AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-08-05, 16:47   Link #4581
Namorax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
looking at the map it makes sense for Nazarick to be in the plains near the South Eastern part of the forest. Putting it North of the Forest would put it too far away form Carne Village which is south of the forest. There would be no chance Aniz would have spotted the attack on the forest. The SouthEastern part would also put it nominally inside the Kingdom's border. North of the Forrest would be Empire Territory.

Spoiler:
The location marked in the quoted map is too far in the empire, and its also too close to the other empire-town that's connected to E-Rantel via road.
It would simply put Nazarick too far into Imperial territory. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Nazarick's location in the WN is completely different from its location in the LN... and there is no way ANY noble would be able to claim taxes from someone who lived that far in imperial territory. Another piece to keep in mind is that we have no scale. The distance between E-rantel and the southern tip of the Azellerisia mountains could be any size between 10 and 100 kilometers. This almost looks like any map an adventurer of the new world would have. For all we know this meight be exactly what it is...

Anyway, all we know for sure is that the area around E-Rantel is contested territory, and that we have no clue just how big this contested area exactly is... but I just assume it covers the whole territory between the mountains to the north and the south of E-Rantel.
We know both the Empire and the Kingdom want it, presumably because once you do, you can either prevent the kingdom from getting into the Empire/theocracy, or preventtheother two from entering the kingdom. Not so sure if the Theocracy really wants that territory, to me it looks like they are more interested in keeping the conflict going than actually claiming the area.

"We" also assume that Nazarick is somewhere north of E-Rantel... but personally, I'm not so sure about that. After all, we don't know where the Azellerisia mountains "end".
The mountains to the south of E-Rantel might still be part of the "Azellerisia Mountains" as well, with E-Rantel and the plains around it being something like a valley/pass that allows access to the other side of the mountain range.

Maybe I need to re-read vol2, maybe there is a hint where Carne village lies in relation to E-Rantel. Or maybe one of the future volumes will give us a clue... after all, we were supposed to see this when we read volume 9... and we are at 5.

----------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by erb View Post
guys Ive a doubt about Wish upon a star:

At first it says it consumes a percentage of the total experience points of the player. But later after knowing that the spell works different in the new world. Ainz says that if he uses 5 levels, 500 percent experience points he could get a stronger wish. Then its not a percentage of the total experience but instead a percentage of the current level experience?
That would mean you should use the spell whenever you just levelled up and sit at 0% (of XP required for next level).
500% of 0 would still be 0. Unlmited Wishes!! xD

Obviously that's not how it works... I assume that the passage simply means that he's originally supposed to use "1 level" (=100%) to pay for the wish if this was still the game (and he didn't have his ring).
5 times 100%/[1 Level] then turns into 500%/[5 Levels]

-------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by LystAP View Post
There is no emotion, there is peace.
No, there's only Zuul....

Last edited by Namorax; 2015-08-05 at 17:07.
Namorax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 17:15   Link #4582
Schattenbach

I've to agree in that map is far too simplistic and practically of no use for anything besides vague directions.

If regular maps of the continent are of such a low quality, it's no wonder Ainz was complaining ...

About Carne villages location ... it's been shown on the map (in the elders house ~at 17 minutes into the episode or something like that) in ep 3. It's north-west of E-Rantel (between the big piece of forest and the smaller one) , I guess?

Edit: Added some details to the post.
Schattenbach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 17:59   Link #4583
Namorax

True, you can see it ~17:40. And Ainz himself says Nazarick "belongs" to the Kingdom. Therefore it's impossible for it to be that far to the north-east of E-Rantel
Old 2015-08-05, 18:05   Link #4584
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Yes, Nazarick is within Kingdom borders.

But it describe as North of the Forrest.
It is located beneath a Plain not inside the forest itself.
can't be too close to E-Rantei

that is why i pick that spot.
Old 2015-08-05, 18:14   Link #4585
erb

=0

Its just that '5 levels ---500 percent of experience points' line that confuses me.

But I would say that if you had 0 experience say at level 95 and you used the spell for 1 wish then you would still loss 10% of level 95 full experience and you would return to level 94. Haha its confusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namorax View Post
That would mean you should use the spell whenever you just levelled up and sit at 0% (of XP required for next level).
500% of 0 would still be 0. Unlmited Wishes!! xD

Obviously that's not how it works... I assume that the passage simply means that he's originally supposed to use "1 level" (=100%) to pay for the wish if this was still the game (and he didn't have his ring).
5 times 100%/[1 Level] then turns into 500%/[5 Levels]
erb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 18:31   Link #4586
Schattenbach

Quote:

The Great Forest of Tob, though, is located both at the southern border of the kingdom and south of the Great Lake, isn't it (I'm not really sure)? There are two big forests there ... one next to the mountains and one exactly at the border (the one that's somewhat "around the border city). So either those forests are actually one forest split in some way or it's two (or more) different ones. If I had to guess then I would say that the forest next to E-Rantel might be the Great Forest of Tob.

Edit: Corrected some things.
Old 2015-08-05, 18:35   Link #4587
Namorax

Quote:

That's the problem with not having a sense of scale. As far as we know, the plains north of E-Rantel could be big enough to allow Nazarick to be "inside a plain" while still being out of sight from the town.
Or the Forest literally begins outside the town walls. We have no way of knowing...

There's another thing that is confusing: Looking at the map, one would intuitively assume that "dark area"=forest, right?
There is obivously a giant forest to the south-east of E-Rantel, right?
The map labels it "Kattse Plains".
You're welcome.

Furthermore, I've just seen episode 5 of the anime, where Momon gets hired by the sword of darkness to patrol the wood.
They obviously travel into Tobe Forest where Momon meets his hamster... right? But they travel to the south.
This probaby means that all the woods around E-Rantel are part of Tobe Forest. That means there is Tobe Forest North (of E-Rantel), Tobe Forest South (of E-Rantel) etc...
Chances are the mountains south of E-Rantel are also the Azellerisia Mountains.

Please Maruyama! Stop giving us confsing information!! xD

EDIT: Sorry, that was me confusing things. Carne's location is (now) more or less fixed, with the anime showing the location on a map... the original "job" of the Sowrds of Darkness mightÄve been in the forest to the south of the city, but that was before they met Enfirea who wanted to go to Carne village... just because the anime mentions that they wanted to travel south, doesn't mean that Nfirea's request actually led them there instead of the north where Carne village is...
I think I should stop posting and go to bed now >_>

Last edited by Namorax; 2015-08-05 at 19:14. Reason: I posted bad stuff. I'm a bad squirrel.
Old 2015-08-05, 18:35   Link #4588
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

if you are talking about the spot south-east of E-Rantei. That is the Plain where the Kingdom and Empire have their annual dustup.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2015-08-05 at 18:49.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 18:44   Link #4589
Namorax

What I wanted to point out was that the "plain" was marked on the map like a forest.
Personally, I assume that "Kattse Plains" refers to the region between the two fortresses east of E-Rantel. Otherwise, everything from the body of water in the south nex to the Dragon Duchy up to the Imperial Capital's longitude is part of the Kattse Plain.
And that area is honestly big enough to fit another country into, even if its a bit small-ish comapred to the other 3 around it.
Old 2015-08-05, 18:46   Link #4590
Schattenbach

I wonder ... what if ... that big dark section before the mountain range north to E-Rantel is actually not a forest but the Great Lake (would be a really, really big lake, though)?

Edit: Another idea ... it could also be that those "dark spots" on these maps aren#t so much forests, lakes and other places like that but rather "uncarted areas" as no one bothered to create proper maps of them yet (as it's too much of a hassle)?
Old 2015-08-05, 18:50   Link #4591
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
What I wanted to point out was that the "plain" was marked on the map like a forest.
Personally, I assume that "Kattse Plains" refers to the region between the two fortresses east of E-Rantel. Otherwise, everything from the body of water in the south nex to the Dragon Duchy up to the Imperial Capital's longitude is part of the Kattse Plain.
And that area is honestly big enough to fit another country into, even if its a bit small-ish comapred to the other 3 around it.
Doesn't work either. While Nazarick isn't inside the Forest it close enough to make both the Master of the Eastern and Western part of the Forest to band together.

few other points
- Hamsuke was the ruler of the southern part of the Tob Forest and Carne village is basically right next to it. So even i the blot SE of E-Rantei is a forest instead of a plain it would not be right forest. As the sourthern of that blot would reach all the way to the Dragon Kingdom.

- According to vol2, ch4, the distance form E-Rantei to Carne village is 1 day by horseback. So there is no chance there is enough room between E-Rantei and Carne village to fit in Nazarick

- Back in beginning of vol when Aniz sent out Sebas for some scouting. Sebas travel 1 KM surrounding the tomb and couldn't fine any habitation. So it couldn't have been that close to Carne village either. And the area was all Plain.

- Nazarick can't be west of E-Rantei becuase the Emperor in vol9 has to travel there and West of E-Rantei would be too much inside Kingdom borders.

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2015-08-05 at 19:15.
Xellos-_^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 19:17   Link #4592
Pierceboy

Quote:
The location marked in the quoted map is too far in the empire, and its also too close to the other empire-town that's connected to E-Rantel via road.
It would simply put Nazarick too far into Imperial territory. I don't know for sure, but I don't think Nazarick's location in the WN is completely different from its location in the LN... and there is no way ANY noble would be able to claim taxes from someone who lived that far in imperial territory. Another piece to keep in mind is that we have no scale. The distance between E-rantel and the southern tip of the Azellerisia mountains could be any size between 10 and 100 kilometers. This almost looks like any map an adventurer of the new world would have. For all we know this meight be exactly what it is...

Anyway, all we know for sure is that the area around E-Rantel is contested territory, and that we have no clue just how big this contested area exactly is... but I just assume it covers the whole territory between the mountains to the north and the south of E-Rantel.
I dont think the one below E-Rantel is part of Azellerisia mountains, it is just too far and if you call that part Azellerisia mountains then you might as well call E-Rantel part of Azellerisia mountains where the dwarven kingdom is located

from vol 1
Situated*on*the*border*between*the*Baharuth*Empire *and*the*Kingdom*of*Re*Estize,*to* the*south*of*the*Azellerisia*mountains,*was*a*vast *forest*called*'The*Great*Forest*of* Tove'.*On*the*outskirts*of*this*forest,*lay*the*vi llage*of*Carne.*
Pierceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 19:28   Link #4593
Schattenbach

Quote:
Doesn't work either. While Nazarick isn't inside the Forest it close enough to make both the Master of the Eastern and Western part of the Forest to band together.

few other points
- Hamsuke was the ruler of the southern part of the Tob Forest and Carne village is basically right next to it. So even i the blot SE of E-Rantei is a forest instead of a plain it would not be right forest. As the sourthern of that blot would reach all the way to the Dragon Kingdom.

- According to vol2, ch4, the distance form E-Rantei to Carne village is 1 day by horseback. So there is no chance there is enough room between E-Rantei and Carne village to fit in Nazarick

- Back in beginning of vol when Aniz sent out Sebas for some scouting. Sebas travel 1 KM surrounding the tomb and couldn't fine any habitation. So it couldn't have been that close to Carne village either. And the area was all Plain.

- Nazarick can't be west of E-Rantei becuase the Emperor in vol9 has to travel there and West of E-Rantei would be too much inside Kingdom borders.
I don't see the problem here ... and thanks, your post solved some of the scaling issues with that map ...

"The trot is a two-beat gait that has a wide variation in possible speeds, but averages about 8 miles per hour (13 km/h)" So regular travel speed should be at around that (either above or below). As horses must rest as well, they can to travel at most 80 - 160 km per day. As we know the location of Carne Village thanks to the anime, we know that the space between E-Rantel, those two dark sections (the one north to E-Rantel and the one right next to it) is extremely wide (several dozen km at least).
Old 2015-08-05, 19:28   Link #4594
Namorax

I didn't want to imply that the blob in the SE is Tobe forest or anything... just wanted to point out the map is horribly inefficient about telling us the actually important stuff.

Besides, it' not like the emperor would announce his visit to Re-Estize's king. If he travels secretly, it would be possible to travel a bit into the country.
About Sebas searching the 1km radius around Nazarick: I don't remember his exact report... only that Nazarick is situated inside a plain. doesn't mean there were no forests inside his search radius...

Why wouldn't Nazarick fit into the area North of E-Rantel? Nazarick isn't that big actually, with most of it being underground and all.
And a horse can cover quite some distance (Link).
If we use the estimated value from the link, we talk about a distance of roughly 40km, if we ride an average horse bred for travelling, without going "offroad".
If we condider possible dangers because of monsters and other unexpected things that could happen in a fantasy world, we could add +/- 5 km to that.
Compared to a distance of 35-45km, Sebas 1 km radius looks rather small, doesn't it?

@Pierceboy: Maybe, but I just try to make sense of the map somehow. You have your theories, I have mine ^^
Old 2015-08-05, 19:43   Link #4595
Schattenbach

So ... some assumptions up to this point about that area ...

... the long mountain range north to E-Rantel is the "Azellerisia mountain range"
... below it (that huge dark area along it) might possibly be the "Great Forest of Tob". As the forest is huge, it obviously also reaches into the empire's domain.
... South to the forest (the southern end of the "Great Forest of Tob". It's also the (former) domain of Hamsuke.) lies Carne Village, somewhere between the forest and a huge plain. (as seen in the anime)
... several dozen km south-east of Carne Village (beyond that plain) lies E-Rantel.
... in that huge plain (it spans several dozen km at least) between Carne Village, the Great Forest of Tob and E-Rantel is the most likely location of the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
... the border fortress next to E-Rantel is the actual part were the border starts.

Edit: corrected & added some stuff
Old 2015-08-05, 19:47   Link #4596
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
I didn't want to imply that the blob in the SE is Tobe forest or anything... just wanted to point out the map is horribly inefficient about telling us the actually important stuff.

Besides, it' not like the emperor would announce his visit to Re-Estize's king. If he travels secretly, it would be possible to travel a bit into the country.
About Sebas searching the 1km radius around Nazarick: I don't remember his exact report... only that Nazarick is situated inside a plain. doesn't mean there were no forests inside his search radius...

Why wouldn't Nazarick fit into the area North of E-Rantel? Nazarick isn't that big actually, with most of it being underground and all.
And a horse can cover quite some distance (Link).
If we use the estimated value from the link, we talk about a distance of roughly 40km, if we ride an average horse bred for travelling, without going "offroad".
If we condider possible dangers because of monsters and other unexpected things that could happen in a fantasy world, we could add +/- 5 km to that.
Compared to a distance of 35-45km, Sebas 1 km radius looks rather small, doesn't it?

@Pierceboy: Maybe, but I just try to make sense of the map somehow. You have your theories, I have mine ^^
it would be north of E-Rantei but not between E-Rantei and Carne Village/Tob Forest. You are forgetting the part were the East and West masters of the Forest discover Nazarick and view it as a threat. Nazarick needs to quite close to the Forest to be deem a threat. While most of the Nazarick is under ground. Part of it is above ground.

At the time when Nazarick appear the southern part of the forest is rule by Hamsuke. The East and West masters of the forest would not go into Hamsuke's territory. To Discover Nazarick, Nazarick needs to either east or west of the forest.

And while the Emperor can travel somewhat inside Kingdom territory . I seriously doubt he would be able to travel that far into the kingdom's border without problems if the Nazarick is West of the Forest.
Old 2015-08-05, 19:58   Link #4597
Schattenbach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schattenbach View Post
So ... some assumptions up to this point about that area ...

... the long mountain range north to E-Rantel is the "Azellerisia mountain range"
... below it (that huge dark area along it) might possibly be the "Great Forest of Tob". As the forest is huge, it obviously also reaches into the empire's domain.
... South to the forest (the southern end of the "Great Forest of Tob". It's also the (former) domain of Hamsuke.) lies Carne Village, somewhere between the forest and a huge plain. (as seen in the anime)
... several dozen km south-east of Carne Village (beyond that plain) lies E-Rantel.
... in that huge plain (it spans several dozen km at least) between Carne Village, the Great Forest of Tob and E-Rantel is the most likely location of the Great Tomb of Nazarick.
... the border fortress next to E-Rantel is the actual part were the border starts.

Edit: corrected & added some stuff
Picture about possible locations ...

Spoiler:

I think it's better to actually use some map to point out what locations one's talking about.
Old 2015-08-05, 19:59   Link #4598
Pierceboy

by the way carne village distance to nazarick is approx 10km (vol 1) and carne village is located just outside the tob forest
it is also stated in vol 1 that carne village never had problems about dangers bec of hamsuke ( then would'nt that mean carne is atleast near the eastern part of tob forest ) and the war between empire and kingdom never reached them and the closest where the war happened is in fort city E-rantel. so there is no way that carne village is east or southern part of E-Rantel and duh they wouldn't place a village as the defensive line. those fort icons are meant to form the boundary and obviously forts are meant to be place at routes

Quote:
well sorry but to me you're trying to make sense out of nonsense. by that I meant the part where the tob forest/Azellerisia mountains may extend below E-Rantel, i just cant make sense of it as it has clear division the Azellerisia mountains and mountain/forest below. the distance between the mountains above and below E-rantel should be more than 100km but lets play it safe lets make it atleast 50km but even so would you call those mountains below 50km away a member of that said group of mountains above?

furthermore that is why we are arguing/debating in the first place to make sense of the map and locate the tomb so it is given that ALL OF US is trying to make sense of it. and ofcourse we have our theories that is why we are posting it here so that we could discuss it with everybody, why would you share your theories in the first place if you do not wish to discuss it -_- that just doesnt make sense to me

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

1.) great tob forest is located border between empire and kingdom and south of Azellerisia mountains (vol 1)
2.) tob forest is stated to be north of kattse plains (wiki ), and besides kattse plains is not a territory of empire so obviously the border where the empire and kingdom intersects would be north of kattse plains and please reread number 1 as reminder
3.)dwarven kingdom is located inside Azellerisia mountains so most likely that kingdom and empire borders wont intersect in the mountanious part
4.) if you will look carefully all the wavy drawings should be sea, all the mountain drawings is well duh mountains. NOW THE SHADED PARTS ARE OBVIOUSLY FOREST and the shaded part which is more reddish than the rest of the shaded parts is kattse plains

thus in my conclusion the Nazarick is located inside the shaded part around/near the one pointed in the map of xellos. and look it is called GREAT TOB FOREST meaning it is so LARGE just like that shaded part

Last edited by Pierceboy; 2015-08-05 at 20:24.
Pierceboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 20:26   Link #4599
LystAP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierceboy View Post
by the way carne village distance to nazarick is approx 10km (vol 1) and carne village is located just outside the tob forest
it is also stated in vol 1 that carne village never had problems about dangers bec of hamsuke ( then would'nt that mean carne is atleast near the eastern part of tob forest ) and the war between empire and kingdom never reached them and the closest where the war happened is in fort city E-rantel. so there is no way that carne village is east or southern part of E-Rantel and duh they wouldn't place a village as the defensive line. those fort icons are meant to form the boundary and obviously forts are meant to be place at routes

well sorry but to me you're trying to make sense out of nonsense. by that I meant the part where the tob forest/Azellerisia mountains may extend below E-Rantel, i just cant make sense of it as it has clear division the Azellerisia mountains and mountain/forest below. the distance between the mountains above and below E-rantel should be more than 100km but lets play it safe lets make it atleast 50km but even so would you call those mountains below 50km away a member of that said group of mountains above?

furthermore that is why we are arguing/debating in the first place to make sense of the map and locate the tomb so it is given that ALL OF US is trying to make sense of it.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________________

1.) great tob forest is located border between empire and kingdom and south of Azellerisia mountains (vol 1)
2.) tob forest is stated to be north of kattse plains (wiki ), and besides kattse plains is not a territory of empire so obviously the border where the empire and kingdom intersects would be north of kattse plains and please reread number 1 as reminder
3.)dwarven kingdom is located inside Azellerisia mountains so most likely that kingdom and empire borders wont intersect in the mountanious part
4.) if you will look carefully all the wavy drawings should be sea, all the mountain drawings is well duh mountains. NOW THE SHADED PARTS ARE OBVIOUSLY FOREST and the shaded part which is more reddish than the rest of the shaded parts is kattse plains

thus in my conclusion the Nazarick is located inside the shaded part around/near the one pointed in the map of xellos. and look it is called GREAT TOB FOREST meaning it is so LARGE just like that shaded part
I wonder if the author will identify Nazarick in a updated map in later volumes as Nazarick expands outward. The map as it is, I think, is a copy of the supposedly inaccurate and insufficient map that Ainz gets from E-Rantel. It's a map that only concerns the human countries, and map-making itself doesn't seem that advanced. Maybe we'll get a proper Nazarick-influenced map later.

There's a description of it in the Volume 4 Prologue.

Last edited by LystAP; 2015-08-05 at 20:51.
LystAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-05, 20:36   Link #4600
lucaman

lol there has item that cancel passive skill immune status ainz in panic kinda funny to see.

Tags
fantasy, harem, lich, transfer to another world, world domination