AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-15, 16:08   Link #1
v1cent

Anime request romance/action

Wel I like Bleach and Beck, But what I am looking for an anime like 'Beck' i really loved it,
Spoiler for Beck:
, i am not a romance fan anime, but i do liked to have an anime filled with good action or something alike (by action i mean keeping the viewer attached to the screen giving tuns of action to entertain him), like Beck, and that has a good romance story also, with good ending of the romance both anime i think
Old 2008-09-15, 16:41   Link #2
cerberus03

full metal panic would be good if you like militiary mecha. i normally dont like mechas but this had my face glued to the screen. it wasnt totally fixed on mechas though which was a good thing lol.

zero no tsukaima has its fair share of action.

shakugan no shana is pretty good aswell.

Fate/stay night might pike your interest

will suggest more when i think of them.
Old 2008-09-15, 17:23   Link #3
v1cent

Does full metal panic and the ones you refer also have romance inclued, if so, not with a bad ending (I don't want you spoil the ending, but say anyway xP)
Old 2008-09-15, 17:33   Link #4
devildog23
Summerlurking

Lol it depends what you mean by "bad" ending. Only one of those has a sad ending, or even an actual ending, but I thought it was a great ending, sad, but great.

I would suggest some, but I don't know anything that is similar to Beck
Old 2008-09-15, 17:43   Link #5
cerberus03

full metal panic has a good ending and does include romance. all my recommendations include romance since i have a weakspot for it lol im not too sure about fate/stay night since its been a while since ive seen it but the others have good endings.

elemental gerade is also a good watch. a great ending to it.

kekkaishi. although the manga is still going on the anime series have ended i think. unless they make anothr season to it. hints of romance.

Tokyo underground. another good watch lol.

busou renkin. interesting to say the least.

HItman reborn. still ongoing

Last edited by cerberus03; 2008-09-15 at 17:59.
Old 2008-09-16, 19:43   Link #6
mit7059

I don't see how the ending of beck was sad. Seemed like a pretty positive ending to me. What I liked so much about Beck was the realistic characters, so although they don't seem so similar I would recommend Honey and Clover. Lots of romance there, but certainly no action. I personally think it's a must watch for any anime fan, but I'm biased.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
Old 2008-09-17, 06:07   Link #7
zSolaris
Don't forget your lunch!

Send a message via MSN to zSolaris
Having never watched Beck, I can't really do a comparison.

Any of the Gundam Series (Recommend 08th MS Team and 00) have a lot of action with a rather nice romantic twist to them. Since 00 isn't finished airing, I can't tell you if it has a sad ending or not but 08th MS Team does have a very nice ending.

iDOL M@STER XENOGLASSIA could also work....even though the romance is very....awkward but it's got a nice deal of action.

Mai-Hime/Mai-Otome also are full of action with romance throughout.
Old 2008-09-17, 15:34   Link #8
v1cent

Well right now i am watching Erementar Gerard, and tough I can say it is what I am looking for, nice deal of acting, and romance to, can't say if it has a good ending or no, don't say --' And if it is written above i won't read xD

And Gundam series, well i am not a big fan of giant robots :S, like Megazords or something, i can't mind mecha like a robot suit for them to wear with average size, but giant robots never atracted me, but i haven't tried to see any, so i might also like them, but i doubt it tough

Edit: Well it is a bit sad tough, forgot the names tough x'P
Spoiler for Beck's Ending I think:
Old 2008-09-17, 19:30   Link #9
AceD
See You En' Tee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerberus03 View Post
full metal panic would be good if you like militiary mecha. i normally dont like mechas but this had my face glued to the screen. it wasnt totally fixed on mechas though which was a good thing lol.

zero no tsukaima has its fair share of action.

shakugan no shana is pretty good aswell.

Fate/stay night might pike your interest

will suggest more when i think of them.
i agree to all these, all good, can also try

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - very good anime
kaze no stigma - not the best anime ever, but its ok and its what your looking for
elfen lied - fantastic
Old 2008-09-17, 20:17   Link #10
Bathory Area
Jigoku Shoujo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voracious Hollow View Post
i agree to all these, all good, can also try

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - very good anime
kaze no stigma - not the best anime ever, but its ok and its what your looking for
elfen lied - fantastic
Both of kaze no stigma and Elfen lied are terrific. Tsukihime is quite boring.

Animation is O.K,but I enjoy light novel more.
Old 2008-09-20, 18:44   Link #11
v1cent

Hum ok, i have watched Elemental Gelade or Erementar Gerade, don't know wich is correct term and also Kaze No Stigma, and i loved both a lot, thanks

I loved both of them, i loved Erementar Gerade it has nice fair action, and romance, and spetacular story and ending, and Kaze No stigma i love the action the story, the romance, but the ending it had a lot to wish like a second season or something, it felt a bit unresolved love matter... I hope you can hint me more, animes more a less same genre, and i don't like very much the old and bad quality sound animes -.-'
Old 2008-09-21, 05:19   Link #12
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I guess romance action instantly means Macross Series.

And I second Busou Renkin, an overall great anime with great ending.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-09-21, 05:33   Link #13
Saleh
Inactive

Allison & Lillia, Tsubasa Chronicles, You're under arrest, Code geass, Sister of Wellber(), Blue Drop(), Gundam Seed, Destiny, etc.
Old 2008-09-23, 16:35   Link #14
v1cent

I have watched Beck, Erementar Gerade, Kaze No Stigma, Shakugan No Shana, i loved all ove them, specially Kaze No Stigma and Shakugan No Shana, can you orient more of the same genre, like i prefer fantasy rather than mecha, like all these above are, but if it is like these and excellent also then i don't mind, but i don't like giant robots.. And specially with the romance having a good end. And even if possible with all the things i said, and like above animes, but if it had like they figure they are in love with each other, and start dating on the middle or beggining end, between that, and then they would continue dating and with all the action and stuff like that. I don't know if I made myself clear tough
Old 2008-09-23, 18:18   Link #15
wootiewoot
Costume fetish

Err... if you like shakugan no shana, then you should also like fate/stay night. try it out, its pretty good in my opinion
Old 2008-09-24, 06:55   Link #16
blewin

Eureka Seven has lots of action and it charts the growing romance to its fullness. The anime has its hilarious moments too. The romance has a good end. And though E7 is mecha, you won't regret watching it, what's more, it's quite a refreshing and original mecha anime in its genre.
Old 2008-09-29, 14:35   Link #17
v1cent

thanks blewin, i loved it, its on one of my favorite animes list Can someone forward some more, and is fate/stay at night, with romance, on the site i take it doesn't refer romance on the types of the anime
Closed Thread