Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2014-03-19, 20:39   Link #41
Eragon
Still Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihaxlikenoob View Post
Shame if Kakashi's left eye goes perma-blind, such a cool and useful power lost; its degradation rate was really slow to boot.
He wasn't emo enough for the average degradation rate.
Old 2014-03-19, 21:58   Link #42
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artimus_Prime View Post
But u made me realize I was wrong to think guy should go this alone. I don't think it's despite the 8 gates he still needs help but because of the eights gates...you want something as powerful as evening elephant to land, and support is useful for that
prior to this chapter i just assumed it would be too fast for anyone to keep up with it aside from madara, so i figured nobody would even be able to help, let alone whether they should or not. but after reading the chapter, i like the teamwork quite a bit
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 22:22   Link #43
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

-Well damn. Good job Guy. And yet I am saddened by the fact that we KNOW this fight will only last until Naruto is back among the living again. It's a shame. I really want to enjoy Guy giving Madara a most-deserved trouncing, but I can't since I know it is ultimately fruitless and will require Naruto to finish it, it just takes away from the enjoyment. Maybe if Kishimoto actually showed that Madara is in danger of losing I'd be more accepting...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Here comes rinnegan Naruto!
-By the hairy backside of the Greek gods, DO IT! We all know he's supposed to become a powerhouse that can take on guys like Madara and the 10-tails so this is only fitting. And look, we got Obito to provide the Uchiha blood/power/DNA/wangst needed to achieve the Rinnengan for him (Rinnengan requires both an Uchiha and a Senju/relative to Senju to make it happen).
Old 2014-03-19, 22:34   Link #44
Cookie-Monster

I don't know why but I always found rinnegan to be a kind of boring addition to narutoworld.

I hope Hashirama has some super secret techniques to teach naruto instead. Any chance Naruto will be able to learn deep forest growth in 5 minutes?
Cookie-Monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-19, 23:56   Link #45
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminion Lancer View Post
-Well damn. Good job Guy. And yet I am saddened by the fact that we KNOW this fight will only last until Naruto is back among the living again. It's a shame. I really want to enjoy Guy giving Madara a most-deserved trouncing, but I can't since I know it is ultimately fruitless and will require Naruto to finish it, it just takes away from the enjoyment. Maybe if Kishimoto actually showed that Madara is in danger of losing I'd be more accepting...

-By the hairy backside of the Greek gods, DO IT! We all know he's supposed to become a powerhouse that can take on guys like Madara and the 10-tails so this is only fitting. And look, we got Obito to provide the Uchiha blood/power/DNA/wangst needed to achieve the Rinnengan for him (Rinnengan requires both an Uchiha and a Senju/relative to Senju to make it happen).
Rinnegan requires a Sharingan first. As Kabuto said, what comes naturally after the Sharingan is the Rinnegan. So an Uchiha with the strongest possible Sharingan (EMS) has a chance of awakening Rinnegan, but even then it may only happen right before the end of their lifespan like it did with Madara.

Now consider that Madara was the most talented Sharingan user in existence, who implanted the DNA of the most talented Senju in existence in his body. And still, he wasn't able to awaken it until he nearly died.

So for Naruto to obtain the Rinnegan, he would first need an Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, and then hope that his Senju DNA is sufficient enough to upgrade them, and that they upgrade immediately without taking 30 years or so.
Old 2014-03-20, 00:07   Link #46
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
So for Naruto to obtain the Rinnegan, he would first need an Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan, and then hope that his Senju DNA is sufficient enough to upgrade them, and that they upgrade immediately without taking 30 years or so.
Naruto has more 9-tails chakra than any Jinchuuriki has every had
Naruto is an Uzumaki (who were apparently the ultimate ninja clan based on all these members that it suddenly has, such as Nagato, and even Mito, wife of the first Hokage, herself a vessel of the 9-tails.)
Naruto IS the title character in this manga
Naruto has a massive chakra of his own, even without Kurama
Naruto is, despite all appearances throughout the entire series, quite tactical and talented in the arts of combat.
Naruto has his long lost Yaoi pal Sasuke to give him the Sharingan that even Madara says is most similar to his own
Naruto has Sage Mode, nuff said
Oh, right, Naruto has one more thing going for him.

Naruto is the child of prophecy, who can use powerful Talk no Jutsu so strong that even Suzumiya Haruhi would bow down and lick his boots in adulation.

I think it's within the scope of this manga for Naruto to just give Sasuke an eyejob and have Rinnegan at this point
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 00:11   Link #47
ranchan13

Quote:
Maybe if Kishimoto actually showed that Madara is in danger of losing I'd be more accepting...
If Mashima wants to do this, he can have Gai beating the tar out of Madara and winning the fight, all the way until it's revealed that the death from opening all 8 gates is complete disintegration. Gai pulls back to deliver a deathblow punch to Madara, and just as it should hit him, Gai is vapor.

You could then have an image of Madara with a look of almost intoxicating fear as he realizes he was about to be completely destroyed. And then the "I am a villain" laugh as he then monologues into "Your best hope is gone now. Such a shame. I kill you all now, k thnx!"
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 00:37   Link #48
The Small One

Naruto is lacking the eyes to awaken a Rinnegan. He has access to all the Bijou and sage chakra though.
Sasuke on the other hand has all requirements for the Rinnegan but no Bijou.

I'm guessing for a teamwork sage.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 02:57   Link #49
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranchan13 View Post
Naruto is an Uzumaki (who were apparently the ultimate ninja clan based on all these members that it suddenly has, such as Nagato, and even Mito, wife of the first Hokage, herself a vessel of the 9-tails.)
As far as we’ve been told, being a jinchuriki and/or Uzumaki in and of itself has nothing to do with the Rinnegan. Also, while the Uzumaki had prestige and renown, their clan being the “ultimate” or best was not stated in the manga.

Quote:
Naruto is, despite all appearances throughout the entire series, quite tactical and talented in the arts of combat.
Naruto has his long lost Yaoi pal Sasuke to give him the Sharingan that even Madara says is most similar to his own
But none of these “reasons” have anything to do with the rinnegan, or refute Justrob's point :/

I think it would be more logical, given all the information we've received, if Naruto was given something along the lines of an advanced sage/kyuubi mode that better meshed the two. This holds true to the theme of him emulating the sage's son who inherited the sage’s special body. Sasuke obviously has special eyes, and together with their new powers, Naruto and Sasuske theoretically have the powers of the sage, and can take down Madara, the current pseudo-sage.

Naruto will have to deal with Sasuke afterwards, presumably as his last challenge. If Naruto is to become a sage of 6 paths, it seems more fitting he accomplish this after (or while) taking on and defeating Sasuke, the "other half" of the sage, as this symbolizes his progression in stages, and also follows well with the original sage's wish that the son who Naruto represents should be his successor in bringing peace to the world; which Jiraiya has also tasked Naruto with, and Sasuke represents the worlds hatred as well as the other sage’s son and powers.
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 04:27   Link #50
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well... since the eight gate is so strong, I think I could guess who kills the swordsmen of the Mist

Gooo GAI!!!! Make your death become heroic, unforgettable, and the best in this arc....
poor Gai's team... after losing Neji, now they're losing the sensei

I like how we got flashback from Chuunin Exam
And Minato's coordination is perfect!! As expected from Yondaime...
The teamwork is good as well
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 04:42   Link #51
JustRob

Maybe when all of this is over, Obito can Rinne Tensei Minato & Kushina, since it's his fault they died
Old 2014-03-20, 05:03   Link #52
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Naruto should never get an eye-jutsu.
Old 2014-03-20, 07:46   Link #53
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Rinnegan requires a Sharingan first. As Kabuto said, what comes naturally after the Sharingan is the Rinnegan. So an Uchiha with the strongest possible Sharingan (EMS) has a chance of awakening Rinnegan, but even then it may only happen right before the end of their lifespan like it did with Madara.

-I dunno man, Nagato was an Uzumaki (though IIRC the source material stated that one of his parents was an Uchiha) and he awakened it pretty damn early in life. You could argue that since he was a natural "mixture" between an Uchiha and Senju (or the closest genetic equivalent), he was much more suited to getting the Rinnengan than say Madara who forcefully integrated the DNA of the Senju counterpart.

-Now this isn't a point in Naruto's favor. After all he doesn't have Uchiha blood running through his veins (unless somehow Minato is a long lost relative to the Uchiha). However, it does explain that being an Uzumaki is sufficient enough for the task of getting the magical-eye-thing.

Quote:
If Mashima wants to do this, he can have Gai beating the tar out of Madara and winning the fight, all the way until it's revealed that the death from opening all 8 gates is complete disintegration. Gai pulls back to deliver a deathblow punch to Madara, and just as it should hit him, Gai is vapor.

You could then have an image of Madara with a look of almost intoxicating fear as he realizes he was about to be completely destroyed. And then the "I am a villain" laugh as he then monologues into "Your best hope is gone now. Such a shame. I kill you all now, k thnx!"
-I could be satisfied with that. At least it would be something that resembled a fighting chance for the heroes. Well, minus the gloating. I hate it when villains get so smug after permanently browning their pants moments before.
Old 2014-03-20, 07:49   Link #54
noktown

Maybe,it's time for Fusion-ha ?
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 08:31   Link #55
JustRob

Quote:
-I dunno man, Nagato was an Uzumaki (though IIRC the source material stated that one of his parents was an Uchiha) and he awakened it pretty damn early in life. You could argue that since he was a natural "mixture" between an Uchiha and Senju (or the closest genetic equivalent), he was much more suited to getting the Rinnengan than say Madara who forcefully integrated the DNA of the Senju counterpart.

-Now this isn't a point in Naruto's favor. After all he doesn't have Uchiha blood running through his veins (unless somehow Minato is a long lost relative to the Uchiha). However, it does explain that being an Uzumaki is sufficient enough for the task of getting the magical-eye-thing.
Nagato never awakened anything. Madara ripped out the Rinnegan he awakened himself, and had Obito put them in Nagato without him ever realizing it. Which is also why Obito retrieved them after Nagato died, as they originally belonged to Madara.
Old 2014-03-20, 08:51   Link #56
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eragon View Post
The last ability I would call overpowered is this. There's a reason he hasn't used it till now. The cost of such humongous power boost is his life which, I think is pretty balanced. And he can't use it for a long time either. There are other abilities that are OP but this is not one them.
Also, the level of power attained using the 8 gates depends on it's user. 8 gates Guy will be different from 8 gates Lee, or Papa Guy. I think Guy's 8 gates is superior because he is already strong without it.

Guy's father - 8 gates = Genin
Lee - 8 Gates = Chuunin
Guy - 8 gates = Jounin
Old 2014-03-20, 08:55   Link #57
JustRob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
Also, the level of power attained using the 8 gates depends on it's user. 8 gates Guy will be different from 8 gates Lee, or Papa Guy. I think Guy's 8 gates is superior because he is already strong without it.

Guy's father - 8 gates = Genin
Lee - 8 Gates = Chuunin
Guy - 8 gates = Jounin
Yeah, but still, you have to wonder how well you can measure someone's power by rank. Naruto is still a Genin, but I think it's safe to say by now he's one of the strongest guys around.
Old 2014-03-20, 09:13   Link #58
itachi-san314

Quote:
Nagato never awakened anything. Madara ripped out the Rinnegan he awakened himself, and had Obito put them in Nagato without him ever realizing it.
i think madara had zetsu do it. his rinnegan eyes were already gone when he first met obito
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-20, 09:15   Link #59
Typeblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Commander View Post
As far as we’ve been told, being a jinchuriki and/or Uzumaki in and of itself has nothing to do with the Rinnegan.
1. You don't need Sharingan to have a Rinnegan. There are only 2 people in the Manga to have awoken the Rinnegan, and only one of them had the Sharingan. The Sage, the first to attain, he never had a sharingan. Naruto could attain it the same way.

2. Evolution is not the only way to develop the Rinnegan. Obito and Pein did not awaken this ability it was given to them. Naruto could simply inherit the one from Obito
Old 2014-03-20, 11:24   Link #60
Artful Dodger

Quote:
Oh, right, Naruto has one more thing going for him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Typeblue View Post
1. You don't need Sharingan to have a Rinnegan. There are only 2 people in the Manga to have awoken the Rinnegan, and only one of them had the Sharingan. The Sage, the first to attain, he never had a sharingan. Naruto could attain it the same way.

2. Evolution is not the only way to develop the Rinnegan. Obito and Pein did not awaken this ability it was given to them. Naruto could simply inherit the one from Obito
Wow, some of you guys are really reaching here... Why are you guys so adamant about him getting this rinnegan power, especially considering all he already has?
Artful Dodger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion