AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-01-16, 02:01   Link #41
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by thenightsshadow View Post
Here are my 5.

Ignore the fact that it's in Hiragana...I'm having quite a bit of problems with my computer right now...
Actually, I was hoping that someone would post that, since I did receive a hirigana entry that my script can't make out. (The letter "a" with the tilda over it) The good news is that I have some knowledge of hirigana, so I can make out who you nominated.

Last edited by minhtam1638; 2008-01-16 at 04:28.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:13   Link #42
Daneja
Always needs more Loli

Mitham ..... question i was nominating my choices but accidentally pushed 'enter' with only 2 nominations can this still be changed ?
Old 2008-01-16, 16:48   Link #43
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
By the time this one is over I guess it will be time for the 2ch Saimoe again.
Old 2008-01-16, 16:51   Link #44
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daneja View Post
Mitham ..... question i was nominating my choices but accidentally pushed 'enter' with only 2 nominations can this still be changed ?
I presume your nominations begin with

5. Kyou Fujibayashi - Clannad
4. Hayate Yagami - Nanoha
3. ...
2. ...
1. ...

Assuming you're on the same computer, yes, you can still change it.
Old 2008-01-16, 17:19   Link #45
Daneja
Always needs more Loli

changed ^_^
Old 2008-01-16, 23:30   Link #46
cleo

This was hard, I feel sorry for all the girls I had to scratch
Final list:
5 pts - Fuko Ibuki (Clannad)
4 pts - Oboro Iga (Basilisk)
3 pts - Chii (Chobits)
2 pts - Chihiro (Ef -a tale of memories)
1 pts - Chise (Saikano)
Old 2008-01-17, 04:18   Link #47
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Okay, odd. International Saimoe League is now "officially" international. A forum board in Vietnam found our site via AnimeSuki. It was kind of odd finding them by google, weird that they didn't notice it was run by minhtam2448 (Minhtam is a Vietnamese name), and a little offensive that they marked me as "Suiseiseki-lover". I did extend my warm welcome to them in Vietnamese, and also made sure they know that I'm rather a Shana-fanatic.

However, in order to give our website and this league an international feel, I want to be able to have a Japanese and Korean introductory and "how to vote" page, exactly like how Saimoe Japan did it last year. I am looking for translators in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. It is rather simple. I e-mail you a message that I want conveyed, the person who volunteers translates it, and then I post it on the website and make sure it is linked so that they understand how to go about it. As I am not really that great of a website guy (the website server is a weebly server), I don't think we would be able to give the whole website a language change, but an intro page should be good enough.

After all, I'm only telling them to "look at the picture provided, look at the letters on that picture, go to the polls, and match them."
Old 2008-01-17, 05:33   Link #48
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Okay, odd. International Saimoe League is now "officially" international. A forum board in Vietnam found our site via AnimeSuki. It was kind of odd finding them by google, weird that they didn't notice it was run by minhtam2448 (Minhtam is a Vietnamese name), and a little offensive that they marked me as "Suiseiseki-lover". I did extend my warm welcome to them in Vietnamese, and also made sure they know that I'm rather a Shana-fanatic.

However, in order to give our website and this league an international feel, I want to be able to have a Japanese and Korean introductory and "how to vote" page, exactly like how Saimoe Japan did it last year. I am looking for translators in Japanese, Korean, and Chinese. It is rather simple. I e-mail you a message that I want conveyed, the person who volunteers translates it, and then I post it on the website and make sure it is linked so that they understand how to go about it. As I am not really that great of a website guy (the website server is a weebly server), I don't think we would be able to give the whole website a language change, but an intro page should be good enough.

After all, I'm only telling them to "look at the picture provided, look at the letters on that picture, go to the polls, and match them."
Haha, "Suiseiseki-lover". By the way, you meant a little offended, right? Look at pictures and compare with letters then vote, good one. You should make a slogan out of it. XD
Old 2008-01-17, 08:07   Link #49
Psieye
Lore Hunter

Send a message via AIM to Psieye Send a message via MSN to Psieye
Haha, I'm going to make my own decision on the diplomatic phrasing of the message, but I can translate to Korean. We've communicated by email before so you know where to send.

Moe Culture Essays (my archive of my long posts); J Saimoe 2008 Wiki pages (minimialistic ASuki link library for now)
Old 2008-01-17, 08:28   Link #50
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
just wanted to add some input...
why not accept translations from other languages too, even if said country of origin of said language can speak/read english proficiently...
so that it would really fell international...
also for the lolz...
i for one can offer to translate in Filipino(Philippines), though i'm not really proficient with my own language since i there are like more or less 6 major dialects here in the Philippines and the language Filipino only focuses on one of them which i rarely use... and i'm more proficient in english anyways...
Old 2008-01-17, 09:10   Link #51
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
why not accept translations from other languages too, even if said country of origin of said language can speak/read english proficiently...
also for the lolz...
i for one can offer to translate in Filipino(Philippines), though i'm not really proficient with my own language since i there are like more or less 6 major dialects here in the Philippines and the language Filipino only focuses on one of them which i rarely use... and i'm more proficient in english anyways...
I don't think minhtam2448 will mind but you will have to wait to get his response. Btw, do you know a lot of people from Philippines who watch anime as well? That would surely be of great help for ISML.
Old 2008-01-17, 09:19   Link #52
z3phyr.mp3
:love: Tsukasa :love:
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to z3phyr.mp3
i don't know a lot of people who watch anime though... and the poeple i know who do watch anime only watch stuff bleach and naruto, both of which i have dropped, and really not interested in moe... it's really hard to find someone who appreciates moe here where i'm from... i don't know about the other regions though, since the Philippines is an archipelago the chances of meeting said people, who are also interested in moe, are slim...
Old 2008-01-17, 09:44   Link #53
WarriorKK
天下御免の園崎詩・魅音
*Scanlator

Send a message via Yahoo to WarriorKK
Quote:
It isn't odd. We joined Saimoe, Best Moe, Saigar and now International Saimoe League early. Every news from here is always updated in Vnsharing... Of course, your name made me think you is a Vietnamese from beginning But when Saimoe finished, we don't have much time to watch what's happening in here

Haa... "Shana-fans" huh...?
Old 2008-01-17, 10:33   Link #54
Furudanuki

Tanuki picks, a.k.a. tilting at windmills.

Old 2008-01-17, 10:37   Link #55
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3phyr.mp3 View Post
also for the lolz...
Sure, that would be great. I'll accept translations from other languages. However, I want to make sure I get at least Japan and Korea handled... so now I'm missing Japan.
Old 2008-01-17, 12:36   Link #56
geki~
noLife
*Artist

5 Potemayo - Potemayo
4 Puchiko - Digi Charat
3 Shōko Nogami - Asatte no Houkou
2 Sherry - Wellber no Monogatari
1 Eika Ichijo - SKy Girls
Old 2008-01-17, 22:40   Link #57
alphastickmania
Stick Figure

Quote:
Sure, that would be great. I'll accept translations from other languages. However, I want to make sure I get at least Japan and Korea handled... so now I'm missing Japan.
I knew he would accept your help. Now you will only need to e-mail him. (Is it?) Welcome to the crew.

Btw, minhtam2448, I just missed the chance to rope in a guy who could translate Japanese and Korean yesterday on IRC. Just have to lurk around more in future I guess.
Old 2008-01-17, 23:39   Link #58
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphastickmania View Post
I knew he would accept your help. Now you will only need to e-mail him. (Is it?) Welcome to the crew.

Btw, minhtam2448, I just missed the chance to rope in a guy who could translate Japanese and Korean yesterday on IRC. Just have to lurk around more in future I guess.
E-mail, PM, whatever, just get a hold on me and I will give you details. Preferably E-mail at hendrickfan66@yahoo.com
Old 2008-01-17, 23:44   Link #59
HA2
a HnG fan

Send a message via Yahoo to HA2
1. Ai Haibara - Meitantei Conan
2. Amane Misa - Death Note
3. Nami - One Piece
4. Aizawa Sakuya - Hayate no gotoku
5. Inoue Orihime - Bleach
Old 2008-01-18, 00:21   Link #60
cicido
I'm so moe I kill myself
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by HA2 View Post
1. Ai Haibara - Meitantei Conan
2. Amane Misa - Death Note
3. Nami - One Piece
4. Aizawa Sakuya - Hayate no gotoku
5. Inoue Orihime - Bleach
*tears* I had her in the exactly same position!

Also, I saw a thread of this contest in /a/ where anons nominates tokyo crystal mew character LOL
Closed Thread

Tags
i-moe, i-saimoe, isml, saimoe