AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-04-10, 10:26   Link #101
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah, so this second episode is really what the first episode should have been. It has everything our starting hero needs. A crisis, a glimpse of the hero's future, and a hint of the path he needs to walk to get there.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 11:12   Link #102
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 2

Yeah, this was indeed better. Which isn't too hard since the first one was almost pure setup anyway.

As funny as All Might's true form is though, ouch! How does that guy even eat?

Also if the preview dialogue is anything to go by then it's as I thought All Might would help Deku on his career path to Superheroship. Since he couldn't inherit his parents powers, getting All Might's is best thing he could have ask for. I guess this means that All Might himself could be retiring at soon then.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:28   Link #103
Random14

I was hoping All Might's voice might change in this true form, but the change in personality is good enough too. Not that he's a fake hero, nothing like that, just that he's less... bombastic in that form. Also a good example of what hero life can really be like.

And so now the first chapter is done, and Deku's future starts here. Though he's got one crazy rival, and a particularly powerful, considering how he accidentally set that area on fire.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 15:34   Link #104
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random14 View Post
I was hoping All Might's voice might change in this true form, but the change in personality is good enough too. Not that he's a fake hero, nothing like that, just that he's less... bombastic in that form. Also a good example of what hero life can really be like.
All Might did say in this episode that he acts the way he does in his superhero persona as a way to lie to himself and repress his fear and insecurities, so if he didn't act, talk, smile, or laugh the way he does as All Might, he wouldn't be able to do his job as a hero.

So yeah, the All Might persona is an act, but one that those a lot of good. It keeps the hero himself fighting and it inspires others (like Deku).
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 17:09   Link #105
DemonneoPT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
As funny as All Might's true form is though, ouch! How does that guy even eat?
Maybe he does not eat at all and instead he uses some sort of intravenous serum with nutrients or something. His true form design reminds me of those guys from Gorillaz
This story has the potential to become a really good battle-shonen. I'm hyped! I will probably follow the manga in the end of the anime.
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 19:11   Link #106
Irenesharda

Again a great episode.

I'm beginning to understand what people really enjoy about this series, and I'm beginning to love it too.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 19:27   Link #107
Magewolf

I liked this episode much more then the first. Mainly because Deku finally did something besides cringe. After this I feel better about show's future.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-10, 20:53   Link #108
Wandering Soul

The first chapter is done and now Deku's journey can truly start.

I'm honestly surprised that All Might can still function in the world while in his true form. He looks like he barely eats.
Old 2016-04-10, 21:24   Link #109
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
His true form design reminds me of those guys from Gorillaz
I saw this comment and had to go back and watch the video for Clint Eastwood again. Even with all the animation advancements since then, it's still a great video...
Old 2016-04-11, 03:48   Link #110
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Well, now Deku only needs to train enough to stand on equal footing with the powered guys. 100 push ups, 100 sit ups, 100 squats, and 10 km running EVERY SINGLE DAY! should be enough for a starter .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 05:46   Link #111
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 2:
Kudos to Izuku on making a gutsy move on saving his bully Katsuki! On the other hand, it's sucks that All Might can only transform into his hero form for 3 hours a day.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 08:14   Link #112
LevelSeven

wow, i didnt realize the episodes are already out,

kacchans voice is so f*cking fitting, it is a voice perfect for jerks XD

but im REALLY sad about what they did with the meeting of deku and allmight...

no idea what to think of the anime apaptation, i dont know... i will follow it but if they change it so much in the upcoming events too than i will stop watching :/

Last edited by LevelSeven; 2016-04-11 at 08:24.
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 09:18   Link #113
MCAL

1-2:
Pretty good idea to watch these episodes back to back. Definitely provided a great experience.

Next week, the training episode.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-11, 09:36   Link #114
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The final scene was very well done. Got me a bit emotional. Deku's journey truly starts now.
Old 2016-04-11, 13:26   Link #115
Yamada II

Episode2

The first episode wasn't that special – it showed potential but wasn't that good apart from the comedy. This episode was much better.

I thought All Might being a skinny man would be used to encourage Midoriya, but they used it to further discourage him. All Might told the kid to face reality – being a hero isn't something everyone can do. He told him that it would be pretty much impossible for him to become a hero without a quirk so he might as well become a policeman or something. After getting hit with the harsh truth by a doctor, and then getting discouraged by his mother and getting looked down on by his childhood friend, he is now further discouraged by his favorite hero.

The slime monster escapes and takes fire boy hostage. All Might can't fight because he has a limit as to how long he can be in his muscular form because of an injury. Midoriya acts on impulse and runs towards the slime monster to try and save fire boy. All Might sees that a loser like Midoriya with no quirk is doing what he should be doing. And that makes All Might enter his muscular form and go and save the kid.

All Might then tells Midoriya that he has what it takes to be a hero. After being discouraged by basically everyone, this is the first time someone told him not to give up hope. He wanted at least his mother to say some words of encouragement even if she couldn't do anything – just telling a kid that it'll all he alright is sometimes more than enough. Midoriya didn't even get that which is why this made him cry. That was quick the scene.

Now Midoriya will start some physical training under All Might. This is getting better now.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-12, 07:52   Link #116
Cerilla

And there you have it, the entire first chapter adapted. Everyone working on this sure give it a lot of care to this, it really show. The last scene isn't really like what I imaged when I read it (I imagined it as more intense scene), but the more low key feel of it worked well too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post
no idea what to think of the anime apaptation, i dont know... i will follow it but if they change it so much in the upcoming events too than i will stop watching :/
Change is not inherently bad, you know. I think the change is for the better. I particularly like the addition to the scene before Deku is charging in.
Old 2016-04-13, 04:35   Link #117
ranchan13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinsI View Post
I wonder why no one told the bully that he is not a Hero material, but a perfect Villain candidate...
That was my first impression when I read the manga
Spoiler:

it was nice, however, that the first chapter was split into 2 parts. I see people complaining that the first episode was weak. Actually, it was quite well done, and made it clear just how far from his goal Midoriya is. One of the biggest complaints about the manga has been pacing. And to be completely honest, trying to keep the entire first chapter to 1 episode would have required a lot of glossed over information.

Pay close attention to Deku's personality in the first episode. He is obsessed with Heroes. He could probably tell you how to beat each and every one of them, simply by fan-boying. It's obvious he's incredibly intelligent. However, he's normal guy on Hero planet. He's weak, he can only dream, but he wants that dream more than anything else. He has NO ONE who believes in him, because of the way the world is.

Anyway
Preview after episode 2 gave a glimpse of Iida and Ochako
Waiting for Tsuyu to make her appearance though. Can't wait to see my Frog girl portrayed.
Integrated
Artificial
Lifeform

Last edited by ranchan13; 2016-04-13 at 04:46.
ranchan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 08:48   Link #118
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I disagree about it being well done. The first episode was half an episode. It's as simple as that. There was no direction as to where the story was going. That only came with the second one.
Old 2016-04-13, 09:32   Link #119
DemonneoPT

It saddens me seeing that some people prefer rushed adaptations instead of proper world and character building. Plus, it was very clear to me as to where the story was going by just seeing the first episode. The main protagonist met his childhood hero and said his life would be forever changed because of said meeting even tho he had no powers. With this story being a battle shonen it's easy to figure out what's going to happen next..lol. I guess that a 45 minute episode like Re:Zero did would be the ideal debut but since that was not possible, i'm happy the studio chose to not rush and not making a total mess with this title!
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-13, 09:57   Link #120
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DemonneoPT View Post
It saddens me seeing that some people prefer rushed adaptations instead of proper world and character building.
Please don't make up what people are thinking when they say things. No one is calling for rushed adaptations. At the very least, not me. I'm just saying that the first episode is half an episode. It's like, build up, build up, build up, and then.... nothing.

And unlike some people, I don't like to use genre savviness to infer things. Forcing your consumer to be 'clever' and read your mind is lazy storytelling. If a work does not outright hint something, it's not there.

I'm not calling for people to compress two episodes into one. I'm calling for people to put the important things in the first episode.

There are several known storytelling techniques to do such a thing without "compressing" the story. In Medias Res comes to mind.

Tags
shonen, super hero, super powers