AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2011-10-05, 05:12   Link #2221
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Okay, how did I end up writing this unrelated piece of...

Why did I ever agree to this?

Jaqcues Van Maark tried to keep a firm grip on his emotions as he watched the presentation ahead, not sure how embarassed he should be at the comedic pace of it. The brown hair was already a quarter-white with all the stress. As screens open everywhere, the manic pace of the presenter threw most of the media and other scientists off-kilter.

Tabane Shinonono tended to do that, what with the strange bunny ears she wore and absolutely oddball way of speaking. As Van Maark massaged his temples from the oncoming headache, he was spending more effort trying NOT to listen to that voice.

"...such and advanced design could only have been developed by the idol and genius that is me! Chuu chuu Uchuu kitta!"

I don't know what those words mean, but they're damned annoying, Van Maark wondered if he could borrow a couple of pens to stick into his ears. Render himself deaf would be a mercy. For all her genius, does she REALLY have to talk like a twelve-year old on a sugar rush?

Being on the design team of the exoskeleton, Van Maark was against reporting their findings and prototype to the world at this point. Shinonono insisted on calling the system <Infinite Stratos>, as it was to be a space exploration aid-literally a device that granted mankind access to the infinite vastness of the stars and sky.

That was when he heard one of the men in the audience speak up, a question Van Maark had been dreading they'd ask: "It can only be piloted by women?"

"Yes!" Tabane replied with a huge smile on her face. "I have no idea why, but it only works when women pilot it!"

"If only women pilot it, won't that limit its usefulness?"

"It doesn't matter! All you need to do is replace men with women!"

Oh lord, Van Maark wanted to sink into his own personal black hole. There was a barrage of questions followed by doubtful shaking of heads and disappointed, even angrily mocking chatter.

This is why I said we should have kept quiet until that bug was fixed! Van Maark started banging his palm into his forehead. Although he insisted on further research, to determine why the <Infinite Stratos> refused to function unless by a woman, Tabane simply went ahead and broke the news. We are now the laughingstock of the world. The project is doomed. All because you just had to brag, Tabane!

As the meeting turned into a circus, Van Maark finally walked away from his chair. It was too much for his considerable pride to take, all the effort he and the rest of the space exoskeleton research team put in reduced to a gag footnote in history.

He had taken one step, maybe two, before he found someone who stood in his way.

"Doctor Van Maark."

"Yes?" He replied. It was a woman whom Van Maark had not seen before, one with a gaze that seemed to belittle him. She possessed an athenian beauty-that is, tall and statuesque with an athletic build and the bearing fit for a goddess of war. The kind of woman that men found utterly beautiful and threatening all at once.

"As project team leader, what's your opinion of the <Infinite Stratos> system?"

Van Maark was taken slightly aback-the woman hadn't bothered to introduce herself, and yet he felt she was no journalist. No, she was adorned in a businesswoman's suit and jacket. Her bearing was not at all like the annoying press. An investor? He weighted his options quickly and responded.

"It's incomplete. I think Tabane jumped the gun, insisting on putting this out so early." Van Maark allowed himself a sigh of defeat. "That exokeleton is the key to humankind's future among the stars. Additional funding is needed to develop it further."

"It's more than just an exoskeleton, Doctor." The woman had an odd, wicked smile to her face. "It is the key to society's future."

"I think you have very high expectations," Van Maark smiled weakly, but fearfully. Something about this woman started to frighten him, set the warning bells in his head off. The instincts of his body told him to flee, but his will and logical brain refused. "What's your interest in it?"

Without another word, the woman decided to walk on-but not without one hand shoving a slip of paper into his. It was almost like a secret tryst, had it been less of fear that Van Maark was feeling.

What was that all about?

Finally, Van Maark managed to have a look at the slip of paper he'd been handed. Three words were scrawled on it, but it was the most terrifying statement the scientist had ever read.

-Tabane is lying.-
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 05:27   Link #2222
Eratas123

Would a flare gun distract an IS heat sensors? I plan to use something to this effect when I show howcthe IS units are distracted

Side Note- Reviewing all my ideas for the story so far, it's completely different form what I had in mind before.

1. It was even more dark than what I'm writitng now.

2. Irish suffered not only from drug abuse but psychosis as well, he would have commited suicide at the end of the story via bullet thrrough the head.

3. None of them were sympathetic at all, all the terrorists were axe crazy murderers who killed innocent people to achieve their goal, Irish himself included.

4. Irish's dad was a former terrorist who tried to sell out the group which Irish hates him for.

5. No skull suit. He would've fought IS head on which causes him numerous injuries and leads to his painkiller addiction.

6. The entire story would've been a case of gray vs gray, black vs gray, and black vs black morality. There would have been no humor at all.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 05:33   Link #2223
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Would a flare gun distract an IS heat sensors? I plan to use something to this effect when I show how the IS units are distracted
It's impossible, as I.S. was created for space exploration, hence it's thermal sensor must be VERY accurate, flare gun is useless.

Quote:
6. The entire story would've been a case of gray vs gray, black vs gray, and black vs black morality. There would have been no humor at all.
I beg your pardon for my insolence... I take the responsibility for that one.

No really, sorry for derailing your story.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:36   Link #2224
Eratas123

It's not completely your fault I'm only a startingnwritier so I didn't think I could pull off something that complex yet It would have crashed and burned if i tried to write it like that.
Old 2011-10-05, 05:44   Link #2225
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
- You've never heard of Gallows humor, I take it?
Old 2011-10-05, 05:50   Link #2226
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- You've never heard of Gallows humor, I take it?
No wai, Eratas is a Troper. Maybe he meant Lighthearted Harem rumor?
Old 2011-10-05, 05:53   Link #2227
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
@Meister- I'll mention Karons home being changed into a space ladder or something later in the story.
Quote:
Is Karon perverted or have any boys love fangirl tendencies at all? If she is then I can add some humor between her and Irish since he's sexually clueless and when he crosdresses he looks like this (just change the eye color from red to yellow):

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...swap-gun-hair_

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...enderswap-hair

http://danbooru.donmai.us/post/show/...oker-convenien
She's technically married to her job, and since she's usually running around in a hypomanic state it is a tad hard to tell if she's interested in anything else other than IS and the light music club.

Quote:
I'll probably have Karon and Irish act like some kind snarky brother sister pair throughout the story, his planned romance is with someone else. Is it okay for them to act like this?
I suppose that's fine.

Quote:
How did Karon come to meet Ichika and get attached to him? I can include this later.
1st day at school, she encounters someone who looks exactly like her older brother from behind. Even though she discovers that its a misunderstanding, his living in 'Houki-nee's' room meant that she got to see him rather often.

Quote:
Is she friends with everyone in her class? Does she have any enemies?
Frenemies mostly.

Quote:
I plan to change the ISper concept so that she's naturally empathic even outside the suit and borderline psychic when she's in one.
That might open a can of exploits, but if you're up for it, go ahead.

Quote:
Karon works for a T.V show right? Do they know her civilian status or is it kept a secret?
Plastered all over the front pages, who she is, who she's related to...

Quote:
How adept is she in live combat? Is she willing to kill people to get the job done or never kills anyone at all?
She's a talented pilot, but never kills anyone to the point of even missing if it is to avoid killing something.

Quote:
Does she have any combat capabilities outside of the chassis? If she does then where did she learn them?
As a GEP student, she learnt Yong-chun. She's good with her fists, but is no master.

Quote:
Other than terrorists are there other things that really bother her or irk her?
I haven't really thought of it... Bugs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
I owe Blitz, MeisterBabylon, and Eratas for your effort helping me achieve the plan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
Guys, I've been wondering...

What city does IS Academy reside in?
Quote:
@ Darkjak

The closest town to I.S. Academy? Odaiba. Tokyo. As Shown in Episode 9 during the shopping scene...

Spoiler for Real Place:

Fun thing, Odaiba ALSO an Artificial Island (it used to be a war fortress). In Sacred Twins, Ichika's hometown is located 'somewhere' in rural area of Tokyo.
Edo Bay of course, connected to Narita Airport by rail that runs parallel to Tokyo Butei High before merging into the city network. Closest to Odaiba, as Zero mentioned. From there, you can access Mahora Academy and Academy City.

Quote:
Okay, how did I end up writing this unrelated piece of...

Why did I ever agree to this?

Jaqcues Van Maark tried to keep a firm grip on his emotions as he watched the presentation ahead, not sure how embarassed he should be at the comedic pace of it. The brown hair was already a quarter-white with all the stress. As screens open everywhere, the manic pace of the presenter threw most of the media and other scientists off-kilter.

Tabane Shinonono tended to do that, what with the strange bunny ears she wore and absolutely oddball way of speaking. As Van Maark massaged his temples from the oncoming headache, he was spending more effort trying NOT to listen to that voice.

"...such and advanced design could only have been developed by the idol and genius that is me! Chuu chuu Uchuu kitta!"

I don't know what those words mean, but they're damned annoying, Van Maark wondered if he could borrow a couple of pens to stick into his ears. Render himself deaf would be a mercy. For all her genius, does she REALLY have to talk like a twelve-year old on a sugar rush?

Being on the design team of the exoskeleton, Van Maark was against reporting their findings and prototype to the world at this point. Shinonono insisted on calling the system <Infinite Stratos>, as it was to be a space exploration aid-literally a device that granted mankind access to the infinite vastness of the stars and sky.

That was when he heard one of the men in the audience speak up, a question Van Maark had been dreading they'd ask: "It can only be piloted by women?"

"Yes!" Tabane replied with a huge smile on her face. "I have no idea why, but it only works when women pilot it!"

"If only women pilot it, won't that limit its usefulness?"

"It doesn't matter! All you need to do is replace men with women!"

Oh lord, Van Maark wanted to sink into his own personal black hole. There was a barrage of questions followed by doubtful shaking of heads and disappointed, even angrily mocking chatter.

This is why I said we should have kept quiet until that bug was fixed! Van Maark started banging his palm into his forehead. Although he insisted on further research, to determine why the <Infinite Stratos> refused to function unless by a woman, Tabane simply went ahead and broke the news. We are now the laughingstock of the world. The project is doomed. All because you just had to brag, Tabane!

As the meeting turned into a circus, Van Maark finally walked away from his chair. It was too much for his considerable pride to take, all the effort he and the rest of the space exoskeleton research team put in reduced to a gag footnote in history.

He had taken one step, maybe two, before he found someone who stood in his way.

"Doctor Van Maark."

"Yes?" He replied. It was a woman whom Van Maark had not seen before, one with a gaze that seemed to belittle him. She possessed an athenian beauty-that is, tall and statuesque with an athletic build and the bearing fit for a goddess of war. The kind of woman that men found utterly beautiful and threatening all at once.

"As project team leader, what's your opinion of the <Infinite Stratos> system?"

Van Maark was taken slightly aback-the woman hadn't bothered to introduce herself, and yet he felt she was no journalist. No, she was adorned in a businesswoman's suit and jacket. Her bearing was not at all like the annoying press. An investor? He weighted his options quickly and responded.

"It's incomplete. I think Tabane jumped the gun, insisting on putting this out so early." Van Maark allowed himself a sigh of defeat. "That exokeleton is the key to humankind's future among the stars. Additional funding is needed to develop it further."

"It's more than just an exoskeleton, Doctor." The woman had an odd, wicked smile to her face. "It is the key to society's future."

"I think you have very high expectations," Van Maark smiled weakly, but fearfully. Something about this woman started to frighten him, set the warning bells in his head off. The instincts of his body told him to flee, but his will and logical brain refused. "What's your interest in it?"

Without another word, the woman decided to walk on-but not without one hand shoving a slip of paper into his. It was almost like a secret tryst, had it been less of fear that Van Maark was feeling.

What was that all about?

Finally, Van Maark managed to have a look at the slip of paper he'd been handed. Three words were scrawled on it, but it was the most terrifying statement the scientist had ever read.

-Tabane is lying.-
Of course, replace men with ISpe--

*shot*
Old 2011-10-05, 06:10   Link #2228
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post

Edo Bay of course, connected to Narita Airport by rail that runs parallel to Tokyo Butei High before merging into the city network. Closest to Odaiba, as Zero mentioned. From there, you can access Mahora Academy and Academy City.

Of course, replace men with ISpe--

*shot*
^%*&#$%@#*&@^(#!!!!

*INSTALL SENTRY GUN*
*WHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR RRRRR*

*Klang-klang-klang.....Psshhhhh*
Old 2011-10-05, 06:55   Link #2229
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

IT'S CRACK TIME!!

*gunned down*
Old 2011-10-05, 07:05   Link #2230
HasuMasu
*Artist

Was reading through this thread again
and dug up a little something:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Infinite Harem: Ichika's Fuwa-Fuwa Days

Spoiler for Phase 1:

short, and yeah, you can tell just how bad good i am at this
Yeah, that's the first fic I wrote for
IS, some 50 or so pages ago I guess,
now I know how bad it was but the
basic idea of the story is still better
than anything I've thought up so far,
it just isn't presented well.

So I was thinking, why not remake it?
I think I could do a better job the second
time around, I'll have to get off my lazy
ass though.
Old 2011-10-05, 07:41   Link #2231
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

To anybody who's read my other fanfiction--have you realized yet that it sucks to be a hero in my fics? (evil, evil evil grin...)
Old 2011-10-05, 07:43   Link #2232
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
To anybody who's read my other fanfiction--have you realized yet that it sucks to be a hero in my fics? (evil, evil evil grin...)
I guess its counter-transference for all the times you scratch-built something only to have Bandai sell it.
Old 2011-10-05, 07:45   Link #2233
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Nah, it's just that someone's called me on it: It's usually anythign from "Hero does not get the girl" all the way to "Hero dies unforgiven by people he saved".

So the question they're asking is: "What dastardly plans do I have in mind for <Ren>, and all I hint at is: her story exists between Vol4 and 5 of the LN, and by the time Tatenashi appears in the book, <Ren> is effectively gone. Take that as you will.

(Hideo Kojima mode) "Didjoo Like it?" !
Old 2011-10-05, 12:01   Link #2234
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

we drew in the wincest, and now, we await the storm!

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 13:03   Link #2235
Eratas123

Can ANYTHING mess up an IS' heat sensors? I'll just have to go with chaff grenades and flashbangs if that's the case.

@wavehawk- Being a hero does not mean you have tp be heroic, that's what anti-heroes are for I was planning something similar to yours but I chickened out

@Zero- Thanks for saying I helped you I didn't do anything except ask random questions.

@Meister- I'll have to rework Karons introduction since I'm already at the terrorist kidnapping arc, maybe I'll introduce her as a new student who get's attached to Ichika later on.

Who are her ISper teammates and how is her relationship with them?

Why is she younger than everyone in class 1-2? Everybody ranges from 15-18, how did she get in so early?

What's up with Marvelous Maximillian and how did he even get a teaching job in a female school in a heavily tilted society?

If Karons and her teammates faces are plastered all over the newspapers does that mean they're celebrities and their heroics are known throughout the public?

She never kills does she? Hmhmmhmhmhm *Starts making evil plans*

Do you know what's up with class 1-2? How come they have ALL the oddball students? You'd think they'd be separated all things considered.

I also plan to change the ISper concept so some people are immune/very resistant to them if they're good enough or secretive enough. Kyuukai Tokiwa and Irish can count but so do Chifuyu Orimura and Laura Bodewig who all have something they have to hide or they've been trained to resist giving away.

Does Karon have any moments where she has a cuteness proximity and starts gushing when she sees something cute or when she cries when she remembers her older brother?

She has no weapon combat at all? What's her strength in physical(outside of IS) combat? Speed, power, agility etc etc

Why does she trust the Infinite Stratos so much even if they're used as weaponry, the reason her homes a space ladder and the reason her brother is dead?

Do you mind if I possibly put ship tease between Karon and Irish? Just for some laughs I assure you.

Last edited by Eratas123; 2011-10-05 at 14:10.
Old 2011-10-05, 16:28   Link #2236
DarkJak2050

Quote:
The closest town to I.S. Academy? Odaiba. Tokyo. As Shown in Episode 9 during the shopping scene...

Spoiler for Real Place:

Fun thing, Odaiba ALSO an Artificial Island (it used to be a war fortress). In Sacred Twins, Ichika's hometown is located 'somewhere' in rural area of Tokyo.
Thanks man. I needed that. Now we all know where Project Silverback is set in. Particuallarly in Ch. 2, that's the same mall where I had the Video Arcade in. The arcade that Alpha Sqaud went to, and had a little "indirect run-in" with a small group of IS Academy students (none of them being the Canon Characters).

Last edited by DarkJak2050; 2011-10-05 at 16:42.
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-05, 17:34   Link #2237
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

MORE AND MORE PEOPLE FALL TO THE THEORY OF "ZeroXSEED's version of Char is a complete, bonafide male. THE CANON IS RUINED!"

JUST. AS. PLANNED.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@Eratas: Here's the combination: Chaff + EMP+ Smoke + Flashbang. Because at that condition, even I.S. Sensor can be obscured. ESPECIALLY Visual and hearing.

ShipTease? Why not, make it LOOKS liek a Love Dodecahedron, hell, make Irish has his own Harem (of course, anyone simply has no chance against Tatenashi if she's seriously chasing after a guy, and just like Setsuna, all Karon's need is a 'partner of understanding', not romantic/sex partner)
Old 2011-10-05, 17:48   Link #2238
Eratas123

Quote:
MORE AND MORE PEOPLE FALL TO THE THEORY OF "ZeroXSEED's version of Char is a complete, bonafide male. THE CANON IS RUINED!"

JUST. AS. PLANNED.

MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

@Eratas: Here's the combination: Chaff + EMP+ Smoke + Flashbang. Because at that condition, even I.S. Sensor can be obscured. ESPECIALLY Visual and hearing.

ShipTease? Why not, make it LOOKS liek a Love Dodecahedron, hell, make Irish has his own Harem (of course, anyone simply has no chance against Tatenashi if she's seriously chasing after a guy, and just like Setsuna, all Karon's need is a 'partner of understanding', not romantic/sex partner)
A harem for Irish? how? He's not very likable to begin with, unless your talking about moe Irish in which case they'd have to be Shotacons

I'll have to rewrite volume 5 to accomodate Irish now, should be a barrel of laughs.
Old 2011-10-05, 17:53   Link #2239
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
A harem for Irish? how? He's not very likable to begin with, unless your talking about moe Irish in which case they'd have to be Shotacons

I'll have to rewrite volume 5 to accomodate Irish now, should be a barrel of laughs.
The more Irish develop his shota, slightly bratty but cheerful and likeable personality, the more girls fell for him. Thus, all the girls that has a crush for him is true shotacon (not just body, but also for shota personality).

We can explain why Tatenashi never have a crush for Ichika, it's because Ichika's too old for her tastes (just kidding, Blitz will kill me).

Of course, Crush does not equals Love...since Tatenashi spend more time with Irish and her character development is related to him...
Old 2011-10-05, 18:07   Link #2240
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
The more Irish develop his shota, slightly bratty but cheerful and likeable personality, the more girls fell for him. Thus, all the girls that has a crush for him is true shotacon (not just body, but also for shota personality).

We can explain why Tatenashi never have a crush for Ichika, it's because Ichika's too old for her tastes (just kidding, Blitz will kill me).

Of course, Crush does not equals Love...since Tatenashi spend more time with Irish and her character development is related to him...
Well, to be honest, until volume 7 is fully translated, I am not sure that Tatenashi has fallen for Ichika, although it is implied a little bit.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest