AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! Ren - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 8 22.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 48.57%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 25.71%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 2.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-16, 13:37   Link #41
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Yuuta doesn't actually have any vision or desire. He's a fictional character. :P
, yep he is a fictional character, but this dont means who he not was created with his own "personality", he showed having his own "vision" and way to deal with things, then based on what he showed we can picture what is best for him, which could be differente for what is better for us.
Old 2014-03-16, 17:15   Link #42
Pesti13nce

This series has been making feel awkward and not in a good way. I don't hate any of the characters.. aside from Deko (she is irritating at best/worst) but i honestly just feel BAD for the two girls and Yuuta. Honestly.. whats going to happen if Yuuta finds out devil girl REALLY is in love with him? He's probably going to reflect on all his situations/interactions with shimiya and feel like a total shit bag (Seems to be his character) and then push rikka away or alienate her, and while I won't say he is DENSE he is very naive/in experienced with love to know what to do.
Although honestly i couldn't probably already predict the ending, shimiya is going to move away again which honestly is probably the best for her. I don't believe in the best girl crap cause I honestly I think they are both great...annoying as shit (that's probably just cause of my age I can't relate or understand this 8th grade syndrome junk) but they are both great in their own way, i guess i'm just a little disappointed in this season since I was under the impression this was going to be a drama free nice and light show this season.. where in reality it's rather brutal (and honestly hard to watch at times) and much more grown up than I figured.
Old 2014-03-16, 18:31   Link #43
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pesti13nce View Post
This series has been making feel awkward and not in a good way. I don't hate any of the characters.. aside from Deko (she is irritating at best/worst) but i honestly just feel BAD for the two girls and Yuuta. Honestly.. whats going to happen if Yuuta finds out devil girl REALLY is in love with him? He's probably going to reflect on all his situations/interactions with shimiya and feel like a total shit bag (Seems to be his character) and then push rikka away or alienate her, and while I won't say he is DENSE he is very naive/in experienced with love to know what to do.
Although honestly i couldn't probably already predict the ending, shimiya is going to move away again which honestly is probably the best for her. I don't believe in the best girl crap cause I honestly I think they are both great...annoying as shit (that's probably just cause of my age I can't relate or understand this 8th grade syndrome junk) but they are both great in their own way, i guess i'm just a little disappointed in this season since I was under the impression this was going to be a drama free nice and light show this season.. where in reality it's rather brutal (and honestly hard to watch at times) and much more grown up than I figured.
I'm a bit older than you, and I can understand the 8th grade syndrome-- at least, I can understand wanting to pretend and have fun. I play tabletop RPGs myself. However, I can't understand people actually believing they have magic powers like the people in this anime seem to, especially when it doesn't even give a hint of them knowing that they're just pretending. It treats the characters like they really believe in this stuff and that it's perfectly ok to be insane. I guess there's supposed to be some message in there about accepting people for who they are, but it's just unhealthy to live like that all the time. You can accept that someone is alcoholic, but it doesn't mean they don't need help. And just like alcoholism, this can really affect their lives as long as they refuse to face reality and realize it's just pretend.

They don't have to stop having fun with it, but they can't live like this forever, which seems to be what Rikka is trying to do.

Then again, there's plenty of crazy people in real life who believe they have magic powers and can cast spells on people through rituals or religious nuts who think faith healing will save their kid from cancer. I like to believe they are the outliers, though, and that most people actually accept and live in the real world. Because if they don't, you get cases like this one religious family who believed prayer would heal their sick children instead of real medicine--- and both kids died because of it. The parents are now facing trial. I could picture Rikka doing something like that with her kids, believing her Tyrant Eye can save them.
Old 2014-03-16, 19:41   Link #44
bastek66

To all who think Satone is better for Yuuta (seriously, you should be ashamed) some reminder.

Yuuta is perfectly fine with her chuuni.
Old 2014-03-16, 20:07   Link #45
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
To all who think Satone is better for Yuuta (seriously, you should be ashamed) some reminder.

Yuuta is perfectly fine with her chuuni.
like i told the problem is who peoples dont like the whole "chu2byou is fine" on this anime and prefer see the characters leave this behind and "grow" but what is true grow????, to be fair in real world, have peoples who believe in "magic, fairies, elfs and things like that is normal, we even have some sort of religions like that "wica, mysticism" and things like that.

then instead of look by "yuuta point of view" their prefer look throught their own point of view and act like the only way to "be normal" is leaving their funny sides, while this is not the whole point of this anime.

the whole point of this anime is show who is possible be "normal and chu2byou", is possible have both worlds.

peoples claim who satone is the "better" girls cuz she is more attached to the reality while the anime show otherwise, at this point rikka is better developed than satone, while satone is struck between balance reality and fiction" and love, rikka is learn how to deal with all of them

while we see satone suffer because of this, because her big problem is who she not was able(and keep being unable) in the past to deal with herself and her feelings toward yuuta and her dream life as a mahou-shoujo, i believe if in the past she confessed to yuuta we could have the same situation of the first season with a reversal role, while satone will be the "normal person" like yuuta, yuuta will be the rikka and acting crazy and make satone feel embarrased as we see in her flashbacks but unlike yuuta probably not gonna have a happy end since more in love she feel more away the chu2 she go and with this more away from yuuta since he was hard deep inside chu2 in this time.

satone suffer. pain is her own fault, is not yuuta or rikka or anyone, i'm not blame yuuta for nothing, he already have his happy end, he already have his girlfriend, what is happen with sophia is her own fault for being unable to "balance her life"(or going full chu2byou or full normal), what yuuta or rikka can do is try to help her, or fix by herself her problem like she is trying, the only thing missed in this episode was her confess to him and get rejected if she did it, could be much more effective than just asking random points to "take light" on the things, confessions and rejection work much better than keep "circling around" and try to gamble himself with false hopes.

this anime is not about peoples "grow" and become "normal adults" but grow and keep being "true to themselfs.

a perfect mirror for this anime is mikakunin the shinkouken, where we also have a couple being slowly developed with too much milk and shy romance, with a couple who barely hold hands and things like that who is even worse since their are engaged and not just Valentine like yuuta and rikka.
Old 2014-03-17, 00:07   Link #46
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellessarr View Post
like i told the problem is who peoples dont like the whole "chu2byou is fine" on this anime and prefer see the characters leave this behind and "grow" but what is true grow????, to be fair in real world, have peoples who believe in "magic, fairies, elfs and things like that is normal, we even have some sort of religions like that "wica, mysticism" and things like that.

this anime is not about peoples "grow" and become "normal adults" but grow and keep being "true to themselfs.
It's not about "leaving it behind" as much as it's about "balance".

Part of the reason is bacause anime presents chuunibyou as some kind of obstacle that needs to be dealt with. If there is one thing I want to criticize about the anime, it is how it addresses chuunibyou as though it’s the root of the problem but present a rather extreme and simplify solution to the said problem. In Season 1: chuunibyou a form escapism which prevents character from facing and accepting painful reality. In Season 2: chuunibyou is sign of immaturity that prevents character from engaging in romantic relationship. Anime addresses solution to these problems by going from one extreme to another. From S1 having Rikka quit her chuunibyou entirely for one episode only to have her return to the way she was in the next, and S2 having Rikka chooses between Yuuta or chuunibyou in which she believe it’s possible to keep them both instead of balancing them.

The thing is, anime never once addresses any kind of solution which says, “Chuunibyou needs to be kept in balance and moderation with reality.” That implication is something some audience who partly dislike chuunibyou (seeing it as a problem based on anime) and partly desire for a more mature heroine (than Rikka) which is a matter of taste come up with which I sort of agree that could make for a more realistic solution to the problems but I also understand that anime has no intention of touching on that. Not that it's gonna stop people wishful thinking, similar to how some people wish for a not so oblivious-to-love male lead.
Old 2014-03-17, 00:13   Link #47
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'll quote myself from an earlier chapter:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuitUp View Post
Inside this there's more chemistry than a full season of RikaxYuta..
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
This, coupled with several post above should be enough, so I rest my case.
Old 2014-03-17, 00:21   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I'm a bit older than you, and I can understand the 8th grade syndrome-- at least, I can understand wanting to pretend and have fun. I play tabletop RPGs myself. However, I can't understand people actually believing they have magic powers like the people in this anime seem to, especially when it doesn't even give a hint of them knowing that they're just pretending. It treats the characters like they really believe in this stuff and that it's perfectly ok to be insane. I guess there's supposed to be some message in there about accepting people for who they are, but it's just unhealthy to live like that all the time. You can accept that someone is alcoholic, but it doesn't mean they don't need help. And just like alcoholism, this can really affect their lives as long as they refuse to face reality and realize it's just pretend.

They don't have to stop having fun with it, but they can't live like this forever, which seems to be what Rikka is trying to do.

Then again, there's plenty of crazy people in real life who believe they have magic powers and can cast spells on people through rituals or religious nuts who think faith healing will save their kid from cancer. I like to believe they are the outliers, though, and that most people actually accept and live in the real world. Because if they don't, you get cases like this one religious family who believed prayer would heal their sick children instead of real medicine--- and both kids died because of it. The parents are now facing trial. I could picture Rikka doing something like that with her kids, believing her Tyrant Eye can save them.
Rather than that, I would see Rikka using real life medicine and then saying it was the Tyrant's Eye that saved them .
Old 2014-03-17, 01:40   Link #49
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
It's not about "leaving it behind" as much as it's about "balance".

Part of the reason is bacause anime presents chuunibyou as some kind of obstacle that needs to be dealt with. If there is one thing I want to criticize about the anime, it is how it addresses chuunibyou as though it’s the root of the problem but present a rather extreme and simplify solution to the said problem. In Season 1: chuunibyou a form escapism which prevents character from facing and accepting painful reality. In Season 2: chuunibyou is sign of immaturity that prevents character from engaging in romantic relationship. Anime addresses solution to these problems by going from one extreme to another. From S1 having Rikka quit her chuunibyou entirely for one episode only to have her return to the way she was in the next, and S2 having Rikka chooses between Yuuta or chuunibyou in which she believe it’s possible to keep them both instead of balancing them.

The thing is, anime never once addresses any kind of solution which says, “Chuunibyou needs to be kept in balance and moderation with reality.” That implication is something some audience who partly dislike chuunibyou (seeing it as a problem based on anime) and partly desire for a more mature heroine (than Rikka) which is a matter of taste come up with which I sort of agree that could make for a more realistic solution to the problems but I also understand that anime has no intention of touching on that. Not that it's gonna stop people wishful thinking, similar to how some people wish for a not so oblivious-to-love male lead.
that thing as chu2byou being the "big problem" was a initially purposely made misslead in the beginner by the writer but later showed being not really the true problem, he wanted the watchers on the beginner see the chu2byou more like a problem but later as we learn about, turned to be less a problem and more like just a "way of life".

if i'm not wrong season 1, rikka problem not was really her chu2byou, but because rikka never could say goodbye properly to her father, this make clear when she stopped to act chu2byou even yuuta explained it then in the end we have a talk with yuuta and nibutani and in the end the narrator also explain who "chu2byou is not a problem as peoples are think, this means who maybe peoples dont get it, this is the reason i keep saying that, peoples dont really get the "right message of the anime", he make clear who to have a "good life" you can keep being a chu2byou as long you know how to balance it.

2 second season, again is not just because she is a chu2byou but also because both yuuta and rikka has no experiance in romance or relationship, its the first time in their life who their are engaged, then based on "how japanese romcom work(see mikakunin) then is natural a super shy couple, chui2byou only turn more difficult but not is solely the root of "evil" is part of the problem, but again this dont means who in order to progress their must leave it, again this is season is to show who is possible for them also have a relationship.

the ideia of the anime is to show who their are chu2byou but this dont means who their can't have a "normal" life; their can have it, by having chu2byou and non chu2byou friends, have love and proper doing normal things as study or maybe work in future, as long as their learn how to balance it.

and for end if it about "a more mature" person for yuuta, again none of the current girls are that "mature needed" specially satone all this suffer who she keep having only show how immature she is.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-03-17 at 02:07.
Old 2014-03-17, 02:43   Link #50
kyou13
Kaoru&Mari FTW

@ellessarr:
I think the basic difference in opinion between you and teja is you think Rikka is moderated enough in terms of balancing real life and her chuuni, while teja, obviously, has in his mind the opposite idea. If you don't solve this main difference first, I doubt making argument on all those other points would do any good.
Old 2014-03-17, 09:58   Link #51
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyou13 View Post
@ellessarr:
I think the basic difference in opinion between you and teja is you think Rikka is moderated enough in terms of balancing real life and her chuuni, while teja, obviously, has in his mind the opposite idea. If you don't solve this main difference first, I doubt making argument on all those other points would do any good.
i'm not saying who she is "moderate enought" but who she is progressing, this is what is highlighted in this show, she is learning to moderate her chu2byou and her life, that is the point, but due to some personnal grudge against her or against chu2byou peoples just keep ignoring it and act like she is unable to have a "normal life" or put all the blame of their relationship on her sholder or because of her or because of the chu2byou what again is not the full problem is only a part, if yuuta and rikka relationship is too slow, is part of her fault but also yuuta fault, is both of them fault, for both of them being "immature" or too much shy and keep holding themselfs too much, but again this is "just a normal" romcom like many others where the couple is super shy and can't even proper hold hands.

is not like i think who chu2byou is awesome or something like that but living in a world where we have, geeks, nerds, punks, gotics, emos, crossdressers, cosplays, otakus, lolicons and others type of "different peoples" hate chu2byous or act like their are the onlys weirds, specially when we have different levels of it is a bit too much.
Old 2014-03-17, 13:38   Link #52
SeanJD

I felt sad for Shichimiya because she tried so hard to keep her feelings under control but with chuunibyou it does seem impossible to handle both her fantasy and reality at the same time. It was really Yuuta who wanted to save Rikka back in the first season from the boring reality that she was trying to live. I would have to agree that while chuunibyou is okay sometimes, there are consequences but I also understand that those who do suffer from it try to be true to themselves as long as it doesn't interfere with reality.

Anyway, back on topic, I'm thinking that Shichimiya might try to ask Yuuta one last time but have Rikka as hostage since she wandered off in the forest in order for him to decide who he loves the most and stick with that special person for the rest of his life. I hope Yuuta will make the right decision in the end at some point. Is it just me or am I getting too philosophical about this anime?
Old 2014-03-17, 15:43   Link #53
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanJD View Post
Anyway, back on topic, I'm thinking that Shichimiya might try to ask Yuuta one last time but have Rikka as hostage since she wandered off in the forest in order for him to decide who he loves the most and stick with that special person for the rest of his life. I hope Yuuta will make the right decision in the end at some point. Is it just me or am I getting too philosophical about this anime?
That would be the most dickish move I have ever seen in any anime so far. After all Yuuta has done to make his relationship with Rikka work, he'd be a fool to leave her behind and hook up with Satone. And I would find it extremely low of Satone if she would indeed pull such a stunt and it would probably make me hate her for it. Heck, I'd probably hate him for leaving his girlfriend at the drop of a hat as well.

Of course, that is assuming Yuuta has any feelings for Satone at all (which I doubt he does, as nothing has been shown to suggest he does).

Satone needs to tell Yuuta how she feels and then leave him forever, so that he can focus on Rikka, and she can find some other guy to fall in love with.
Old 2014-03-17, 16:05   Link #54
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
-. Satone needs to tell Yuuta how she feels and then leave him forever, so that he can focus on Rikka, and she can find some other guy to fall in love with.
I'd just like to point out that confessing knowing you'll be rejected it's not only unhealty, but also it's only gonna make you suffer double the amount you're already suffering with your unrequited feelings (that's why only happens in animeland), so yeah, the best thing for Satone to do would be to put on some miles, (in the thousands range preferably) between Yuuta and her, and focus on other things, confessing her feelings it's rather unnecessary.
Old 2014-03-17, 16:59   Link #55
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:
I'd just like to point out that confessing knowing you'll be rejected it's not only unhealty, but also it's only gonna make you suffer double the amount you're already suffering with your unrequited feelings (that's why only happens in animeland), so yeah, the best thing for Satone to do would be to put on some miles, (in the thousands range preferably) between Yuuta and her, and focus on other things, confessing her feelings it's rather unnecessary.
but i feel is better than keep the "if" or "maybe" is more easy to work when you have a 100% of confirmation who you dont have any chance than you keep a ?% chance of have something, with a confirmation who she never have any chance she can move more fast.

i'm talking for myself i had in my youth(teen) 2 unrequeted loves and i can say how painfull was that, was much better to move when i finally get a 100% (rejection).

this worked for me, knowing that I had 0 chances with the girls and i'm wasting my time helped me a lot, to move and forget fast.

Last edited by ellessarr; 2014-03-17 at 17:54.
Old 2014-03-17, 17:54   Link #56
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
I think it's a good thing to confess even if you know you're going to be rejected. This enables you to move on. Even to this day, I still regret not confessing to the girl I liked and was close to in highschool. Even if her current situation seem 99% hopeless, there is most likely a very tiny part of her that believes in the 1%. If she doesn't do anything, this is going to eat her for the rest of the her life. It's really difficult to move on when you don't get closure.
Old 2014-03-17, 19:55   Link #57
bastek66

Quote:
I'll quote myself from an earlier chapter:

This, coupled with several post above should be enough, so I rest my case.
Haha, nope. This is a joke.
You woundn't know what's chemistry between characters even if it come and bite your ass.
Old 2014-03-17, 20:27   Link #58
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think it's a good thing to confess even if you know you're going to be rejected. This enables you to move on. Even to this day, I still regret not confessing to the girl I liked and was close to in highschool. Even if her current situation seem 99% hopeless, there is most likely a very tiny part of her that believes in the 1%. If she doesn't do anything, this is going to eat her for the rest of the her life. It's really difficult to move on when you don't get closure.
The thing is, is this were a love triangle where she could have a real chance, I would agree with you, but Satone has absolutely no chance, for a lot of in universe and meta reasons, and that's why I think her confessing it's pointless, she knows she'll be rejected, even if she does it for closure, she was all fine and dandy while she was away from him, it's clear distance coupled with time it's (and for her, was) the best cure, and I doubt she'll have any regrets, she knows how hopeless her situation it's, and that, coupled with the distance and time, it's more than enough to grant her closure without putting herself trough the pain of getting rejected.

Quote:
Haha, nope. This is a joke.
You woundn't know what's chemistry between characters even if it come and bite your ass.
What the...? I don't even...

Quote:
If you are calling a slideshow better chemistry then you have no idea what chemistry is. Stop embarassing yourself.
Not sure if trolling...

Last edited by SuitUp; 2014-03-17 at 21:36.
Old 2014-03-17, 21:13   Link #59
bastek66

Quote:
What the...? I don't even...
If you are calling a slideshow better chemistry then you have no idea what chemistry is. Stop embarassing yourself.
Quote:
Not sure if trolling...
I hope you are, because there are some limits.

Last edited by bastek66; 2014-03-18 at 04:48.
Old 2014-03-17, 21:40   Link #60
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Mustang
...it's a terrible day for rain.
And here lies Satone Shichimiya. She never scored.

Just like Nibutani said, it's never an easy thing to balance one's feelings, itself a natural force of nature, and one's identity as a chuunibyou. The only thing Nibutani, Deko and Kumin can do is cheer her on and watch as she finally resolves everything with Yuuta. And it ain't pretty. Seeing her do all she can to endure the pain of heartbreak was itself heart-wrenching.

That aside, I think that Satone was no better than Rikka. Both abused their chuunibyou as a defensive mechanism—Rikka became attached to her persona as the wielder of the Mystic Eye after losing her father, while Satone constantly uses her persona as Sophia Ring Saturn VII to protect herself from falling for Yuuta again. In comparison, she's just what Ruri Gokou is, although Sophia has a firmer grasp of reality.

I also wouldn't blame Yuuta for being oblivious to what Satone wants to say. Love is already a complicated language; rendering it with the vocabulary of a chuunibyou makes it even more difficult to understand.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Closed Thread