AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-06-15, 21:41   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 499 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---
Chapter Status: Supposed spoiler out...

Quote:
-Naruto defeats the Kyuubi with Sage Mode...

-Kyuubi mentions Rikudou-Sennin before finally collapsing...

-Kushina, before she disappears, tells Naruto that she was the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki...

-No chapter next week...

Last edited by james0246; 2010-06-16 at 08:04.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 22:41   Link #2
BlueCosmos

I wonder if Naruto inherited her special charka and will it help defeat the Kyubi. Just have to wait and see
BlueCosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 00:47   Link #3
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-As far as I know:

-Naruto says good-bye to his mother and defeats the Kyuubi (no images or details as of yet).
-He returns to Yamato and Killerbee and is designated as the 2nd perfect jinchuuriki.
-As a side note: Chapter 500 will mark the showcase of Sasuke's EMS but there is a week long break before that.
(Source appears to be from Ohana).

-So we get a rather quick ending to the Kyuubi mastering but that's better than dragging it out for too long. Not too pleased about having to wait a week for Sasuke's comming out party though. Its like trying to hold your excitement on opening a Christmas present and to find out you got cigarettes sold by the local vendor.
Old 2010-06-16, 01:09   Link #4
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
As a side note: Chapter 500 will mark the showcase of Sasuke's EMS but there is a week long break before that.
imo naruto gonna end like

naruto master the kyubi thing
sasuke did his lasik surgery
both finding each other
madara some how died
sasuke lost and return konoha,as a result he will be blinded forever
Old 2010-06-16, 01:19   Link #5
Crimson Reaper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-As far as I know:

-Naruto says good-bye to his mother and defeats the Kyuubi (no images or details as of yet).
-He returns to Yamato and Killerbee and is designated as the 2nd perfect jinchuuriki.
-As a side note: Chapter 500 will mark the showcase of Sasuke's EMS but there is a week long break before that.
(Source appears to be from Ohana).
This is different from the spoiler I read but it also said the Kyuubi was beaten so I'm guessing at least that much is true. Normally I would be against such a quick end but to be honest it's been a long time coming for Naruto to take control of that chakra and I'd rather the plot go on from here.
Crimson Reaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 01:27   Link #6
Lendial

neutered into a vulpix. oh how the mighty have fallen.
Old 2010-06-16, 01:33   Link #7
Lunarskylar

naruto would be the 3rd perfect jinchuriki
actually technically 4th, since yagura the yondaime mizukage could control his sanbi, and of course the sage of 6 paths was the jinchuriki for the freakin jyubii
Old 2010-06-16, 01:42   Link #8
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
-So in the end Kushina was just a plot device to beat the Kyuubi?
-If Naruto becomes a "perfect" jinchuuriki then he should be able to go 9-tails, right?
-Should be good to see how Sasuke's doing, he was pretty crazy with plain MS, I wonder just how power-drunk an EMS Sasuke looks like.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 01:59   Link #9
Nite-Wing

What a way to make Issue 500 amazing instead of showcasing Madara and whats in the coffin we get to see what Sasuke's EMS looks like.

Naruto beating the Kyubi so quickly made this training arc a joke.
So theres gonna be a break next week apparently?
Old 2010-06-16, 02:06   Link #10
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendial View Post
neutered into a vulpix. oh how the mighty have fallen.
lol love your quote

On a side note where people have been talking about the kekkei genkai that naruto might have being the reason why he can handle the corrosiveness of the kyuubis chakra which not even sakura cant heal imo isnt the kekkei genkai. The reason why naruto can withstand the corrosiveness to such a high degree is because of the seal which lets some of kyuubis chakra leak into narutos own. Basically Naruto has built up a tolerance to it. For eg. snake venom can kill a person but taken in small amounts over a long period of time will build up an immunity to that particular species of snake. Also Arsenic is deadly to humans but taken tiny amounts over a period of time can build an immunity to arsenic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
-So in the end Kushina was just a plot device to beat the Kyuubi?
-If Naruto becomes a "perfect" jinchuuriki then he should be able to go 9-tails, right?
-Should be good to see how Sasuke's doing, he was pretty crazy with plain MS, I wonder just how power-drunk an EMS Sasuke looks like.
yes naruto should be able to go nine tails but i'm wondering if he needs kyuubis will to be involved for the bijuu transformation. In the Pain fight Kyuubi told naruto to release the seal so he could be fully released that would have meant that all of kyuubis will would have been freed.
I'm interested in seeing what Sasukes EMS looks like. Going from Madaras EMS it was a combination of His MS and his brothers. Sasukes MS doesnt give much room for anything else and doesnt look compatable with Itachis MS, picture wise. It would probably have to look completely different. I wonder if Madara did a seal on Itachis eyes that allow Madara to control Sasuke completely after implantation. It is pretty plausible.
Also while yes, Sasuke was pretty strong with MS, he wasnt that strong. Compared to the other uchiha we have seen use MS, Sasuke was weak. Itachi was so strong with the MS. Sure enough Itachi had some experience with the MS - he had it for longer, but MS has only a limited amount of uses before the user becomes blind. Itachis Genjutsu was shit loads stronger than Sasukes. Sasuke did show more ability with Amateratsu with the Enton (Itachi either didnt have this ability or just didnt reveal it). But Itachis Susanoo was at its final form when we saw it as far as we know. Sasuke only reached that stage a couple second before he became completely blind. And no Itachi didnt become blind just before he died, he just overused his eyes, just like what happened with Sasuke when he fought danzou.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
What a way to make Issue 500 amazing instead of showcasing Madara and whats in the coffin we get to see what Sasuke's EMS looks like.

Naruto beating the Kyubi so quickly made this training arc a joke.
So theres gonna be a break next week apparently?
Not really... When Bee beat Hachibi he did it in an instant. Naruto was at it for a while. And there wasnt much to the fight anyway. Just had to drag out the chakra without taking the will with it and before kyuubi took narutos.

Right now i cant see Naruto or Bee remaining on the island anymore. But first i think that Kisame is going to attack Bee when he is alone.Naruto might or might not be involved but either way Naruto and Bee will be told to leave the island and escape... Probably by Gai who interrupts Kisame almost defeating Bee. Guy will most likely open all 8 gates and starts his fight with Kisame. In sacrificing himself (since he opened all 8 gates) Gai will defeat Kisame and break Samehada killing the sword

Last edited by Hunter; 2010-06-16 at 11:50.
ragnos007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 03:01   Link #11
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
Not really... When Bee beat Hachibi he did it in an instant. Naruto was at it for a while. And there wasnt much to the fight anyway. Just had to drag out the chakra without taking the will with it and before kyuubi took narutos.
He didn't beat the Hachibi in an instant he beat his hatred in an instant. Also the Kyubi is supposed to be the strongest Biju out there. Anticlimatic battles have been a staple for naruto for a while now.
Old 2010-06-16, 05:34   Link #12
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Wing View Post
He didn't beat the Hachibi in an instant he beat his hatred in an instant. Also the Kyubi is supposed to be the strongest Biju out there. Anticlimatic battles have been a staple for naruto for a while now.
But really what else could have happened. Kishi already went through all the possibilities.
Help from Bee,
Bee save naruto when kyuubi chakra blasts naruto
Naruto enters sage mode attacking kyuubi with gigantic rasengan and the
rasenshurikan (his strongest attack).
Naruto starts pulling out chakra but kyuubi hijacks him by forcing his will into the chakra getting taken out
At the same time he is then taking narutos chakra
At this point naruto is beaten
Naruto is saved again by mother.

Really what else could happen there isnt a huge range of possibilities. What??? they wrestle for a bit longer??? That would be boring... Naruto talks Kyuubi into giving up like he did with nagato??? I can already hear the complaints with that. Plus that would be boring. The only thing that could have happened is finishing the tug of war. This wasnt a battle of attacks not really anyway. This was a tug of war battle.

And realistically, about the Whats in the coffin part.. That scene is long over. What are we going to see??? Kabuto summoning the coffin again and saying "bringing this out was a good way of blackmailing madara" There isnt any way of making it interesting right now. The only way it will be great is by revealing it at the right time - when kabuto needs to use it. Madara has already to kabutos terms why would he renig on the deal straight after making it?
I think that there could have been only 2 possibilities for the 500th episode.
1. Revealing sasukes EMS since this is a big thing.
2. Naruto beating kyuubi. That would have meant that this chapter would be postponed for a chapter. And in this chapters place would be more conversation between naruto and mum.
Old 2010-06-16, 06:13   Link #13
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
3rd option. Naruto actually struggles for long to defeat the Kyubi. That would have been the best option and that's what the fans were expected. Yes, Bee's and Yamato's help is a basic requirement but let us see his actual struggle more. Also this mother thing was really a letdown if she disappears soon. The whole "battle" made the Kyubi look like a joke if it's finished with just that.

Well, I should have expected though...The mighty worf effect can subdue anyone without exception.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 06:44   Link #14
Sasheks

Prolonging the fight - that's the anime teams job. And that will happen.
Old 2010-06-16, 06:47   Link #15
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

So, I've seen bits about Kushina being the previous Kyuubi jinchuuriki. Are those confirmed? Because that does explain how the Kyuubi knows her by name. But also raises questions of exactly how the Kyuubi was removed from her in the first place and used by Madara.

Also about the Kyuubi battle being short, keep in mind that the spoiler itself doesn't really describe much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnos007 View Post
lol love your quote
On a side note where people have been talking about the kekkei genkai that naruto might have being the reason why he can handle the corrosiveness of the kyuubis chakra which not even sakura cant heal imo isnt the kekkei genkai. The reason why naruto can withstand the corrosiveness to such a high degree is because of the seal which lets some of kyuubis chakra leak into narutos own.
Yeah but Yamato said otherwise. He mentioned that it was the quality of Naruto's chakra that allows him to withstand the Kyuubi's chakra. I'm not really sure how much he knows about Naruto's heritage, but he knew Naruto's chakra was different. The Kyuubi also hints this chapter that the ability stems from Rikoudu Sennin.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 06:51   Link #16
ragnos007

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
3rd option. Naruto actually struggles for long to defeat the Kyubi. That would have been the best option and that's what the fans were expected. Yes, Bee's and Yamato's help is a basic requirement but let us see his actual struggle more. Also this mother thing was really a letdown if she disappears soon. The whole "battle" made the Kyubi look like a joke if it's finished with just that.

Well, I should have expected though...The mighty worf effect can subdue anyone without exception.
But how will it look on paper??
Naruto: I'm Gonna beat you
Kyuubi: You're just a runt
Kyuubi charges at naruto
Naruto dodges
The end
Kishi cant draw it out without making it look boring or repeating himself
It isnt a fight to defeat each other
Naruto cant attack alot because he needs to keep his chakra to drag out kyuubis and if he runs it down too low then kyuubi will just have to breath in and that will be the end of naruto. Naruto cant keep on going into sage mode either because when sage mode is finished he is exhausted
This is a fight of the wills not a physical battle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheks View Post
Exactly
Old 2010-06-16, 06:58   Link #17
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Have you ever heard about mental battle? In short it all would be a dream but an important one which decides who would be on the top. Something akin to Bleach's Vaizard training for example.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 07:11   Link #18
iBeast

Sasuke vs. Kabuto

Lets go
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-16, 07:44   Link #19
Nite-Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasheks View Post
Seeing how they are botching the Pein fight this is not always a good thing but I dont really see how they could mess this up if they need to prolong it.
Old 2010-06-16, 09:41   Link #20
Emilis
Sacrificing the elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
So, I've seen bits about Kushina being the previous Kyuubi jinchuuriki. Are those confirmed? Because that does explain how the Kyuubi knows her by name. But also raises questions of exactly how the Kyuubi was removed from her in the first place and used by Madara.
Maybe it wasn't removed. Perhaps she released her seal fighting Madara (or at some other point during the war), and because she didn't have perfect control over the Kyuubi it consumed her the same way it looked like it was about to happen to Naruto when he was fighting Pain. Tobi still claims that it wasn't really controlled by Madara at all at that time. The Kyuubi would have started rampaging around after consuming Kushina with or without Madara's direction. When the 4th realized what happened he was sacrificing both himself and Kushina to save the village.

That would explain why Kushina just vanished after the incident. It explains why the Kyuubi knows her. And most of all it gives her a plausible reason for existing in the Kyuubi's chakra/consciousness. The only thing I would still wonder is why hasn't she shown up before now?
Emilis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly chapter discussion