AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2010-11-05, 00:52   Link #2481
Isekaijin

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Nope. Occam's Razor. Whether or not Chihiro ends up having a goddess, that reaction can be most easily chalked up to her lingering subconscious feelings for Keima. She thought about needing someone with an exacting personality, and her thoughts subconsciously went to Keima, even though she'd probably rather they didn't. This is much like Ayumi realizing she no longer calls Keima "otamega" and having no reason why.

Full disclosure: Chihiro is one of my current choices for having a goddess; this is just neither here nor there. It isn't a situation that needs a goddess to explain it...
So, when you realize you do love a person, you say, "What was that"? That pretty much reminded me of the way people are possesed by runaway spirits if you ask me.

So many girls, so many options. I'm pretty much sure that Ayumi or Chihiro have a goddess inside, if not both. Shiori, Yui and maybe Sumire are also very likely to have one.
Isekaijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 01:11   Link #2482
ReddyRedWolf

You know thinking again the original method of revival Elsee mentioned and again visited during the ghost arc was that Weiss choose girls because they will be reborn as their babies.

But currently we are seeing resurrection as opposed to the original reincarnation. Which brings me to another possibility not considered.

What if a goddess was reborn and reincarnated as child. Note the grand escape was 10 years ago. Well Keima doesn't have any capture targets that are kids. But there is one character which is a child that does like Keima...Only she is creepy.

Yes I present the possibility a goddess isn't inhabiting a girl but is reborn as a girl.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 05:39   Link #2483
ellifeedn
Thinker

^ I'm sure there are plenty of games (read: too many) that deal with that special hobby.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 12:10   Link #2484
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Am I the only one who likes Kanon more after the goddess Arc began... I think it added a interesting touch to her character.
Old 2010-11-05, 13:11   Link #2485
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Constantly had to avoid spoilers, and 120 finally gets translated (Looks like they switched out translators at RedHawk...)

Well, Minami and Jun seem to be out of the running, but then there's also the slight possibility that Keima was mistaken. So far though, his assumption are pretty valid.

Well except for Jun. I'm afraid I don't understand what she was implying at the end there.
So she "hasn't forgotten about him," but assumed to not have a goddess. Maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong way, it's probably just a regular teacher's concerns or something.

Seems Keima's got a much deeper strategy than he's letting on; from the sixteen girls, he's already reduced it to 5 (now 4) possible candidates. So who's left?

I think Shogi, Ramen, and Astrology are up next. Out of the 3 of them, I think Tsukiyo is the most likely. Just a hunch.

Quote:
Am I the only one who likes Kanon more after the goddess Arc began... I think it added a interesting touch to her character.
A lot more people seem to hate her than I thought. I didn't have a problem with her at all, since she filled out the yandere role pretty well. Besides,

that was kind of the side effect of the ghost anyway. This Kanon's much more mellow.

EDIT: oh yeah, and the last page shows more of Keima's growth as a person. If he wasn't concerned for the girls before, he certainly is now.
KROMEangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 14:00   Link #2486
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
EDIT: oh yeah, and the last page shows more of Keima's growth as a person. If he wasn't concerned for the girls before, he certainly is now.
And he also asked Minami-chan about her swimming and wished her good luck.
That and the last page were really nice moments for me.
edit: Ah... also Haqua's facial reaction was a nice touch..~
Old 2010-11-05, 14:04   Link #2487
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
damn, they scratched JUN off the list, fuuuuuuu
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 14:14   Link #2488
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

Oh shoot, I forgot about Librarian-chan AND Yui.

Plus Keima talked about a boundary line. Concerning Keima's chart, this may be what he was talking about:
Spoiler for Elimination:

Still can't figure out the variable he used to determine this though.
Old 2010-11-05, 14:21   Link #2489
Seihai
スマイリウム

I'm relieved, I wondered why you didn't mention Shiori.

Interesting image, except that I don't see a pattern.
Old 2010-11-05, 14:44   Link #2490
MartianMage

Just read chapter 120. It's nice to see Jun and Minami again although it's too bad that they're marked off the list now.

The last bit is pretty interesting too. Nice to see Keima thinking about his kouhai's welfare.

I'd guess that he will check out Shiori and Tsukiyo next chapter. I still want the goddess to be in Tsukiyo and Yui though.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 14:46   Link #2491
KROMEangel
Baby Got Back

If Yui has a Goddess, and she remembers EVERYTHING, oh the hilarity it will ensue.

Quote:
Interesting image, except that I don't see a pattern.
Yeah, me neither. Please know that I just grabbed this chart off somewhere, so the whole thing may be moot anyway. But certainly, with Nagase and Minami off his list, he's doing SOME sort of process of elimination.

I'm so glad this new direction for TWGOK is turning out so well; just don't screw it up Wakaki-san!!
Old 2010-11-05, 14:47   Link #2492
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KROMEangel View Post
If Yui has a Goddess, and she remembers EVERYTHING, oh the hilarity it will ensue.
This. That's why Yui needs to have a goddess.
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 16:28   Link #2493
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Just a theory, Keima has one of the Goddess or (God if there is a male). He must be a reincarnation of one of it. He also thinks he has one, looking at the latest chapter where he posted all the names he captured.
Old 2010-11-05, 16:31   Link #2494
Zekori

Well Yui has a few points that make her more likely to have a goddess, if not already awakened. But it's still a coinflip at this point.
- She seeks out Chihiro's band rather than joining her old club.
- She acts familiar with Keima, telling him to keep his act together because he's a man (in contrast to the events that portrayed when he took the female role)
- She's seen pondering something during Elsee's date exactly after when Chihiro and Ayumi are laughing off that no one would be interested in marrying Keima. If she was turned into a background character like Miyako and add elements which move the plot rather than subtle actions which can lead either way (this can always be the author playing with the audience, however).
- Since Keima didn't have mostly a romantic pursuit towards Yui like he planned, Yui doesn't necessarily have to have romantic feelings lingering (if at all) and doesn't necessarily pursue after Keima such as the case with Kanon.
- Just speculation on my part, but like how the goddesses have differences that pop up with the hosts. Yui's counterpart goddess, should she have one, could always be the female version of Yui since she is always trying to portray herself as more masculine to others.

Still betting Mio is a goddess.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Just a theory, Keima has one of the Goddess or (God if there is a male). He must be a reincarnation of one of it. He also thinks he has one, looking at the latest chapter where he posted all the names he captured.
Thought about that as well, he could always be a descendant of Jupiter specifically since the author trimmed down the actual Dii Consentus and switched some genders of original gods (which are descendants of those gods, such as in the case of Apollo), so it's less likely that he'd introduce 5~6 male counterparts at this point in the story. That and also the case with Vulcan who also got the gender-bender descendant plot point, who forged Jupiter lighting bolts - whatever that means to the context in the story, or if the author inc operated it within the story frame is up in the air.
Zekori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 17:11   Link #2495
Dark Koji

Looks to me that Keima is probably under strong assumption that the Goddesses must be in close proximity with one another.

So my guess is since he is convinced that both Nagase and Minami are out of the equation, then we can eliminate the rest of the girls whose names are on the right-hand side of the paper list as well.
If one would to observe, the extreme-right consisted of every capture that are not from Keima's school. Hence, a boundary line can be drawn from there.

The remaining girls left for him to check will then be: Tsukiyo, Shiori, Yui and Akari. Including Minami, those names are probably the 5 girls Keima wanted to confirm that was mentioned in ch120.
Dark Koji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 17:48   Link #2496
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Koji View Post
Looks to me that Keima is probably under strong assumption that the Goddesses must be in close proximity with one another.

So my guess is since he is convinced that both Nagase and Minami are out of the equation, then we can eliminate the rest of the girls whose names are on the right-hand side of the paper list as well.
If one would to observe, the extreme-right consisted of every capture that are not from Keima's school. Hence, a boundary line can be drawn from there.

The remaining girls left for him to check will then be: Tsukiyo, Shiori, Yui and Akari. Including Minami, those names are probably the 5 girls Keima wanted to confirm that was mentioned in ch120.
Then if Keima is right about Chihiro and Ayumi, there will be two more goddesses between Tsukiyo, Shiori, Yui, and Akari.

Akari is almost certainly out because she was never a legitimate capture target and had no Weiss. I suppose it remains to be seen whether Akari is a demon or a goddess, but she certainly never had to lose her memories.

That leaves two goddesses for Tsukiyo, Shiori, and Yui.

On a side note, I feel that this is the first time I've ever seen a hint of sadness from Keima for being forgotten. Maybe he enjoyed his real world captures more than we originally thought.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 18:13   Link #2497
karuroso

Sadly as i feared Jun is out of the list, just like Kusonoki the goddess can't be in a girl that is already naturally hawt D= since i think they would outshine Kanon and Tenri, if i go with this pattern Hinoki and Sumire are out as well...
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 21:22   Link #2498
NecocYaotl

Even though I like Haqua more, compared to Haqua reaction when Keima introduce her or her consideration for Keima in the end of this chapter, how Keima's back feel lonely after he meet Jun and Minami attracts me more.
Like Mio, Jun and Minami now have walk on their own path. They look cuter now with their hearts no longer binded by their gap. Maybe it's the best for them to walk on their own life now.
And how Keima traumatized with Kanon got stabbed that he thinks the heroines having no goddess and no relation with Hell affair is the best for them. Since Kanon stabbed, Keima never held his PFP even once, so he really give his all now.
Minami forgetting about Keima is like what Keima said to Minami in the end of her capture, that she will forget about him. It reminds me back on this manga title, the world god only knows, where only Keima knows the truth, while everyone else forget about it, about him and continue to live on.
By the way, Jun's friends and Minami's friend look awfully similar, on purpose?
Is this mean that Rieko, Sumire, Nanaka and Hinoki is automatically crossed out even before they appearing again? At first we get Mai fest., we expecting all the heroines reappear there, but then come Akari and Apollo, and all just turn into a mess. Even if we have Mai fest. event later in the story, how many of the heroines will reappear? Is there no more hopes for crossed out heroines or we can still hope that even non-goddess heroines will have a cameo appearance?
PS:And the university obviously based on Wakaki's alma mater, Kyoto University.

進撃の巨人
NecocYaotl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-05, 22:05   Link #2499
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I think someone said this before but Keima probably estimates that the goddess are in people in his age and near him hence gathering around him so the hypothesis would be checking out the girls that were relatively close but of different age. And Hakua was great in this chapter too Wakaki sensei is doing a great job will all the charaters...

Keima's growth is one of the most important aspects of the story so I think its important to show how he comes to accept reality since he is not likely to give up all his games.
Old 2010-11-05, 22:34   Link #2500
Divini
Senpai!

I'm loving Hakua's facial reactions.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen