Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-04, 12:19   Link #121
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
I don't care who has the biggest hsitry, who has what novel..bla bla bla. Since Sky Girls aired first, people will label Striker Witches as a ripoff. It's only natural to think as the one you saw first is the original. And technicly, it is, since it aired first.
So if in anticipation for some new anime, knowing hints to the story and design someone makes a cheap-arse animation and places it on youtube he is thus the holder of the "orginal work" and has the right to sue the later aiered anime? Or am I missing something in your logic...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
And let me just say that some of you seems to have forgotten that the suit that the sky girls wore also didn't come with pants

But I suspect that most of this is Gonzo hate anyway rather than whats being shown (which is no way in hell offensive in anyway...want offensive service? look at Kanokon)...whatever ~
Yes it most likely is. I can't imagine any other reason why people would get so worked up and spam all this nonsense. They're just wearing damn swimsuits; how much of a complexed virgin brat can you be to get all worked up for a stupid thing like that. It's like you're all going to the beach and shouting: "Oh noes look at those people!! Why aren't they wearing pants, sweaters, coats, socks, hats and scarfs!! Eeek!"
Old 2008-07-04, 12:37   Link #122
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
So if in anticipation for some new anime, knowing hints to the story and design someone makes a cheap-arse animation and places it on youtube he is thus the holder of the "orginal work" and has the right to sue the later aiered anime? Or am I missing something in your logic...
I tend to just ignore dumb-ass comments like that
Quote:
Yes it most likely is. I can't imagine any other reason why people would get so worked up and spam all this nonsense. They're just wearing damn swimsuits; how much of a complexed virgin brat can you be to get all worked up for a stupid thing like that. It's like you're all going to the beach and shouting: "Oh noes look at those people!! Why aren't they wearing pants, sweaters, coats, socks, hats and scarfs!! Eeek!"
+ 1

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 12:41   Link #123
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
I don't care who has the biggest hsitry, who has what novel..bla bla bla. Since Sky Girls aired first, people will label Striker Witches as a ripoff. It's only natural to think as the one you saw first is the original. And technicly, it is, since it aired first.
As Jiyuu had said, Strike Witches OVA came first too. You lose. Thanks for playing.

In summary, you are ignorant, refuses to learn, and seems to be damn proud of displaying it too.

Thanks, I'll ignore your comments from now on.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 12:43   Link #124
tigerwoods

Send a message via MSN to tigerwoods
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiyuu View Post
strike witches ova came before the sky girls anime..

thats like saying "well i didn't watch eva till the movie, its just such a raxhaphon ripoff!!"
thats plain dumb.
And if I'm not wrong Sky Girls OVA came before Strike Witches OVA, but the problem isn't really who came first.
Old 2008-07-04, 12:51   Link #125
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
i was just saying that the fact he didn't watch the strike witches ova doesn't make the sky girls ova the original..
i didn't check it but people here said that strike witches's novel came before sky girls.. thou i might be mistaken..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:16   Link #126
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
You do realise that Strike Witches came BEFORE Sky Girls right? Strike Witches' history goes back to 2005. Originally in 2006 due to Gonzo's financial problems which led to their delay of them getting Strike Witches out before Sky Girls, which Konami yanked the character designer of Strike Witches to make Sky Girls anime for them to cash in first. in Japan, all the fans were crying over the fact that Strike Witches got delayed and named Sky Girls the bad rip-off. Now they're rejoicing that it's finally here. Some even claimed they've waited for 3 years (from the original announcement of the Strike Witches OVA).

The Gonzo hate is getting ridculious, at least get your facts first before spewing off.
Both the Gonzo and Sunrise hate in my opinion. Especially since both frequently come with a significant dearth of logical thinking in favour of just carrying the hate trend. Something does fit? Feign ignorance. That sort of thing

And the fact that I've seen people cheering that GDH might be forced to downsize and quite a few people who probably have no blame on them for it are going to lose their jobs disgusts me a little. I'm just hoping this thread isn't in danger of decaying like other Gonzo series ones.

This whole argument though reminds me of when people suddenly started claiming that Code Geass was a fanservice series because there were a few shots of girls posing in bikinis and some sexual tension scenes between the main character and two of the female leads. It was nowhere near the level of over-exposure that people were claiming, but people were blowing it out of proportion because of the popular trend that is to freak out on Sunrise sequels for every possible transgression that might lead them to think it will end poorly (see Gundam Seed Destiny). Gonzo has it worse though. By god before Dragonaut even people were prejudging their series negatively based on anything they could find, and sometimes nothing at all.

The other thing that's the same is that a lot of series pull characters in skimpy clothing, just like with Code Geass where a lot of series pull the action and have lots of plot twists and inverse plot exposition, but because of the names behind them people instantly seize on it as uniquely offensive to them and they get complained about whereas other series the "problem" would be passed over in favour of enjoying the show. It's bias and it's a game for some people, I know it is and I'm glad people are starting to second guess the inherent beliefs that some things are automatically good and other things are automatically bad in anime and realizing that the bias and prejudice against certain ideas or names that has caught on in the anime community has crossed the point of absurdity.

Frankly it makes me not want to bother getting involved in the anime community to much as of late because so many people I can see have closed their minds to thinking about and receiving anime in more then one predetermined way. This debate on this thread is but one example of where the evidence has been clearly put before someone to prove that they are wrong, but their prejudice has led them to reject the truth in favour of their inherent belief that Gonzo should be condemned.

It's a sad state of affairs in this rather divided community.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-07-04 at 13:32.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 13:36   Link #127
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
No no no no, that's not what I meant. I was just saying where the "this is a ripoff" came from.

BTW, the Sky Girls OVA came BEFORE the Strike Witches OVA, so I guess that YOU lose....whoever you are

Sky Girls OVA: 25.08.2006
Strike Witches OVA: 01.01.2007

Now......witch one came first again, Mr.Man?
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:10   Link #128
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
This got licensed already? You've gotta be kidding me.

>_<

I probably already knew this and forgot.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:17   Link #129
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

I don't care which came first. These are just fun animes to watch.

I thoroughly enjoyed Sky Girls and was hoping Strike Witches would become a TV series, which it has now.

I just liken this show as Sky Girls WWII version. XD However, it starts off a bit better than Sky Girls in my opinion. More thoughts after I finish the first episode though.

By the way, some of the voices sound familiar from the ones from Sky Girls. O.o It could be just my imagination though.
octoberasian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:19   Link #130
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Which came first, the chicken or the egg? Seriously though, I don't get why people are getting uppity about which came first. Nobody should really give a damn which one what shown/created first. Ok, Strike Witches shares some similarities with Sky Girls, but rather people primarily discussing those similarities/differences or about the show in general, half of the posts I've got to read through are pointless arguements over who's copying who. Honestly, I didn't think I'd get to see GameFAQs'-esque posting here, it's quite annoying .
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:27   Link #131
kaosmos

Quote:
"No no no no, that's not what I meant. I was just saying where the "this is a ripoff" came from.

BTW, the Sky Girls OVA came BEFORE the Strike Witches OVA, so I guess that YOU lose....whoever you are

Sky Girls OVA: 25.08.2006
Strike Witches OVA: 01.01.2007

Now......witch one came first again, Mr.Man?"
...Cant watch this anymore.

http://wapedia.mobi/en/Strike_Witches

And whatever who came first,fact is,this isn't a rip-off,period.

Nobody's forcing you to watch this.

S.N:sorry for my English.
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:32   Link #132
mandarb916

awe dammit...my "cameltoe" tag got taken down :|
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:33   Link #133
DmonHiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
This got licensed already? You've gotta be kidding me.

>_<

I probably already knew this and forgot.
It's not really licensed, but AnimeSuki has a policy of treating some anime like it is, since GONZO is doing subtitles releases for it online
Old 2008-07-04, 15:51   Link #134
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
It's not really licensed, but AnimeSuki has a policy of treating some anime like it is, since GONZO is doing subtitles releases for it online
Oh, okay.

I don't think I've previously been interested in a series where this has been an issue. Does this generally mean that no one subs it (aside from Gonzo)? Does this "grease the rails" towards bringing it over the pond to America?

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:52   Link #135
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I'm wondering why the first episode has been taken off Youtube and for CR you are forced to donate if you want to watch it...I mean I watched it for free fine yesterday but today...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 15:55   Link #136
DmonHiro

Well.....I don't know about youtube since I don't use it, but from what I remember, you can watch it on CR and pay if you want a HQ version, at least that is the deal with Blassrieter and Duraga
Old 2008-07-04, 16:08   Link #137
Ashlotte
Clockwork

I'm not really sure what there is to fuss about here...Personally I'm just grateful there's even been two Mechamusume series so recently. Need less complaining and more gratefulness to have more shows in such a narrow genre.

Anyway I liked it. Kinda silly how the girls don't wear pants when their not piloting and the fact that the seifku's amount to a school swimsuit with a sailor top. Oh well thats service for ya.

BTW love the airplane engine sounds when they fly...Cant wait for more group fights.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:22   Link #138
Wesley84

The lack of pants is distracting. It's like I'm torn between watching the action and averting my gaze from the crotch-closeups. I do like how they picked apart the Neuroi in the beginning. It reminded me off how Battleships were made obsolete by aircraft.

Rather than not liking war, Yoshika should really be hating on the Neuroi for taking her dad away from her. "Oh a battleship I don't like war" that's just a plain ignorant thing to say given the circumstances of the world she's lviing in. She should be happy about it if anything.

Also it should be very easy for her to hate the Neuroi, regardless fo what happened with her dad. They're these mysterious things that came out of no where and started blowing up cities for no apparent reason. They're obviously a threat, and there's no relating or reasoning with them.

"If it weren't for the war..." should really be "if it weren't for the Neuroi."
Wesley84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:37   Link #139
kaosmos

Quote:
"Oh a battleship I don't like war" that's just a plain ignorant thing to say given the circumstances of the world she's lviing in.
Well,she's a kid,or so i'd like to say but...i think she's just "that" type of character,the "we should be able to coexist even with mysterious mankind-destroying monster!"-type.

I just hope we won't have to endure her over-pacifism/war-hating mania for too long,it could be annoying,and given the 13 ep limit,it would ruin everything.

as for me,i'm watching this for miyuki sawashiro... but i do like the concept.
(and the battles..)

sorry for my English..i just want to participate.
kaosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-04, 17:49   Link #140
Jiyuu

Send a message via MSN to Jiyuu
actually your english is perfectly fine..

and about crunchy/youtube
Quote:
The episodes will be available for download (with donation) immediately after Japan broadcast (about 9am PST on Thursdays). It'll also be available for streaming a little later from 2pm-12am PST (~10 hours) -- so make sure you set your clocks!
it would seem that at least at crunchy the episodes will be available for streaming for 10 hours.
and after that its only ep for buying..
Jiyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, bost tv, gonzo, kemonomimi, mecha, mecha musume