AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2010-05-14, 16:19   Link #1361
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well thanks to the spoilerific OP, you know she'll be sticking around.

& a little bonus.

awe that super cute cant wait to see more of her. Yea the OP is really spoilerish some im treading lightly with all the spoiler taps i see floating around.
Old 2010-05-14, 17:45   Link #1362
amjzz

So...fairy tail anime may end early?.

Spoiler for speculation/manga spoilers:
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 17:59   Link #1363
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
So...fairy tail anime may end early?.

Spoiler for speculation/manga spoilers:
Not necessarily.

Spoiler for character speculation:

________
Uhwh warehouse

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:24.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 18:12   Link #1364
amjzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Not necessarily.

Spoiler for character speculation:
Spoiler for spoiler about the end of the next arcs:
Old 2010-05-14, 18:18   Link #1365
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amjzz View Post
Spoiler for spoiler about the end of the next arcs:
Spoiler for spoiler about the end of the next arcs and manga aspects:

________
How to make homemade vaporizer

Last edited by Rennir; 2011-04-19 at 05:24.
Rennir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-14, 18:27   Link #1366
amjzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rennir View Post
Spoiler for spoiler about the end of the next arcs and manga aspects:
Spoiler for spoiler about the end of the anime and manga caps from 132+:
Old 2010-05-15, 04:01   Link #1367
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I don't think this anime is going to stop at 50. It has pretty good production values and currently Fairy Tail seems to be the newcomer to the elite manga series club. D Gray Man got over 100 episodes, I think, and it's based on a manga that's not as popular. And it's production was only halted 'cause the mangaka suffered an accident (i think she broke her hand or arm.) Gintama got around 200 episodes.

It's a series based one of the top manga in Japan. It has the potential to become yet another lucrative multimedia intellectual property internationally. The mangaka is a proven talent. He's the guy behind Rave Master.

Something about this series makes it seem like they have long term plans for it on print and on TV. As for the manga ending soon? The current arc in the manga is just basically giving a backstory to Happy and the place he originates from, along with character development.

By the way, the Fairy Tail manga is really well drawn. Very detailed, sharply drawn. Easy to follow the action most of the time.

It's most likely that the character you gus talking about was left out of the beginning episodes of the anime due to creative reasons.

Spoiler for excluded characters from first 30 episodes:
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 04:40   Link #1368
Crontica

IF this show goes beyond 100+ im dropping it, cause its only filler from here on out.
Old 2010-05-16, 04:43   Link #1369
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
cause its only filler from here on out.
No it's not. The OP shows previews of the next big arc, which i'm sure will start within a few weeks.
Old 2010-05-16, 05:07   Link #1370
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
No it's not. The OP shows previews of the next big arc, which i'm sure will start within a few weeks.
Actually, it would be filler by the time it gets to episode 100 if they keep going at this pace.

We're currently in the middle of volume 9 in the manga and it's episode 30.
There's currently 19 published volumes, so that gives you around 60 episodes worth of material.

Of course accounting for the fact that you get a new volume every 6 months that gives more like 70 episodes, so with the current level of filler (i.e. almost none), you'd run out of manga material around episode 70.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 05:36   Link #1371
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i know that. I was just pointing out that it won't be all filler from where we are at the moment.
Old 2010-05-16, 05:40   Link #1372
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Yeah i know that. I was just pointing out that it won't be all filler from where we are at the moment.
So far the writers have shown a pretty good sense of writing for the characters when they've embellished stuff from the manga.

If they wanted to do a fully original arc I think it could be just as good as say, the filler arcs of One Piece (which are generally considered pretty decent).

Heck, they should just blatantly steal the plot to Slayers Try and remake it with these characters. We've got the "Dragon" finishing movie, an outgoing princesses-type, and a cold-as-ice character already. (I guess that makes Happy Gourry?)
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 05:54   Link #1373
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah i'd be up for watching an original arc in this series, i mean what anime original we've seen so far has been seriously satisfying (especially the added material that works alongside the source material). We just need to wait and see if this show will end late September at episode 50, or if we'll be seeing what a lot of us are quite interested in.
Old 2010-05-16, 07:13   Link #1374
blewin

I can't see FT going beyond 100 episodes unless it's insanely popular like Naruto and Bleach. On second note, Hitman REBORN shouldn't be that popular but it also got over 100 ep.... (but its main targets are fan girls and FT's targets are different.)

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 07:49   Link #1375
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
I can't see FT going beyond 100 episodes unless it's insanely popular like Naruto and Bleach. On second note, Hitman REBORN shouldn't be that popular but it also got over 100 ep.... (but its main targets are fan girls and FT's targets are different.)
What percentage of the main Hitman REBORN cast are male strippers though?

Anyway just looking through Pixiv their is more boyxboy stuff than boyxgirl stuff. And this is in a series with a pretty even boy:girl ratio. And Pixiv in my experience tends away from boyxboy. So maybe their are Fairy Tail fan girls?

Anyway I did some compairing of series and Fairy Tail had the same amount of time between the start of the manga and the start of the anime as Naruto and one year more than both Bleach and One Piece. While the anime has 2.3 chapters a week animated on average or 2.5 chapters if you discount the episodes not adapted from chapters.

Last edited by Ash Falls Town; 2010-05-16 at 08:01.
Ash Falls Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-16, 08:00   Link #1376
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Blewin never said there weren't any female fans for Fairy Tail. It's just that the main target audience these days for Reborn is female, where Fairy Tail's would be both genders.
Old 2010-05-16, 08:10   Link #1377
Ash Falls Town

Quote:
Blewin never said there weren't any female fans for Fairy Tail. It's just that the main target audience these days for Reborn is female, where Fairy Tail's would be both genders.
Well that just means twice the potential audience. Besides Shonen Magazine needs advertising more than Shonen Jump does anyway.
Old 2010-05-16, 14:42   Link #1378
OkamiNoKaze

I rather liked episode 29, it provided great closure to the fight with Phantom, as well as Lucy confronting her father. I do like the line "this isn't a town, it's our front lawn". and the following reactions.
Old 2010-05-17, 04:53   Link #1379
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarkboy View Post
Actually, it would be filler by the time it gets to episode 100 if they keep going at this pace.

We're currently in the middle of volume 9 in the manga and it's episode 30.
There's currently 19 published volumes, so that gives you around 60 episodes worth of material.

Of course accounting for the fact that you get a new volume every 6 months that gives more like 70 episodes, so with the current level of filler (i.e. almost none), you'd run out of manga material around episode 70.
They don't have to stick to the pace they are going at. Fairy Tail spent 3 or so episodes on each of the first few arcs. And around 8-9 for the 2 major arcs so far.

They can stretch out an upcoming arc up to 30 episodes if they feel like they need to or resort to filler material.

Just look at One Piece, the Impel Down arc. They really stretched that story arc as far as they could, 26 episodes interrupted by 4 special episodes related to the movie. The Ace execution arc that's coming up could be stretched out to 20 even if it can be done in 8. And they're forced to do this 'cause Oda seems to take his sweet time making up his mind and drags out his stories quite a bit.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 06:29   Link #1380
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 30:

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen