Old 2009-03-16, 18:06   Link #1061
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Come on Yayoi, show some emotion.
Give it time, the joys of an ice queen character is watching them "grow" gradually rather than having everything being "just there" from the start. I mean, you have to work for their true affection, and the process in which it happens is what makes such relationships with such characters, valuable

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 18:20   Link #1062
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

It'll be not surprising if Touya and Yayoi will do "it" in next episode (maybe they already done it?) They already got a little fun to kiss deep each other .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 19:19   Link #1063
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

My thoughts...

Spoiler for Episode 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
No, she just did the math.
Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i WANT a nice boat ending. it'll be the only thing fitting enough for this. mind you, i'm 2 or 3 eps behind but still. what the hell.
Forgive my ignorance but what is a "nice boat" ending?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
ep 11
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Episode 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Also, like many others, I'm watching this for Rina, though I do enjoy Mana aswell and I can imagine that my opinion of Yuki may improve, depending on what she does once she realizes what's going on. And I'm already bracing myself for the debacle Rina seems to be heading to.

Ah well... let's see where it goes. At the very least I can say that I'm not bored at all
Yes, Rina and Mana are win and this is definitely not a boring show. It was a tad slow moving and only turned your head once an episode but now its all over the place.
Old 2009-03-16, 19:28   Link #1064
faust123
I Beat Cherry Blossom

Though rina's expression seems to imply she is connecting the dots between touya and yayoi, i'm not fully convinced. Couldn't she just be thinking that yayoi is going to tell touya about yuki's letter?

Even though I'm leaning toward her figuring out "omg they are boning" i think it would be equally plausible for her to be thinking "omg yayoi is going to tell him about the letter and he won't be there for me/as into me/wanting to bone me as much"
faust123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 19:30   Link #1065
Zippicus

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or not since it's nearly impossible to be involved in any thread here that deals with any kind of romance without seeing the term "nice boat" pop up

The reference is from School Days, more specifically the lack of the broadcast of the infamous last episode, which was replaced by a picture of a boat instead (hence, nice boat). I don't really want to bring up School Days here so feel free to check out the School Days section here on the forum for more details
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 19:37   Link #1066
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
As was mentioned before, my highlight of episode 11 was definitely the last scene. Rina's expression of bewilderment is simply priceless. Couldn't Touya have come up with a better excuse rather than blurt out the truth? He totally chose the wrong flag if he wanted to end up with Rina D: Well, unless Rina's so determined to get him out of Yayoi's clutches that she decides to be more aggressive
Isn't it funny how the one time he actually does tell the truth was the wrong one. I mean, even in the unlikely case that he has not romantic interest in Rina, to casually confess in passing that he's a cheater... urrgh. And considering Rina's relationship with Yuki as well... urrgh. Moron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copycatken View Post
Touya would have to be pretty weak-willed if he believes that his chances are 0 with Rina just because the musicians consider him to be a tool.
No "consider" about it. He is a tool.
Quote:
Actually, the tears had me cringe. That was just terrible. I mean hell, even amateur directors would have known at the very least to gradually crack him up first if they had to go that way. Ugh.
You do realize this show has no director, right? Which I actually think is a possible cause for this show's problems. It's never really had a strong sense of focus or direction. It's always been a bit all over the place, which, to me, gives it something of a clumsy feeling.
Quote:
Whether or not WA turns out to be a success or a failure will depend on the second half (and if I got things correctly, Mizuki Nana said that "it's boring in the first half", while the second half was obviously better).
I love Mizuki Nana! Seriously. Not just for her voice now. Where does she say this stuff? Does she have a blog or something? Someone needs to translate that, because that's awesome.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 20:16   Link #1067
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Actually, I thought it was obvious that he was, as Mentar wants, going through lots of stress. He was clearly showing that he was losing control of what was going on and getting confused over stuff, like Misaki's feelings. I mean, what do you think it meant when he went from denying Yayoi to just... not feeling anything? And recently, he has just become confusing to follow...
My point is that merely 10 seconds before breaking down in tears, he was perfectly fine. Listen to his voice around 19:20. First, he's using a slightly playful-pouty voice to complain that they finally linked up, before even cracking a relaxed joke that it's almost unbearable to watch, in a light voice. And merely 5 seconds later he's breaking down in tears? Sorry, that's too extreme a turnaround in my book.

In my opinion, proper direction would have been to make sure that Touya's explanations before would either have been irritated and angry instead of playful-pouty and relaxed, or if you insist on the latter, it should have been more transparently fake. This way it really felt unconnected to me, and hardly credible (and that I wanted to punch him for pigheadedness right thereafter didn't help either) ^_^;

Seriously, rewatch the scene, and I believe you'll understand what I meant.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 21:12   Link #1068
king12354

So what exactly does Yuki's letter say? What I remember of it was that they shouldn't see each other until after the concert. Seems like it was something else.
king12354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 22:13   Link #1069
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by faust123 View Post
Though rina's expression seems to imply she is connecting the dots between touya and yayoi, i'm not fully convinced. Couldn't she just be thinking that yayoi is going to tell touya about yuki's letter?

Even though I'm leaning toward her figuring out "omg they are boning" i think it would be equally plausible for her to be thinking "omg yayoi is going to tell him about the letter and he won't be there for me/as into me/wanting to bone me as much"
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if she figured out the things going on between him and Yayoi just based on that. She seems like she would have a history of acting like this. Didn't she work for Rina once upon a time?

Edit: The letter said that Yuki didn't want to see Touya until after the concert, as it would be a distraction, and that she meant it in the best way possible. Basically, she was explaining that she was avoiding him out of the best interest of her career, which he could understand.
Old 2009-03-16, 22:26   Link #1070
slayer545-sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb121 View Post
Rina's expression at the end ;;

I feel like killing Touya right now.
Agreed with you but I am doing that already by cursing all guys in this world like Touya. Don't care who you are but watch out! I curse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crayven View Post
Seriously I can't stand Misaki and Haruka anymore, they're just so boring.
Just wait. Something for sure must happen with them. I am sure you might change your mind about them if they something amazing. Like Mana gets saved by Touya. XD Who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traece View Post

Edit: Yes this anime is very, very random. The person who wrote the scripts for this show (or the main writers, or whatever) must be really sick. Either that, or he's living his greatest fantasies through his/their anime writings. >_> A beautiful idol, a girlfriend turned idol, and a hot emotionless manager to get buzisay with. Yea-ya. Rockin', party central ova hea-ya.
You know, it might be that this guy has experience something like that in real life and now he is just telling his side. I do think the whole thing is more following the game+visual novel. I do think the only to find out more about what may happen is to play the game with all the routes, that is if you can read Japanese. That is something I might have problems to do at 100% even if 50% is good to my comprehension of RAWs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype_sky View Post
I guess his crying was the result of him understanding that his harem is falling apart

1) Can't talk with Misaki because Akira is acting like a bitch.Yeah well I do not think Touya cares since he wanted Akira to be with her. He just told her in #9 what she would want like many say.[/b]
2) Believes that he is not even on friendly term with Yuki since he didn't hear anything about her concert when earlier in the series she would tell him about her progress as an idol.Has the delusions of that. Remember there were many sequences to prove he tries to get to Yuki but cannot because the crowd or her concert. Which means that her job and entourage makes it for him impossible and that is most likely why he broke down. CAUSE HE CANNOT DO A CRAP ASS ABOUT IT!
3) Rina considers him a human pet/play thing(teddy bear) aka using him.Not exactly. We know that it might be because the musicians think so but Touya did not bother to ask her about that yet. Moreover Touya still has hard times believing that he is not doing anything almost and still gets paid pretty well. I think he does not care because he needs the money. I don't see him bitch about money problems now.
4) Mana replaced him as Haruka exercise buddy.No, Mana just wants to be with Haruka more because she saved her and wants to know more about maybe and perhaps what Haruka knows about Touya that Mana wants to know.
5) Being with Yayoi has screwed up his options to hook with Yuki/Rina now , so he's stuck with her.[b]Yeah and his fault still lies in one thing: that would be refusing to go into Shinozuka's car after that first forced kiss. That's why I HATE #8 because that is where he no longer pushes her back but that is because he failed to refuse her car rides.
answers in bold

Last edited by slayer545-sama; 2009-03-16 at 22:48.
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 23:02   Link #1071
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

once again, Touya surprises me with his retardedness. i just watched ep 9, and at least Misaki had the sense to push him away. its actually frightening since Touya is sort of a mirror of myself.. the nice guy who aims for everything but ends up getting nothing. only difference is i have no Yuki...

its nice to see that Yuki is still actively pursuing their relationship. if there's any saving grace in this show, its her will and drive. i hope it works out nice for her. if not, Haruka to turn yandere.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-16, 23:41   Link #1072
Copycatken

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
So what exactly does Yuki's letter say? What I remember of it was that they shouldn't see each other until after the concert. Seems like it was something else.
Has the content of the letter even been revealed yet? As I recall, Yuki wrote the letter because they wouldn't be able to meet until after the concert. We've seen very quick glimpses of the letter when Rina was piecing it back together in episode 10, but beyond that, I don't think we know its content yet.
Old 2009-03-16, 23:44   Link #1073
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Basic gist of the letter is "Please come to my concert" along with something about changing. As if she's maturing? O_o It's pretty vague. Surprise.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 00:29   Link #1074
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
*re-watches*
Un, I don't understand... But if you see it that way, that's fine too.

Quote:
1. AKA, Bad End
2. Advice: Ignore the people hoping for something that highly won't happen and want to continuous dream... have delusions over something like that

Quote:
Agreed with you but I am doing that already by cursing all guys in this world like Touya. Don't care who you are but watch out! I curse!
Guys in this world like Touya: ( ´,_ゝ`) Bring it on
If only cursing actually hurt people, ne~~~?(゚c_、゚ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by king12354 View Post
Something around the lines of, they haven't seen each other recently, so come to the concert... I think.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 01:36   Link #1075
slayer545-sama
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Guys in this world like Touya: ( ´,_ゝ`) Bring it on
If only cursing actually hurt people, ne~~~?(゚c_、゚ )
About that hurts? Perhaps not by those who curse only by bad luck. For example car runs over you or something bad happens to you. Some point are only to hurt some are to kill. Depends on the curse. Just something to tell you as precision but yeah, there are probably too many guys like Touya in the world that's why I have to do this each day. Religion is such a business like that. Damn the demons that are making Touya into trouble.
slayer545-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 02:36   Link #1076
Kikuchi

I saw episode 11 yesterday. It was awesome. Not in the good sense, though.

I simply can't detach my eyes from the screen.

Come on, bring on ep 12 !
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 07:18   Link #1077
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
My point is that merely 10 seconds before breaking down in tears, he was perfectly fine. Listen to his voice around 19:20. First, he's using a slightly playful-pouty voice to complain that they finally linked up, before even cracking a relaxed joke that it's almost unbearable to watch, in a light voice. And merely 5 seconds later he's breaking down in tears? Sorry, that's too extreme a turnaround in my book.

In my opinion, proper direction would have been to make sure that Touya's explanations before would either have been irritated and angry instead of playful-pouty and relaxed, or if you insist on the latter, it should have been more transparently fake. This way it really felt unconnected to me, and hardly credible (and that I wanted to punch him for pigheadedness right thereafter didn't help either) ^_^;

Im actually going to agree with Mentar on this particular scene. I watched the episode a whopping 3 times 3 i never do that but i wanted to see if i missed anything that allowed me to be an emotionally husk during Touya after school special break and down and i dont feel i did. It was not even 5 seconds before he cracks up and starts crying yet a few seconds ago he was using his normal voice and even cracked a joke. It felt like the scene was not original planned and just thrown in at the last min. Im sorry but imo it was very poorly done even Touya's emotional state during the scene did not seem real it felt like he was trying to be upset not actually being upset.

I can say if the scene was done properly it probably would have been a great scene for oh about 2 seconds before Yayoi starts with her "let me taste your tears your sadness gives gives me strength" Touya's bit was already poorly done to add insult to injury Yayoi made the scene worse with her actions. WTF was that? is she even human? Now im sure we might an explanation to how Yayoi actually feels (feelings huh?) but not till the 2nd half starts airing. We know little to none about Yayoi real intentions. All she ever says is she will support Yuki and everything she is doing is so Yuki wont be held back. However, did she ever think that if Yuki knew what was transpiring between her and Touya she would be an emotional wreck therefore HOLDING HER BACK? But this thought seems to never have crossed her mind oh and the whole stalker thing just went up in smoke although she did show she is still kind of nervous when the car phone rang.

I think whats frustrates me most is I see the great potential in White Album its just that its execution leave little to be desired. I mean when even the VA's are saying a little negative statements about it thats saying something. So what i am going to try to look at the first half as 100% building phase with the 2nd act being the meat if i do think i believe i stand a better chance of enjoying round 2.

oh and Touya would make a terrible lawyer hey just spurt out the bad things you have been doing right in front of a girl who happens to be mixed up in all of it good one. Rina's face was like WTH i wanted a slap from her but to my dismay it never came. Another part i really enjoyed in this episode was the conversation between Rina and Yayoi and we clearly see the differences in their personality but their end goal (YUKI) is clear once again its all about Yuki each have their own methods of helping ironically enough both of these methods would and is causing Yuki discomfort.
Old 2009-03-17, 07:26   Link #1078
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

This is what we see from the letter. Keep in mind its only fragments and it looks like its the middle of the page that is shown to us (except for the first line). Its also two pages long, do who knows what line is on what page and where (talk about ambiguity).

Code:
                                                       Touya-kun is
                      still naive and fawn
                         so, I beg you
                      until this year's last...
                  but, please come watch me.
               the Yuki you've known until now,
                   lately, I see the same dream
Rina then says its "too late." I think Yuki is telling Touya to come see her and watch her because once the concert is over the Yuki he fell in love with will be gone.
Old 2009-03-17, 08:09   Link #1079
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
This is what we see from the letter. Keep in mind its only fragments and it looks like its the middle of the page that is shown to us (except for the first line). Its also two pages long, do who knows what line is on what page and where (talk about ambiguity).

Code:
                                                       Touya-kun is
                      still naive and fawn
                         so, I beg you
                      until this year's last...
                  but, please come watch me.
               the Yuki you've known until now,
                   lately, I see the same dream
Rina then says its "too late." I think Yuki is telling Touya to come see her and watch her because once the concert is over the Yuki he fell in love with will be gone.
I think thats spot on and what i thought as well. Funny thing is there is a little quote that replays in my mind every time i think about Yuki becoming a idol. "We never realize what we have till its gone"

If Yuki does change and her relationship with Touya is as good as dead Touya has plenty of options for moving but Yuki will have noting but her music and we know that eventually her 15 min of fame will be up, just how Rina career is in its last throws. in the end years later what will Yuki have? I believe Yuki will start to see how things really are and when she is faced with reality of losing Touya for good she will realize just what it is that she lost. She has two choices

1.fight for Touya
2.let him go regret it for the rest of her life but become a big star for the next 3 or 4 years.

which one would you choose? I use to think it would be a Yuki ending but im not so sure anymore theres a chance Touya might not end up with anyone. Even though i wouldnt object to seeing him with Rina she could keep his ass in line.
Old 2009-03-17, 08:49   Link #1080
SageGaiGar
You are Next

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder"

Exactly. I have a feeling we may have 'attack of the yuki' with the next season. Or she does give him up and sink into the same world as Rina.

I wouldn't mind him ending up with no one at all. Though I think Rina could keep him in check possibly. I see them both walking a similiar path at the moment, in trying to deal with their respective stresses.
SageGaiGar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen