AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-14, 18:32   Link #61
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
The character designs from Kamichu looked better they don't look like Aliens:

Spoiler:

Vs
Spoiler:

Notice that when they blush they don't look odd here and they don't look weird looking either. >_<

This looked better to me in the ending credits:
Spoiler:

Whatever I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder going on here but damn they looked weird as hell.
Take the art appreciation license outta ZOODGUTS hands... The super stylized character designs and their exaggerated yet soft animation are the only redeeming quality of Gigantic Formula considering the CGI mecha look awful.
Old 2007-04-14, 18:46   Link #62
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
Take the art appreciation license outta ZOODGUTS hands... The super weird character designs and their exaggerated yet soft animation are the only redeeming quality of Gigantic Formula considering the CGI mecha look awful.
fixed!

I'm sorry but this is exactly how I feel about the character designs:

Spoiler:

BTW The mecha for Japan looks too much like a Gundam but in CG form. Sunrise won't get mad about that or would they?
Old 2007-04-14, 20:56   Link #63
Enternal

Lol, guess people really worried about the CG mechas and the weird character looks. Anyway, I do agree that the mechas look a lot like Gundam mechas and als the characters look weird. But! Somehow, it really is appeasing to me because all of the designs, soft good animation, interesting things that is going on makes this show looks very interesting. Hmm... I sure do think that Mana looks really cute in the ED though.
Old 2007-04-15, 00:34   Link #64
iwubanime
FMP wubber

Hmm, the first episode was pretty good but unless it gets a lot better (or I hear something spectacular) I don't know if I'll continue with it. I'm already following two "mecha" shows. Although the romance aspect is enticing =)

The character designs themselves weren't horrible for me, but I hated the blushing. Pink dots is not blushing -_-

In any case, a big thanks to Lunar for subbing this!
Old 2007-04-17, 21:07   Link #65
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Wow not much love for this one hun...Heh well I can understand since Im not 100% sold on it yet. Ive never really been a big fan of CG mechs, but I do actually like the character designs and the animations of them. I can see where they might wierd some out but they work for me somehow.

After two episodes it feels alittle rushed and more then alittle formulaic but I guess i'll stick it out and see what happens. My only true gripe was shingo giving me shinji vibes in episode 2..."Waaah waaah I dont wanna pilot it for the sake of everyone involved...oh but if the cute girls gonna get hurt if I dont I guess ill man up"

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Old 2007-04-18, 05:33   Link #66
Forever
Revealing the truth

Watched episode 1 and 2. Cant see why lunar wants to sub this. The character designs indeed need to take some time to get adjusted to.

The story seems hollow and the mecha designs were not as impressive as I perceived. And mana looks far far better in the ED than in the episode proper.

But still I give this a few episodes for the absolutely beautiful mana in the ED. LoL worse come to worse, I will just fast forward to the end!
Old 2007-04-19, 18:26   Link #67
CessBlue

I don't get everybody's distaste of the character design. I was thrown back a bit in the first few minutes, but then I got used to it and thought it was kind of cute. And the color palette isn't bad too. At least it is not super bright (which is ever so annoying).

Now onto the story... The whole premise of the Wisest World War is weak (or is that the fault of the translation) and the moves were not over the top fantastic jaw-dropping quality. You know how the first episode is suppose to draw you into awesomeness of the mechs, well it didn't do that. They built it up and when he finally gets in there to pilot the thing, what does he do? Something not too impressive, in my opinion. They need a new choreographer or something.

And I like how his opponents gets back stories, but their lines during the battle were without purpose and meaning. It didn't add anything to the story and detracted from the battle. I almost wanted to skip that part. Maybe it was just delivered wrong.

And you know how they tried to give him a purpose in piloting the mech? Well, that went wrong too. The commander said that he's doing it for himself. From watching it, it seems like he's doing it for the girl (because he promised her). I think he admits this in the end. I would be fine if he did it for the girl, but somehow they didn't pull it off and it just seemed awkward.

If I have another good thing to say about this, it's the music. It's great. The ups and down and the way it is used. I love it. One redeeming quality of this anime.

As it stands, I am still ambivalent about this anime. Let's see how episode 3 and 4 play out.
Old 2007-04-23, 02:06   Link #68
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The story so far is pretty thin, but the voice-acting is good and I've come to like the character designs. Weird, sure, but I suddenly find myself used to them and they communicate. I much prefer these character designs to Fantastic Children, which were uglier and had very little expressiveness.

I'm a sucker for romance, so that works, too. And I'm a complete sucker for Yahagi Sayuri, who plays the ten-year-old chief mechanic. It sounded like a stupid concept, but I liked seeing her telling people what to do in such a straightforward way.

However, there are too many shows to watch, so I'll probably just drop in on this one from time to time.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-24, 01:19   Link #69
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Just watched ep 3 and for a filler-type episode, a lot was covered. We got the why and how the Equatorial Winter happened and why the Gigantics are different than your ordinary giant robots.

Spoiler for List of the Gigantics from episode 3:

Old 2007-04-24, 02:40   Link #70
Forever
Revealing the truth

Finally some story to make some sense. A much needed episode to explain the background.
Old 2007-04-24, 06:47   Link #71
SuperAsuradaGundam

Send a message via AIM to SuperAsuradaGundam
I think there could be more to this. I look over at the credits on Anime News Network and

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-24, 11:51   Link #72
Asrialys

Just watched the first episode. Seems interesting, but I still don't get the point of this battle. Is it some kind of game for the UN? Guess I'll read around. The Chinese robot reminded me of the Goddesses from Pilot Candidate.

The character designs will take some getting used to for me. I'm used to seeing designs as seen in the ED.

Oh, and I was kinda freaked out at 2:25-2:26 of the first episode. I thought Mana was growing a big freaky smile on her face LOL. But it was just her hair blowing in the wind. Should really wear my glasses and just use full screen...
Old 2007-04-24, 17:44   Link #73
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Thumbs up

Ah finally plot and explanations...always a welcome thing.

Kindof interesting though with the gigantics being the instigators of this fight...never saw that one coming for sure. I think that one thing might have opened some interesting paths aside from generic mech fights spurred by nationalism.
Old 2007-04-24, 18:41   Link #74
sirtao

Chronos 0 is the UN Gigantic, as listed on the official website.
Old 2007-04-24, 20:52   Link #75
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirtao View Post
Chronos 0 is the UN Gigantic, as listed on the official website.
Oh, joy.
Not only do they have to beat all the mini-bosses, they have to defeat the final boss too!

Old 2007-04-25, 00:10   Link #76
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Oh, joy.
Not only do they have to beat all the mini-bosses, they have to defeat the final boss too!

Yea learning that the UN has its own mech kinda makes me feel like the rest are going to waste time destroying each other and then the UN can come in at the end and claim all with the only surviving super weapon...Or I could just be paranoid and they have it for "peacekeeping" purposes.
Old 2007-04-25, 01:28   Link #77
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Yea learning that the UN has its own mech kinda makes me feel like the rest are going to waste time destroying each other and then the UN can come in at the end and claim all with the only surviving super weapon...Or I could just be paranoid and they have it for "peacekeeping" purposes.
Maybe it's used for when someone doesn't follow through on the "The UN hopes that honorable duels will be conducted"
Old 2007-04-28, 22:45   Link #78
Archmagination2002

I feel weird watching this series.. I like it and find it very interesting, but their EYE'S!! The eye's ALWAYS throw me off when they change looks.. its a very effective technique to show the character's emotions, but for some reason I get vertigo type feelings when ever it happens. I love this serious though and I hope it starts getting the attention it deserves.. I mean the artwork is 10 x better than Air Master was(my personal favorite for the ungliest anime in the last 15 years.)
Old 2007-04-29, 05:43   Link #79
Maids! Maids! Maids!
Tsuruya Cultist

Megami Scan

Old 2007-04-29, 06:16   Link #80
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maids! Maids! Maids! View Post
Nani! That's the last place I'd expect to see these girls, drawn the way they are in the show. I think Chau looks much better with her clothes on bizarrely, though she's giving Masane some competition in the unrealistic oppai stakes.
Closed Thread

Tags
mecha, supernatural