Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-21, 15:03   Link #801
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Spoiler for "epi 48:

Now that the sub is out...

US telling England he cant die cuz he owned him money was hilarious!

I always had a feeling Austria thought Italy was a girl
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing

Last edited by White Manju Bun; 2009-12-23 at 14:05.
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 03:43   Link #802
blewin

Quote:
Originally Posted by musume_no_hoshi View Post
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/nm9155224

Switzerland and Li-chan's Marukaite Chikyuu full version is 'leaked'. Switzerland stop being such a siscon and tsundere. I loved how their version matches each other, it's adorable. Did I hear a proper electric guitar anison instrumental 3/4 way into the song? Wow they're giving more and more budget into these Marukaite Chikyuu. By the time we get to Austria I'll be expecting a full orchestra. Li-chan's version is absolutely adorable, I thought the singing in the preview was too good. KugiRie's voice starts to goes off here and there in the full version.

Spoiler for episode 48:
no way... only 4 more episodes to go?! awww, I'm gonna miss Hetalis soooo much.

Spoiler for Ep 48:

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-24, 08:03   Link #803
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
no way... only 4 more episodes to go?! awww, I'm gonna miss Hetalis soooo much.

Spoiler for Ep 48:
No worries! By March we have another season! And by early summer a movie is released! Then we'll have another season and another movie and another season and then a whole series of OVA and another series

We have Studio DEEN here. They'll make as much as they can to milk us. Hetalia is probably their biggest success, Higurashi's DVD sales wasn't that great. I think they won't stop till the DVD sales reaches below break even point (Hetalia's animation is below average, so I guess 3k is more then enough for break even).

Russia's character single preview is released. I really love the heavy rock song with the strings and choir, I liked it as a song as well as a character song. The 2nd song sounds like something from Tetris and is one cutesy song. Yasuhiro's vocals are pretty good for both songs.
Old 2009-12-24, 08:38   Link #804
Secca
nya`
*Artist

Who could guess watching this show can help understand the world better, I barely know anything about Ukraine, Belarus, Sealand etc. I also have no idea that the ancient Olympics were a festival where all the guys were naked. ^__^
Secca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-25, 21:11   Link #805
blewin

hurray for another Hetalia season and a movie!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-01-06, 10:56   Link #806
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Epi 49 one word: NIHON!!!! ahjgdjfjhgf you are so darn cute!!!

Trying to imitate France~~

Ah Canada, we love you.

YES!!! America's Marukaite Chikyuu!! Full vers is better since he eats while singing.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-08, 17:03   Link #807
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Since no one has mentioned this yet: Funimation has picked up the first two seasons of Hetalia.
Old 2010-01-08, 17:21   Link #808
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

^ That news made me go 'WHAT THE FUCK?!' in front of a 4 year old.

I didn't expect Hetalia to be licensed...I want them to release the special edition with all the Maru Kaite Chikyuu with it. And and Himaruya's illustrations.

I guess my reply to that Funimation questionaire...actually did something. Did the fangirls all went and ticked Hetalia for the sake it's not going to be licensed? That's why I ticked Hetalia, because I thought it's not going to be licensed anyway.

This is one anime I don't mind hearing a good quality dub. As long as they have good accents.

/continues to hyperventilates

Seriously I have not fan-hyperventilate since the movie was announced. 3rd season was as expected.
Old 2010-01-08, 17:41   Link #809
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

^Really?

From the popularity Hetalia had on the net, I thought it was pretty obvious someone would try to snatch it up sooner or later I always thought it had potential selling well over-seas given the content.
Starry Dust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 18:37   Link #810
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardust Romance View Post
^Really?

From the popularity Hetalia had on the net, I thought it was pretty obvious someone would try to snatch it up sooner or later I always thought it had potential selling well over-seas given the content.
I think it was the nature of the series which made me doubt it'll be licensed. It casts the 'villians' of WWII as the main characters, I wasn't sure whether anyone would risk it. Also, most of the fanbase are made up by yaoi fangirls (I do find the age of Hetalia fangirls are about 2 years older then the usual shounen jump fangirls), some people probably wouldn't like the idea of girls slashing nations .

I personally think it would sell well. In Taiwan, they're releasing merchandises along with the DVDS. It must be selling pretty well there. Like I said, the fanbase is pretty insane. I'm not sure how many of them would be willing to pay for the DVD. I personally would import them from the US, if I find somewhere reliable to buy it from. It makes me wonder would Funimation would sell it in the UK too, like what they did with Ouran.
Old 2010-01-08, 20:25   Link #811
Dark Paladin X

Since I've heard about the news of Funimation picking up Axis Powers Hetalia, I've already came up with a dub cast idea for this anime. Although I do admit that some of my ideas tend to be legally impossible, I think my ideas for Axis Powers Hetalia is more legit because I strictly thought up of voice actors from California.

I decided to post my ideas in a Youtube video, so here's the link to my video of my ideas:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRzlgL0Lp10
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 13:34   Link #812
killersaint
FMPtard

personally, they could right fuck [the dub] up for all i care. the point is that it will be available on DVD pour moi. and the special box sets...! i'm fine with sub-only.

ohhh man... if they do give Iggy a British accent <3...

kinda sucks that the countries of my favorite accents haven't appeared... (Scotland, Australia, Ireland)
killersaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-15, 06:26   Link #813
blewin

I'm glad this is getting licensed. That means it'll reach more people and make this series more well known. Not sure whether we'll get more of the same Korean issues, but anyway.... always good to see a masterpiece getting what it deserves!

Chrome Shelled Regios
Old 2010-01-15, 10:50   Link #814
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Im surprised it took this long Funi snagged a good one here since we all know how huge this is. I remember TokyoPop saying someone should license this so maybe...maybe the manga will be snagged by them. For me Ill take the anime since nothing against the manga/comic but I still have a hard time telling one character from another

I know they should give each respective country his/her accent but since Im so used to hearing everyone speak japanese I still have a hard time with accents in dub. Like I KNOW John in Ghost Hunt is suppose to be Australian and he's got an Aussie accent in the dub...I just cant picture him talking like that. Since GH is licensed by Funi and they gave John his accent I highly doubt theyd skimp on this.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-17, 09:14   Link #815
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Russia's character song is 'leaked'. I wonder are Frontier Works trying to to push a higher first day sales? With Yui, Russia will never rank first, but I do hope that he can rank pretty high. I'm waiting for Frontier Works to milk Hetalia till it dries up.

The heavy metal song is just awesome. I really loves the strings long with the heavy metal, the backing vocals work really well.
Old 2010-01-18, 16:31   Link #816
Dark Paladin X

I'd vote James Arnold Taylor and Johnny Yong Bosch to voice North Italy and America respectfully.
Old 2010-01-20, 14:13   Link #817
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
I'd vote James Arnold Taylor and Johnny Yong Bosch to voice North Italy and America respectfully.
If I remember correctly JYB isnt on Funi's list of actors they normally use. He normally works for Bandai.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-20, 17:23   Link #818
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
If I remember correctly JYB isnt on Funi's list of actors they normally use. He normally works for Bandai.
However, that doesn't mean JYB hasn't did voice work in a Funi title, as he voiced a one-shot character in Fullmetal Alchemist and Saku in Beck.

Unfortunately, I don't see James Arnold Taylor getting involved in the Hetalia dub (not to mention I have a better idea for who could play Northern Italy).
Old 2010-01-20, 17:42   Link #819
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
However, that doesn't mean JYB hasn't did voice work in a Funi title, as he voiced a one-shot character in Fullmetal Alchemist and Saku in Beck.
Oh yeah I know Im just saying if look at his list of work it more towards Bandai but considering Hetalia has a pretty big cast of characters he could be in there somewhere.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-01-20, 20:46   Link #820
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post

Unfortunately, I don't see James Arnold Taylor getting involved in the Hetalia dub (not to mention I have a better idea for who could play Northern Italy).
Well, I believe Johnny Yong Bosch is the most appropriate choice to voice America, mainly because the "heroic" voice acting of Bosch perfectly fits into America's personality.

As for James Arnold Taylor voicing North Italy, I am highly aware that the chances are very slim. This is mostly have to do with labor union issues. However, I do see Hetalia as an opportunity for Mr. Taylor to demonstrate his voice acting flexibility (he could voice Chibitalia and North Italy together). I find flexibility to be very important when it comes to anime voice acting.

Apparently, I created a petition in Funimation forums to have Funimation and ADR Director to consider Mr. Taylor as a possible candidate for North Italy (or any other role). Bear in note that I'm not saying that Mr. Taylor must voice North Italy or have a role in Hetalia. I'm saying that Funimation should consider Mr. Taylor as a possible option to voice North Italy due to Mr. Taylor's flexibility and how he can make characters larger than life. Even if Mr. Taylor doesn't get a role in Hetalia, there are many other anime voice acting opportunities for him (such Touma Kamijou from To Aru Majutsu no Index, the titular character of Doraemon, Kero for a redub of Cardcaptors Sakura, and many more directly out of my head). I just want to see Mr. Taylor get more anime roles due his flexibility and emphasis on voice acting. For some reason, his anime roles are very limited.

Sadly, a large majority of my ideas usually use voice actors from California (i.e. Crispin Freeman as North Italy, Spike Spencer as France, Yuri Lowenthal as Japan, Doug Erholtz as Germany, etc.).

Tags
comedy