Notices

Old 2011-07-28, 19:24   Link #301
amasposu

Spoiler for episode 3:
amasposu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-29, 03:50   Link #302
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

I just noticed that there is a manga named Yuruyuru, which is completely unrelated to this series Yuruyuri. Then we have Yuriyuri, the more yuri sister of Yuruyuri

Only need another series name "yuri Yuru" and then we are done
Old 2011-07-29, 04:01   Link #303
Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
I just noticed that there is a manga named Yuruyuru, which is completely unrelated to this series Yuruyuri. Then we have Yuriyuri, the more yuri sister of Yuruyuri

Only need another series name "yuri Yuru" and then we are done
And Yuruyuri is published in yuri magazin aimed at ... males! (while there is a sister magazin with 70% female readership). Though it seems the magazine where Yuruyuri was punlished was closed last year. Did it move to female one?
Old 2011-07-29, 05:29   Link #304
tezu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
And Yuruyuri is published in yuri magazin aimed at ... males! (while there is a sister magazin with 70% female readership). Though it seems the magazine where Yuruyuri was punlished was closed last year. Did it move to female one?
I believe Comic Yuri Hime S (the original magazine Yuru Yuri ran in) was merged with its sister magazine Comic Yuri Hime, so the new Yuru Yuri chapters are serialized in Comic Yuri Hime (chapter 52 just appeared in the July 2011 issue).
Old 2011-07-29, 06:30   Link #305
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezu View Post
I believe Comic Yuri Hime S (the original magazine Yuru Yuri ran in) was merged with its sister magazine Comic Yuri Hime, so the new Yuru Yuri chapters are serialized in Comic Yuri Hime (chapter 52 just appeared in the July 2011 issue).
SO it will get more yuri form now on? *finger crossed*
Old 2011-07-31, 05:37   Link #306
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

For this month's poster, Megami Magazine chose a solo pic of Chinatsu

Spoiler for Chinatsu:
Old 2011-07-31, 05:40   Link #307
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

There's wrinkles in the left side of the bed as well, I wonder what crazy entity produced those.
Old 2011-07-31, 06:10   Link #308
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

They also gave a nice touch including a photograph (right above the pillow) of all the three girls together. This way, Yui and Kyouko can be there with Chinatsu even without actually being there.
Old 2011-07-31, 06:34   Link #309
tsunade666

Everyone was bullying Akarin

wait who was Akarin again?
Old 2011-07-31, 06:41   Link #310
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
For this month's poster, Megami Magazine chose a solo pic of Chinatsu

Spoiler for Chinatsu:
Kyuubey pillow and a pinguin? Chinatsu really is Miraku-run.
Old 2011-07-31, 08:49   Link #311
wingman32x

Got around to watching episode 4. I was kinda surprised that Yui gave Chinatsu a little kiss. She gave me the vibe of a more reserved character who wouldn't do stuff like that willy nilly. That look Chinatsu gave her totally melted her though. I'm really liking Ayano. I love tsundere's that are bad at hiding their true feelings .
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-31, 12:29   Link #312
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Kyuubey pillow and a pinguin? Chinatsu really is Miraku-run.
Looks more like the Lucky Star Cat or something than Kyuubey to me .
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 13:00   Link #313
Midonin
Last Engage

Before I start this week, character songs for the student council have been listed. Good news all around.

Yuru Yuri 05 - Fall of the Hero of Justice Akarin

The three segments all transitioned rather nicely into each other this week. C80, the gathering of nerds and nerd-affiliated alike, is always fun to see. I love that Kyoko is super-excited even when she sells ten copies of her work. There's a true passion for the arts there. Chitose also has a passion for the arts, but in a different way.

Going by comments made at C80, Mirakurun must be a year long show in the style of Pretty Cure, since it runs for at least two cours (the mention of an 18th episode confirms that.) Not every hero of justice is a magical girl, though. Akari's one herself - and Sakurako and Kyoko have the exact same thought process regarding her hairstyle. Himawari's little sister is both cute and unnervingly philosophical. Bit of a contrast from, say, Mihoshi Tachibana.

The psych on the opening caught me and Yui off guard. For once, nothing happened. But this is surely only a setup for something far worse to happen next week. Or this week. Akari not only knows Chinatsu's secret, she's been touched against her will. This show writes its own doujinshi. Which Kyoko can no doubt take to C81.

Curiously, Rivalun was voiced by Aoi Yuki. Meruru and Madoka meet, maybe?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 13:27   Link #314
tezu

The episode did a good job at underlining Kyoko's otaku personality and establishing more connections between Kyoko and Ayano, but I hope they won't overdo the magical girl stuff (first half was full with Mirakurun, second half had another magical girl battle with Akarin vs Chinatsu and judging by the preview, next episode's going to be about Chinatsu cosplaying as Mirakurun for Yui's cousin Mari-chan, so we'll get to see even more magical girl action...I always have mixed feelings about anime-only "fillers" because more fillers always means less chapters animated.)

Also, Chitose. If the cast of yuruyuri is one-dimensional, Chitose's ZERO-dimensional. I think Chitose needs to develop a real personality. Like, thinking about herself or interacting with others. So far she stands aloof, secluded in her little shipping world, distant from the cast. And with a character like that, you easily get bored with the repeating routines if the jokes aren't done in an extraordinarily good way (Akarin). They need to make her more interesting as a person.

Anyway, the Comiket sequence reminded me of Lucky Star (Konata dragging along Kagami and Tsukasa) and I thought Yui was rather cute when she tried to greet that kid as Rivalun :3

The end of the episode was totally hilarious! Poor Akarin, but at least she's got more presence now :P And LOL @ the title "When Akari and the cicadas cry" - I loved the buildup (pause + cicadas), the execution (buns flying off, chase)...everything! But Chinatsu in the anime is even creepier than in the manga :/ Dunno if that's a good thing.

Quote:
Sakurako and Kyoko have the exact same thought process
Yeah, I think they resemble each other a lot. Both can be very annoying, depend on their childhood friend (Himawari, Yui) a lot and have a vivid imagination/weird logic. Sakurako is perhaps a little more difficult to deal with since she's all tsuntsun and doesn't even realize that she's causing trouble for her friend. On a sidenote: Kyoko wasn't angry at Akarin for getting kissed by Chinatsu. But when Yui kissed Chinatsu on the forehead, she was boiling with rage

Last edited by tezu; 2011-08-02 at 15:44.
tezu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 14:00   Link #315
EroKing

Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2011-08-01, 14:05   Link #316
Xacual

This episode was amazingly hilarious for me, especially that ending. I was dying laughing though I felt really bad for Akari.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 15:24   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was just too good.

Spoiler for episode 5:
Old 2011-08-01, 16:07   Link #318
Sides

^^ poor akari. If only yui and kyoko were few seconds faster.
I think girls with pink hair are becoming more and more creepier, in the anime/manga world.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 16:20   Link #319
tsunade666

Episode 05 "when Akarin cries "

The episode start with a blast of Ayano getting drag by Kyoko to summer comiket. This place is the paradise for Chitose and trouble for Yui because she's taking care of her and her huge blood lost. While Ayano and Kyoko was left behind to stay in the circle. Quality time between those two. And it would end well for Ayano if only Kyoko didn't buy 3-4 box of doujinshi which she wants to take home with. Chitose also bought enough for 1 box. Now the 4 girls are going home with tons of things to brought back.

2nd Part was with Sakurako and Himawari. Nice story too with hero of justice Akarin and moe little sister of Himawari that knows difficult words for her age.

The last part was Akarin and Chinatsu centered.... well to sum it up this part was Akarin being eaten by Chinatsu when Akarin cries.
Old 2011-08-01, 18:08   Link #320
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Chitose was able to drop blood even from the costume. Her fantasies were mega strong this time around. Himawari's sister is just too cute. With a face like that looking at you even impossible could be made possible.

Akarin's first kiss was stolen. And the face she made could definitely belong to one from the raped/broken victims.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, seinen, yuri