AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 20:01   Link #441
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightMusicBand View Post
ohhh, i see. well, i guess there's no other choice then. (really! d'addario for $3.50! but i don't live in the states, so yeah, amazon is not for me. really, free shipping? how bout in the Phils.?)

but d'addario here costs about 350 Php (about $6-7, maybe because we import it, or too much tax from the gov't. i can't stick it to the man!). and that is a huge amount compared to my allowance (too little to show). o well. (and plus my hands sweat easily, so strings start to rust about a week or so).

do you have any more 'less costly' suggestions? (not compensating quality of course). thanks.

and please answer that "amazon free shipping d'addario for $3.50". but i don't think it's accesible here in the Phils. though....

thanks guys.....
Oh...you're right, of course. I didn't think about that. I checked into it, and, unfortunately, that vendor doesn't ship outside the US.
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 04:27   Link #442
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Hey, Im going to buy some new strings soon, If ya want I can just send you some lol I haven't changed my strings in 5 months!!!!

Guitar Center Shopping list

2x boxs of d'addario (dont worry ill pay for shipping if any, I forgot what Shipping company ships free if it fits in a box one for LMB)
Piano Stand
wow, really? gee, thanks, but, it's too embarrassing, and i don't want to bother you with it. (halfway around the world for guitar strings). but thank you for the concern.

oh yeah, that's one big keyboard you have there. it's probably a pain carrying it around. so you play the keyboard? (i own a 76-key keyboard myself, but i forgot the brand, it's not a popular brand, and i didn't really excel on the keyboard).
Old 2011-01-16, 22:24   Link #443
Prince Kuku

Hey LightMusicBand, so you're from Phil . I guess gotta ask you, are you the one who changes the string or you gotta go to the store ? . Well I haven't changed my strings for a years now . My electric guitar is Gtx its not a brand guitar but thats the only thing I have so I want to change a string to make a change of it .

And about the D'Addario stuff you were taliking about do we have here in the Phil ?
Prince Kuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 04:09   Link #444
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

^Years??? , okay you need to change your strings, they must be rusty and dirty by now and chances are "sounds bad" change them ASAP

I'm thinking about getting D'Addario regular .010- .046 or maybe even .012 - .060 heavy strings

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-01-17 at 15:30.
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 10:21   Link #445
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

^ yes, strings should be changed every 6 months at the latest; I change mine every 3 months (along with giving it a cleaning and a fretboard wax). D'Addario is pretty common, so if you have a music store around, they'll probably have them. Of course, it's always good to try a whole range of strings to find your favourite; everyone is different
Old 2011-01-17, 10:29   Link #446
klowny
OH NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyz723 View Post
Okay, so, after quite a bit of research, from what I can tell, Mio's Bass amp is a Fender Frontman 60B. I've looked around, and I cant seem to find one, if anybody knows of any shops on the interwebs that still has these, and can link me to one, I will give you 1000 internets ^^
You can try eBay, i found one but not sure if this is the one you want
klowny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 23:02   Link #447
Prince Kuku

Quote:
they must be rusty and dirty by now and chances are "sounds bad"
Actually they're not rusty, sounds bad not really. Maybe I really dont use it everyday for 5 hrs. Only the screws got rusty.

Quote:
.010- .046 or maybe even .012 - .060 heavy strings
So there's a different types of strings there . Don't know what am I going to buy . Help here.
Old 2011-01-18, 02:24   Link #448
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince Kuku View Post
Hey LightMusicBand, so you're from Phil . I guess gotta ask you, are you the one who changes the string or you gotta go to the store ? . Well I haven't changed my strings for a years now . My electric guitar is Gtx its not a brand guitar but thats the only thing I have so I want to change a string to make a change of it .

And about the D'Addario stuff you were taliking about do we have here in the Phil ?
so you're from the Philippines also? small world, isn't it?.

i change my own strings actually. it's fairly simple when you get the hang of it. just go to youtube for some tutorials if you're not sure of what you should be doing. (that's how i learned, and o yeah, lots of practice, because no one is around to teach me how to, i'm like the only one in my neighborhood who knows about electric guitars). but if you think you still can't do it, you can go to an instrument shop and let them change the strings. (of course, that will cost you pretty much, with the strings and the service fee, and money is something i have in small quantities at time, hehehe).

yes we do have D'Addario here in the Phils. i think it cost around 325-350 Php here. (ouch). but from second hand info, i can say they are really good quality strings. (i haven't really tried that particular string set, i'm not willing to spend that much money for something that i can only use for about 3 months tops.). you can buy D'Addario on music stores like Lazer, (which i reccomend) RJ (i don't really know about this), Lyrics (i think they have them, but try on Lazer first, that's where i get my strings) etc. hope this helps
(btw, i haven't changed my strings yet, still missing 2 strings that me and my brother snapped, i hope i get more funds soon, i miss my LP).

oh yeah, may i ask, where did you buy your Gtx? what brand? how much? that's a really nice guitar.
Old 2011-01-18, 03:37   Link #449
Prince Kuku

Quote:
so you're from the Philippines also? small world, isn't it?.
Small if you think of it, haha . Well jsut accidentally red some of your conversation with someone , and whaddup .

Quote:
i change my own strings actually. it's fairly simple when you get the hang of it. just go to youtube for some tutorials if you're not sure of what you should be doing. (that's how i learned, and o yeah, lots of practice, because no one is around to teach me how to, i'm like the only one in my neighborhood who knows about electric guitars). but if you think you still can't do it, you can go to an instrument shop and let them change the strings. (of course, that will cost you pretty much, with the strings and the service fee, and money is something i have in small quantities at time, hehehe).
I'm gonna check that out. If it will cost me a thousand then for g' sake I'm just gonna call somebody in my neighborhood to do it it might be for free or just to pay their food . (clever )

Quote:
oh yeah, may i ask, where did you buy your Gtx? what brand? how much? that's a really nice guitar.
Brand?, Isn't it Gtx ? If not gotta check of it . (what in the world am I hahah). I bought it at North Edsa and it cost me around 2k because at that time they were sale . Yah I guess its nice, even though I haven't use it for a long long time.
Old 2011-01-18, 12:44   Link #450
trenton_dawn
Silt

Quote:
Brand?, Isn't it Gtx ? If not gotta check of it . (what in the world am I hahah). I bought it at North Edsa and it cost me around 2k because at that time they were sale . Yah I guess its nice, even though I haven't use it for a long long time.
I think he meant to say "what model".
trenton_dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 19:49   Link #451
Prince Kuku

Quote:
I think he meant to say "what model".
Oops, . Electric Guitar .
Old 2011-01-18, 21:10   Link #452
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I think by "model" he meant the make.

For instance, Gibson is the company, Les Paul Custom is the model. Fender is the company, American Standard Stratocaster is the model.
Old 2011-01-18, 21:29   Link #453
Prince Kuku

I don't think its a known brand, but in some sort it looks like a copy of Squier Mini or Jay Turser JT-30, something like that.

Last edited by Prince Kuku; 2011-01-19 at 03:31.
Old 2011-01-19, 04:30   Link #454
LightMusicBand
To the salt mines

Quote:
I'm gonna check that out. If it will cost me a thousand then for g' sake I'm just gonna call somebody in my neighborhood to do it it might be for free or just to pay their food . (clever )

oh, that's a good idea. letting someone do something for you by bribing them with snacks and sweets. who says you can't learn anything on television? actually i did this a well, when my strings was changed for the first time. a couple of snacks and SOLB. (but that was my friend, he would be happy to help me).

oh yeah, i think the cost for restringing is around 50-75 Php per string. (in lazer). neee, i'm not willing to spend that kind of money. the cost for the strings are not included, and if you add the cost of the strings to the service fee, you get, uhmm, an awfully big price. (too lazy to compute, hehehe).

so, found an D'Addario yet? how much is it there? (but if not, i would also reccomend you on Rotosound strings. British quality, really good, at least that's what i've heard).

yeah, don't worry if it's not branded or not. there's no law against that. (yet, i think). (actually mine's not branded also, but seems really good and sounds just fine).

good luck....
Old 2011-01-19, 19:54   Link #455
Prince Kuku

Quote:
so, found an D'Addario yet? how much is it there? (but if not, i would also reccomend you on Rotosound strings. British quality, really good, at least that's what i've heard).
Not yet, I'm planning to go in the store at weekends, I'm not in the mood in weekdays. .

Quote:
good luck....
Thanks
Old 2011-01-30, 23:15   Link #456
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

sorry but I posted this in The Q&A but i dont think anyone saw it soo..

What Year Is Yui's Gibson Les Paul?

After doing research it should be the 1960 model

Last edited by Afternoon Tea; 2011-01-31 at 00:01.
Old 2011-02-26, 08:04   Link #457
bokchoy

What's your view on this guitar? http://en.item.rakuten.com/ishibashi..._browsehist_en I was going to get it
And these headphones? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...RD1RKKKYWQRMD6

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

bokchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 08:22   Link #458
bokchoy

How many keys did Minako's keyboard have in the live events?

-Tsumugi Kotobuki (K-On! Episode 7)

bokchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-27, 16:11   Link #459
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
How many keys did Minako's keyboard have in the live events?
she had a Korg Triton Extreme 76 keys
Old 2011-02-27, 23:21   Link #460
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokchoy View Post
What's your view on this guitar? http://en.item.rakuten.com/ishibashi..._browsehist_en I was going to get it
And these headphones? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...RD1RKKKYWQRMD6
That guitar seemed suspiciously cheap for a Fender Mustang; it also has a golden logo instead of the regular black. Maybe it's a special K-ON edition or something. If you're not insanely tight on money, I'd recommend buying a Mustang directly through the Fender website for authenticity.

As for the headphones, that's about how much I paid for mine; they're quite good headphones if you're going to be focusing on jazz and classical music, and it's decently good for rock. If you want them simply because they're K-ON! related, then by all means go for it. If you're wanting them for audio quality, I'd use the same amount of money on a better set; one that's designed for your genres of music.