Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-24, 20:51   Link #541
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Just trying to keep people from believing in a pairing that has no hope and this not being disappointed after getting their hopes up.
See, this is why people feel you have a Kallen obsession.
The director has left the subject open.
What makes you think the other pairs have no hope?
Especially one that has as much development as C.CxLulu. Every time evidence hinting in their direction is presented to you, you dismiss it as unimportant.
But yet oddly enough you promote KallenxLulu with near absolute confidence.

Quote:
I'm actually being sarcastic in a lot of those replies.
I would refrain from doing that, sarcasm doesn't transfer properly across the web half the time. We can't hear your voice intonation, nor see your body language.

Quote:
Var and other people helped that along by tearing apart anything regarding C.C..
I noticed. ><
Old 2008-05-24, 20:57   Link #542
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Shirley doesn't have much of a chance considering her place in the plot and how we are moving away from Ashford and I am starting to only see a pairing with her happening in the event they just decide to have him end up with someone in the end.

All the evidence was in season 1 and is unimportant because there was no romance in season 1 as well as how all her scenes have a duality to them,

Yeah, I know it doesn't. I get rather spastic sometimes and can't help but translate my frustrations in such a manner.

I doubt C.C. ever having something of a real shot at such a thing unless she somehow puts that contract second to something else, which doesn't have a likelihood of happening since it dominates all her actions.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 21:18   Link #543
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Shirley doesn't have much of a chance considering her place in the plot and how we are moving away from Ashford and I am starting to only see a pairing with her happening in the event they just decide to have him end up with someone in the end.
The poor girl has suffered greatly as the show progresses, got a feeling more is to come. ><
She still has that crumbled note somewhere I'm sure.

Quote:
All the evidence was in season 1 and is unimportant because there was no romance in season 1 as well as how all her scenes have a duality to them,
You can't just ignore S1, that stuff is canon.
Romance has been slow in S1 but doesn't mean there is none at all.
Duality and ambiguity is to be expected, what fun would be it if he spell it out right away.
He has to keep idiots like us watching you know.

Quote:
I doubt C.C. ever having something of a real shot at such a thing unless she somehow puts that contract second to something else, which doesn't have a likelihood of happening since it dominates all her actions.
Lelouch maybe at first just a tool for her to get her wish granted, but it doesn't mean he hasn't grown to become more then that to her.
Old 2008-05-24, 21:28   Link #544
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
The poor girl has suffered greatly as the show progresses, got a feeling more is to come. ><
She still has that crumbled note somewhere I'm sure.

You can't just ignore S1, that stuff is canon.
Romance has been slow in S1 but doesn't mean there is none at all.
Duality and ambiguity is to be expected, what fun would be it if he spell it out right away.
He has to keep idiots like us watching you know.

Lelouch maybe at first just a tool for her to get her wish granted, but it doesn't mean he hasn't grown to become more then that to her.
What would the point be? We are leaving Ashford and Japan behind and there is no point to having an arc or anything with Shirley.

What was in season 1 to really notice that can't simply be disregarded? None of the development in 25 with C.C. has carried over and she and Lelouch are pretty much on the same level they were at in 15.

And there was none at all since Taniguchi himself said the writers kept it out of season 1 because they wanted to present Lelouch's goals without complicating matters.

Mao grew on C.C. to the point that she loved him as if he were her own child, but that didn't stop her from abandoning him in the end when he couldn't fufill the contract.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-24, 21:56   Link #545
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
What was in season 1 to really notice that can't simply be disregarded? None of the development in 25 with C.C. has carried over and she and Lelouch are pretty much on the same level they were at in 15.
I don't see it that way.

Quote:
And there was none at all since Taniguchi himself said the writers kept it out of season 1 because they wanted to present Lelouch's goals without complicating matters.
Quote? Are you sure it wasn't he kept most of it out.

Nevertheless he still did hell of a lot to advance C.C relationship with Lelouch.

Quote:
Mao grew on C.C. to the point that she loved him as if he were her own child, but that didn't stop her from abandoning him in the end when he couldn't fufill the contract.
Mao is a kid, an insane one at that, he never quite grew up. The guy was incapable of loving anyone, and it was more like he was "addicted" to C.C then anything else.
C.C has been beating herself up about leaving him ever since. She even decide to go back to him out of guilt. She swears she will never let that happen again.

But back on topic, Lulu isn't Mao, his relationship with C.C is different from Mao's.
If given a choice between her wish and Lelouch, what will her choice be? No one knows. But Lelouch isn't Mao.

I think I will stop here, I'm tired - must be getting old.
LOL, nothing I say will ever convince you to give C.C a chance.

How about this, let throw the ball in your court for a while. Why Kallen?
Old 2008-05-24, 22:05   Link #546
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
I don't see it that way.

Quote? Are you sure it wasn't he kept most of it out.

Nevertheless he still did hell of a lot to advance C.C relationship with Lelouch.

Mao is a kid, an insane one at that, he never quite grew up. The guy was incapable of loving anyone, and it was more like he was "addicted" to C.C then anything else.
C.C has been beating herself up about leaving him ever since. She even decide to go back to him out of guilt. She swears she will never let that happen again.

But back on topic, Lulu isn't Mao, his relationship with C.C is different from Mao's.
If given a choice between her wish and Lelouch, what will her choice be? No one knows. But Lelouch isn't Mao.

I think I will stop here, I'm tired - must be getting old.
LOL, nothing I say will ever convince you to give C.C a chance.

How about this, let throw the ball in your court for a while. Why Kallen?
The only thing that really seems different is that C.C. is being a bit more forthcoming with info now.

"There'll be romantic developments for Lelouch in season 2; the writers deliberately kept them out of season 1 because they felt they needed to show what Lelouch's goals are without complicating matters (PASH! Taniguchi interview)"

He pretty much had to to some degree since she is a part of the plot and he couldn't leave her as the person she was at the start.

She never demonstrated any guilt until he actually showed up. I think she pretty much put it out of her mind until perhaps the events of episode 12, where she did remember what happened with Mao. She went back with the sole intention of killing him.

He isn't I suppose, but I think she would probably choose her wish. She isn't about to drop it when she couldn't with Mao or anyone else. And if she did, it would probably result in her death in the show.

Unless the show demonstrates something soon, then I guess not. I'll still consider her a dead woman walking if it happened in any case.

This really isn't the place for such a thing since this thread is supposed to be about C.C.. Basically it has to do with her general character at present and how much time has been spent on her as well as that highly telling and suggestive scene in 7.

Old 2008-05-24, 22:20   Link #547
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
T
He pretty much had to to some degree since she is a part of the plot and he couldn't leave her as the person she was at the start.
That said, if there was an romantic component to C.C and Lelouch relationship, he will have to portray it, in order to maintain consistent.

Quote:
She went back with the sole intention of killing him.
She had a hard time pulling the trigger though.

Quote:
He isn't I suppose, but I think she would probably choose her wish. She isn't about to drop it when she couldn't with Mao or anyone else. And if she did, it would probably result in her death in the show.
Who knows? We can't really tell just how far her relationship with Lelouch has progressed. You can't rule out that Lelouch won't be (already is) more important to her then her wish.

She won't die, she can put her wish on hold for a while, I mean she has all the time in the world.

PS: sorry about the English, my ability to phase sentences is deteriorating
PSS: lets talk about Kallen in the Romance thread ^^
Old 2008-05-24, 22:48   Link #548
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1612563
That said, if there was an romantic component to C.C and Lelouch relationship, he will have to portray it, in order to maintain consistent.
Yes, if there was. And there is no need for him to be much more than he already has since all he has to do is answer all the questions regarding C.C..

Quote:
She had a hard time pulling the trigger though.
The first time maybe, but not when he directly threatened Lelouch, Nunnally, and her way to fufilling her wish. She said goodbye to him and that was pretty much it.

Quote:
Who knows? We can't really tell just how far her relationship with Lelouch has progressed. You can't rule out that Lelouch won't be (already is) more important to her then her wish.

She won't die, she can put her wish on hold for a while, I mean she has all the time in the world.

PS: sorry about the English, my ability to phase sentences is deteriorating
PSS: lets talk about Kallen in the Romance thread ^^
I suppose we can't, but the one with Mao provides an example and it honestly seems pretty weak for her to change her policy in this regard when she's been doing this for so long.

It seems rather odd for her to suddenly put some kid who she has known for less than a year in total time to matter to her more than a wish she has been trying to get granted for centuries.

I meant that in common story events, such a thing often happens at such a time where a character is about to die in which case someone like C.C. would sacrifice herself in order to save them. It's flimsy of course and really pure speculation though.

Meh, it's fine. I haven't noticed anything wrong.

Agreed.

Old 2008-05-25, 07:05   Link #549
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:

She never demonstrated any guilt until he actually showed up. I think she pretty much put it out of her mind until perhaps the events of episode 12, where she did remember what happened with Mao. She went back with the sole intention of killing him.
Well, since when did C.C. show/demonstrate any kind of actual feeling that early in the show?If i remember correctly, she is(was) an Anya-like character and probably didn't show her feelings to Lelouch because she simply didn't want to come too close to him; she feared he would end up like Mao.

However, Mao is different than Lelouch.She met him as a kid, and as Salt wrote earlier, he never really grew up.He was a clingy kid that needed a mother who understands him, namely C.C. .
Lelouch is very mature and intelligent for his age, he can almost compete with C.C. , so I don't think you can compare those two.

Lelouch in my opinion is more a romantical interest for her, which Mao never was;
Because she killed Mao doesn't mean she'd kill Lelouch.

Quote:
I think she killed him more out of pity, and he was afterall dangerous and crazy.
Though I can't really remember exactly how everything was so I might be wrongAnd C.C. is such a quiet and mystirious person, we don't even know what she is :/.She could be cold-hearted and manipulative and just think of Lelouch as a pawn or she could actually care for him as a mother/lover/etc..
Who knows.
Old 2008-05-25, 08:08   Link #550
Nemesis

Hmm ive been wondering something about C.C ever since the last season.

Does't it bother her that she freely gave away a kiss?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 09:19   Link #551
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Hmm ive been wondering something about C.C ever since the last season.

I highly doubt that since she doesn't get embarrassed that quickly, she has been alive for a long time, she wouldn't be bothered by that.
Old 2008-05-25, 09:23   Link #552
Stretch5920

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
She's an adult, a little peck on the lips means nothing, plus it was part of some spell she put on him.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-25, 09:48   Link #553
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Well, since when did C.C. show/demonstrate any kind of actual feeling that early in the show?If i remember correctly, she is(was) an Anya-like character and probably didn't show her feelings to Lelouch because she simply didn't want to come too close to him; she feared he would end up like Mao.

However, Mao is different than Lelouch.She met him as a kid, and as Salt wrote earlier, he never really grew up.He was a clingy kid that needed a mother who understands him, namely C.C. .
Lelouch is very mature and intelligent for his age, he can almost compete with C.C. , so I don't think you can compare those two.

Lelouch in my opinion is more a romantical interest for her, which Mao never was;
Because she killed Mao doesn't mean she'd kill Lelouch.

I think she killed him more out of pity, and he was afterall dangerous and crazy.
Though I can't really remember exactly how everything was so I might be wrongAnd C.C. is such a quiet and mystirious person, we don't even know what she is :/.She could be cold-hearted and manipulative and just think of Lelouch as a pawn or she could actually care for him as a mother/lover/etc..
Who knows.
You mean the whole Mao arc? Episode 11 was the first time. Other than that she only ever demonstrated real emotion on about 4 seperate occasions while being her usual self all the other times.

Part of it was probably because of what happened with Mao along with a wish not to complicate matters and her contract with such a thing.

Well, I didn't quite mean to compare them in that regard. I'd agree that Lelouch is much more mature for his age than Mao was. Taniguchi also apparently wanted the impression to be given that C.C. and Lelouch were on equal terms and that the impression be given that C.C. was the same age as Lelouch.

Probably is, but that doesn't mean anything will happen in the end. It was also stated in an interview that she learned her lesson from Mao and won't abandon Lelouch, if only to avoid what happened with Mao happening again.

Part of it was certainly pity, but another was that he was a danger to her contract being fufilled. And I suppose Marianne didn't want some psycho trying to kill her kids.

She was once a normal human being. Now though, is anyone's guess. It could be a combination of both I suppose.

Old 2008-05-25, 22:54   Link #554
Torri_fay_torren@hot
Former # 47

I think C.C might have feeling for him but the question is if Lelouch has feelings with her?
Old 2008-05-25, 22:55   Link #555
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torri_fay_torren@hot View Post
I think C.C might have feeling for him but the question is if Lelouch has feelings with her?
Lelouch probably feels an attachment to all the ladies around him, but none of them have actually managed to receive the kind of feelings you're looking for just yet >_>
Old 2008-05-25, 23:00   Link #556
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

And it's actually hard to imagine him singling out one girl among the rest for his affections. At least, I have trouble trying to picture it with anyone.

Old 2008-05-26, 07:42   Link #557
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Lelouch probably feels an attachment to all the ladies around him, but none of them have actually managed to receive the kind of feelings you're looking for just yet >_>
We will probably never find out until near the end.

Hiding the main male lead's feelings is essential to maintaining a love [insert polygon type].
Old 2008-05-26, 08:54   Link #558
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe we won't even know at all really and they'll leave the whole thing annoyingly vague. I've been getting vibes that C.C. is going to end up dying in the end for a while, perhaps while saving Lelouch. It would be sad of course, but it seems very possible.

Old 2008-05-26, 10:58   Link #559
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Maybe we won't even know at all really and they'll leave the whole thing annoyingly vague. I've been getting vibes that C.C. is going to end up dying in the end for a while, perhaps while saving Lelouch. It would be sad of course, but it seems very possible.
Sounds like a dramatic exit is coming up, she always does the voice at the beginning though, so I don't think she's gonna die
Old 2008-05-26, 13:47   Link #560
Avira
fanart-fan :D

Quote:
Yeah that's what I thought too, she might sacrifice herself for him because he's the only person she really cares enough about to do so.Of course that's also just a speculation, so...
And if they leave it vague I will get angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Sounds like a dramatic exit is coming up, she always does the voice at the beginning though, so I don't think she's gonna die
Hhhmm...maybe she'll be the only one standing in the end and narrates the whole story, that's a possiblity too.She is afterall immortal and it would be sort of dramatic and sad if everyone died and the world sunk in chaos.She would be alone again.

I hope we'll learn more about her and geass(V.V. and the emporer too); I for my part find that more interesting than the actual rebellion, but if that comes it'll probably be in the end(dramatic showdown O.O)I think she only really had an important role towards the end of season 1.