AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Rozen Maiden

Notices

View Poll Results: Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 3 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 22.73%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 36.36%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 22.73%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 4.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-08-08, 07:33   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen - Episode 6 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, Episode 6.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2013-08-08, 13:46   Link #2
Horse

They finally got to the theater bits! Yaaaay! The seiyuu work in this episode was IMHO exceptional. That short dialogue exchange between Shinku and Gin at the start was simply purrfection.

However... I'm gonna sound like a broken record... please fire the music director. The BGM placement (or lack thereof) is killing the show for me. And the return of Lazy text overlays! Weeeeeeeee.

Also for some reason this episode felt reeaaaally long... Maybe it's the heavier than the manga atmosphere they seem to be going for. I don't know.

Last edited by Horse; 2013-08-08 at 13:57.
Old 2013-08-08, 15:31   Link #3
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
They finally got to the theater bits! Yaaaay! The seiyuu work in this episode was IMHO exceptional. That short dialogue exchange between Shinku and Gin at the start was simply purrfection.

However... I'm gonna sound like a broken record... please fire the music director. The BGM placement (or lack thereof) is killing the show for me. And the return of Lazy text overlays! Weeeeeeeee.

Also for some reason this episode felt reeaaaally long... Maybe it's the heavier than the manga atmosphere they seem to be going for. I don't know.
I kind of miss the music tracks for season 1 and 2.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2013-08-09, 07:04   Link #4
StainGlass

Quote:
I felt like that too, which is odd. This has been the first episode I've enjoyed decently enough. I've been such a grump for most of this series.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Absolutely. The OST really helped make those series for me. Though I still don't find much of the soundtrack for this series memorable, I found the music direction to be better this episode.
Old 2013-08-09, 09:31   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Shinku and Suigintou's fights were so much fun. Lots of meaningful dialogues between the two of them as well. Their interaction was definitely the highlight of the episode.

Jun has decided to make his own doll to change his world, but I think that's a trap by Kirakishou. He will end up creating a body for her.
Old 2013-08-09, 12:59   Link #6
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
The arguments between Shinku and Suigintou really are hilarious. Devolving to the point of fighting with water and just straight into a fist fight . Sticking two enemies and putting them in a tight spot like that really is a recipe for disaster. I'm just impressed they are managing to keep it to a level where they aren't making a serious mess. At least respecting the situation enough to not leave the room a disaster zone.

Jun is starting to fall back to a low now. With Shinku just waiting for her chance to leave and being told his world can't be changed. Throw in being told some things don't concern him is just another painful blow. In some levels just feeling used, only to be abandoned as soon as possible.

Can't buy the messages are from other Jun. Pretty sure he'd want to get in contact with Shinku not just tell his other self to make another doll. But right now there is a rift between this Jun and Shinku so he's not going to run anything by her before taking action.

Also I'd probably find it incredibly insulting to be said the other world is a main tree and the world I'm currently living in is a twig of a branch at the end of it. Practically a dead-end world without a glimmer of hope.

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2013-08-09 at 13:17.
Old 2013-08-09, 13:30   Link #7
Traece
:cool:

Yet again more greatness from Rozen Maiden. Those spats with Suigintou and Shinku were quite a bit of fun. Especially watching them fight each other with the shower head so seriously was too much for me to handle.

Saito's brother is enormous. He should consider basketball to fund his career as a prop maker. Actually, I was a bit sad to see Saito get such a short role this time around. I was hoping that her invitation would lead to something more substantial. Looks like we'll have to wait a little longer for that thread. On that note, apparently the manager is not just an asshole but an omnipotent asshole...
Old 2013-08-09, 14:01   Link #8
HandofFate

ouch, much hurt to be called out by creepy manager like that, and can't even argue back that he's wrong.

Has any rozen maiden doll ever gotten drunk?
I don't think they actually need to eat or drink, and Shinku is just drinking tea because she enjoys it.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:37   Link #9
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

oh, how much have i miss that haughty laugh.
Old 2013-08-09, 15:54   Link #10
Subayai

I like it more and more with every episode. Those scenes between Shinku and Suigintou are a joy to watch and the voice acting was superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I agree, the OST for the previous seasons had an abundance of excellent tracks. I still like to listen to it sometimes. However, some of the quiet tracks in this season are also pretty good. I mostly miss some good battle music for the action scenes.
Old 2013-08-09, 16:56   Link #11
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
The Shinku/Suigintou comedy hour continues to be a real joy to watch. I loved how cheesy their fight was this episode, particularly with the overly-dramatic music playing.

However, the overall pacing is a bit slow, and Jun dealing with the boss from hell is actually getting painful to watch. Maybe the boss from hell will somehow get caught up in a big Rozen Maiden fight, and get his ass royally kicked and humiliated by a tiny doll. That would be very cathartic right about now.
Old 2013-08-10, 00:57   Link #12
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
The Shinku/Suigintou comedy hour continues to be a real joy to watch. I loved how cheesy their fight was this episode, particularly with the overly-dramatic music playing.
You could even consider that a nod to the old series, even.
Old 2013-08-10, 08:09   Link #13
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
You could even consider that a nod to the old series, even.
Agreed.

I just made a comedy mash-up to have some fun with this episode's epic fight between Shinku and Suigintou. I hope my fellow Rozen Maiden fans get a good laugh from it.

I give you "Rozen Maiden - Guile's Theme Goes With Everything"

Old 2013-08-10, 15:05   Link #14
Siegel Clyne

Shinku and Suigintou "fight like cats and dogs"

Her character description in this June 27, 2013 Famitsu article about the upcoming Rozen Maiden: Wechseln Sie Welt ab adventure game for the PS3 and PS Vita (scheduled to be released on November 28, 2013 in Japan) describes Suigintou's relationship with Shinku as being a "relationship of dogs and monkeys" ("ken'ennonaka"; 「犬猿の仲」).

The British and American equivalent of the Japanese idiomatic expression "relationship of dogs and monkeys" would be "fight like cats and dogs."

An apt expression which fits those two characters in Episode 6 of the Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen TV anime series.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-10 at 21:29.
Old 2013-08-11, 03:23   Link #15
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

There's a Rozen Maiden Vita game? O__o
Old 2013-08-12, 06:31   Link #16
Seitsuki
Onee!

Suigintou is such a bitch.

But that's why she's so adorable!
Old 2013-08-12, 19:28   Link #17
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
No kidding, yet I've enjoyed every moment of it...even if it was fairly uneventful.
Then again, an episode simply can't go wrong when it has plenty of Suingintou screentime.
Old 2013-08-14, 20:57   Link #18
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
However... I'm gonna sound like a broken record... please fire the music director. The BGM placement (or lack thereof) is killing the show for me.
Moviemaking 101: Want to create a heavy tense atmosphere? Use silence, silence creeps the hell out of people. Plenty of live action films have used it with great success (No Country For Old Men comes to mind for example).
Old 2013-08-15, 13:40   Link #19
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Moviemaking 101: Want to create a heavy tense atmosphere? Use silence, silence creeps the hell out of people. Plenty of live action films have used it with great success (No Country For Old Men comes to mind for example).
^This. The scenes with silence would not have given off the right vibe if there was something as pervasive as music to rip through the tension, imo.
Old 2013-08-22, 13:01   Link #20
Siegel Clyne

Suigintou's Laugh in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Suigintou's laugh in this episode seems to be pretty much Tanaka Rie's laugh.

And, judging with my ears, you hear that same Suigintou/Tanaka Rie laugh when Female Miqo'te Voice Type 2 and Female Elezen Voice Type 3 playable characters laugh in Square Enix's Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn MMORPG.

Tanaka Rie officially voices two major non-playable characters in that upcoming major game release from Square Enix, Kan-E-Senna and Garuda. But I am virtually certain now she also provides at least three voices for playable characters in that game as well, two female Miqo'te catgirl voice types and one female Elezen elf voice type.

(Tanaka Rie disclosed on her blog nearly three years ago that she voices Female Miqo'te Voice 2 in the original Final Fantasy XIV game - which sounds exactly like Female Miqo'te Voice Type 1 in Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn.)

So if one cannot get enough of Suigintou's laugh in Rozen Maiden Zurückspulen, play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and select Female Miqo'te Voice Type 2 and/or Female Elezen Voice Type 3.

It is not unusual for Tanaka Rie to do more than one voice in a game. For instance, so far she has done three female Hunter voices in the Monster Hunter Frontier G MMORPG: Type 17, Type 21, and Type 25.

Last edited by Siegel Clyne; 2013-08-22 at 13:15.
Closed Thread