AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-12-22, 13:08   Link #1
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

[GS] & [GSD] Naturals living in PLANTs?

(I've already searched for keywords like "Naturals", "living", "PLANT", etc, and found nothing. So if a similar thread already exists, I apologize and ask the mods to please lock this thread. )

Like the title, I was thinking, would there be any Naturals living in these hour-glass shaped colonies within the Coordinator homeland? Just like some Coordinators living on Earth.

I would guess that if there are any, they would most likely be the parents of first generation Coordinators. But would they suffer discrimination and political-oppression from Zala-faction Coordinators? Just as the Coordinators suffered in Earth, the main reason why so many fled and resided in the PLANT colonies.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 13:45   Link #2
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

Probably not at the begenning,but after Clyne was killed and the failure of Operation Spitbreak life was probably difficult for the few naturals who lived there. Zala was convinced that the moderates betrayed PLANT.
Old 2004-12-22, 13:49   Link #3
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Probably not at the begenning,but after Clyne was killed and the failure of Operation Spitbreak life was probably difficult for the few naturals who lived there. Zala was convinced that the moderates betrayed PLANT.
most likely not..

remember there are other colonies out there besides plant..
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 14:08   Link #4
kikko_s
What's in a name....?

Send a message via AIM to kikko_s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryogax
most likely not..

remember there are other colonies out there besides plant..
Also, I don't think there are many first generation coordinators out there. On earth, genetic modification was banned years and years back. Remember how when Kira said he was a first generation coordinator, everyone was shocked. I think whatever naturals that live in PLANT would all be old and about to die anyway. Sigel Clyne and Patrick Zala were both first generation coordinators and they're pretty much geezers.
kikko_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 17:58   Link #5
FlyByNite

I think there are probably some naturals in the colonies, but the colonies were formed by the first generation coordinators (who had kept their modification a secret) like Sigel Clyne and Patrick Zala forming them as a place for the coordinators to live. There may be a few naturals living there, like in the first episode of Destiny we heard that there were Orb citizens who moved to Plant (although Orb had coordinators living there too). I would guess some are natural, like a natural who married a coordinator and moved to plant.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 19:15   Link #6
ryogax

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite
I think there are probably some naturals in the colonies, but the colonies were formed by the first generation coordinators (who had kept their modification a secret) like Sigel Clyne and Patrick Zala forming them as a place for the coordinators to live. There may be a few naturals living there, like in the first episode of Destiny we heard that there were Orb citizens who moved to Plant (although Orb had coordinators living there too). I would guess some are natural, like a natural who married a coordinator and moved to plant.

I believe Clyne and Patrick Zala are 2nd generation coordinator..not first..

but i could be wrong.
ryogax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 20:40   Link #7
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
The Torino Protocol banned genetic modification on Earth, didn't it? So it could be that the process is still available to create first generation Coordinators on the PLANTs.
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 21:53   Link #8
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
It says in the CE timeline that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.gundamofficial.com
C.E. 22 Siegel Clyne, a Coordinator, is secretly born in the Kingdom of Scandinavia.

C.E. 23 Patrick Zala, a Coordinator, is secretly born in the Atlantic Federation.
I'm pretty sure they're first generation, since the third generations were infertile and Athrun and Lacus were... hopefully >_> Maybe that would explain why Kira and Lacus sleeps in different beds? =/
Old 2004-12-22, 22:13   Link #9
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Kira is a first generation Coordinator.... the problem wouldn't be with him.

As for the infertility problem, they could fix it by using gene therapy... I mean, they could decide physical and mental attributes by genetic modification before the Coordinator was born in the first place.

As for the "Kira and Lacus in different beds" issue, that would most probably have to do with trying to dodge an outcry from concerned parents...
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-22, 22:32   Link #10
FlyByNite

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyu
Kira is a first generation Coordinator.... the problem wouldn't be with him.

As for the infertility problem, they could fix it by using gene therapy... I mean, they could decide physical and mental attributes by genetic modification before the Coordinator was born in the first place.

As for the "Kira and Lacus in different beds" issue, that would most probably have to do with trying to dodge an outcry from concerned parents...
Well there were complaints from the Kira/Fllay sex scene in Seed so maybe Fukada is shying away from showing teenage sexual situations? We did see Talia and Gil, but they're both adults.
FlyByNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 02:08   Link #11
haunterex

Send a message via ICQ to haunterex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Depresionist
It says in the CE timeline that:

I'm pretty sure they're first generation, since the third generations were infertile and Athrun and Lacus were... hopefully >_> Maybe that would explain why Kira and Lacus sleeps in different beds? =/
if lacus is infertile... should kira and her sleep together since kira wont have to worry about knocking her up accidently hahah =p
haunterex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-23, 07:28   Link #12
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Well there were complaints from the Kira/Fllay sex scene in Seed so maybe Fukada is shying away from showing teenage sexual situations? We did see Talia and Gil, but they're both adults.
Nah... There are always complaints. Its not like anyone will listen, especially Fukuda, who made the Kira/Flay scene even more detailed and suggestive in Special Edition.
Old 2006-01-05, 13:51   Link #13
lmd
ass master not gay

Send a message via MSN to lmd
naturals living on the plants maybe but not yet beacuse of the stupid chairman[fuckin ass
lmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 13:56   Link #14
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

I'm pretty sure Gilbert wouldn't have an issue with Naturals and Coordinators co-existing in the PLANTs. >.>
Mr_Paper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 14:24   Link #15
epyon96

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunterex
if lacus is infertile... should kira and her sleep together since kira wont have to worry about knocking her up accidently hahah =p
I just thought that maybe Lacus kicks in bed so Kira likes to do his thing and than sleep in a seperate bed

EPYON
epyon96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 15:51   Link #16
HazardNights

Send a message via AIM to HazardNights Send a message via MSN to HazardNights Send a message via Yahoo to HazardNights
Quote:
Not exactly true. The timeline says the Plants were built by sponser nations, that in turn formed the Earth Alliance, as place for coordiantors to live. Not that coordinators built it themselves. This is why and how the sponser nations were able to tax those in Plant and why they wanted their freedom. The sponser nations owned the Plants. Plant/Zaft in a way basiclly stole them by them breaking away, building their own weapons(mobile suits) and claiming themsleves independent. This is why the whole war started, the whole anti-coordinator situation just feed it but it was actually about money in the very beginning I believe when you get right down to it. Junis 7 happen after the war started and it was ZAFT that took military action first (actually fighting vs trying to scare or threaten).
HazardNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-05, 23:07   Link #17
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

I'm pretty sure that there were some Natural's and Coordinator's co-existing in the PLANTS in space...at least if the PLANTS were more neutral or at least not VERY involved in the war like Heliopolis was (or how Orb was on Earth). Maybe not like...half the population or anything, but I'm sure there were quite a few.
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-07, 09:56   Link #18
Eidolon Sniper
Tsubasa No Kami
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Eidolon Sniper
But if the hatred of the Naturals were to be believed...I highly doubt that they would want to move to the PLANTs even if their very lives depended on it...remember they didn't even thank the Coordinators who found the cure for the Type S2 influenza virus...>.>

Ethereal Exiled Queen. NATCH~~~!!!
Eidolon Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote