Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-02-23, 09:53   Link #21
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Just started playing it last night. Apollo Justice was sort of a weak spot in a series full of awesome but this is shaping up quite nicely. I like Edgeworth and I'm still waiting to see the new sidekick (barely got through the first case and a few minutes into the second).

Also I'm a little disappointed at the lack of courtroom scenes but I guess that's pretty understandable given the fact that it's kinda stupid to have a case where you have the upper hand (pointing fingers at the criminal and stuff).

I also like the revamped interface and the fact that I don't need to use the stupid stylus to examine evidence anymore (seriously, the less unnecessary stylus usage we get in DS games the better).

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 13:26   Link #22
wingman32x

After playing the demo, I'm still kind of wary. It was a good demo, but IDK if I like the new gameplay. I'll still probably buy it, but I wan't blown away by the demo...
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-23, 14:42   Link #23
Freeter
beyond

Even though I already beat the import, going through it again in English is a blast. I love all the random side dialogue that occurs whenever you examine random stuff, especially the banter between Edgeworth and Gumshoe (poor guy, living off instant noodles for life ).

If Godot wasn't as awesome as he is I'd easily place this game over the previous ones. Right now it's a very close second.
Old 2010-02-25, 00:51   Link #24
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emerald Emblem View Post
On the last case, more like about to start it, I've enjoyed the ride, but the disappointment for the last case is worrying me.
Spoiler for case five:

On the game, much better than Apollo Justice, which I felt was the weakest in the series. In this game I really like Lang, he really had strong idea which I liked and unlike Klavier (the worst character ever in Ace Attorney) he wasn't a goody two-shoes. Though lack of court scene and the Judge was disappointing.
Old 2010-02-25, 07:15   Link #25
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

I think I found Shih-na and Lang pairing to be quite cute. [spoiler] I was dissapointed when they didn't show what happened with Yew during the end credit scene And here I was hoping to see some last moment between the two of them, lol.

I must say though, the case 5 is a case where there are lot of Deus ex Machina mechanism inside of it I liked Alba though, he's awesome with his smug and objections. And I think it's quite epic, with all the 'hold it' shout between everyone during the end to corner Alba ;_; )

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-25, 11:36   Link #26
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

For some reason, a loli who loves to whip people is much cuter than a woman one, although their behavior are the same.

I think the this game's mechanic is better than previous ones, with the going around the scene and logic feature put together.
Old 2010-02-25, 13:03   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
I think the this game's mechanic is better than previous ones, with the going around the scene and logic feature put together.
Yeah same here. It's a nice change to the already 'does the job' system, and i'm really pleased with it. Do hope it carries onto the next game, especially if we go back to the court room, and not just investigations.
Old 2010-02-26, 14:00   Link #28
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Overall, i liked it, but i don't know. It just felt that lacked something for me... The confrontations between you and the witness were kinda boring most of the time. In the previous ones, they were a huge blast, now, it's so common you end up getting a little tired of it. I missed the court A LOT.

The new chars are very nice. Kay is very charismatic and Lang started as a asshole, but i started to like him after a while. Of course, Edgeworth steals the show.

The last case was the best one... Like all the previous games. That guy didn't know how to quit. I thought it was going to last forever.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-26, 15:27   Link #29
Marion
The Great Dine

Hmm..where do I begin.

Spoiler for Review, spoilers for the entire game:

Overall the game was good, but just a bit too easy. Then again the 1st game in a series is usually the easiest game (PW:AA for example) so if AAI has a 2nd game (which I'm sure it will) then it'll be more challenging for sure.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-27, 07:25   Link #30
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

That example of logic system is not as obvious than the necklace that the victim wore at the 3rd chapter @_@ I mean, what the hell ? His name is clearly different than the one on the necklace, and yet we need to 'deduce' it to find contradiction ? >_>; (I'm still angry due to fact that I 'died' once because I can't find the contradiction during that moment )

I agree that they are sometimes quite useless....but they helped me once in case 3 - 5. ;_;

Man, I hoped to see more Kay in the future, possibly Gyakuten 5 >3

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 15:11   Link #31
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

I love this game. After the huge disappointment that was apollo justice, I had lost faith in capcom to turnaround the series in the direction which had worked so well for the original trilogy.

But this game really worked, Through the appearance of old PW characters and great new ones like Kay and Detective Badd.

Miles really works as the lead for the game, It's amazing how far we've come after hating his guts in the first few cases of the first game.

I honestly hope capcom makes a straight sequel to this game instead of apollo justice 2.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 17:22   Link #32
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
It's amazing how far we've come after hating his guts in the first few cases of the first game.
Pffft. Edgeworth has easily been my favorite character from the franchise since his first outstanding performance, and still to this day i think that. What a guy.
Old 2010-03-04, 21:32   Link #33
DingoEnderZOE2

Send a message via AIM to DingoEnderZOE2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poetic Justice View Post
I love this game. After the huge disappointment that was apollo justice, I had lost faith in capcom to turnaround the series in the direction which had worked so well for the original trilogy.

But this game really worked, Through the appearance of old PW characters and great new ones like Kay and Detective Badd.

Miles really works as the lead for the game, It's amazing how far we've come after hating his guts in the first few cases of the first game.

I honestly hope capcom makes a straight sequel to this game instead of apollo justice 2.
Sorry my man but unless Capcom decided to retcons Apollo Justice a sequel to that game is inevitable. And if a sequel to AA1 comes out again unless they retcon at least the time in which Apollo justice takes place, they would HAVE to reference what happens to Phoenix since his....incident happens a mere 2 or 3 weeks after AAI in April.
Anime evaluating:None
Manga in progress:None at the moment
DingoEnderZOE2 is offline   Reply With Quote