AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-09, 12:13   Link #1
Bern-san

Kamigami no Asobi

The latest otome created by Broccoli (Uta no Prince-sama games) which was released on late October is getting an anime adaptation. It was announced on this month's Dengeki Girl Style magazine.
The game has the catchphrase "Love is pain".

Quote:
The heroine, Kusanagi Yui, is a normal high school girl approaching graduation, and is starting to get worried about her future. She’s a little more traditional than most other girls due to her upbringing at a shrine. She is chosen by Zeus as the one human to attend a school for gods who have grown distant from humans. She’s now responsible to teach gods about being human, and, about love.
Cast
  • Apollon Agana Belea (CV: Irino Miyu)
  • Hades Aidneus (CV: Ono Daisuke)
  • Tsukito Totsuka (Tsukiyomi) (CV: Uemura Yuuto)
  • Takeru Totsuka (Susano-o) (CV: Toyonaga Toshiyuki)
  • Balder Hringhorni (CV: Kamiya Hiroshi)
  • Loki Laevatein (CV: Hosoya Yoshimasa)
  • Anubis Ma’at (CV: Kaji Yuuki)
  • Thoth Caduceus (CV: Morikawa Toshiyuki)
  • Akira (CV: Yuuya Uchida)
  • Dionysos (CV: Hirofumi Nojima)
  • Thor (CV: Noriaki Sugiyama)
  • Zeus (CV: Hochu Otsuka)

Kazuki Yone is in charge of the illustrations in the original game and the music is composed by Elements Garden. A series of character songs were released between June and September while a manga adaptation started running on Sylph magazine last year.
Old 2013-12-10, 02:32   Link #2
kuromitsu

Oh my god, this is so unabashedly silly and with the mythology theme it's right up my street. And props to them for remembering Baldr (what with the Marvel fever lately Thor and Loki keep hogging all the spotlight and the interest). It helps that the art is pretty.

As much as I like Sugiyama's voice he wouldn't be among my top 30 candidates to play a Thor type character, though. I guessthis Thor isn't going to be very boisterous... And Anubis is adorable but please tell me he's not a shota...

(I do wish someone finally made a "legendary hero" version otome game, so I could finally date Sigurd without that pesky princess and the valkyrie... XD and without the whole thing about him dying and all.)

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2013-12-10 at 02:48.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 06:16   Link #3
Bern-san

Anime website opened and it seems the studio is Brains Base. I didn't like their previous otome adaptations...
Old 2013-12-28, 23:52   Link #4
mistress_kisara

Airing in Spring 2014!

http://kamiaso-anime.com/news/?p=140

Here's the staff:
Director: Kawamura Tomoyuki
Series Composition: Konparu Tomoko
Character Design: Shiba Minako
Music: Elements Garden
Animation Production: Brain's Base

There's going to be a PV in Comiket 85, we have to wait for someone to upload it

Last edited by mistress_kisara; 2013-12-29 at 04:59.
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 02:30   Link #5
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistress_kisara View Post
Airing in Spring 2014!

http://kamiaso-anime.com/news/?p=140

Here's the staff:
Director: Kawamura Toshiyuki
Series Composition: Konparu Tomoko
Character Design: Shiba Minako
Music: Elements Garden
Animation Production: Brain's Base

There's going to be a PV in Comiket 85, we have to wait for someone to upload it
Please check the right spellings of the names before posting. It's not so hard. Just search on AniDB or any similar cite by Kanji. The directors name is Kawamura Tomoyuki
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 05:01   Link #6
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtwandler View Post
Please check the right spellings of the names before posting. It's not so hard. Just search on AniDB or any similar cite by Kanji. The directors name is Kawamura Tomoyuki
Edited now sorry I've gotten him confused with Morikawa Toshiyuki (whose one of the seiyuus in this series)
Old 2013-12-29, 05:21   Link #7
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Not that it bothers me. Just that it's not the first time here I see wrong names in the staff-lists(for example because of different kanji spellings).

Enough people want to know the other works of the staff but then you posted the name wrong it's hard to search for it. If you're not sure about the name spelling — add kanji at least.
Old 2013-12-29, 07:48   Link #8
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I hate the hairdo of the guy of the left...Korean?._<
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-07, 22:11   Link #9
Miraluka
Banned

Hope the studio doesn't mess up the anime, I don't want the same thing that happened to Amnesia D:
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-08, 03:10   Link #10
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

There's no such a thing like good Otome VN adaptation. They either butched or don't have the proper ending.

Last edited by Nachtwandler; 2014-03-08 at 04:19.
Old 2014-03-08, 04:10   Link #11
kuromitsu

Quote:
There's no such a thing like good Otome VN adaptation. They either butched ort don't have the proper ending.
Well, given that these games have at least as many endings (or more) as there are dateable male characters, there's no "proper ending". The anime can pick one route and follow it, but that's frustrating for those who don't like that character or would prefer the heroine with someone else; or it can realize that most people are in it for the guys and not the heroine, and try to give everyone the same amount of spotlight at the expense of the romance. Personally I much prefer the latter.

Anyway, as for this particular show, I'm just disappointed that Dionysos, Thor, Anubis and Thoth are not among the main characters. Damn it, I was looking forward to them the most. I guess this leaves me with Apollon and Hades...
Old 2014-03-08, 04:24   Link #12
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

You are wrong here. Male-oriented VNs have a bunch of endings too. But even if there is no canonical True ending or main heroine in adaptation they still peek one at least sometimes. While in Otome VN adaptations they almost always leave the open or pseudo-harem ending(in my memory only Hakuoki had smth like proper ending).

And don't forget about omnibus format(although it's usage in Starry Sky was really bad idea).
Old 2014-03-08, 04:47   Link #13
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
The anime can pick one route and follow it, but that's frustrating for those who don't like that character or would prefer the heroine with someone else; or it can realize that most people are in it for the guys and not the heroine, and try to give everyone the same amount of spotlight at the expense of the romance. Personally I much prefer the latter.
Yeah I think that's pretty much the reason why they make it a harem ending, shipping wars is such a bitch
Old 2014-03-08, 05:18   Link #14
kuromitsu

Quote:
You are wrong here. Male-oriented VNs have a bunch of endings too. But even if there is no canonical True ending or main heroine in adaptation they still peek one at least sometimes. While in Otome VN adaptations they almost always leave the open or pseudo-harem ending(in my memory only Hakuoki had smth like proper ending).
But that's what I was saying. Picking one "true" guy makes things less fun for those who want the heroine with someone else (or the guy to be with someone else, heh), so why even go there. Bitter fans are less likely to spend money.

(That said, there tend to be writer favorites, like Tokiya in UtaPri, who almost became an official couple with Haruka in S1 and had the most romantic date with her in S2. I thank the staff for not going through with actually pairing them up. :P )
Old 2014-03-08, 06:32   Link #15
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

And that's the difference in psychology. As much as I don't like the girl main guy choose in Mashiro-iro Symphony I still count it as one of the better adaptations. While otome fangirls in general probably just want more bishies and shipping(a lot of them even think the heroine is not needed and it's better to make yaoi ones) and don't care about real romance.
Old 2014-03-09, 00:17   Link #16
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I think the problem is more commonly that a lot of Otome VN adaptions aren't based on very strong source material to begin with... And this series doesn't exactly sound like an exception.
Old 2014-03-09, 18:26   Link #17
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
I think the problem is more commonly that a lot of Otome VN adaptions aren't based on very strong source material to begin with... And this series doesn't exactly sound like an exception.
Well we can't all be Steins;Gate
Old 2014-03-09, 18:35   Link #18
kuromitsu

Quote:
And that's the difference in psychology. As much as I don't like the girl main guy choose in Mashiro-iro Symphony I still count it as one of the better adaptations. While otome fangirls in general probably just want more bishies and shipping(a lot of them even think the heroine is not needed and it's better to make yaoi ones) and don't care about real romance.
Oh come on. By this logic, fanboys in general are happy as long as they have pretty girls and fanservice, can fight about which girl is better, and can buy ero doujinshi featuring their girl(s) of choice.

The usual otome game approach you're complaining about is honest and has a good balance. It teases romance but says "if you want to see more buy the game", so nobody ends up feeling bitter, people buy the games and the merchandise, and everyone is happy.

Hell, I'm tempted to buy this game just for Thor, Dionysos and the two Egyptians...
Old 2014-03-09, 19:57   Link #19
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

As a romance fan I just hate open/harem endings. IMHO it's better if the main hero/heroine chose not the character you like than didn't choose anyone at all. And I don't understand people who think either way. If you want another ending — buy the VN. But it's not the reason to leave the anime without an ending. It's a separate thing, not just addition to the VN.
Old 2014-03-09, 21:11   Link #20
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I prefer open-ended endings in these sort of things.

Besides, just write fanfiction if you don't like how these type of series ends and your fave gets slighted.