AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-30, 02:22   Link #4441
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

New Logo (and possible jersey tweaking) for the Panthers with the switch to Nike:

Improvement? Personally, I think the blue jaw outline could be less thick and the blue behind the left eye needs to go. Like this.

Anything would have be better than that lame 'No Fear' type lettering that looked like it was stuck in the 90s.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 08:44   Link #4442
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

looks like it's bottom lip is swollen xD
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 09:24   Link #4443
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
looks like it's bottom lip is swollen xD
lol... Took me a second to see it, but yes indeed.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 09:50   Link #4444
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Caldwell has been picked up by Baltimore as an assistant coach, mainly as a QB coach from the looks of it. I daresay they hope Caldwell can groom Flacco into a perennial contender like he did Manning early in his career?

This could work. Even though Wade Phillips bombed as a head coach in Dallas, he did wonders for Houston's defense this season. Could be a chance for Caldwell to leave a positive legacy after how the last couple of seasons have gone.
Old 2012-01-30, 10:06   Link #4445
GDB

Honestly, while Flacco could use a little grooming, he isn't that bad. Get a WR coach so everyone he throws to can get the butter off their hands and he'd appear a lot better. Pretty sure Baltimore's receivers had the most drops out of any team this year.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 10:22   Link #4446
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Honestly, while Flacco could use a little grooming, he isn't that bad. Get a WR coach so everyone he throws to can get the butter off their hands and he'd appear a lot better. Pretty sure Baltimore's receivers had the most drops out of any team this year.
For sure. Besides Boldin, Baltimore's WR department is just flat as a tack. They shouldn't have even needed Cundiff to kick a field goal against the Patriots. Having a game winning catch ripped from you as you're landing is far worse.
Old 2012-01-30, 12:01   Link #4447
GDB

Not just WR, but TE too.
Old 2012-01-30, 15:51   Link #4448
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^B'more has tWo really nice young TE's in Pitta and Dickson... that's not a need despite Dickson's drops in that game...

REALLY, NO ONE WATCHED THE pROBOWL OR tOM bRADY'S HALFTIME INTERVEIW? I was seriously giving away rep...
Old 2012-01-30, 16:01   Link #4449
GDB

Who said anything about "needing" these positions we were talking about? We're talking about how bad the corps is at dropping crap thrown to them. Boldin and Rice are really the only ones who don't seemingly drop 40%+ of the passes thrown to them, which in turn make Flacco appear worse. Not saying he's top tier or anything, but he's certainly better than his stats show.
Old 2012-01-30, 16:55   Link #4450
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
New Logo (and possible jersey tweaking) for the Panthers with the switch to Nike:

Improvement? Personally, I think the blue jaw outline could be less thick and the blue behind the left eye needs to go. Like this.

Anything would have be better than that lame 'No Fear' type lettering that looked like it was stuck in the 90s.
It's like when the Power Rangers got new Zords.

In any case, I don't think they should have changed the original logo design. Now it looks like the Panther has lipstick. And the new type wasn't really an improvement, but like you said I guess it is technically due to the fact that the Baywatch/No Fear/90's Extreme typefont just had to go.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 18:47   Link #4451
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
REALLY, NO ONE WATCHED THE pROBOWL OR tOM bRADY'S HALFTIME INTERVEIW? I was seriously giving away rep...
You have to be kidding, right? Even Kornheiser and Wilbon on PTI admitted they didn't watch the Pro Bowl. Would you have watched if there weren't any Saints on the NFC team?

I would estimate that my lifetime total minutes watching the Pro Bowl is well under an hour.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 19:02   Link #4452
Samari
World's Greatest

Wait, people still watch the Pro Bowl?

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-30, 21:45   Link #4453
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

They didn't show the Pro Bowl on TV here and there's no highlights package on the NFL website, so I couldn't watch it.
Old 2012-01-30, 22:10   Link #4454
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari
Wait, people still watch the Pro Bowl?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
You have to be kidding, right? Even Kornheiser and Wilbon on PTI admitted they didn't watch the Pro Bowl. Would you have watched if there weren't any Saints on the NFC team?

I would estimate that my lifetime total minutes watching the Pro Bowl is well under an hour.
Then you missed a hell of alot of entertaining games (Last season's game was the highest rated viewership in the games' history, but no one is watching?)...Yeah every few years there's a dud, and we all know it gets lax out there, but when the game is close in the 4th quarter the players generally amp it up to get that 50G's...If it wasn't for Cam Newton stinking up the joint in the 3rd that was one of the most entertaining first halfs in recent memory ($hitty pass rush notwithstanding)...

I mean Tony Kornheiser doesn't finish real games because of his attention span problems, so I don't care if he and Wilbon don't watch..But I do understand how the 50 and older crowd might find this game too much of a joke...

Me and my friends always watch the probowl, because even when it's a $hitty game we get to cheer on certain players and get to watch those zany lateral INT's and just general craziness the game can bring (And yes NBC royally showcased Breesus and Jimmy Graham which was nice)...Lots of worthy plays were in this game..Ofcourse you'll never see them by not watching...

Not saying I'm disappointed in you guys reaction, but I'm suprised you guys think you're too cool to watch the ProBowl or whatever...Had a whole group of people in here enjoying the game, especially Brandon Marshall's sensational catches...I mean we're reala$$ NFL fans...You accept the lax play cause you know it's apart of things, but there are pockets of the game were guys really go hard, ask Eric Weddle who was tagging people all game...Game was great until Cam Newton replaced Brees...

As for the Brady interveiw, that $hit was hilarious...I've never in my life seen a dude that stiff in an interveiw..I was coughing up hummus laffin at that...I wish atleast one more person here saw that xD...I'm bout to go and google that and see if he got any flak for that $hit^^...

@Dilla - Always loved the Panthers unees, why did they need to change it? The Jags had a smoking unee for years and then they ripped the Jaguar off the thing and it looks like a Community parkball league middle school-jersey...Be careful what you wish for...

As for the Saints I've been dying for us to atleast get an alternative uniform (Not the mustard-colored throwbacks which are nice, but maybe some white tugs to go with an allwhite uniform combo)...I get tired of that godamn black on black with the gold helmets...Surprisingly when i talk to people not from here they generally love the Saints uniforms...ESPN's Doug Gottlieb gushes about them all the time on the radio...
Old 2012-01-30, 22:48   Link #4455
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Surprisingly when i talk to people not from here they generally love the Saints uniforms
Those all black uniforms are just "meh", not to mention they make all the players legs appear as thin as twigs. Me and many of my friends always comment on how they look like pajamas.

As for the Pro Bowl this was the first year I didn't watch it. I guess I missed a pretty good one too.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 22:54   Link #4456
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I admit to liking the gold unis with the black lettering that the Saints occasionally wore back prior to the Drew Brees era. My favorite unis has always been the Buffalo Bill throwbacks.

As for the Pro Bowl, I saw on the statline that Cam did badly, but I also heard that the AFC players felt disrespected when NFC started doing onside kicks while in the lead and decided to play seriously when Cam came in, so whatever. Some retards started trolling the Carolina forums over the Pro Bowl.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-30, 23:17   Link #4457
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla
I admit to liking the gold unis with the black lettering that the Saints occasionally wore back prior to the Drew Brees era.
LMAO, Oh no those were awful! (If it's the ones back when Micheal Lewis and Brooks was playing) I remember people going on the radio petitioning that we never where those again...they were only slightly worse than when we had gold letters on the white jersey which was barely visible in sun games...Now there are purchase only Gold Jersey that are really gold, and not yellow like the horrible ones I'm thinking of...

For the record, San Diego powder blue is and will always be the greatest uniform in pro sports history...An I'm talking the real throwbacks, not the updated alternative jersey they wear now which is still ill...
Old 2012-01-30, 23:26   Link #4458
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
They didn't show the Pro Bowl on TV here and there's no highlights package on the NFL website, so I couldn't watch it.
It's okay. The Pro Bowl is a joke. You didn't miss anything important.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2012-01-31, 07:48   Link #4459
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

I watched the first half. Apparently they didn't get serious till the second half where the extra bonus pay comes into play if you win.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-31, 14:05   Link #4460
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
The team actually came in seventh in drops this year with 31, but that's still an unacceptable number.

I'm hoping Caldwell can help Joe become more consistent, because he's obviously got the ability.

Tags
american football, sports