AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-05, 16:18   Link #21
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Caps
http://blog.seiha.org/?p=177

Nowhere near the fanservice levels (thankfully), but a pretty slow episode. I'm not complaining though. The opening vignette of the premise of the show was rather well done, even though the opening was pretty damn irritating. It gets a thumbs up from me. Looks like JC Staff has finally managed to find someone who knows how to do action choreography too.

And the super irritating OP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHaEnll2nkQ
Old 2007-07-05, 16:23   Link #22
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
wait wut? i think this is the only one i wont get raw since after seeing the OVA i cant wait till it gets subbed
Old 2007-07-05, 16:44   Link #23
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
you have no idea how much i love "whiny" song artists okey it isnt that bad O.O it is just another case of listen and watch it grow like fungi!
lots and lots of ass shots *deathie is happy*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-05, 17:04   Link #24
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh this opening is great!!!

We're starting to get openings that are clearly made for the series this season (twice in a row with Nanatsurio Drops and Sky Girls from what I've seen), and it also features rock and passion. To me irritating is hearing the latest idol pop song made for a completely different audience from whoever slapped onto the opening to sell CD's and having it barely have anything to do with the themes of the series. If the series is an action one about Girls Fighting In The Sky, it should feel intense and invoke a feeling of the sky and combat, just like this one does. I don't know what I would have done if it had sounded like it should have been an opening for a harem anime. I'm counting my blessings this opening turned out well for me.
Old 2007-07-05, 17:05   Link #25
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
you have no idea how much i love "whiny" song artists okey it isnt that bad O.O it is just another case of listen and watch it grow like fungi!
lots and lots of ass shots *deathie is happy*
"PLEASE COME WITH ME YOU SKY GIRLS I SEEK WITH THEE."

It makes my brain itch.

Also, I just now noticed that the song's name is "Virgin's High." Heh...
Old 2007-07-05, 19:10   Link #26
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Ooooo..... That makes me mouth water. ^_^

JUST MAKE A DARN STRIKE WITCHES ANIME! >_<

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2007-07-05, 22:11   Link #27
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Definitely don't want to be seen in public with this thing. Obviously catering to the pedo crowd.

Not really liking the current trend and this is definitely going to make general public's perception of anime in general much much worse.
Old 2007-07-05, 22:15   Link #28
vaizard_ruler
Lucky☆Star Fanatic

Send a message via AIM to vaizard_ruler Send a message via MSN to vaizard_ruler Send a message via Yahoo to vaizard_ruler
lol screw what the public thinks,were im at anime is at a 50/50 thing though it seems much worse though T_T
Old 2007-07-06, 00:23   Link #29
Seiryuu

Only watched the opening so far, and one thing struck me.
In the OVA, I wondered why the girls wore such incredibly small swimsuits, but in this opening I got a much better look at the battle gear's design and think I understand somewhat better. If you're going into battle in a uniform that includes skirts deliberately crafted to leave a sort of "window" in the back, and the only other concealment for the buttocks is a fabric no more than two inches wide, one would probably feel some concern about tanlines. Since they get enough of thongs wearing those things, the only other way to get a good tan is to wear swimsuits whose bottoms can't make it more than halfway UP the bottom.
One has to wonder the imagined "purpose" behind the skirt issue. Something that blatant would typically have some sort of fabricated excuse, either built into the story by the writers or created in the story by the sick commanders that decided to put these girls in those things. It's not because of the access cord or whatever that taillike thing is, those are higher, just above the skirt.
Please note I said I'm wondering about the FABRICATED purpose. I know all too well that whatever they come up with is just an excuse to provide viewers with a different type of "moonshine"
Old 2007-07-06, 01:08   Link #30
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Definitely don't want to be seen in public with this thing. Obviously catering to the pedo crowd.

Not really liking the current trend and this is definitely going to make general public's perception of anime in general much much worse.
yea like a lot of other series this season a la moetan or nanatsuiro drops...but i think it is going to the extreme to say that this will affect the public's opinion cause tbh why whould the public (outside of japan) care or even know about these types of series anyway? you have to remember that there series are only shown in japan and we anime fans have to go looking for them so the this kinda of information isnt exactally public hot news (most of them wont know in the first place)...

ep 1 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Old 2007-07-06, 02:01   Link #31
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea like a lot of other series this season a la moetan or nanatsuiro drops...but i think it is going to the extreme to say that this will affect the public's opinion cause tbh why whould the public (outside of japan) care or even know about these types of series anyway? you have to remember that there series are only shown in japan and we anime fans have to go looking for them so the this kinda of information isnt exactally public hot news (most of them wont know in the first place)...
When what ever shit happens and people look for negative things to say about anime and otakus in court or any major publications this thing is gonna add fuel to their fire like nitro.

In the grand scheme of things this thing is doing waaay more harm then what ever good there might be.
Old 2007-07-06, 02:16   Link #32
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
When what ever shit happens and people look for negative things to say about anime and otakus in court or any major publications this thing is gonna add fuel to their fire like nitro.

In the grand scheme of things this thing is doing waaay more harm then what ever good there might be.
You can't really use this as evidence for a court case unless it is related, and since the product is perfectly legal and free to air on television that would probably never be the case.

If somebody does get busted it's not going to be for watching a show on TV....unless THIS SHOW IS ENTRAPMENT! BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!

I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Old 2007-07-06, 02:59   Link #33
Kensuke

Well, count me in those who liked the first episode, nice animation, great OP and some of my favorite seiyuus (Ayako Kawasumi and Yui Horie), so there is no reason why would not I like this.

Spoiler for episode 1:
Old 2007-07-06, 08:14   Link #34
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
You can't really use this as evidence for a court case unless it is related, and since the product is perfectly legal and free to air on television that would probably never be the case.

If somebody does get busted it's not going to be for watching a show on TV....unless THIS SHOW IS ENTRAPMENT! BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA!

I don't think we have anything to worry about.
It's not even like the episode was sexualized in any real way, and certainly had nowhere near the fanservice of the OVA. Besides, when you've got stuff around like Umisho and Sumomomo, the bar's set pretty high as to what is acceptable or not.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:09   Link #35
Seiryuu

Just wait until Kodomo no Jikan comes out. Next to that, nothing will seem so bad anymore.
Old 2007-07-06, 09:34   Link #36
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
To me irritating is hearing the latest idol pop song made for a completely different audience from whoever slapped onto the opening to sell CD's
Definitely agree. The opening for this series isn't nearly as irritating as that, in fact, though I enjoyed "mainstream" hit OPs/EDs (for example, those of Haruhi), in the end, I ended up liking this one much more. Not only in relation with the series, but musically, too. The variety of beats and rhythms in the song was a definitely a win for me.

As for the episode itself, that was the second surprise for me (the first one was the opening ). Pleasant enough designs, even when I'm not too much into the loli trend; excellent animation, and good seiyuu performance. I even liked Horie Yui, who's not using her overly hyper voice this time around. And of course Kawasumi Ayako gets all my praise. A strong, determined voice in today's loli-series' main characters is a rare sight indeed.

I have the feeling I'm going to enjoy this series quite a lot

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-07-06, 16:54   Link #37
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
Just wait until Kodomo no Jikan comes out. Next to that, nothing will seem so bad anymore.
*roar* now this series is going to rock the "lolidom" like a meteor smashing onto your house we should start supplying metal helmets stating "mind the loli bashers"

Old 2007-07-06, 17:31   Link #38
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Episode 1 RAW is out.

Watching it at the moment. :3
Old 2007-07-07, 14:33   Link #39
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Well. That was a lot more entertaining than I expected.
Spoiler for ep1:
Good work as expected from Kawasumi Ayako (main one), Itou Shizuka (dark pilot), Horie Yui (coming to invite people), and Gotou Saori (blonde studious one). I am especially watching Saorin, since I think she has a lot of promise.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-07-07, 21:58   Link #40
Maritime
Oceanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aroduc View Post
I think it's great!

I enjoyed the OVA but wasn't particularly impressed with the aliens, they built them up so well but when you actually see them it's a bit of a letdown. None the less I'll be checking this out the second a fansub appears.
Closed Thread

Tags
loli, mecha