AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-06, 19:56   Link #1
blackwhite67
Banned

Psycho-Pass Season 2

Quote:
Production I.G President & CEO Mitsuhisa Ishikawa acknowledged in his Anime Expo panel on Saturday that a second season of the Psycho-Pass anime is in the works. According to Ishikawa, script development and production are underway.
Old 2013-07-06, 21:08   Link #2
Miraluka
Banned

The final of its first season was lame.
I hope they undo that stupid roles switch.
Old 2013-07-06, 21:27   Link #3
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sweet now if they can make it with 28eps to round this out to a good 50eps
Old 2013-07-06, 21:47   Link #4
blackwhite67
Banned

I'm sure that the fugitive Kogami will play a role in this new season.
Old 2013-07-06, 21:53   Link #5
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm not that surprised. If they left the ending like that it really would have been disappointing as a whole.
Old 2013-07-06, 22:10   Link #6
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

HO MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :'D so for 2014 huh?
Old 2013-07-06, 22:20   Link #7
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
The final of its first season was lame.
I hope they undo that stupid roles switch.
What was wrong with that? I like the whole generational baton pass. Reminds me of Naruto.
Old 2013-07-06, 22:27   Link #8
Chiaki_chan
Kubo GO TO HELL

season 2 possible see Rina, possible and I hope more Yayoi x shion ..... x Mika

but this season 2, I can not wait see the new villain ... I can not imagine another person (man or woman) so cruel / charismatic ect ect same or worse than Makishima? I can not wait for that
Old 2013-07-06, 23:00   Link #9
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaki_chan View Post
I can not imagine another person (man or woman) so cruel / charismatic ect ect same or worse than Makishima? I can not wait for that
Odds are, the antagonist will be either:

1) Someone similar to Makishima, with the added flavor of watching Akane struggle knowing what will happen if she brings them in
2) A foreign invasion (not an army, mind you, but perhaps something along the lines of a NY Gang, the Mafia, etc)
3) Sybil System itself
4) And least likely as a primary antagonist: Kougami
Old 2013-07-06, 23:24   Link #10
Tormenk

Well I just finished the first season last night so this is quite the pleasant surprise.

Given the premise of a sequel, there's going to be quite some wriggle room to work with. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lengthy time-skip when it rolls around and/or Akane ends up being an antagonist herself.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Old 2013-07-06, 23:26   Link #11
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm sort of ambivalent about this, but I do hope it doesn't take up a NoitaminA slot.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:45   Link #12
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Yes. That way it can get a decent episode count.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:51   Link #13
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Odds are, the antagonist will be either:

1) Someone similar to Makishima, with the added flavor of watching Akane struggle knowing what will happen if she brings them in
2) A foreign invasion (not an army, mind you, but perhaps something along the lines of a NY Gang, the Mafia, etc)
3) Sybil System itself
4) And least likely as a primary antagonist: Kougami
I'd actually argue that Kogami is a pretty likely antagonist or at least an anti-hero (although you're right, most likely not the primary one) whose ideas clash with the police's on a regular basis. Part of Makishima's whole fascination with him was how he saw Ko and himself as being very similar and, while they were more dissimilar than Makishima originally thought, in some ways he wasn't far off. Ko is someone whose seen the system from the inside, seen it fail him, and yet doesn't know how to fix it, which the last few episodes presented as a contrast to Akane who was also starting to see the flaws in the system (and ultimately saw more than Kogami) yet took a different approach to dealing with it. I see a lot of potential for conflict between the two of them and would be really surprised if he didn't at least play a big role at some point in the series as an antagonist.
Old 2013-07-06, 23:57   Link #14
Dark Wing

Oh yea I really want to see where they take this now. Obviously the girl at the end of season 1 will be the new main focus and hopefully she'll be the one to break the system.
Old 2013-07-07, 00:19   Link #15
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Looks like there will be an official announcement in September, then we will have full confirmation

I wonder what will the second season's direction be

- A continuance of Akane's story as her struggle with criminal cases and the Sybil System continue (most likely)

- Follow Kogami's adventure to see the outside war and maybe his effort to expose Sybil System. (maybe this will be a subplot to Akane's main plot)

- A whole new set of character (unlikely)
Old 2013-07-07, 00:45   Link #16
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
What was wrong with that? I like the whole generational baton pass. Reminds me of Naruto.
I personally don't like role switches because I typically find them to be too clichéd. I was hoping that a more interesting spin would've at least been put on it, but I didn't see that in PP's ending. At least, it didn't seem that way. Perhaps we'll see differently in this second season.
Old 2013-07-07, 01:03   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

I would love a villainous mastermind that’s already developed in the first season, not some characters pulled out of nowhere (unless there’s a considerable time-skip). My preference for the main “villain” this time would be the Sybil System and, to some extent, Kogami. Maybe we’ll see some rebellion done by some of the Enforcers who sympathize with Kogami at some point.
Old 2013-07-07, 01:15   Link #18
cyth
Banned

I'm thinking along the same lines. Akane will take on Kougami and Sybil, following standard procedures and laws. I wonder if the intent is to break her character. That would be such a pity though.
Old 2013-07-07, 01:24   Link #19
Allium
Keep on keeping on

I could see Kougami being an antagonist, but I would like to see him working with Akane & Co later on, possibly to topple Sibyl or something along the lines...
Old 2013-07-07, 01:31   Link #20
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I surprisingly find myself ambivalent about this.

While I did have issues with how Psycho-Pass ended, I find that the show has aged well with me, and I had more or less come to terms with its ending.

Also, most of the elements that made Psycho-Pass' first season largely entertaining and very engaging are now gone.

Makishima, Tomomi, and Kagari are all dead. Shinya is no longer on the force.

Makishima will be hard to replace. The Shinya/Makishima rivalry was often fun and exciting in and of itself. A new Makishima will likely lack an equally good rivalry, as Shinya's personal backstory played a big role in how great the Shinya/Makishima rivalry was.

Shinya, Tomomi, and Kagari were the characters that gave the protagonists a real colorful edge in Season 1. Their roles in the protagonist cast will be very difficult, if not impossible, to replace. This is most obvious with old vet Tomomi, as there's nobody left on the protagonist cast quite like him. Yes, his son is still there, but his son was never a Detective/Cop in pre-Sybil era, and that's a pretty big difference between father and son there.

For Season 2 to be a success, it's going to need to create some very good new characters and slot them into compelling roles. It can be done, but it also remains to be seen.