AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Old 2014-07-19, 22:57   Link #1261
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
After reading through the last few pages of the thread...

I also found it a bit odd how decisively and zealously the Princess went against her own people here, especially since it seems as though she's still unaware of the assassination plot against her on the part of her own people. I can certainly understand and respect her thinking that her people are brutally overreacting to terrans assassinating her, but nonetheless, such an assassination is generally considered an act of war. It should hardly surprise her that the ceasefire is over, and that war is happening. So I'd kind of expect her to take a more diplomatic stance towards her own people. I hope her character and thinking gets fleshed out a bit more in future episodes, because at the moment, it does seem a bit off to me.
I think her plan was just to show herself to a Knight, it's just that she got wrapped up in Inaho's escape. Her volunteering to be the driver was the perfect opportunity to show herself. She probably hoped to get Trilliam to stop and have him get the message out that she's still alive.

Quote:
She personally shot off a weapon to take out one of Trillram's cameras. Firing on your own nation's military, especially when you're a very high-ranking member of your nation's government, is a pretty big line to cross, in my view. And she's doing it with a big, open smile on her face!
She's the Princess, she can do whatever she wants! In this case she wants to follow Inaho's plan because it gets her close enough to Trilliam in a clear line of sight so she can do her reveal. She's only firing smoke bullets and not actually damaging the cameras. Plus even if she damaged them it really doesn't matter once she gets message out that she's alive and the war should be stopped.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 22:59   Link #1262
Traece
:cool:

So on the one hand there was a lot in this episode that didn't fully make sense, as there has been with every other episode of Aldnoah Zero. It doesn't seem that the vast quantity of inconsistencies is going away any time soon or that the people behind this will make an effort to pay attention to the details they're creating.

I mean, when your great idea for an enemy mech is that it's literally blind and needs remote cameras to see, but also needs receivers for those cameras and couldn't also just fit on a camera too... Hell, why not put the receivers in the damn feet? It's not like you need line of sight for wireless communication, especially not when you have technology that can absorb literally everything.

Quote:

I also found it a bit odd how decisively and zealously the Princess went against her own people here, especially since it seems as though she's still unaware of the assassination plot against her on the part of her own people. I can certainly understand and respect her thinking that her people are brutally overreacting to terrans assassinating her, but nonetheless, such an assassination is generally considered an act of war. It should hardly surprise her that the ceasefire is over, and that war is happening. So I'd kind of expect her to take a more diplomatic stance towards her own people. I hope her character and thinking gets fleshed out a bit more in future episodes, because at the moment, it does seem a bit off to me.
Yeaaaaah... That's something I hadn't even considered. Those are some very blatant meta hijinks. Thanks for pointing that out.

Throwing all the crap spewed out by this episode aside, I can say that I was at least entertained. Even if AZ has the attention-to-detail of a kindergartener's stick figure drawing of his family, at least it's fun to look at and talk about.

Plus, the one redeeming part of this episode was the very end. Now THAT is how you end an episode and make your audience happy. That one scene gives me a slight bit of hope that AZ will turn itself around.

So what's going to happen now? My favorite theory is Cruhteo, Slaine, and the gang fighting against other Orbital Knights who were in on the assassination plot. My expectation is that that's too complicated for this staff to handle in terms of details and that Slaine joins up with the princess and they fight Orbital Knights like normal.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:00   Link #1263
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
I think her plan was just to show herself to a Knight, it's just that she got wrapped up in Inaho's escape. Her volunteering to be the driver was the perfect opportunity to show herself. She probably hoped to get Trilliam to stop and have him get the message out that she's still alive.
She wasn't planning to reveal herself. She only did it to buy time for Inaho to attack.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:06   Link #1264
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
BTW, is it possible that gun he got from Trillham is the one the Princess has in the OP? That's something to think about, IMO .
They are different guns:

Sorry for the image quality, it was hard to capture the Asseylum's gun.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:07   Link #1265
Verrueckter
Sarcastic Ass

Of course, the princess could be aware that it was her countrymen who carried out the assassination, and acting of her own accord. Not that they have hinted at this in any way, but it's plausible.
Verrueckter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:09   Link #1266
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
But it's still her own people we're talking about. At the very least, it's reasonable to expect some conflicting feelings from her part. Yet, she showed nothing but eagerness to fight.
Quote:
I think most Heads of State (or people just below the Head of State) would at least stop to consider "Maybe this 'harmless civilian' isn't as harmless as she appears." You know, give your own military the benefit of the doubt before giving the benefit of the doubt to a complete and utter stranger.

I'm not saying the Princess should be completely passive here, or just stand by and calmly watch bloodshed happen, but getting in on the firing action herself is, again, crossing a pretty big line, in my view.
Except I don't think she considers the regional Lords 'her' people. Consider how the Lords view each other, like Trillian's boss on Cruhteo (?) with the bombardment. The fact that the Lords ignored the King's call to go back to Mars in the first place they're more like independent nations that really only play lip service to the King. Obviously Trillian's faction seems nothing of assassinating her and she doesn't seem too surprised about it either.

Also, she places stopping the war at a much higher priority than anything else, so I don't see why she'd hesitate to follow along a plan that might help achieve her goal.

Quote:
She wasn't planning to reveal herself. She only did it to buy time for Inaho to attack.
She planned to contact the Lords somehow. In episode 1 she wanted to go to the embassy but finds out that that's impossible and ends up getting dragged along with Inaho. She probably thought Inaho's plan was her best bet to get in contact. If they defeat the suit she could still use the communication device and of course it gave her the opportunity to reveal herself, although that backfired since Trilliam wanted to kill her in the first place.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:12   Link #1267
Kerfirou

Or it could be that the princess getting in Terran side so she can contact the Terran Government, thus calling out the war and getting peace at the same time.

She can't go back to the Martian side for now because she must be aware that by killing her in the peace talk, it's the warmongering Martian who got their wishes. Not Terran who doesn't want to be invaded again.

Showing herself to the knight is a no no, particularly since she can't make it WASN'T the Faction that doesn't want her dead. And judging by how bloodthirsty and dismissive the rest of Martian shown in earlier episodes, I think we can conclude that the majority of the invading Martian did want to invade Earth.

The Earthling that was shown, at least, doesn't want to continue fighting. Yes, I recognize there must be some who wants to go to war, but most Earthling shown would pretty much stay in peace. I mean, getting bombarded from space, who wouldn't?
Kerfirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:15   Link #1268
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
They are different guns:

- Animation quality. They look generally like the same gun, only one is done very well (in the OP) and the other one was standard TV animation quality. It's probably quicker to just draw and animate the gun in the ep itself like that than taking into account all the angles and design--the one in the OP looks more like a detailed, realistic version while the TV animation one is there just to show 'here's a Martian's Gun".

Please, DON'T make me bring up the infamous cabbage incident again, please.

They're not necesarily the same gun. The same make, possibly--it would make sense all the weapons are made from the same manufacturer on mars.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:17   Link #1269
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Except I don't think she considers the regional Lords 'her' people.
Cruhteo seemed highly respectful towards her in Episode 1. And she seemed to at least play along with him, so...

But I guess you could be right. Future episodes could clarify things here.

Quote:
Obviously Trillian's faction seems nothing of assassinating her and she doesn't seem too surprised about it either.
...Why would she be surprised about something she hasn't learned of yet? Did I miss something in the dialogue?

Trillram never tried to kill her in the scene where she appeared before him. Which is notable because he had a chance to.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:17   Link #1270
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Except I don't think she considers the regional Lords 'her' people.
I have no reason to believe she wouldn't consider them her people. They might not think the same about her, but she's the princess and seems to take her role pretty seriously. Or so it seemed....

Quote:
Also, she places stopping the war at a much higher priority than anything else, so I don't see why she'd hesitate to follow along a plan that might help achieve her goal.
Fighting her own people isn't going to stop any war. Actually, it could make things worse.

Quote:
She probably thought Inaho's plan was her best bet to get in contact. If they defeat the suit she could still use the communication device and of course it gave her the opportunity to reveal herself, although that backfired since Trilliam wanted to kill her in the first place.
There was no hint whatsoever that she wanted to make contact with Trillram. She only showed herself when there was no other option, and only to buy time for Inaho to attack, an attack that could have resulted in the pilot's death. And Trillram didn't try to kill her. He froze completely when he saw her.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:20   Link #1271
Irenesharda

Quote:

I'm hoping we get more from the princess' point of view. She obviously thinks that what Trillram was doing was "unbecoming of a gentleman" as she would probably put it, and verbally took him to task for it. However, I still don't think she's suddenly pro-Earth Forces either. Just last episode, she was trying to find a way to get in contact with her people. She got roped into this refugee operation and she's trying to do what's right, even if it means fighting off one of her knights. She didn't actually use lethal force on him or anything, she only shot smoke grenades. But her hope was simply to get him to stop.

I think, unless she knows or finds out the truth behind the assassination, she's still going to try to get in contact with her people. None of what's happening should surprise her. She should know what her people are like. Someone on another site joked that the reason that she seems that she knows how to fight and shoot a gun, and yet didn't know how to take the safety off said gun, was because Martian don't have safety catches or trigger discipline for their guns.

But anyway, I think that she's still for her people and she feels responsible for what they've done. Yet, she took Trillram to task because he was going way beyond normal warfare procedure, even for her people. It's her job as heir to the throne, to keep her nobles and knights in line.

Quote:
They are different guns:

They still look similar to me, just with different animation and detail quality.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:20   Link #1272
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Ep 3

Well, this ep was a pretty good one, but the series still isn't really strong enough to keep my interest and I have too many other things on my plate at the moment. Maybe I will steamroll the series after it is done later on, though. ^^

Dropped for now....
Old 2014-07-19, 23:22   Link #1273
Traece
:cool:

The implication is basically that the princess is either all-knowing, or she was OK with Earth getting massacred for a couple days so she could hang out with remnants of their species.

Seriously, the dude was just standing there at the end of the tunnel. There's no other conclusion to draw from this episode where the princess is concerned beyond: She genuinely didn't give a shit about their survival. That's a massive, glaring inconsistency.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:31   Link #1274
Thess

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavehawk View Post
- Animation quality. They look generally like the same gun, only one is done very well (in the OP) and the other one was standard TV animation quality. It's probably quicker to just draw and animate the gun in the ep itself like that than taking into account all the angles and design--the one in the OP looks more like a detailed, realistic version while the TV animation one is there just to show 'here's a Martian's Gun".

Please, DON'T make me bring up the infamous cabbage incident again, please.
What? I'm just pointing out, with visual evidence, they are not the same gun. All handguns look more or less similar to the untrained eye. But there are subtle differences including size and details like these two.

Also Asseylum's gun seems a lot bigger than Slaine's. Either way, it's a weird thing to point out.

"Who would understand you after I die? Who else would march forward by your side?"
Thess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:31   Link #1275
MeggieMay

Quote:
They are different guns:

:: save's a copy :: - thanks Thess - sorry for the troubles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post

They still look similar to me, just with different animation and detail quality.
They look like they're suppose to be the same gun type/model to me, as well. It's just one is CGI and one is TV animation. Still doesn't prove it's the same gun, because as wavehawk pointed out the Martians are probably being armed by the same company and should all have similar hand guns. It is interesting, though .

BTW, the gun probably isn't bigger with the Princess - the shot is closer to her, physically, than it was in this episode with Slaine (Thess, I'm wondering if she gets the gun from him, that's why I was curious)
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:36   Link #1276
Key Board
Carbon

I don't think being cautious and using a double is necessarily the same as "It's okay I'll let these Earthlings suffer for a few days"

I'm starting to wonder how much actual power she has

It's possible that the princess is the equivalent of the WW2 Japanese Emperor, who while commands a lot of respect, has limited power to oppose the military

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
Okay. This princess is a confirmed badass.
I think they all made a mark in their own right, except for Calm Craftman
Inaho had that prodigy tactician going on
Inko is the dojikko sniper, but is actually a pretty good shot
Princess knows how to handle a rocket launcher and henshin!
Traitor-chan wants revenge
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-19, 23:54   Link #1277
Esclair

Quote:
Cruhteo seemed highly respectful towards her in Episode 1. And she seemed to at least play along with him, so...
Different Lords probably have different measure of loyalty towards the Vers Kingdom. He's probably one of the more loyal ones. I seem to remember someone mentioning Cruhteo had a special position, Envoy to the King or something? Maybe it was in episode 2. I tried to look for it but couldn't find it in episode 3.

Quote:
I have no reason to believe she wouldn't consider them her people. They might not think the same about her, but she's the princess and seems to take her role pretty seriously. Or so it seemed....
She's a Princes of the Vers Kingdom. To her, the life of any individual soldier would be insignificant compared to stopping the war. Regardless of intent there's a giant mecha that's trying to kill her.

Quote:
Fighting her own people isn't going to stop any war. Actually, it could make things worse.
She's not fighting her people, she's just getting rid of an obstacle.

Quote:

...Why would she be surprised about something she hasn't learned of yet? Did I miss something in the dialogue?

Trillram never tried to kill her in the scene where she appeared before him. Which is notable because he had a chance to.
Quote:
There was no hint whatsoever that she wanted to make contact with Trillram. She only showed herself when there was no other option, and only to buy time for Inaho to attack, an attack that could have resulted in the pilot's death. And Trillram didn't try to kill her. He froze completely when he saw her.
You guys are right, I seem to have mistakenly recalled that he tried to attack her before getting shot by the missiles, but it looks like he just froze instead. I guess she doesn't know yet. Or maybe she does, I mean she did have a double prepared that not even Cruhteo knew about it, and it seemed like she trusted him.
Old 2014-07-19, 23:58   Link #1278
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Not from the show, just from him. He's a beginner goon villain. Of course he's going to be stupid and one-dimensional. We have to get further into the story until we can get the really interesting villains.
To me Trillram is like the Joffrey of the show. A bully with powerful toys and ultimately not as intelligent as someone else in his position should be. And not to mention so arrogant that he can't compute the possibility that his dogs can bite back.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:02   Link #1279
Genjo
Genjo-Subs Founder
*Fansubber

well i got question? even know its going be ignored might NOT get answered lol but worth a shot well is it possible that NILOKERAS will be used by earth forces? i mean it didn't get blowing up lol the pilot could be slaine?

anyways i did enjoy ep 3 awesome song! so far i am enjoying every bit of the show can't wait for more eps to be released!
Spoiler for awesome song! part of ep 3:
Genjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-07-20, 00:11   Link #1280
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
To me Trillram is like the Joffrey of the show. A bully with powerful toys and ultimately not as intelligent as someone else in his position should be. And not to mention so arrogant that he can't compute the possibility that his dogs can bite back.
Trillram definitely seems like someone who got his position due to his lineage and sucking up to his master. He was also given a job that was more about his loyalty than ability, and given a mech that normally would have more than sufficed for his task.

Tags
mecha, sci-fi