AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-01-10, 16:15   Link #241
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Problem is even if sounding the same it's still not a reason for guy to mistake her as his sister plus the fact that Bridgette doesn't even speak before he pounces
Oh i know that. I'm just saying that watchers can't help but make a connection because they share the same voice actor. Also i'd say Bridgette looks like Kazuha from behind, so i can't blame Kazuya for thinking it was her. Especially seeing as how hung up about her he is.
Old 2011-01-10, 16:16   Link #242
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd actually call someone insane for thinking it wasn't Noto voicing Kazuha. She has quite possibly the most distinctive voice out there. So easy to tell it's her. You can't blame people now for making some kind of connection because they're sharing the same voice actor. Unless they just did it to tease we anime only viewers.

Would have been interesting to see if there would be any connection made in the manga, where there are no voices.
They probably had her do it to play on the similarity and simply save money instead of getting someone unique. It's always about the benjamins.

Quote:
Problem is even if sounding the same it's still not a reason for guy to mistake her as his sister plus the fact that Bridgette doesn't even speak before he pounces
Not sure I should bring up the point of hair colour but I think I'll leave that be for the moment as that is kinda ambiguous for most series anyway but it's still a point.
Yeah. He should have simply thought she looked like his sister for a moment and that was it. But he had to touch her, so yeah.
Old 2011-01-10, 16:27   Link #243
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
They probably had her do it to play on the similarity and simply save money instead of getting someone unique. It's always about the benjamins.
I thought of that option as well, though i'm just saying that there could be something there beside wanting to save money.

Quote:
Yeah. He should have simply thought she looked like his sister for a moment and that was it. But he had to touch her, so yeah.
He was totally caught up in the moment and 100% believed that Bridgette was his Sister, so a reaction such as running up and hugging her makes sense.
Old 2011-01-10, 16:30   Link #244
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Not sure I should bring up the point of hair colour but I think I'll leave that be for the moment as that is kinda ambiguous for most series anyway but it's still a point.
Maybe the manga hints will be shown earlier in the anime. Some things you just have to make a note and hope that the series gets to the point in the manga that hints at it. It's only the first episode after all.

The same VA just made it easier for the anime watchers to make a connection.
Old 2011-01-10, 16:42   Link #245
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

At first I had mixed feelings watching this. Satelliser is quite lame, which already starts in the OP with her wearing another ugly long skirt (so it's either that or her other ugly long skirt together with those awfuly nylon stockings), and then showing a cross... guess that fits to her messed-up character and her arrogant "Don't touch me!" attitude, together with her excessive violence and all her other flaws, as seen in her info screens written in best Engrish:

Spoiler for Satelliser's many flaws:

So a main heroine that sucks pretty much, lots of excessive violence I could do without... I was considering if I should continue watching this, when the actual star of the show appeared: Ganessa!

edit: Screenshots and comments are here:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=262

I'll continue watching this for Ganessa (and the other girls who will kick Satelliser's ass ) and hope there won't be too much of Satelliser. Best role for Satelliser would be the Freezing equivalent of Kenny from South Park - every episode, she gets her ass kicked by a different girl, and then the other girls exclaim, "Oh my god, she killed Satelliser". At the end of the episode, she's then reassembled to get her ass kicked next episode again

Last edited by Himeji; 2011-01-10 at 22:45. Reason: Look below for screenshots
Himeji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:52   Link #246
bigdeath

I love the OP song and I hope we get an OST soon with a full version of the song. The singer's voice is great.

Himeji: you got Stella and Ganessa backwards. In fact, Stella is not the monster all the girls in the school seem to think she is. They are just terrified of her, after all, if you had to face her in battle wouldn't you be terrified of her as well?

Also, in the pics you label with "The really important main characters, Ganessa Roland and Athea Simmons, appear." Just so you know, thats not Ganessa Roland in that pic. Its another girl, the one in the ending with the big Scythe.

P.S. *Hint* Your going to be seeing a whole lot of Stella if the OP wasn't any indication. *hint*

Last edited by bigdeath; 2011-01-10 at 17:18.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 16:57   Link #247
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
At first I had mixed feelings watching this. Satelliser is quite lame, which already starts in the OP with her wearing another ugly long skirt (so it's either that or her other ugly long skirt together with those awfuly nylon stockings), and then showing a cross... guess that fits to her messed-up character and her arrogant "Don't touch me!" attitude, together with her excessive violence and all her other flaws, as seen in her info screens written in best Engrish:

Spoiler for Satelliser's many flaws:

So a main heroine that sucks pretty much, lots of excessive violence I could do without... I was considering if I should continue watching this, when the actual star of the show appeared: Ganessa!

I'll continue watching this for Ganessa (and the other girls who will kick Satelliser's ass ) and hope there won't be too much of Satelliser. Best role for Satelliser would be the Freezing equivalent of Kenny from South Park - every episode, she gets her ass kicked by a different girl, and then the other girls exclaim, "Oh my god, she killed Satelliser". At the end of the episode, she's then reassembled to get her ass kicked next episode again
Well this title wears it's shonen roots proudly and it is a fighting title. Being violent is an asset. I can only say that Satellizer is awesome. However, I do feel sorry for you for being a fan of Ganessa. *evil laugh*.

Very tragic reasons why she doesn't want to be touched. However, just like the girls at that school, Himeji, you prejudged her.

And having a long battle hemline didn't make Saber less attractive.

And the girl in the pic is Arnette McMillan. She's in the ED.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-10 at 18:33. Reason: Removed spoiler with nsfw (forum rule 1.3) images
orion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 17:01   Link #248
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
He was totally caught up in the moment and 100% believed that Bridgette was his Sister, so a reaction such as running up and hugging her makes sense.
Yeah... he was caught up in something... just not the moment.
Old 2011-01-10, 17:14   Link #249
orion

Quote:
Uh, not part of his character but you really need to see more episodes to learn more about him.
Old 2011-01-10, 17:20   Link #250
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himeji View Post
which already starts in the OP with her wearing another ugly long skirt
I'm going to pretend i never heard that.
Old 2011-01-10, 18:13   Link #251
orion

I'm a fan of the white sundress.
Old 2011-01-10, 18:37   Link #252
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

A reminder: if anyone is going to critique this anime and want to use pictures to help make their point, do not use any that violate the forum rules! Not only will the post be either edited or deleted outright, the poster will also receive a warning as well.

Thank you.
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 18:57   Link #253
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Probably caught up in his memories since the student president went and talked about his sister who he misses so much, then when he saw Bridgette he immediately just let all those things in his head go out when he thought she was his sister.
Old 2011-01-10, 19:25   Link #254
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Probably caught up in his memories since the student president went and talked about his sister who he misses so much, then when he saw Bridgette he immediately just let all those things in his head go out when he thought she was his sister.
Yeah, the poor guy was crying.

And el Bridget is her last name not first. Satellizer is her first name.
Old 2011-01-10, 19:42   Link #255
Berlin

The action in this show is def. HARD CORE! It's not Queens Blade but the action might take QB on a run for it's money. I do find the enemies remind me of RahXephon and I hope that isn't going to be the only type of enemy they fight.
Berlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-10, 19:49   Link #256
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Well our heroine is a pinch since she was surprisingly hugged during her battle.. But will her opponent attack her with our male lead going about clinging to her like that? It's probably allowed for Pandoras to attack each other but attacking a civilian...

Quote:
And el Bridget is her last name not first. Satellizer is her first name.
Is that true? When I read the review before watching the first episode I thought Bridgette L. Satellizer was announcing that Bridgette was her first name. Well that explains my lack of discovering things
Old 2011-01-10, 19:57   Link #257
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Meh I got used to calling her Bridgette from the manga so I'm gonna stick with that

Much much nicer name than Satellizer.
Old 2011-01-10, 20:00   Link #258
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Meh I got used to calling her Bridgette from the manga so I'm gonna stick with that

Much much nicer name than Satellizer.
Bridgette also fits her looks in my opinion as well
Old 2011-01-10, 20:09   Link #259
Kagayaki

Yeah, me too. Was this just scanlator failure, or did they change it for the anime? It feels like having someone named Smith John...
Old 2011-01-10, 21:11   Link #260
Quadruple Accel
Freezing

Send a message via MSN to Quadruple Accel
i've read the entire manga and it is definitely something with a lot of potential, its not every season you see something like this be created as an anime and im not going to go through why i say it's an anime you dont see every season cuz theres a lot to it.
right now it seems its following the manga but due to the fact that its only going to be 12 episodes a lot will probablyyyyy be rushed not sure but maybe.
whether or not it deviates from the manga this will certainly be a worthwhile anime to watch, and i also hope there will be a second season

but seeing all the characters that are going to be in the anime on ANN many characters will not be introduced since it is only 12 episodes

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-01-11 at 13:01. Reason: No manga spoilers in the ANIME thread!
Quadruple Accel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, seinen