AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky☆Star - Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 197 43.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 127 28.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 72 16.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.11%
6 out of 10 : Average 17 3.78%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.22%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 0.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.22%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.33%
Voters: 450. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-12, 10:39   Link #101
westbluef
The Jesting Fool

L*S (for me) is more of a show that's nothing that is about everything. Ok as other posters have said.. some people will be turned off by the character design, (I guess its more of an acquired taste) but still it features things from our daily lives, that in a way gives the non-otaku a chance to relate to the jokes.
westbluef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 02:17   Link #102
Kyomi
What do I know?

7/10

Interesting references.
Wacky intro, interesting.

[Yup that pretty much sums up my toughs]
Old 2007-11-16, 20:28   Link #103
Kristen
*Author

This show was definately not a work of genius, in my opinion. I'd rather see Haruhi that Lucky Star, even though I've heard that they were so similar. However, this show was perfect as a light show. It was the kind of show to me to watch when I had a spare moment and needed something to do. It was light hearted enough to watch on that kind of a basis.
I loved a few of the references...
Akira: "You're not a crow."
Daisuke: "And you're not a dog."

And Tsukasa definately won my heart after a few episodes and easily became my favorite charecter. So cute and delicate!

Overally, not really as bad of a series as I thought it was going to be after seeing the first episode a few months ago and not bothering to continue past there. But still, it's nothing I'd rewatch.

6/10
Old 2007-11-16, 20:35   Link #104
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Track down whomever told you "Haruhi" was "so similar" to Lucky*Star and beat them even more senseless than they apparently were. The two series are not even the same genre...
It'd be like comparing Stargate to Monty Python's Flying Circus???

Last edited by Vexx; 2007-11-16 at 23:29.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-16, 20:50   Link #105
xharumoni
GOD

Send a message via AIM to xharumoni
Animation Quality: 9/10 - The motions of the characters are fluid, and it just feels like the animation is clean from the get go. The art, the direction, and the way Kyoto Animation did this series reflects their work of The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and its formula can be adjusted for any series that they work on. The art matches the emotions, the storylines, and the thoughts. Altogether, in spite of a need for a little more detail, it is another solid KyoAni effort.
Voice Actors: 10/10 - Amazing!
Script: 7/10 - The story plot, which is weak, is strengthened with the characters, who reflect different personalities and persuasions. It's a good balance
Editing: 8/10
Emotional Involvement: 10/10 - Absolutely loved it!!

Average: 8.8/10 --> 10/10
xharumoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 00:52   Link #106
kimchipride
Geass User

Would they make a S2?
kimchipride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 03:24   Link #107
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

There's no reason they couldn't once enough new manga material was generated... the manga is covering the girls last year in high school so the "new gang" would have to be the main focus of the second series. The Original Gang could make frequent appearances though as they enter college or the work force.

It just depends on the persistence of the buzz and interest in the comic and the related merchandise. I'm going to give it less than 50% though because of past observation of the anime industry. They just don't often tend to do things like that and when they do, it frequently falls flat.
Old 2007-11-30, 12:35   Link #108
Hammy
slice of life otaku

no spinoffs

Quote:
There's no reason they couldn't once enough new manga material was generated... the manga is covering the girls last year in high school so the "new gang" would have to be the main focus of the second series. The Original Gang could make frequent appearances though as they enter college or the work force.
i would much rather them not do a second season at all then change the focus Lucky Star to a different group of characters--that would be nothing more than a spinoff

Lucky Star is what it is because of the main characters--these are the main characters we got used to, and got to know the most--it is about them, not about the high school they go to

if there is a season two (which i do hope there is), there is absolutely no reason at all not to simply follow the main characters to college
Hammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-30, 12:38   Link #109
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammy View Post
i would much rather them not do a second season at all then change the focus Lucky Star to a different group of characters--that would be nothing more than a spinoff

Lucky Star is what it is because of the main characters--these are the main characters we got used to, and got to know the most--it is about them, not about the high school they go to

if there is a season two (which i do hope there is), there is absolutely no reason at all not to simply follow the main characters to college
I think it'll be strange to see them in college though. What makes Lucky Star so interesting is that other than seeing them deal with regular life obstacles, it is also that they had so much time to spend drifting around.

That and seeing as college is basically the entrance to the adult world... I don't want to see them being adult-fied. It is their innocent that also keep the series interesting. Their discussions about things they don't know and certain things like that.
Old 2007-11-30, 15:54   Link #110
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

A college setting following the 'original four' only makes sense if:
1) the manga 4-koma stories head that way or
2) the anime becomes an "anime-only" setting (which sometimes doesn't pan out well).
Old 2007-12-01, 15:02   Link #111
JustInn14
moo

... "Original Four"... Isn't this series a bit too new to decide which characters are classic?
JustInn14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 03:12   Link #112
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

??? It isn't a question of which characters are "classic" ... for a great deal of the first pack of 4-koma (and the anime) there are 4 primary characters: Kona, Kagami, Tsubasa, and Miyuki. The 'original four' to appear in the manga/anime ... all the other characters appear on stage later (though several of them assume positions at least as central depending on what muse leads the mangaka onward).

What is happening in the manga is that the focus has been shifting from the those four to the newer characters but it basically gives the mangaka more characters to juggle.
Old 2007-12-21, 12:29   Link #113
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

I'v Never Thought I would Like It....
Ep1 First 5 min I Thought This stupid Show but Then I Like It....
Not My Favorite But Good Anime I Give It 8/10...
Old 2007-12-21, 14:19   Link #114
Rookie103

I haven't seen all of it yet, I've just finished episode 17. The intro is funny, kinda wierd, the series itself is pretty awesome, cool references.
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-26, 01:58   Link #115
Jintor

It's a very Seinfieldian show, but it's a lot more funny than Seinfield... imho. :P

It's a very background show, imho. It's not something I can stare at and watch continually, unless I'm seeing the episodes for the first time. It's more something I can leave on in the background while I'm doing something else, look up, smirk a bit or roll of the floor because of a Konata comment, and get back to whatever I'm doing.

That said, it is a brilliant piece of work.
Jintor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-27, 16:43   Link #116
Cavie
rawr rawr monster

Send a message via MSN to Cavie
8/10
Almost fell asleep during the first episode. After the first few, I couldn't get enough. I found it amazing how much I could relate to Konata Izumi.
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-31, 13:52   Link #117
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavie View Post
8/10
Almost fell asleep during the first episode. After the first few, I couldn't get enough. I found it amazing how much I could relate to Konata Izumi.
I Know How You Feel... in First 5 Min ...I Was Just About To Delete The Anime..
But..Something Happened I Couldn't Have Enough Too..Their Some Magic In The Anime ...
I hope There S2
And HAPPY NEW YEAR Every One
Old 2008-01-10, 09:15   Link #118
kim8268

well I gave a perfect 10 because this series was good on start (to test others stuborness for action I guess) to end. And It really help when I watch school days ending ( I have a phoebia in seeing blood). I watch until morning to shake of the incident. very fun and funny to watch I hope there will be at least a OVA after clannad

well Im a little late at posting but If there will be a second season. There will be a change of character to add spice there will be likeness to the but different in background and new hillarious jokes or content I guess that it wou be posible because as I observe the ending. There where to unnamed characters in there that will hint for new season or OVa I guess

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-01-26 at 03:07. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
kim8268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-17, 14:50   Link #119
Rookie103

Just finished watching thw whole series, I hope their cheerleading performance went well! But overall 8/10 I liked the humor and it got a lot better towards the end. Fingers crossed for a series two!
Rookie103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 14:36   Link #120
Midori Chi

I give it a 10! =D Totally loved it!

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-01-26 at 03:11.
Midori Chi is offline   Reply With Quote