AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-08-24, 00:12   Link #18861
CanadaAotS
Manly Picnic

Send a message via MSN to CanadaAotS
Quote:
Originally Posted by scify View Post
Late, I know...

So... Schrodinger's Shoes?
Until we actually check, we don't know if they're in their rightful place or in Kyonko's hands... thus they exist in two places at once!

Ah ha, Sound Around. I'm actually vaguely remember that part now. It's been awhile since I "watched" it... OH GOD THAT SONG IS PLAYING IN MY HEAD NOW. Also, Haru-Haru

Edit:
Kyon: Ehhh, Haru-Haru? Something the matter Haru-Haru? Well Haru-Haru?
Haruhi: Bastard!
Itsuki: You can call me Iichan.
Kyon: I didn't ask you!
Yuki: Yuki-rin...
Kyon: D-Did you say something Nagato?
Yuki: No...
CanadaAotS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:27   Link #18862
scify
Sometimes minor editor

Send a message via MSN to scify
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
The shoes are in a state that is neither living nor dead?
Rather, we don't know if they're the correct shoes until they're taken out of the locker and the waveform her statement created is collapsed.
Shadow takes all.
scify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:32   Link #18863
Heatth

Send a message via MSN to Heatth
Actually, they are always on Kyonko's hand. If you chose to talk to Itsuko, you found your shoes are missing (cause Kyonko has gone with then already). That is why Haruhi comment Kyon's (visitors) slippers.

(Ugh, I should be sleeping already)
Heatth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:32   Link #18864
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heatth View Post
I also feel it a bit odd (though I forgot to comment, what a shame!). The main problem is I related it with Taniguchi rating system (probably because he used it for Itsuko), with gave me, at first, the oposite impression you wanted.
That's actually exactly how I took it... and it fitted really well for me.

And, personally, I felt that Taniguchi's "Class A" is what Kyon would think of Kyonko. I felt that Kyonko would look too normal in order for Kyon to give her an A+ or higher... but that the pony tail alone would probably get her a Class A for him.
Old 2009-08-24, 00:40   Link #18865
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
That's actually exactly how I took it... and it fitted really well for me.

And, personally, I felt that Taniguchi's "Class A" is what Kyon would think of Kyonko. I felt that Kyonko would look too normal in order for Kyon to give her an A+ or higher... but that the pony tail alone would probably get her a Class A for him.
I have to agree here. Looking for that angle, it is missing a line (or lines) of he commenting her pony tail.

It is still the opposite feeling Kaisos was trying to pass, however. Girl A in a movie =/= Girl A in Taniguchi's rating. She could be both, though. A girl ordinary enough to having only secundary roles, but who is cute enough to please Kyon. (Taniguchi wouldn't be so generous, however, a 'C', maybe)
Old 2009-08-24, 00:43   Link #18866
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Kyon did mention the ponytail, though. Specifically that it's about the only thing that stands out about her.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:43   Link #18867
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
If you were to give her a role in a movie, she'd be cast as Girl A.
I was about to reply with "Not Legendary Girl A?", but then there was the explaining post.

Curse my timezone...
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:44   Link #18868
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I have to agree here. Looking for that angle, it is missing a line (or lines) of he commenting her pony tail.
Kogetsu addressed this.

Quote:

It is still the opposite feeling Kaisos was trying to pass, however. Girl A in a movie =/= Girl A in Taniguchi's rating. She could be both, though. A girl ordinary enough to having only secundary roles, but who is cute enough to please Kyon. (Taniguchi wouldn't be so generous, however, a 'C', maybe)
Yeah, she could be both, as you said. And Taniguchi's taste in girls may differ a bit from Kyon's... there's a lot of overlap there, of course (both think highly of Asakura and Mikuru's appearances, for example), but Taniguchi may not share Kyon's taste in hairstyles for girls, for example (not that I know for certain - I haven't read all the available novels yet).
Old 2009-08-24, 00:51   Link #18869
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Well, Kyon could mention Kyonko as a "Legendary" Girl A...

But it's too early for that...

EDIT: ninja'd
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 00:51   Link #18870
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

*e* Not sure what the point was...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
Old 2009-08-24, 00:56   Link #18871
Heatth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
Kyon did mention the ponytail, though. Specifically that it's about the only thing that stands out about her.
I was saying about he being a little more lemony about it. However, rereading the chapter one of Melancholy, he wasn't like that to Haruhi's ponytail, complimenting her in a subtle way. Yeah, I guess if he mention the ponytail every time he see her it will be good enough

Quote:
Yeah, she could be both, as you said. And Taniguchi's taste in girls may differ a bit from Kyon's... there's a lot of overlap there, of course (both think highly of Asakura and Mikuru's appearances, for example), but Taniguchi may not share Kyon's taste in hairstyles for girls, for example (not that I know for certain - I haven't read all the available novels yet).
Kyonko is more or less ordinary. Yeah, she is insanally moe, but so is Kyon (acordly to [korean]fangirls, at last). The point is, in-universe no one should pay much attention on her for her appearance. But Taniguchi did gave a A- to Yuki, so he may be fond of Kyonko as well. Actually, he is, I've forgot this scene. At last Kunikida only paid attention on Itsuko.

Also, funny how Kyon called Kyonko as 'Girl A', while Kyonko called Taniguchi Boy A.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:02   Link #18872
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
*e* Not sure what the point was...
If it was the "legendary" thing:

Lucky Star ref...

Konata was referred to as "Legendary Girl A" by Meito Anizawa and his fellow workers at the video store Konata frequented... and they always fail at getting a purchase from her.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:06   Link #18873
Heatth

I agree with the Luck*Star shout out. Itsuki can use it, if Kyon have commented about her before.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:12   Link #18874
Triple_R
*Author

Quote:
I was saying about he being a little more lemony about it. However, rereading the chapter one of Melancholy, he wasn't like that to Haruhi's ponytail, complimenting her in a subtle way. Yeah, I guess if he mention the ponytail every time he see her it will be good enough

Kyonko is more or less ordinary. Yeah, she is insanally moe, but so is Kyon (acordly to [korean]fangirls, at last). The point is, in-universe no one should pay much attention on her for her appearance. But Taniguchi did gave a A- to Yuki, so he may be fond of Kyonko as well. Actually, he is, I've forgot this scene. At last Kunikida only paid attention on Itsuko.

Also, funny how Kyon called Kyonko as 'Girl A', while Kyonko called Taniguchi Boy A.
Thanks for that.

I actually felt bad for Taniguchi in that scene. Kyonko was harsh to him, especially in one particular reply.

The dialogue was good, though, particularly for Taniguchi and Kunikida. Like Kyonko herself said, though, it was surprising to see Itsuko be so ineffectual at handling the two guys there.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:16   Link #18875
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Re-reading that scene made me realize that at no time did any of the guys notice that the girls were wearing the female uniform from their school...

...especially with Taniguichi asking them what school do they go to!
Old 2009-08-24, 01:17   Link #18876
Heatth

Quote:
Thanks for that.

I actually felt bad for Taniguchi in that scene. Kyonko was harsh to him, especially in one particular reply.

The dialogue was good, though, particularly for Taniguchi and Kunikida. Like Kyonko herself said, though, it was surprising to see Itsuko be so ineffectual at handling the two guys there.
Heh, the D rank thing was a little cruel. He was being very annoying, however. They kinda deserved that.

PP:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Re-reading that scene made me realize that at no time did any of the guys notice that the girls were wearing the female uniform from their school...
Taniguchi memorized every A rank girl from the first year. And he knews they are first year by their shoes. They probably thought they were transfered students or something similar (Kyon thought the same about "Yamada"). A line explaning that might be cool though, but don't know if is really necessery.
Old 2009-08-24, 01:21   Link #18877
vivify93

Send a message via MSN to vivify93
Quote:
Originally Posted by wittyusername
Well, what you do is, you buy a camera. Preferably one of the giant, ancient variety. The clunkier the better.

Then, find Aya Hirano and chuck it at her. But make sure she's not pretending to drive a car, because it's likely that she'll be wearing a helmet.

VIOLENCE CAN TOTALLY SOLVE EVERYTHING SHUT UP
Yes. Yes, it can.

That sounds like a brilliant plan, actually. *goes off to do so*
Old 2009-08-24, 01:46   Link #18878
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
If it was the "legendary" thing
I was referring to my post before I edited it, actually.

*e* Come to think of it, Heatth pretty much said what was in the post. (about Taniguchi's rating of Nagato being A-, and that Kyonko would probably be the same.) It seems I'm a bit off with my timing tonight...

*e2* And what violence can't solve can be solved with alcohol!
WARNING: Do not take this message as advice. Consuming alcohol is more likely to cause problems than solve them. Listening to Kogetsu Shirogane may be hazardous to your health.

Last edited by Kogetsu Shirogane; 2009-08-24 at 02:21.
Old 2009-08-24, 02:08   Link #18879
besieger
Fabulous Shadowy Advisor

Sounds like everyone is raging against Hirano the Japanese pop culture.

Now if we can channel that rage into something useful for the VN...
besieger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-24, 04:54   Link #18880
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Okay, I was wrong, THIS is the shortest scene ever.

Spoiler for September the Fifth, Day 4: Classroom- Someone's Watching:

Ara ara~.

Please consider this one update... sorry about this, guys.

Day 4 really is boring...
On the contrary, I am finding the Kyon-interactions to be highly amusing. ^^
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan