AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Death Note

Notices

View Poll Results: Death Note Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 20 26.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 45.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 5 6.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.33%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-11-24, 11:17   Link #21
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
Anyone want to take a shot at explaining how he gets the TV into a sealed bag of potato chips. Does he explain it in dialogue or is it like those teleporting apples in episode 1?
Take bag of potato chips. Insert portable tv. Make sure to place some potato chips in front of the tv. Take potent superglue gun or other binding substance(in case edge is fatty. clean off first). Glue the edge of the bag. Press closed evenly by use of a book edge, small steel pipe or other even and heavy material or use even pressure. Place bag in cupboard.

Tadaa.
Old 2006-11-24, 11:36   Link #22
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 8
My favorite part. <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by IchiKyo View Post
*Link deleted *
Do me a favor Light ^^
Don't turn like a hentaiman^^
RAW 8 Images
LOL! I thought that his attitude is a bit... cold. It's like he's not affected, he's flipping the pages as if it's a regular magazine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iriliane View Post
Anyone want to take a shot at explaining how he gets the TV into a sealed bag of potato chips. Does he explain it in dialogue or is it like those teleporting apples in episode 1?
Light's tricks continue to amaze me and... sometimes annoy me. Yeah, I'd like to know the answer, too! I can't think of an explanations. Guess this is one of the several loopholes in Death Note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
I'm surprised that, with 64 cameras in the room, they didn't use a better angle to look at what Light's doing than the camera that shows only his back.
Maybe they did but didn't show us because it won't make a difference. This is a map of the cameras. From the left, you can see the end of the bag which's sealed. From the right, you can see the front of the bag which's open, however, it's not clear because of the other chips part/shadow/Light's hand. Maybe if you zoomed in...

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopius View Post
There's no way a tiny TV should cost that much.
I don't know much, but when I googled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lommm View Post
but seriously, even with the trash being compacted, detectives can still go through it at the landfill, or stop the truck before it gets there... a smashed mini LCD tv is even more incriminating when it's inside a bag of potato chips...
Currently, there's no reason for them to check of the trash. And even they did, Light can say that the TV was broken so he throwed it, right?

Last edited by Lilith; 2006-11-24 at 11:46. Reason: mini LCD costs
Old 2006-11-24, 11:48   Link #23
[ ]

Send a message via ICQ to [ ] Send a message via AIM to [ ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Light's tricks continue to amaze me and... sometimes annoy me. Yeah, I'd like to know the answer, too! I can't think of an explanations. Guess this is one of the several loopholes in Death Note.
Does nobody ever read my posts T_T J/K
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ ]
Take bag of potato chips. Insert portable tv. Make sure to place some potato chips in front of the tv. Take potent superglue gun or other binding substance(in case edge is fatty. clean off first). Glue the edge of the bag. Press closed evenly by use of a book edge, small steel pipe or other even and heavy material or use even pressure. Place bag in cupboard.

Tadaa.
but still, that seems like a decent explanation as long as he makes sure theres no glue residue he can also place drops of glue on the very tips of the edge of the bag which would complete the appearance of being sealed even upon closer inspection.
Old 2006-11-24, 12:54   Link #24
leofish
Mia 'cova

I thought Ryuk's "withdrawl" from apples was even funnier than the potato chips XD handstands and sweat bubbles, lol.
Old 2006-11-24, 13:59   Link #25
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha poor ryuk having spazms from being apple deprived
Light is smart but the plot hole is how did the dam mini tv get into the bag in the first place without the camra catching it...
imo light is leaving too much clues...L is smarter than this and will soon find the connection of light using reverse psycology...sometimes there is such a thing as being "too" normal...especially when being watched...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-24, 15:04   Link #26
Strike Rouge

Send a message via AIM to Strike Rouge Send a message via MSN to Strike Rouge
It really bothers me how Yagami has such little regard for human life. L realizes that he slipped up. One of the killed was a fraudulent banker and the other was a petty thief. Also, everyone's always saying how Yagami is ten steps ahead of L. But Yagami's ego is going to get him caught. In the tapes, Ray was clearly staring up at Kira and all it takes is a few interviews to figure out who was there at the time. This may be unlikely to work but what if there was a camera that shot the angle Ray was looking at? Yagami is leaving behind too many tracks and its gonna be somthing like this thats going to get him caught.

Then there's Naomi-san. Her body hasnt been found yet. Do you think she maybe left some sort of note behind? People leave suicide notes behind all the time. Kira didnt specify anything too elaborate surrounding the circumstances of her death. I will lol if her suicide ends up eing the one thing that gets him figured out ^^;
Old 2006-11-25, 00:01   Link #27
Codex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Maybe they did but didn't show us because it won't make a difference. This is a map of the cameras. From the left, you can see the end of the bag which's sealed. From the right, you can see the front of the bag which's open, however, it's not clear because of the other chips part/shadow/Light's hand. Maybe if you zoomed in...
I wasn't talking about the bag of chips. I was talking about the fact that Light was still writing the death sentences in the Death Note. With the map you showed, the cameras in front of Light, on the bookshelves and his desk, should have been able to show that he was not studying for his exam, but rather writing in the Death Note.
Old 2006-11-25, 00:03   Link #28
musouka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codex View Post
With the map you showed, the cameras in front of Light, on the bookshelves and his desk, should have been able to show that he was not studying for his exam, but rather writing in the Death Note.
Light was writing on a scrap of paper in the bag of chips, not the Death Note itself. (The reason it looked like he was is because of the obviously reused footage from episode one. Oopsies, animators...)

EDIT: (Though upon my recheck at least they changed what he was writing. )
Old 2006-11-25, 00:30   Link #29
evil-samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by leofish View Post
I thought Ryuk's "withdrawl" from apples was even funnier than the potato chips XD handstands and sweat bubbles, lol.
I really was laughing out-loud when we first saw Ryuk's reaction to not being able to eat apples anymore

To be honest on a whole I like this episode just as much as the last (Though still the last few moments of last episode are priceless.) The situation that Light was in and how we saw L monitor Light and heard and saw what his reaction was while he didn't know Light is Kira was certaining Interesting!
Old 2006-11-25, 02:11   Link #30
U<3Anime
Boo!

Another, good episode that is well done. The art remains pretty consistant through
out the whole episode. Its funny how they made the scene so dramatic where Light eats chips and kills people at the same.
Old 2006-11-25, 02:13   Link #31
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike Rouge View Post
It really bothers me how Yagami has such little regard for human life. L realizes that he slipped up. One of the killed was a fraudulent banker and the other was a petty thief. Also, everyone's always saying how Yagami is ten steps ahead of L. But Yagami's ego is going to get him caught. In the tapes, Ray was clearly staring up at Kira and all it takes is a few interviews to figure out who was there at the time. This may be unlikely to work but what if there was a camera that shot the angle Ray was looking at? Yagami is leaving behind too many tracks and its gonna be somthing like this thats going to get him caught.

Then there's Naomi-san. Her body hasnt been found yet. Do you think she maybe left some sort of note behind? People leave suicide notes behind all the time. Kira didnt specify anything too elaborate surrounding the circumstances of her death. I will lol if her suicide ends up eing the one thing that gets him figured out ^^;
She won't be found because Light wrote that she'll go suicide in place where no one will ever find her.
Old 2006-11-25, 03:44   Link #32
poolfan
NOOB

I believe many people were saying this about the movie as well. Light doesn't seem to have any non-obvious way of looking at the TV screen in the potato chips bag. I mean there is no direct line of sight between him (in the sitting upright position) and the tv screen. To stoop down and take a chip out from the bag would be suspicious.

Last edited by poolfan; 2006-11-25 at 08:13.
Old 2006-11-25, 05:04   Link #33
DownloadingData

Quote:
Light is smart but the plot hole is how did the dam mini tv get into the bag in the first place without the camra catching it...
... just because they didn't show every single second of Light's doing doesn't mean it is a plot hole. It would be quite obvious to anybody that light had bought the portable TV previously and installed it in that certain bag of potato chips BEFORE the cameras were installed. Because, as he said, if he was rendered to be inaccessible to any TV or radio due to some unforseen circumstances, this would be his backup.
Old 2006-11-25, 05:11   Link #34
Rich
AnimeSuki's Hentai-sama

Send a message via ICQ to Rich Send a message via MSN to Rich
no offense but don't you think that 64 cameras in the room is a little bit extreme. HAHA you only need like 5 to see the whole room but what can i say? crazy Japs
Old 2006-11-25, 06:02   Link #35
porchoky

He sets up the potato chip and tv thing OUTSIDE his house, is the most reasonable explanation. yeah, 64 cameras...
Old 2006-11-25, 06:20   Link #36
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
no offense but don't you think that 64 cameras in the room is a little bit extreme. HAHA you only need like 5 to see the whole room but what can i say? crazy Japs
5 is really not enough.
camera doesn't have a huge angle sight (don't expect such 180°, this is impossible).
you have then already some blind spot near of the camera sides.

example : http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/9...camera4vh2.jpg
Note this example is absolutely not accurate and is done only to understand the camera problem.

as you can see, the sight range is really narrow at the beginning. with 4 camera in an EMPTY room, you have already 4 blind spots (assuming the camera have an excellent range too).

so, you will have to deal with :
-height (a camera, especially miniaturized, won't be able to record a large place entirely)
-objects
-blind spot made by the object themself : if a curve is on the middle top, the bottom camera would see only the back of the curve, while the top camera won't be able to catch the curve on their side.
-distance (miniaturized camera don't really have a powerful sight, so it won't really cover a long distance, so some details on the opposite wall would be blurry etc.

so you have to put lot of other camera to compensate this.

and since Light's room isn't really plain (you have a bed etc), there are several levels and angles to set.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2006-11-25 at 07:27.
Old 2006-11-25, 06:41   Link #37
noir senshi
Escapist Extraordinaire

It seems that this episode was more a battle of perverts between L and Light.

Light: Dishes out the bikini magazine and also reveals his collection of dirty magazines.

L: Installs cameras in the Yagami house including toilet so he can "monitor" the Mother and Daughter.
Old 2006-11-25, 09:25   Link #38
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Hell, after watching Busou renkin episode 6 and this one : it must be my hentai day. The way L said "he's 17, so it's normal" makes me wonder how old he is, that eating-instead-of-licking-cream monkey...

The 64 cameras stuff was waaaayyy exagerrated : it didn't even catch the potato bag inside ? WTF

Besides, I found strange Raito to keep eye on the garbage outside : I really hope the CD player or whatever it was is truly destroyed.

As people said, many thoughts and statements pop out from the characters mind without any explanation, at least a rational one. I would like it to turn like Monster about that investigation part.
And Raito is more and more becoming a twisted freak : how and when did he put that paper on his room door and the pen in the closet ?? He is showing true signs of paranoia........and he's totally right.

My thought, as someone said before, is that Raito is 10 step ahead. Thanks God he took days in advance writing criminals names...
Old 2006-11-25, 10:19   Link #39
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by porchoky View Post
He sets up the potato chip and tv thing OUTSIDE his house, is the most reasonable explanation. yeah, 64 cameras...
yea thats the only reasonable explination...we did see light going out and buying stuff maybe he restocked the cupboard with his potato chips as well...but the things that L might catch on is why the hell is light eating the same bag of potato chips for a couple of hours while he was "studing"

and the cameras sux 64 of them and not one can zoom in

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-11-25, 11:20   Link #40
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl View Post
Hell, after watching Busou renkin episode 6 and this one : it must be my hentai day. The way L said "he's 17, so it's normal" makes me wonder how old he is, that eating-instead-of-licking-cream monkey...
Hehehe and he says that he just does it for no reason xD. I think L is 22 or somewhere around his 20s.