-19, 15:11   Link #846
xleandrax1
Banned

Send a message via AIM to xleandrax1 Send a message via Yahoo to xleandrax1
Kaede Nerine Primula

My Fave 3!
xleandrax1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 20:57   Link #847
DeotoxSlayer

Yeah the anime utterly ruined Kaede(who is my favourite character) because the Asa fanbase was bigger, and i'm still mad at the company that made Shuffle! for doing that...
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-30, 23:47   Link #848
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Asa-senpai was my favorite girl in Shuffle!, so of course, I loved how the anime turned out. You just can't resist Asa-senpai.
Old 2008-03-31, 11:50   Link #849
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Yeah the anime utterly ruined Kaede(who is my favourite character) because the Asa fanbase was bigger, and i'm still mad at the company that made Shuffle! for doing that...
You KKK members should be thank the anime team. Without that scene kaede would have been just another childhood friend in a harem anime. With that "scene" Kaede is now on the same pantheon with the Higarushi and School Day girls.
Old 2008-03-31, 17:17   Link #850
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
You KKK members should be thank the anime team. Without that scene kaede would have been just another childhood friend in a harem anime. With that "scene" Kaede is now on the same pantheon with the Higarushi and School Day girls.
Your saying its a favor that they turned her from nice, sweet cute and dare-i-say perfect into psycho, obsessed and dependent? How about being dumped and left when Rin gave everything for all the other girls? He didn't give her a second glance when she needed help. If so i would gladly allow Asa to take those qualities.

Give me a break. The few fans who we're won over my the yarandre (definitely spelled that wrong) is nothing compared to the utter character destruction she suffered. Proof is in Clannad. She shares many qualities in common with Nagisa and its no surprise shes dominating the polls over there.

Just because she'll be remembered doesn't mean her character had justice. The main lead from school days will go down in history... as the worst protagonist and worst character in the world. And now these horrid tags will be stuck on a great character forever.

P.S. School days is know for it's bad endings, meaning people watch it expecting that from the girls. Here they are expecting romance/comedy so that kind of character stands out and isn't wanted in this genre.

P.S.S. I really hope you were joking...
Old 2008-03-31, 18:12   Link #851
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
Your saying its a favor that they turned her from nice, sweet cute and dare-i-say perfect into psycho, obsessed and dependent? How about being dumped and left when Rin gave everything for all the other girls? He didn't give her a second glance when she needed help. If so i would gladly allow Asa to take those qualities.

Give me a break. The few fans who we're won over my the yarandre (definitely spelled that wrong) is nothing compared to the utter character destruction she suffered. Proof is in Clannad. She shares many qualities in common with Nagisa and its no surprise shes dominating the polls over there.
so dominating she ended up in Fourth places with Kyou having a 30 point lead?

Quote:
P.S.S. I really hope you were joking...
I am Not

Who did you think i am?

I am one of the original founder of Ai Ai Asa
Old 2008-03-31, 18:15   Link #852
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
so dominating she ended up in Fourth places with Kyou having a 30 point lead?

I am Not

Who did you think i am?

I am one of the original founder of Ai Ai Asa
im talking about the after poll going on now that her arc finished, the after series vote.
Old 2008-03-31, 18:22   Link #853
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeedFreedom View Post
im talking about the after poll going on now that her arc finished, the after series vote.
only 136 voters.

I will give you another one.

http://anime.miao.us/

978 votes

Kyou 31% 303 votes.
Tomoyo 27%
Kotomi 14%
Nagisa 8% 78votes

A 200+ vote difference is domination

20votes when the number of total voters is 136 is not domination.

And why are we discussing a clannad character poll in Shuffle?

Anyway, Asa won every poll in Animesuki forum
Old 2008-03-31, 18:26   Link #854
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

The series only ended last week and the bulk of her arc was only really the last two eps so older polls don't accurately reflect the true popularity. Besides i think we're getting off-topic . It was an arbitrary example.
Old 2008-04-01, 19:29   Link #855
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
What the hell, how come everytime I say my favourite character in Shuffle! is Kaede someone calls me part of the KKK, I don't remember joining a fanclub.

Second of all what you wrote there is Utter Fanboy, bullshit. Do you really think we should thank the anime team for completly butchering her character, I myself knew that it most likely wouldn't end in a Kaede route, but I was hoping they would atleast do her some justice, but no they ruined her character. Also how is "Kaede being in the same Pantheon as School Days" a good thing, School Days Girls a good thing School Days sucked, and no mater where you go everone tells you not to watch it because the anime, ruined any sense of plot it had. Saying that people should be thankful that Kaede is in the same Pantheon as the School Days Girls BAH! School Days Girls are hated, and are only known because it's one of the shows that your told to avoid!!!
Old 2008-04-16, 08:22   Link #856
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Yay! Another "Kaede is the epitome of moeness, whay whay!" discussion.

For those of you that don't know me, I am Meiaminkbell, rogue assassin out to dismantle the oppressive and the members who have no solid backing of their obsession with the "goddess" Kaede.

However, I acknowledge you as a non-KKK member and will thereby treat you with respect.

To start, I love all the Shuffle! s. The s are interesting on a margin that far exceeds most harem anime women I have seen to date, and Kaede is one of them. If you wish to know my "favorite", it is overall Nerine, for personality, attitude, and ears *drools*. However, I have to agree with Xellos in stating that without her nervous breakdown, she would have been a very one-dimensional character. Instead, they gave her a ...let's call it a "problem." She became human, she moved out of that timid, nice range and became someone who was actually interesting. I would not have loved Kaede were it not for that arc, because to me she became "real" in a manner of speaking. Otherwise, she would have just been another character there to impede Rin's path to "the right ".

I find that people who have a problem with Kaede's arc usually try to find some way to justify the reason the creators screwed her over from her "happy ending" by saying "Oh the only reason Rin didn't lvoer her was because she was psychotic!" No. Doesn't work that way. That does not convince me, I'm almost certain the story would have played out the same way where she treated like every other with no inherent flaws.

And please, don't use that "she wasn't like that in the original game!" line. I'd put money that you've never even played the game and are just using it as leverage to push that Kaede is a flawless diamond.

Butchering her character? Please, if anything they made her interesting and even exciting. i've never been so pumped than when I saw Primula walk into the kitchen to find that Kaede was stirring a pot that had NOTHING in it. Oh. Em. Gee. I knew someone was going to die by the end of the story at that point, I KNEW it. Hell, i would be a member if she had offed Asa, and not because I don't like her. If you want to talk about butchering characters, let's talk Nerine and Sia. Oh poor Sia... The first half of the story is centered around her and Rin dating, but when they come back from the demon realm she becomes nonexistent. And Nerine was barely above filler considering her screen time and story arc, and aside from Kaede she had the most interesting past and potential story.

Any members want to take me on?! Muahaha! I can take your loosely based fanboyism's and ridicule to one of the most interesting protagonists that a harem anime has actually had!

*readies anti-rant gun*
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-16, 11:33   Link #857
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Yay! Another "Kaede is the epitome of moeness, whay whay!" discussion.

For those of you that don't know me, I am Meiaminkbell, rogue assassin out to dismantle the oppressive and the members who have no solid backing of their obsession with the "goddess" Kaede.

However, I acknowledge you as a non-KKK member and will thereby treat you with respect.

To start, I love all the Shuffle! s. The s are interesting on a margin that far exceeds most harem anime women I have seen to date, and Kaede is one of them. If you wish to know my "favorite", it is overall Nerine, for personality, attitude, and ears *drools*. However, I have to agree with Xellos in stating that without her nervous breakdown, she would have been a very one-dimensional character. Instead, they gave her a ...let's call it a "problem." She became human, she moved out of that timid, nice range and became someone who was actually interesting. I would not have loved Kaede were it not for that arc, because to me she became "real" in a manner of speaking. Otherwise, she would have just been another character there to impede Rin's path to "the right ".

I find that people who have a problem with Kaede's arc usually try to find some way to justify the reason the creators screwed her over from her "happy ending" by saying "Oh the only reason Rin didn't lvoer her was because she was psychotic!" No. Doesn't work that way. That does not convince me, I'm almost certain the story would have played out the same way where she treated like every other with no inherent flaws.

And please, don't use that "she wasn't like that in the original game!" line. I'd put money that you've never even played the game and are just using it as leverage to push that Kaede is a flawless diamond.

Butchering her character? Please, if anything they made her interesting and even exciting. i've never been so pumped than when I saw Primula walk into the kitchen to find that Kaede was stirring a pot that had NOTHING in it. Oh. Em. Gee. I knew someone was going to die by the end of the story at that point, I KNEW it. Hell, i would be a member if she had offed Asa, and not because I don't like her. If you want to talk about butchering characters, let's talk Nerine and Sia. Oh poor Sia... The first half of the story is centered around her and Rin dating, but when they come back from the demon realm she becomes nonexistent. And Nerine was barely above filler considering her screen time and story arc, and aside from Kaede she had the most interesting past and potential story.

Any members want to take me on?! Muahaha! I can take your loosely based fanboyism's and ridicule to one of the most interesting protagonists that a harem anime has actually had!

*readies anti-rant gun*
I respect you opinion, and while you are correct, i have not played the game. However, That does not change the fact that her character was changed. As for the "you're only using it as justification for being angry" argument, i do read tons of spoilers and i had chosen my girl from the very first episode. While it is not impossible, and you are proof of that, that some people find her new character interesting/human/whatever, it doesn't change the fact that more fans were turned off by it, than intrigued. This is based off reactions on this forum, so if you say that is an inaccurate assessment, then i would like to see some form of poll showing otherwise.
*readies anti-flame shield*
Old 2008-04-16, 21:34   Link #858
DeotoxSlayer

Meiaminkbell, I don't have time to respond to your post now because my mom's yelling at me to get off the computer so i'll answer you late tommorow, or Friday. The one thing I want to say is that I actually have played the Shuffle! game, and there were plenty of ways that the creators could have made Kaede a non-one dimensional character without making her Psycho.

Also in a completly off topic note, what show is your Avatar from
Old 2008-04-17, 08:34   Link #859
Meiaminkbell
Lover of Elfen Ears

Send a message via AIM to Meiaminkbell
Think what you will, that is your own opinion, but don't use the majority of this forum alone (which I am unsure about as I have talked to several people who seem to be in agreement that her arc was the most interesting and appealing the show had to offer), to support your theory that most people were turned off by it.

And my avatar is Shuffle. Seriously, Kareha? You can't tell that. Psh. >.>

P.S. I still think you're lying out your teeth about the game. No offense.
Meiaminkbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-17, 15:03   Link #860
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meiaminkbell View Post
Think what you will, that is your own opinion, but don't use the majority of this forum alone (which I am unsure about as I have talked to several people who seem to be in agreement that her arc was the most interesting and appealing the show had to offer), to support your theory that most people were turned off by it.

And my avatar is Shuffle. Seriously, Kareha? You can't tell that. Psh. >.>

P.S. I still think you're lying out your teeth about the game. No offense.
Really.....I don't remeber seeing it in the anime.....my memory must be getting rusty.

AND I have played the game thank you very much.