AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-05-08, 09:27   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Character Discussion - Yagiri Namie

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Yagari Namie related.

*picturing coming

To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Durarara!! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-05-08, 11:00   Link #2
BoopDeWoop

I personally, really like Namie, and she's probably my favorite character.
I just love her responses to Izaya in the light novels.
Also, the lack of Izaya/Namie dissapoints me.

The lovely avi and sig are by Stainglass
Old 2010-05-09, 16:07   Link #3
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I think its pretty cool that she did all that stuff for Seiji just to make him happy and she is very beautiful.

Old 2010-05-15, 00:21   Link #4
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoopDeWoop View Post

Ahh, so those really do exist and not just a fanart thingy ?

I wonder why the anime doesn't have any...
Old 2010-05-15, 11:36   Link #5
Anchor

Ahh I love Namie. If only she didn't work for that bastard Izaya.
Old 2010-05-16, 03:50   Link #6
StudioJC
Loser-Bum

Just a question. I think I missed something in Durarara about Namie.

Spoiler:
Old 2010-05-17, 21:54   Link #7
Renchan

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudioJC View Post
Just a question. I think I missed something in Durarara about Namie.

Spoiler:
Because Yagiri Pharmacy merged with Nebula. Nebula wants Celty's head, e Namie refuse to give it.
Old 2010-05-22, 22:55   Link #8
balolmeep

One thing that really strikes me about Namie is just how drastically different she is in the manga in versus in the anime. The manga she seems so... desperate. She's also a considerable amount more sexual, in action and even her body language. In the anime, she's so much more calculating and scheming. I think I like the anime's portrayal of her character better so far, but the manga isn't done so hard to give it pure justice.
Old 2010-06-08, 21:21   Link #9
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoopDeWoop View Post
I personally, really like Namie, and she's probably my favorite character.
I just love her responses to Izaya in the light novels.
Gack! I don't like the pairing, I don't think Izaya would have a relationship with her he the type that he would go with someone and use them and them dump them.

And when I first meet Nami, it bothered me how she acted and how she "loves" her brother deeply, (which I didn't want them together I wanted the two to be together, whatever those to are named XD) but now she became Izayas Secretary I wonder still if she still is spying on her brother or Izaya is doing that for her.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-06-08, 22:32   Link #10
kitten320

You are worried about Izaya beeing used? I think that woukd actually benefit him

I myself didn't like Namie at first, her brother obsession was a bit too much especially for someone like Seiji who is a walking idiot. How Namie can love someone like him is beyond me. However, it is also her plus. It shows how much she cares about those who are dear to her and how it would be better not to mess up with them.

Though I really started to like her after she started to work for Izaya. It had brought a new light to her character. Her Seiji obsession had been put to a minimum and she actually manages to do something cool, like for example her responses to Izaya.

This is a part from novel which was slightly cut off from anime:
Spoiler for space:

Totally love that response, sad that it wasn't completly included in anime. And how she had managed to remember all those tasks is beyond me, I had lost the track of Izaya's thoughts somewhere in the middle 0_o
And she also calls that an easy answer?! I don't even know such words x_x

And I do like the idea of Izaya/Namie, probably the most favorite pairing in series for me. Two masterminds who have some sence of humor and like to tease each other... what could be more innteresting and scary than that?

P.S. BoopDeWoop, I actually have found about 100 pics with them and biggest part is of good quality:

Spoiler for example:

So much love
Old 2010-06-09, 07:19   Link #11
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
Totally love that response, sad that it wasn't completly included in anime. And how she had managed to remember all those tasks is beyond me, I had lost the track of Izaya's thoughts somewhere in the middle 0_o
And she also calls that an easy answer?! I don't even know such words x_x
Namie seem to be a very competent person when her brother isn't in the equation. She could probably have saved the company from takeover if she hadn't been busy hunting her brother down. Then again, so was the stalker-girl being more than she appeared. The author seem to enjoy giving characters unique "gifts".
Old 2010-06-09, 10:28   Link #12
kitten320

If Namie will forget about Seiji and will actually join forces with Izaya, the city will be doomed
Both of them are way too smart and also evil at one point.

Are you reffering to Novel? I think I had seen that part, definetly was a huge suprise.
Old 2010-06-11, 02:11   Link #13
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
She did after all manage to rise to management position in a pharmaceutical company at a very young age. So it was natural that she's actually quite talented.

And while I don't read the novel from what readers have talked about so far it is shaping up to be a IzayaXNami pairing.
Old 2010-06-11, 15:44   Link #14
Kallen4life

Izaya x Namie is cute & funny

troll material too

I like Namie a lot when Seiji isn't around
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-06-11, 15:55   Link #15
kitten320

^Yeh same here, and if she will let go of her fangirl side it will be even better.
Old 2010-06-15, 01:20   Link #16
Vicious108

Her twisted and obsessive brocon side is what made her interesting to me. Now that that plot thread has reached a standstill and she's been relegated to Izaya's servant her character has become rather dull, and unfortunately I can't see that changing with only two episodes left.
Old 2010-06-15, 07:36   Link #17
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Twilight View Post
Her twisted and obsessive brocon side is what made her interesting to me. Now that that plot thread has reached a standstill and she's been relegated to Izaya's servant her character has become rather dull, and unfortunately I can't see that changing with only two episodes left.
Her role from now on is likely being able to talk to Izaya like a normal person. Someone Izaya can tell his secret plans to without making it sound like he is monologuing to the good guys. Without her, Izaya would be too much of a mystery.
Old 2010-06-15, 07:57   Link #18
kitten320

I'm pretty sure that in Novels she did take some action despite being around Izaya... but yeh anime won't cover that in 2 episodes. The only hope is season 2.
Old 2010-06-15, 08:08   Link #19
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
I'm pretty sure that in Novels she did take some action despite being around Izaya... but yeh anime won't cover that in 2 episodes. The only hope is season 2.
My point is that Izaya need her around to make his character work. Namie is just staying off the main plot for now while others get introduced.
Old 2010-06-15, 15:54   Link #20
kitten320

I guess when she will fulifil that role of hers, she also will get some light later