AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-27, 00:10   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 700 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

It's the big seven double-o! Figured I'd let Aohige handle the summary since AP was being a bit wonky this time. Some epic stuff here though, I assure you!
Old 2013-02-27, 00:14   Link #2
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Well, AP came back up just in time.
But I'll post is here as well.

Spoiler:

So in short.... OMGWTF LOTS OF NEW NAMES AND EXPOSE.
I mean good god, I think we had like 5 new names in one chapter, all over the world... from a freelance newsreporter, a samurai, a colosseum master, possibly new admiral or a shichibukai, etc, etc.
Old 2013-02-27, 00:32   Link #3
marvelB

And now, for my own spoiler review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Apooo (probably) yells out why their alliance is already revealed, and who the hell this news reporter Abusa is.
Apparently this news reporter is known for reporting multiple scoops in the recent times... (a contact in the underworld?)

Calling it now: ABSALOM. His power is ideal for being a secret photographer.

Quote:
Law warns him they need to make plans, they can't just show up there, but Luffy is already not listening, he and the Strawhat crew are already on to talking about breakfast.
Law is sucked into the conversation, saying he's not fond of bread.... only to catch himself getting sucked into Luffy's "pace". LOL

I love how much Law is getting tainted by Luffy's influence. And on another note, it's great to finally learn his crew's whereabouts. The news about Kinemon's comrades sounds interesting, as well.

Quote:
Meanwhile, at New World Marine HQ...
Commodore Brannew is explaining the importance of Shichibukai to board full of marine officials,
The current seven were...
"Ten-yasha (Heavenly Devil)" Donquioxte Doflamingo - King of Dressrosa and Charisma of evil

Wow, Dofla's title is surprisingly badass.

Quote:
"Clown of thousand coins" Buggy - the leader of the Pirate Ditachment Organiztion and a living legend[/b]
*ahem*..... CALLED IT!

That is all.

Quote:
Plus the aforementioned man... making it seven. (Looks like Brannew was talking about the mysterious seventh shichibukai before we were cut to thsi scene)

But that all changed this morning as Dofla suddenly quit the Shichibukai.
This will cause an unbalance in the world order! Sakazuki tells Brannew he is aware of all this.
He won't let Law or the Straw Hats have their way. He got the report from Smoker in G-5, and already dispatched Fujitora.

So.... is this Fujitora guy the new shichibukai, or a new admiral (or maybe both??? )? Either way, I'm looking forward to his appearance, as well....

Also, I'm really liking Dofla's chemistry with his crew and subjects. It sounds like Dofla has nearly as much trust in that Diamante guy as he does Vergo. That being said:

Quote:
What's inside the treasure chest is Ace's Mera-mera fruit.
Dofla laughs, the Straw Hat wouldn't want anyone else having this fruit, now would he? Fuffuffu!

Aw goddamn, Oda just opened Pandora's box with this one..... I'm already dreading the amount of people predicting that either Luffy or someone in his crew will become a Logia this arc.....

But yeah, some damned awesome spoilers here. Thanks a bunch, Bluebeard!
Old 2013-02-27, 00:41   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Truly a momentous chapter 700 is, and deservedly so at that. Buggy becoming a shichibukai was predictable, yet awesome at the same time. We only know a little about the mystery shichibukai in that he was the one who cut off Zephyr's forearm in the past. Looking forward to seeing his "title/moniker" and what his former bounty was. This Fujitora fellow is most likely a new admiral, methinks. Ace's mera mera being in possession of Doflamingo is a surprise; and it's no wonder he told Luffy he has something he wants. The question is, who'll obtain it?

Well done, Oda. What a way to kick off the 700 series of chapters. This is befitting of such a milestone achievement.
Old 2013-02-27, 00:48   Link #5
marvelB

Well, with everything being said, I think the best part of the chapter (aside from the warlord Buggy confirmation) is that it literally took only a single day after arrival for Luffy to throw the entire New World into an uproar.
Old 2013-02-27, 00:51   Link #6
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Aw goddamn, Oda just opened Pandora's box with this one..... I'm already dreading the amount of people predicting that either Luffy or someone in his crew will become a Logia this arc.....
Well.... they shouldn't asusme Luffy would, as we already know a person can only eat one DF.... if ANYONE should be eating a DF on the crew, it should be Nami or Usopp.... though, depends if Oda still wants Usopp to be the most relatable Strawhat in terms of strength...

Anyway... I was on the fence about Buggy either being a Shichibukai or a Yonkou for the longest time... but I guess this'll do~
Old 2013-02-27, 01:14   Link #7
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well.... they shouldn't asusme Luffy would, as we already know a person can only eat one DF.... if ANYONE should be eating a DF on the crew, it should be Nami or Usopp.... though, depends if Oda still wants Usopp to be the most relatable Strawhat in terms of strength...

No, no, no, you don't understand. See, every fanbase has that one particular group of nutjobs who are completely immune to logic and common sense. And unfortunately it's those same people who constantly root for a logia to join the crew, or would rather have one of the "normal" Straw-Hats gain a logia power (and.... y'know, pretty much erase what was unique about them in the first place). Even scarier is that Ace was one of the more recent Straw-Hat candidates in those people's eyes,, and now that we know Dofla has his fruit in his possession..... oh lord, the thought of it just makes me shiver....

BTW, I've got a question for Aohige or anyone who read the raw: How is Fujitora's name spelled? If it's in kanji, then would that make it something like "藤虎"? Or is it just in katakana? I'm just curious since if it's the former, then I'd definitely lean towards him being an admiral....
Old 2013-02-27, 01:27   Link #8
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

It's 藤虎 but the rubi is ふじトラ, combination of hiragana and katakana.

In other words

Most likely an Admiral
Old 2013-02-27, 01:32   Link #9
marvelB

^Yeah, figured that much. Thanks!
Old 2013-02-27, 01:33   Link #10
game2007

Fujitora means Pink Tiger, so the color and animal naming theme implies admiral.
Old 2013-02-27, 01:33   Link #11
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Well.... they shouldn't asusme Luffy would, as we already know a person can only eat one DF....
Blackbeard says hello
Old 2013-02-27, 02:05   Link #12
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

I don't get it.. how can that Mera Mera fruit appears again? I thought there can only be one fruit for one type of power? So does this mean that if the DF user dies, his power will return back into fruit form again? Or its just a fruit created from the SMILE factory?

If its the former, then it definitely gonna create a ruckus among the OP fans about so many things, especially the Gomu Gomu fruit.

If its the latter, then it definitely feels weird to have Kaidou having Dofla making tons of Zoan based fruit, when he can just ask him to make tons of overpowered Logia fruits for his armies.

Anyway the spoiler is definitely good to the bone. Can't wait to see and read the whole chapter out..
Old 2013-02-27, 02:16   Link #13
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Why would it cause ruckus? It's not a news to OP community at all.

Not only have this been speculated from existence of devil-fruit encyclopedia, we actually visually witnessed it happening on Punk Hazard not too long ago.
Old 2013-02-27, 03:03   Link #14
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Well its just my thought i guess lol, coz the idea of the fruit will continue to exist despite the user's death is definitely new to me, though other fans might have already discussed about it for long time. And about the DF encyclopedia, yeah i completely forgot about that one

Anyway if its really true, then it can explain alot of things, such as BB obtaining the Gura Gura power from WB (though how he could actually possesses 2 DF powers is beyond me), and also the theory that i have been reading for years, about how Gol D Roger might possibly be the previous user of Gomu Gomu fruit before Luffy. I thought it was impossible coz my understanding is that, if the DF user dies, then the fruit powers will gone too and there will never be a 2nd user of the same fruit. But holy, today's revelation really breaks that all.

Now i am more eager to see the next chapter, and hoping that the Mera Mera fruit is real, and not just a mere copy out of the SMILE factory.
Old 2013-02-27, 03:11   Link #15
marvelB

^Well, as was already noted, the Punk Hazard arc already gave us a pretty clear hint as to how devil fruit powers stay in circulation. Recall when Caesar began his broadcast we saw his slime monster explode. Shortly after the explosion, we saw one apple out of a nearby pile of the fruits start to transform into a DF. So with that being said, it's most likely the case that you need the correctly "matching" fruit to transfer a dead person's ability to next user.....
Old 2013-02-27, 03:27   Link #16
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Thanks to a Spanish poster on AP, the slime-man's name should be Trebol - Spanish for Clover/Club.
Fits with Diamante being Diamond.

All we now need is the name of that Spade guy who only said "....." in the chapter lol
Old 2013-02-27, 03:28   Link #17
game2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
Blackbeard says hello
Nobody knows how BB did it yet. Even the World Government is surprised by this and said that they have never heard of anyone doing such a thing, as it has been known that consuming more than one fruit will result in death.
Old 2013-02-27, 03:36   Link #18
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
All we now need is the name of that Spade guy who only said "....." in the chapter lol
Well the pattern is playing card suits in Spanish, so his name will probably be "Pica".

Which means we can make the assumption there's probably a fourth guy too named "Corazon" (Heart).
Old 2013-02-27, 03:46   Link #19
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
Well the pattern is playing card suits in Spanish, so his name will probably be "Pica".

Which means we can make the assumption there's probably a fourth guy too named "Corazon" (Heart).
No, the seat of heart is empty.
It was reserved for Law, although obviously that's not going to happen anymore.
Old 2013-02-27, 03:55   Link #20
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Ah okay. I haven't actually read the chapter yet since I'm still waiting on a scanlation.

Though it does make sense Law is the "Heart" of the four, considering the name of his crew.