AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2011-01-12, 19:22   Link #2021
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

i don't follow the manga, so is this new anime related to the first two in terms of plot-line?
Old 2011-01-12, 22:37   Link #2022
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
i don't follow the manga, so is this new anime related to the first two in terms of plot-line?
It's a side story set in 2017 on the European Front as is supposed to be a side story with new characters. Wether or not any of the old characters show up is unknown at this point.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 10:07   Link #2023
Bonzo
I change anime endings.

Send a message via MSN to Bonzo
Maybe just the knights of round with the job in the european war-front.
Bonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:00   Link #2024
konart

Now we have full scans from Magazines:

Spoiler for scans:

all credits to http://chan-chanz.livejournal.com/6277.html

Translation, anyone? Or at least - any new info?
Old 2011-01-14, 22:10   Link #2025
Lost Cause

^Any ideas as to the winged insignia on Akitos sleeve and on the back of his shirt?

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-01-15, 02:26   Link #2026
Defade
寂しがりのひねくれ者

(skip the first paragraph, which is basically an introduction)

-I heard that the protagonist is a NINJA, is that true?!

In a certain manner of speaking, he's not in a NINJA's position. His name is Hyuuga Akito. A soldier belonging to a certain special unit. It's a hidden unit, so he's a soldier who fights somewhat like a NINJA.

-I see, how is Boukoku no Akito related to your previous work, Hangyaku no Lelouch?

It's the same world. The story begins in 2017 a.t.b. and takes place mostly in Europe. The event happened at around the same time that Lelouch was taking action, but in a different place. It took place when Lelouch was in Japan, - now termed Area 11 - so it's not an alternate universe.

-So, will Lelouch and CC appear in Boukoku no Akito?

That....I can't say.(laughs) However, since it's called "Code Geass", the ability of Geass will definitely make an appearance.

-Will these two characters use it?

I'll leave that to your imagination. Perhaps it is more accurate to say that this is the story of people surrounding Geass.

-It seems like the two of them wore uniforms from the same unit?

That's right. The two of them belong to the same unit.(a sentence or two is missing here) Akito is Japanese, but just from her looks, you can tell that Layla is European. She's a lady from an upstanding family. 2017 a.t.b. in the Code Geass world would be 7 years after the Holy Britannian Empire invaded Japan. The invaded countries are assigned numbers according to the sequence of their conquest, and their citizens are subject to discrimination. Japanese are called Elevens. Which means that even Akito, who is in Europe, is called an Eleven while fighting.

There's quite the difference between the two of them in status, so why are they in the same unit? That's one major point of interest. Also, there're plenty of people in the unit of the same generation, so I believe that it'll also be interesting to look at it as a gunzougeki(essentially telling many characters' stories that, when put together, forms a bigger picture and an overarching theme - think 428 Shibuya)

The protagonist of your previous work, Lelouch, said that he would "start a revolution". Those words stemmed from a desire to get revenge on his father(the Emperor of Britannia), who didn't bat an eye even when his mother was killed, his sister blinded and crippled. So, what is Akito fighting for? When you say that he's Japanese, I can't help but be reminded by Lelouch's childhood friend and rival Suzaku. Suzaku was someone who resigned himself to becoming a Britannian soldier in hopes of restoring his country's civil rights, yes?

He's not exactly like Suzaku, who wanted to regain his own country. Akito's objective is very complicated....but there's a hint in the theme that we revealed a while ago, "In a broken world, we dream". The broken world is the world destroyed through battles between Lelouch and others. So what is the 'dream' that Akito and others are trying to achieve within that world?

Please leave a message to all the fans that have waited for new information on this new series.

It's been one year since we revealed that a new series is in development. The staff held many of meetings, rummaged their brains for plenty of ideas, and we've dealt with all the problems we had. All that's left is to do it. So, please wait a bit longer. I'm sure you'll all find it interesting!
Defade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 04:35   Link #2027
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Oh wow thanks Defade I really can't wait now, but from the looks of the last paragraph it will most likely be released during the summer or fall season.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 19:57   Link #2028
Lost Cause

So Akito is assigned to a special unit then? Interesting! "NINJA" might be indicative of a unit specializing in intelligence gathering as well as hit and run raids. Thanks for the "411" Defade!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Old 2011-01-16, 02:49   Link #2029
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Since this is in the European Theatre where Akito is working the EU, I wonder will the EU be portrayed as a sympathic doomed nation who proved Democracy cannot defeat an autocracy of equal power or go the way of traditional "federations" in Japanese Sci-fi as a ho-hum corrupt federation where it is better to be under an enlightened tyrant?
Old 2011-01-16, 19:09   Link #2030
PzIVf3

PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-17, 14:27   Link #2031
wredsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Since this is in the European Theatre where Akito is working the EU, I wonder will the EU be portrayed as a sympathic doomed nation who proved Democracy cannot defeat an autocracy of equal power or go the way of traditional "federations" in Japanese Sci-fi as a ho-hum corrupt federation where it is better to be under an enlightened tyrant?
EU seems to have held well against Britania, so it does not prove that tyrant > democracy. In LOGH though we see the weakness of democracy with president job, I wonder if there is some people like job in EU.
wredsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-18, 03:59   Link #2032
faiz blaster

I wonder if its still too soon to talk about the possible cast they will hire for this work...
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 12:50   Link #2033
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Look at it this way; I think the EU of Code Geass would have based its political system around what existed in Napoleonic times... And that's hardly perfect.
Old 2011-01-19, 12:59   Link #2034
darthfury78

I guess from the looks of things, this appears to be a full-blown regular series instead of the usual OVA. It appears that this new series will certainly differ from Lelouch of the Rebellion. In addition, I certainly hope that it doesn't suffer the same pitfalls that plagued its predecessor.
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 17:55   Link #2035
lightbringer
M9000

Finally! New characters look good, although Akito having a ponytail will take some getting used to. I have high hopes that it will air this year, perhaps during the fall.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-19, 20:31   Link #2036
wredsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
I guess from the looks of things, this appears to be a full-blown regular series instead of the usual OVA. It appears that this new series will certainly differ from Lelouch of the Rebellion. In addition, I certainly hope that it doesn't suffer the same pitfalls that plagued its predecessor.
Don't Forget Code Geass is about two army personal with same goal but different method of achieving it. This Gaiden might be the original Code Geass series. IT would certainly be interesting
Old 2011-01-21, 04:51   Link #2037
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
Don't Forget Code Geass is about two army personal with same goal but different method of achieving it. This Gaiden might be the original Code Geass series. IT would certainly be interesting
I just hope that the new Geass series does not fall victim to the sort of garbage that ruined the second season of Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion. In addition, I would love to see this series retain the latenight theme that made the first season of Lelouch of the Rebellion spectacular. Let's hope that this new show gets placed on the Thursday to Friday late night schedule instead of the dreadful Sunday 5PM TV listing.
Old 2011-01-21, 15:39   Link #2038
wredsa

Whatever Time schedule it is in, I hope it would be awesome. I also think people see Code Geass for its awesomeness, not for fan service.
Old 2011-01-22, 05:57   Link #2039
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by wredsa View Post
Whatever Time schedule it is in, I hope it would be awesome. I also think people see Code Geass for its awesomeness, not for fan service.
Agreed. The problem with Code Geass R2 was a lot of useless fanservice. Especially, the picture drama(aside from the 1st and last PD) that presented a lot of useless infromation about the characters. Such ashame that we didn't get any meaningful information that might have made the story interesting. I certainly hope that the new series doesn't present any of that garbage that does not enhance on the background of the story.
Old 2011-01-22, 22:54   Link #2040
akire_and_atem

the stained glass behind the characters is DEFINITELY a hint!
akire_and_atem is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, mecha