AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2009-09-19, 13:00   Link #141
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

start menu -> run -> type in cmd -> press enter -> in the black box type mkvextract chapters "X:/folder/filename.mkv" "Y:/otherfolder/chapters.xml" and hit enter
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2009-09-21, 00:55   Link #142
aX!

Send a message via MSN to aX!
that was easy, thanks a lot, guys =)
Old 2009-09-27, 09:30   Link #143
Jedai

Thumbs up

How to get a pretty recent mplayer with ordered chapter support and vdpau or ffmpeg-mt :

$ git clone git://repo.or.cz/mplayer-build.git
$ cd mplayer-build
$ ./enable-mt # for ffmpeg-mt, probably not useful if you can use vdpau, ffmpeg is more stable
$ ./init --shallow
$ make -j 5

And you'll have a pretty sweet build of mplayer with most of the recent goodies AND support of ordered chapters.
Don't forget to install nvidia-180-libvdpau-dev (on Ubuntu, or equivalent on your system) and all the necessary building tools (installing yasm is also a good idea).

--
Jedaļ

Last edited by Jedai; 2009-09-27 at 13:18. Reason: corrected one of the command
Old 2009-10-26, 09:48   Link #144
HolgerE

Hi I can't ses the op and ed, I can only hear them. I'am using windows 7 with wmp 12 and cccp

Heres pic of how it looks.

http://i37.tinypic.com/33nb6og.png

http://i36.tinypic.com/2yjvgif.jpg

Last edited by HolgerE; 2009-10-26 at 17:33.
Old 2009-11-09, 14:22   Link #145
rezzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by prnoct90 View Post
any Mac solution?
Use this mplayer binaries with your MPlayerOSX Extended:
http://code.google.com/p/mplayerosx-builds/

Work like a charm.
Old 2009-11-13, 23:37   Link #146
Kitaeryu

I was just wondering about this. How would I burn files which are in ordered chapters onto a DVD to play on a dvd player? Is it possible to convert them and would they still work? Or would converting them cause it to become un-ordered chapters?

Thanks.
Old 2009-12-24, 06:39   Link #147
chrislongden3

I have downloaded a batch torrent from "The Subbers in the Rye" of Death Note, and it has seperate OP and ED files which automatically play at the start and end of each episode. However, in each episode, while I can see the OP and ED, the sound is distorted and I only hear a random series of high pitched clicks and beeps.

I know the files themselves are not broken, as if I try to watch the OP or ED on their own, they work fine in video and audio.

Windows XP
Media Player Classic (CCCP)

Can anyone help me fix this. I can easily provide more information if it is needed.

Last edited by chrislongden3; 2009-12-24 at 06:47. Reason: add info
Old 2010-01-03, 22:45   Link #148
NobeyamaGP

I've been experimenting with the git repo of mplayer mentioned here and after sorting out some issue getting it to compile properly, I ran into some glaring issues with playback.

First of all, this version *does* load ordered chapters as needed. However, the sub timing and A/V sync are completely off.

In the episode I tested (Underwater's version of the DVD version of Strike Witches episode 1), there is an introduction followed by the opening then the episode begins (the same file as the introduction). The introduction has perfect A/V sync and the subs show up right on time. When the OP begins and it switches to the OP file, it seems that the first second or so is cut from the video but the audio starts from the beginning, putting the audio behind the video. The audio then cuts out before it ends when the end of the OP video is reached and mplayer loads the episode again. Also, right before the end of the OP, the first line of subs arrive and the video cuts back to the episode as soon as the second line of subs appears. The same A/V sync and sub timing issues appear all over again with the return to the first episode's file. I also tested this on the THORA release of Bakemonogatari and the exact same things happened.

This occurs with XV as well as vdpau and happens with both smplayer and the mplayer command line.

I am running an up to date 64bit version of Arch Linux.

Has anyone else seen these problems? Unless I can get these fixed I'll be using vanilla mplayer and just continue to do without ordered chapters...
Old 2010-02-09, 12:56   Link #149
melon

I have a feeling I'm not going to get much of a response, but I'll ask anyway...

How does one add a subtitle track with GDSMux? Is it even possible?

I'm trying to add an .ass file to a mkv which has ordered chapters, as stated in the first post, remuxing kills the ordered chapters unless you use GDSMux but I see no way to add subtitles or any kind of track.

"Add source" doesn't work with subtitles and there's "Add attachment" but subtitles aren't attachments. I've even tried as a last resort using mkvmerge to create a mkv file (as that can add tracks) then re-remuxing with GDSMux using the original file's segment UID, but order chapters still don't work.

Am I out of luck or am I missing something obvious?

Thanks for any help.
Old 2010-02-11, 04:59   Link #150
TheFluff

you won't have any dshow source filters for .ass files, so you can't do it that way. instead, mux the subtitles file to mkv with mkvmerge and then add it as a source that way.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2010-02-11, 10:38   Link #151
melon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
... mux the subtitles file to mkv with mkvmerge and then add it as a source that way.
As mentioned in my previous post, I've already tried that but it still doesn't work.

I've checked the resulting file and the segment UID is definitely correct, i.e. it's the same as the original mkv, however ordered chapters don't work for it. Looking at the mkvinfo output of the original and the remuxed mkvmerge > GDSMux mkvs, both of the core tracks/attachments are identical so I have no idea why it's not working. The only difference I've made is that I've added an extra subtitle track so now there are 2 subtitle tracks along with the usual video and audio (4 tracks in total).

I can only assume that it's either a bug or limitation of ordered chapters/Haali Media Splitter? As using 3 tracks (replacing the original subtitle track instead of adding) works fine.
Old 2010-02-12, 10:02   Link #152
gugumomu
the hedgehog

as far as i remember reading about ordered chapters, you need to have the same tracks in all the segments. insert the same .ass file (but without any dialogue ) in the other segments. i dont have now time to verify if it really works this way, so it's just a guess.
Old 2010-02-12, 15:43   Link #153
melon

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by gugumomu View Post
as far as i remember reading about ordered chapters, you need to have the same tracks in all the segments. insert the same .ass file (but without any dialogue ) in the other segments. i dont have now time to verify if it really works this way, so it's just a guess.
Ah christ, it worked, thanks a lot!

I've been perplexed and pulling my hair out for the past few days because I could not understand why it wasn't working. In the end, I actually just extracted the same dialogue-less .ass file that was in the other segments and readded them.

Just a note for anyone else trying the same thing, contrary to TheFluff's first post, you don't have to use GDSMux, mkvmerge (I'm currently using v3.1.0) works fine, in fact I find it better as you can add tracks and don't have to reload a xml chapter file. Just set the segment UID in the Global tab to same as the original mkv file.

Also with AVI-Mux GUI, you can view the same file information that mkvinfo spits out, but without the hassle of using command line. Just load the file, right click it and select "Information about file", you can then use the "Save" button to save that information as a text file.

Thanks again gugumomu!

Last edited by melon; 2010-02-12 at 20:39.
Old 2010-02-16, 11:58   Link #154
TheFluff

That option (segment UID in the global tab) didn't exist when I wrote the OP; it was added fairly recently.

Old 2010-04-06, 06:54   Link #155
FehnrirX

Hi. I,ve done everything on page 1. But somehow it didn't work well...

1. My anime is Inuyasha kanketsu-Hen from kanketsu fansub. I create myself the chapter since the subber didn't use it. i use mkvmerge.

2. I split the episode so i have 3 seperate file : Opening, Episode, Ending

3. Since i prefer the Opening and Ending from Taka fansub, i decide to change it.

4. I take the OP, ED ( Taka ), and episode ( Kanketsu ) Segment UID.

5. I place the OP UID on previous Segment, ED UID on Next Segment like this

6. this is the chapter file

7. Once i muxed it, i play it, but somehow, the time line just showed the op timeline and can't select the next chapter. And once the op finish, the time bar restart again and now play the episode part, the chapter file is begin works from here. and after the timeline is finish, restart again and ED is played.

8. i tried use the kanketsu OP and ED, but still same...
OP (1:34) -> After Finish -> Episode (20:19) -> After Finish -> Ending (1:30)

9. Then i tried the link method from mkvmerge, and somehow, it's works, just for the op part only and not working for another episode.

The result I want is like Chihiro Fansubs ( Asura Cryin ), where OP and ED is separate, but timeline is still the total from begining to end.
so my question is

1. Is there something wrong with the GDSMux settings up there?

2. Is there any other linking method? Since there is some like " Edition " on xml file? Is it connected with it?

3. Is it correct to separate the file first then mux it?

4. Is my post to long?

Thx b4...

Last edited by FehnrirX; 2010-04-06 at 08:46.
Old 2010-04-18, 02:12   Link #156
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

After seeing that someone had problems with FLAC in Matroska with ordered chapters (segment linking) on CCCP's support channel, and that I happened to meet this problem myself as well when creating such files -- I'll just tell you this small General Public Announcement (since people still seem to be producing files that have problems in certain cases):

Please, pretty please -- do make sure your audio stream has IDR'ish audio frames' borders set on the chapter points. This doesn't actually limit itself to FLAC, but lossless audio formats overall seem to have longer frame lengths, which makes the end results be quite audible.

You will not lose quality or any audio if you do this right. You might lose some compression because of the possible 'extra' audio frame made, but this shouldn't concern you that much as the loss is very, very small. Also, making files that play correctly on most players without using any hacks or workflow that might worsen quality is IMHO the easier way to go here -- even if this might feel like a problem that's either related to FLAC-in-Matroska or the Haali's splitter (I will have to question the latter person on this some day).

Otherwise, if you do not heed this warning, you will have the probability of actually creating a file that not only might have:
  • A/V desynch after the first 'comeback' from a linked segment on certain decoders (ffdshow's FLAC decoder sure has this -- granted, this can be fixed with just switching to the MPC-HC's internal decoder, but that one definitely has its own problems which make it impossible to recommend as a solution).
  • Audio and video coming out of the wrong side of the segment link for as much as the audio frame. A Haali splitter's "feature", you will get the video and audio played from the other side of the segment link as the audio frames go. This might go unnoticed depending on the content, but it surely is there.

How to not fail:
  1. Encode your video with IDR frames on the chapter points frame-wise, Matroska output recommended.
  2. mkvinfo -s encode.mkv | grep I > IDRframes.txt (Outputs filtered mkvinfo's output of all IDR frames in the Matroska file; get grep for windows from, say, Nicholi's Msys/Mingw package if you don't have it in your path already)
  3. AvsP's time output on the frames might be flaky, so get your frames' real timecodes in the Matroska file from the IDRframes.txt file.
  4. Use the timecodes in the chapter xml file.
  5. Encode the audio either per-trim from Avisynth and cat with mkvmerge -- or insert audio frames' borders on those spots, if possible, from the FLAC command line encoder. You can mux the audio stream into matroska to check it for sure by using the same technique as used with getting the video stream's IDR frames.
  6. Mux video, audio and chapters
  7. ???
  8. Profit!
Personally I was lazy and encoded audio in parts and then stitched it up. Worked in mplayer and the usual DirectShow suspects, but might theoretically break, as the mkvmerge's output will tell you. Also fixes the a/v desynch in ffdshow as well as the other problem mentioned.
Old 2010-05-16, 00:33   Link #157
Orochi^
未来

Thank you a lot, JEEB. I was experiencing some problems with segmented op starting before the intro part was finished, even using IDR frames on those. It turned out to be an audio problem. I used to trim the audio with Adobe Audition. Trimming it with AviSynth solved everything.

Thank you for the lead ;]

Just a tip for Windows users:
Code:
mkvinfo.exe -s  filename.mkv | find "I" > IDRframes.txt
works just as fine as grep (and that'd avoid having to install it)

Last edited by Orochi^; 2010-05-16 at 15:35. Reason: Adding stuff
Old 2010-06-10, 17:44   Link #158
tefalo

Hai guys~~

I'm fairly new to encoding and am failing a little here and there, but I think I've gotten encoding and segment linking to work as it should (who knows if this abomination is working when linking on frames with minor movement...). Having some problems with audio though.
Checking with mkvinfo -s, I can see that the (flac) audio doesn't have an I frame(?) on my next segment start, and I don't know how to fix it. I tried "Encode the audio [either] per-trim from Avisynth and cat with mkvmerge" like this: cut out the audio with the same trim values as the video using behappy, and then encode to flac. Then mkvmerge cat 1.flac 2.flac > woohoo.flac ... well, the resulting file is 9kB, so I'm doing it wrong. (The audio file I first made was made using behappy and trim(episode frames)+trim(preview frames).)
Just to clarify, this is the audio file for episode+preview in one file, and inserting the ending inbetween.

By the way, what time should i put in ChapterTimeEnd? Last frame start + ~41.7ms?

And lastly, is it even wise to attempt segment linking during ongoing audio? I'm getting a slight skip on opening -> episode jump, but I could be doing something wrong as usual, like having odd time codes in the chapter file.
Old 2010-06-11, 06:01   Link #159
Daiz
Pioneer in Fansub 2.0

Look at couple posts above you. JEEB's post in particular.
Old 2010-06-13, 07:36   Link #160
tefalo

Well, that's what i did. But I seem to fail too much to comprehend it in it's entirety.

Tags
mkv, ordered chapters, wiki candidate